Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 180 Guests

Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

This thread currently has 9,356 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
January 8, 2018, 7:40pm
Guest User
Despite many people expecting some news today that RS would be released from his contract, it clearly wasn’t to be. For some reason, the Club have no appetite to listen to the fans.

Whilst I appreciate that it may be very expensive to release him from what is thought to bea hefty contract surely the demise in the gates by around 2000 is even more costly. Maybe JF hasn’t worked these figures out just yet.

I very much doubt there will be more than 2500 there on Saturday to watch this appalling brand of football so you have to ask yourself, which is more costly.

Maybe if all those that would normally part with their, hard earned, coin decided to not put it through the turnstiles and stand in the car park at the front of the Findus, JF would start to realise how much revenue his is missing out on with his decisions.

I genuinely love my team but the Club just aren’t listening. It’s Toxic!!
OneLove
January 8, 2018, 7:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
wooooah you cant put this on here you'll get called daft. I've already suggested this a bit ago but fell on deaf ears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
fleabag1970
January 8, 2018, 7:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If you protest you will be branded bullies . Society is now ruled by bullies who like to keep people quiet by using spin. If this was 1985 a protest would of happened by now . We live in different times  now

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
January 8, 2018, 8:11pm
Guest User
Not a protest, just a choice to simply remain outside the ground and sing if you like too. MMMMMAAAAARRRRRIIINEERRRRRRRRS from the car park would go down a treat!! Don’t think the players should shoulder all the blame. We have some good footballers that are finishing 90 minutes with their necks hurting more than their legs because of RS Tactics!!
Reply: 3 - 74
moosey_club
January 8, 2018, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 1542
Despite many people expecting some news today that RS would be released from his contract, it clearly wasn’t to be. For some reason, the Club have no appetite to listen to the fans.

Whilst I appreciate that it may be very expensive to release him from what is thought to bea hefty contract surely the demise in the gates by around 2000 is even more costly. Maybe JF hasn’t worked these figures out just yet.

I very much doubt there will be more than 2500 there on Saturday to watch this appalling brand of football so you have to ask yourself, which is more costly.

Maybe if all those that would normally part with their, hard earned, coin decided to not put it through the turnstiles and stand in the car park at the front of the Findus, JF would start to realise how much revenue his is missing out on with his decisions.

So you will be in the car park for the duration of the game on Saturday then will you ? Fair play to you if you do.

I have paid for my ST so i will be inside watching, i will not boo , or call for Slade out , or sl@g the players off incessantly, i will attend in the hope that we turn the corner and get a win, in the hope i see some entertainment and in the hope i will enjoy the game.

If i didnt have a season ticket already i may not have gone but as i have then i am committed to going.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
OneLove
January 8, 2018, 8:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

So you will be in the car park for the duration of the game on Saturday then will you ? Fair play to you if you do.

I have paid for my STH so i will be inside watching, i will not boo , or call for Slade out , or sl@g the players off incessantly, i will attend in the hope that we turn the corner and get a win, in the hope i see some entertainment and in the hope i will enjoy the game.

If i didnt have a season ticket already i may not have gone but as i have then i am committed to going.

Wit woo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
January 8, 2018, 8:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club

I have paid for my ST so i will be inside watching, i will not boo , or call for Slade out , or sl@g the players off incessantly, i will attend in the hope that we turn the corner and get a win, in the hope i see some entertainment and in the hope i will enjoy the game.

You’re absolutely right, you’ve paid for something and you shouldn’t see your hard earned cash wasted, absolutely not!

I definitely don’t think shouting abuse at any of the players will work either, nor would I suggest that. But, some positivity outside the ground without paying may help get the message across.

Also the catering will be slightly better!! Maccy D’s!! 🍔 😉

Reply: 6 - 74
moosey_club
January 8, 2018, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1542

You’re absolutely right, you’ve paid for something and you shouldn’t see your hard earned cash wasted, absolutely not!

I definitely don’t think shouting abuse at any of the players will work either, nor would I suggest that. But, some positivity outside the ground without paying may help get the message across.

Also the catering will be slightly better!! Maccy D’s!! 🍔 😉

i wouldnt say it was hard earned .. ...
it is clear there is growing discontent, people are choosing not to go, i am 99% certain that i wont be getting an ST next season...not particularly based on what is happening on the pitch as i would probably go regardless but based on the PR and marketing of ST's and the already promised increase for next season in ST prices.
I really dont like sitting in a crowd who boo players on and off the pitch, boo subs, call for the managers head etc as it isnt helpful in the slightest, players are already hiding and that kind of atmosphere will not help.  
Any angst should be aimed at the board IMO...they are responsible for all the appointments, budget, investment, treatment of the supporters not the players, who while may not be the greatest are still just doing their job as we all do.
Plenty more ground to cover this season and i just hope that we dont reach a stage where supporters are turning on themselves, we all have a right to our opinion and of course....everyone believes their opinion is right.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
Madeleymariner
January 8, 2018, 9:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quick everybody we need to bully Moosey into not going into ground on Saturday  Booo Moosey Boooo    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
moosey_club
January 8, 2018, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Quick everybody we need to bully Moosey into not going into ground on Saturday  Booo Moosey Boooo    

i am an inner child....reverse psychology works better

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2018, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from moosey_club

i am an inner child....reverse psychology works better

Saturday will be 18 degrees C, a beautiful day to watch Scott Vernon rip Newport a new one with a first half hat-trick and JJ Hooper completing the rout with a second half brace.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
Gtfc123
January 8, 2018, 9:43pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -52
Quoted from 1542

