This thread currently has 9,341 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
January 22, 2018, 4:51pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I think the trust should give its 30k as benign loans.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 79
Southwark Mariner
January 22, 2018, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Biccys
I think the trust should give its 30k as benign loans.....

I'm not entirely sure if you're being serious...but I think this would be a good idea!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 79
Bigdog
January 22, 2018, 5:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The term "fan ownership" has been used a lot on here and probably covers three distinct and different possibilities that require more process than just making a decision.

Option One

Fan Ownership - Funded by fans, run by the fans..

Option Two

Fan led consortium - Jointly funded by fans, businesses HNW, run by a consortium of all three

Option Three

Fan led marketing venture to attract new investors - Marketing funded by the fans, club funded by the investors, club run by the investors

These options are worth expanding upon and investigating. But there are stages that need to be taken before any of them. The Trust are not equipped with the manpower to carry out these sort of exercises, so there would need to be a need for a wholesale recruitment of bodies and skills before anything could happen.

I personally think that Option One is out of reach but the other two options are more feasible if a lot more fans committed their time, skills and energy to the cause..

I have offered my services if anything like the above looks like coming to fruition.. It seems about the right time for anyone with any skill or spare time to step forward and offer their services to the Trust so the Trust could make a considered decision regarding the way forward..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 79
bedders78
January 22, 2018, 5:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from bax
You’re putting words in my mouth 😂

I’m not saying it can’t or won’t happen. But I’m saying as of now there is no one stepping forward to lead on it. And if it is to ever happen it needs willing bodies.

To be clear I am not that person. If the will of the Members is to go down that route I would resign as Chair because I don’t have the time or desire to run a fan owned club. Hence the need for people to step forward if that’s what they want.

The chair of the trust doesn't necessarily need to be the chair of the club, it's probably best they would be different

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 79
cleethorpes_mariner
January 22, 2018, 5:31pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Marinerz93
Completed and well done the trust for this survey, if the trust has to put £30k in a year this should be in the format of shares and all shares to protected with a hands off caveat.

The 30k the trust give the club is profit from the bars which I cant see the club allowing the Trust to keep if they were to come off the board.
I would suspect the club would either take the bars back and keep the profit like they did in the past or have another agreement to get the money anyway.

The club did explain the 30k bit in this statement in DEC but for some reason, it was never mentioned on here  

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/trust-to-continue-blundell-park-bar-operation/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 79
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2018, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

The 30k the trust give the club is profit from the bars which I cant see the club allowing the Trust to keep if they were to come off the board.
I would suspect the club would either take the bars back and keep the profit like they did in the past or have another agreement to get the money anyway.

The club did explain the 30k bit in this statement in DEC but for some reason, it was never mentioned on here  

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/trust-to-continue-blundell-park-bar-operation/

The club have proved conclusively that they can't run a pi$$-up in a brewery so I doubt they'll take the bars back!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 79
cleethorpes_mariner
January 22, 2018, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The club have proved conclusively that they can't run a pi$$-up in a brewery so I doubt they'll take the bars back!

maybe not and if they did I doubt they would make the 30k the Trust do now, My point was the 30k was the clubs in the first place and they used it as a way for the Trust to pay for their board members ( originally there were two of them).

Would you allow someone to run your business and keep the profit whilst you pay all the expenses ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 79
lukeo
January 22, 2018, 5:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,328
Gold Stars: 140
Done.
1 thing I had to comment on what should they do in 2018 is stand up to Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 79
GrimRob
January 22, 2018, 6:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I'm not entirely sure if you're being serious...but I think this would be a good idea!

Why? At least shares give you voting rights. A loan is just a loan.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 79
Cloudy
January 22, 2018, 6:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

maybe not and if they did I doubt they would make the 30k the Trust do now, My point was the 30k was the clubs in the first place and they used it as a way for the Trust to pay for their board members ( originally there were two of them).

Would you allow someone to run your business and keep the profit whilst you pay all the expenses ?

The £30k mentioned was supposedly less than £10k when the club 'ran' the bars and not surprising really when some people didn't appear to pay for their drinks!
They are now run professionally and try to engage with the fans and be welcoming. IF the Trust have them removed or decide to walk away then the profits will not be close to £30k. as you say. I would expect the board to close them as they would quickly become a loss making set up!
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust supporter survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.