January 24, 2018, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How was John on Saturday Swin?

Hiding mate - I didn't see him (or his £80000 motor or his two heavy looking minders)

Mind you it was cold and pissing down and I couldn't wait in the warm inside the posh twits entrance this year as my mate who got me in there last season has sadly died and I had to go in the away end with the dossers

I'll PM him later with my questions

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 79
grimsby pete
January 24, 2018, 12:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

Hiding mate - I didn't see him (or his £80000 motor or his two heavy looking minders)

Mind you it was cold and pissing down and I couldn't wait in the warm inside the posh twits entrance this year as my mate who got me in there last season has sadly died and I had to go in the away end with the dossers

I'll PM him later with my questions

BUT

You were told never never ever contact him again mate  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 79
Ipswin
January 25, 2018, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

You were told never never ever contact him again mate  

If he hides and avoids me I have no other route Pete. Surely he will want to engage with a fellow shareholder (however vile) after all according to Stephen 'shut up' Marley FUCCA (ret'd) wasn't the alleged take over bid by the Americans turned down to protect supporter shareholders

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 79
Ipswin
January 26, 2018, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Will the Trust release the more relevant points / comments / complaints / praise gathered in the survey to its members and more importantly will the club / board-critical points made in the survey be passed to Fenty.

He'll ignore them anyway but it will be the thoughts of a wider fanbase rather than just the Fishy telling him he's a loser

Private Message
Reply: 73 - 79
bax
January 26, 2018, 9:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Ipswin
Will the Trust release the more relevant points / comments / complaints / praise gathered in the survey to its members and more importantly will the club / board-critical points made in the survey be passed to Fenty.

He'll ignore them anyway but it will be the thoughts of a wider fanbase rather than just the Fishy telling him he's a loser

Yes a summary of the results will be made public and passed on to the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 79
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2018, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Will the Trust request follow up meetings with the club to discuss what action if any they will take in response?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 79
MuddyWaters
January 26, 2018, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,172
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Ipswin

Well, according to the poll I put up, the Fishy Five has become the Fishy 94.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 79
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2018, 10:24pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well, according to the poll I put up, the Fishy Five has become the Fishy 94.

I expect the other 89 have been bullied into it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 79
barralad
January 26, 2018, 10:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Will the Trust request follow up meetings with the club to discuss what action if any they will take in response?

We already have regular meetings with the club so it can quite easily be accommodated into that cycle. Sad person that I am I waded through all five hundred and odd completed surveys that we'd received by last night and the first thing that struck me (although didn't really surprise me) was the massive breadth of opinion about what the way forward is-particularly in relation to the "Name three things the Trust should do" question. By any standards 500 plus is a decent return on a survey
Although survey monkey does collate figures for us we still have to reach those that haven't wanted to/been able to access it via Survey Monkey. Their views have equal importance and to this end we will be supplying hard copies in all the bars before tomorrow's game with handy pens to enable completion whilst enjoying  pre-match pint(s) Most of you have done your bit by completing on-line but if you know of any Town fans who would want to complete a "hard" copy please let them know.
This bit is just my personal view but I'd expect collation of the results followed by analysis to see whether there are any points we can clear quickly by carrying out our own actions (e.g. putting more stuff out there via e-mail/social media as has been requested). After that we need to consider whether we need to go to an all members vote on any of the propositions-at which point ALL Trust Members will have to be given the opportunity to cast a vote.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 79
KingstonMariner
January 26, 2018, 11:57pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad

We already have regular meetings with the club so it can quite easily be accommodated into that cycle. Sad person that I am I waded through all five hundred and odd completed surveys that we'd received by last night and the first thing that struck me (although didn't really surprise me) was the massive breadth of opinion about what the way forward is-particularly in relation to the "Name three things the Trust should do" question. By any standards 500 plus is a decent return on a survey
Although survey monkey does collate figures for us we still have to reach those that haven't wanted to/been able to access it via Survey Monkey. Their views have equal importance and to this end we will be supplying hard copies in all the bars before tomorrow's game with handy pens to enable completion whilst enjoying  pre-match pint(s) Most of you have done your bit by completing on-line but if you know of any Town fans who would want to complete a "hard" copy please let them know.
This bit is just my personal view but I'd expect collation of the results followed by analysis to see whether there are any points we can clear quickly by carrying out our own actions (e.g. putting more stuff out there via e-mail/social media as has been requested). After that we need to consider whether we need to go to an all members vote on any of the propositions-at which point ALL Trust Members will have to be given the opportunity to cast a vote.

Thanks Barra. You have my respect for wading through 500 returns! I guess that's the love of the club/game that you mentioned re: non-League clubs in the other thread.

Must get around to responding myself tomorrow. Been waiting for a time when I can have a proper think about it  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust supporter survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.