I for one will be inside the ground ! as a true supporter I will be there in the good times and the bad.
Just because we lost a few you walk away. (Not really a true supporter then !)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
Cambs Mariner
January 8, 2018, 9:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from Gtfc123

I for one will be inside the ground ! as a true supporter I will be there in the good times and the bad.

Is that really the definition of a true supporter? I would say that the vast majority of people on this site are true GTFC fans. A lot of these fans are becoming disillusioned with the activities on and off the park. Just because you will be there on Saturday doesn't make you any better or worse than the fans who have decided not to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
moss_side_mariner
January 8, 2018, 9:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Gtfc123

Squarkus? Is that you?

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
moosey_club
January 8, 2018, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Saturday will be 18 degrees C, a beautiful day to watch Scott Vernon rip Newport a new one with a first half hat-trick and JJ Hooper completing the rout with a second half brace.

be a fool to miss it then  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
Gtfc123
January 8, 2018, 10:04pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

Is that really the definition of a true supporter? I would say that the vast majority of people on this site are true GTFC fans. A lot of these fans are becoming disillusioned with the activities on and off the park. Just because you will be there on Saturday doesn't make you any better or worse than the fans who have decided not to go.

Disillusioned with being mid table ? It’s such a shame that we don’t like anything other than success these days. If all town fans had the same attitude over the last 50 years, they would probably have spent more time protesting in the car park than supporting in the pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
friskneymariner
January 8, 2018, 10:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Gtfc123

I too will be there but not with the attitude you have. I fully realise by attending I am tacitly condoning the dross that is being served up.
Unfortunately J.F will only act when gates become unsustainable and I have every admiration for those who are staying away,I wish I had the will power to stay away,it is only falling attendances that will effect change,all those who keep attending are only enabling the present situation,but beware Mr Fenty my tipping point will be reached..

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2018, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gtfc123

Disillusioned with being mid table ? It’s such a shame that we don’t like anything other than success these days. If all town fans had the same attitude over the last 50 years, they would probably have spent more time protesting in the car park than supporting in the pontoon.

I'm quite disillusioned that my team hasn't scored in 10 of the last 14 games and has only provided one entertaining home game all season. Non-league was more entertaining than this crap - anyway, which part of the clan are you?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
Cambs Mariner
January 8, 2018, 10:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Gtfc123

It has nothing to do with were the team are in the league. On field It has to do with the style of play and lack of goals. Off field decisions over the last 15 years has led to a downward spiral and for me the appointment of Slade and the fans forum was the final straw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
Gtfc123
January 8, 2018, 10:21pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm quite disillusioned that my team hasn't scored in 10 of the last 14 games and has only provided one entertaining home game all season. Non-league was more entertaining than this crap - anyway, which part of the clan are you?

Granted the football is boring at the moment and we all hope it will get better but if it does get turned around and we start winning what then ?
Still Fenty out ? Who’s going to replace him ? I dont see them queuing in the car park to put there money in.
The clan is the GTFC supporters clan of which a few more need to get on board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2018, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gtfc123

Granted the football is boring at the moment and we all hope it will get better but if it does get turned around and we start winning what then ?
Still Fenty out ? Who’s going to replace him ? I dont see them queuing in the car park to put there money in.
The clan is the GTFC supporters clan of which a few more need to get on board.

A greater percentage of Town fans stayed with the club in non-league than many other clubs. Lincoln & Luton have both more than doubled their attendances since getting in the League and I'll tell you why. They've got ambition, aspiration and a board wanting to build on success whilst they've got momentum. Our board put the flipping handbrake on.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2018, 10:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Squarkus? Is that you?

No. It didn't end 'all Town aren't we'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
Cambs Mariner
January 8, 2018, 10:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No. It didn't end 'all Town aren't we'.

I think it is the self acclaimed Messiah himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
Badger57
January 8, 2018, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A greater percentage of Town fans stayed with the club in non-league than many other clubs. Lincoln & Luton have both more than doubled their attendances since getting in the League and I'll tell you why. They've got ambition, aspiration and a board wanting to build on success whilst they've got momentum. Our board put the flipping handbrake on.

...then slammed it into reverse and knocked down each and every little bit of goodwill and promotion momentum built up. All in less than a season and a half. Unbelievable really but that's Fenty for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
moss_side_mariner
January 8, 2018, 10:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3

With the emphasis on Mess.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 12:11am
Meths Drinker

You could be right. He answered the direct question with a cryptic answer which neither confirms nor denies his divinity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
pen penfras
January 9, 2018, 7:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
I understand that a growing number of people are unhappy, mostly because the football is as bad as I can remember. But protesting isn't going to help anything. By staying away, which you have every right to do, you are reducing the income of the club and increasing the debt and reliance upon JF.

