8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
January 23, 2018, 7:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Didn’t take it as a dig I was trying to help!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 79
louth_in_the_south
January 23, 2018, 8:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,685
Gold Stars: 96
If the club had had the balls to refuse to compete in the checkatrade trophy I’m pretty sure other clubs would’ve followed suit and the trophy would’ve had to return to its original form due to the negative publicity surrounding it .

It makes me sick that the way L1+2 owners sucked the c.ock of that Hervey so he could try and further his career by kissing the prem leagues ars.e

Or maybe I’m being very naive .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 79
Wrawby_Mariner
January 23, 2018, 9:02am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
The Trophy would go ahead with or without Grimsby Town Football Club and I don't think any other club would bow to fans pressure either.

Clubs will not want to miss out on money. Finances at this level are largely like rocking horse manure as it is. Without a decent alternative we have what we have. (I'm not a fan of the current format either, I'm just being realistic)

Move the County Cup to 'in season' get a sponsor and go from there?

A rogue competition?

Maybe not valid alternatives but no club in their right mind would miss out on money.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 62 - 79
headingly_mariner
January 23, 2018, 9:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
The Trophy would go ahead with or without Grimsby Town Football Club and I don't think any other club would bow to fans pressure either.

Clubs will not want to miss out on money. Finances at this level are largely like rocking horse manure as it is. Without a decent alternative we have what we have. (I'm not a fan of the current format either, I'm just being realistic)

A rogue competition?

Maybe not valid alternatives but no club in their right mind would miss out on money.

They just had to back the fans and voice their opposition to it. I also think the fans would have raised money to cover the losses and attendances would've held up better in other competitions if the fans felt the club had backed them. All they had to do was vote against it. It probably still would've gone through, but at least we'd have a bit of dignity and respect. Instead they voted for it and called the fans bullies  

Absolutely they would if they were looking at the long term potential damage to the club and the game. It's an insult for Grimsby Town's first team to play against youth teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 79
Cloudy
January 23, 2018, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

A rogue competition?

Maybe not valid alternatives but no club in their right mind would miss out on money

Agree that money is vital but as suggested above we could have turned down the cash from the Checkatrade ( we would have been in it anyway) and MADE far more money by the fans being united and feeling they had a voice.
I doubt we would have had anything like the them and us situation we have now ( and for the foreseeable) which will cost the clubs thousands every week.

Shortsightedness by the club board in my opinion

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 79
moss_side_mariner
January 23, 2018, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

They just had to back the fans and voice their opposition to it. I also think the fans would have raised money to cover the losses and attendances would've held up better in other competitions if the fans felt the club had backed them. All they had to do was vote against it. It probably still would've gone through, but at least we'd have a bit of dignity and respect. Instead they voted for it and called the fans bullies  

Absolutely they would if they were looking at the long term potential damage to the club and the game. It's an insult for Grimsby Town's first team to play against youth teams.

Spot on HM. Post of the week.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 79
Garth
January 23, 2018, 10:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If the club had had the balls to refuse to compete in the checkatrade trophy I’m pretty sure other clubs would’ve followed suit and the trophy would’ve had to return to its original form due to the negative publicity surrounding it .

It makes me sick that the way L1+2 owners sucked the c.ock of that Hervey so he could try and further his career by kissing the prem leagues ars.e

Or maybe I’m being very naive

Or a bit rude to my oh so tender ears
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 79
Ipswin
January 23, 2018, 12:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from headingly_mariner

. It's an insult for Grimsby Town's first team to play against youth teams.

Gives us an outside chance of winning a game I suppose

Seriously do we HAVE to enter the bloody thing? If Man U can be excused the FA Cup surely little 4th Division Grimsby Town can be excused a shitty little cup like this

As for the income I'm sorry but I just don't believe Creepy Marley's figures at all, staff to pay, floodlighting, travel to away ties et al, its not all he made it out to be.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 79
Alfie
January 23, 2018, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
How many people have completed so far?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 79
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2018, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

Gives us an outside chance of winning a game I suppose

Seriously do we HAVE to enter the bloody thing? If Man U can be excused the FA Cup surely little 4th Division Grimsby Town can be excused a shitty little cup like this

As for the income I'm sorry but I just don't believe Creepy Marley's figures at all, staff to pay, floodlighting, travel to away ties et al, its not all he made it out to be.

How was John on Saturday Swin?
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust supporter survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.