There's a very small chance that you might make him resign from the board, but that would make the situation far worse in my eyes. He can call in his loans, seizing all assets and cripple the club. I don't think that's going to happen, but if I was in that position, I think I'd consider it with all the abuse and stress that he gets. Best case, the loans will still remain on the books, but nobody to run the club or pick up the pieces in the future.

I guess there's a bit of cash left in the bank, that might cover the loss for this season. But then what? You want Slade gone, that's going to be costly. You want a promotion push, that's going to be costly. Where is it coming from?

This season isn't great. But it's been worse. Next season we have a chance to build a new squad that can compete at this level. I think efforts would be best directed at trying to support this rather than drive out somebody with no plan B in place (you don't like that, right?).

A lot of the time, the "PR gaffes" come when things aren't going well or abuse is being directed at the manager/team. Do you think there might be a reason for this? Maybe he feels by directing the abuse at himself, it takes pressure away from the squad and allows them to play more freely and turn things around. Other things, you only see one side of the story, it's much more complex in reality. Sure, he doesn't explain things particularly well, and I think that's because he only sees things from his point of view where it makes sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
golfer
January 9, 2018, 8:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
I go to matches like I always have but I never seem to enjoy it.I used to be excited all week when we had a Saturday game but not anymore.When I see that we are at home on a Saturday my first thoughts now are "Fck not again" but i keep going and keep saying "Fck not again"   If the 10% increase in season tickets,yes 10%,is implemented I will be saying  "Fck NEVER again" and mean it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2018, 8:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
I’ve tried  bribing my lad to go on a Saturday to no avail the product is so devalued another generation probably lost. After we beat village green at Wembley the marketing offensive should have been so intense fans should of felt guilty not going. We as a club just seem to stutter along hence why hurst left doing things on a constant shoe string in the end shines through. That doesn’t only apply to the footballing side commercially are we really doing enough ? Are targets met are targets even set ? The academy never seems to produce a player deemed fit for the first team ? Surely questions need to be asked why aren’t we.  Are to many in the comfort zone throughout the club ?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
1mickylyons
January 9, 2018, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from golfer
I go to matches like I always have but I never seem to enjoy it.I used to be excited all week when we had a Saturday game but not anymore.When I see that we are at home on a Saturday my first thoughts now are "Fck not again" but i keep going and keep saying "Fck not again"   If the 10% increase in season tickets,yes 10%,is implemented I will be saying  "Fck NEVER again" and mean it.

I keep seeing it mooted about a 10% increase but I haven`t seen anything from the Club if indeed this is fact it`s another backward step IMHO? They need a lot more fans to compete not even less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
cmackenzie4
January 9, 2018, 8:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
My highlight on a Saturday used to be going down to BP and enjoying the match day experience...nowadays I meet my mate for a coffee in Cafe Nero,  I just can’t stomach the hoofball anymore.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
wiggers
January 9, 2018, 10:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I too have stopped attending, my last game being the drab derby against Lincoln. I just can’t get excited about the football on offer or the negative vibe around the club. GTFC should be a positive for the Greater Grimsby area but hasn’t been for many years. Here’s a question to my fellow fishy posters as I think this is the only reason John Fenty is still around, would you take John Fenty and a new ground or stay at BP with a completely different hierarchy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
1mickylyons
January 9, 2018, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from wiggers
I too have stopped attending, my last game being the drab derby against Lincoln. I just can’t get excited about the football on offer or the negative vibe around the club. GTFC should be a positive for the Greater Grimsby area but hasn’t been for many years. Here’s a question to my fellow fishy posters as I think this is the only reason John Fenty is still around, would you take John Fenty and a new ground or stay at BP with a completely different hierarchy?

WOW what a question that is........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
OneLove
January 9, 2018, 11:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Gtfc123

Lets just look over the very bad period of GTFC when we flung ourselves out the league. That support that carried on throughout the six years of gut was more than incredible, youtube (gtfcdrummer) and watch the turn outs we had away and the atmosphere we created. Most players what came to the club praised our fans and said they had heard of the tremendous support we have and couldn't wait to play in front of us. We was generating support from all over online, the comments on youtube speak for itself. Now lets move to this season, its ALL GONE! There is no spark nor atmosphere, no buzz, no nothing and the simple reason is what the majority of these threads are about of recent. Now your comment of just because we've lost a few you walk away I find ridiculous, its not just about the winning and losing its also about the performing and two good performances out of 27 games isn't cutting it for me, nor are the lies, the blame factors etc etc etc and this season we've been hit with it all.... Enjoy the game on Saturday fella.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
Quagmire
January 9, 2018, 11:42am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Gtfc123

Firstly, genuine question, do we need to 'replace' Fenty?

I'm assuming that you are meaning with regard to finance?  

The club is pretty much self sustaining at its current level and wage structure - so much so, that JF took 200k out of the club according to the last set of accounts.

The bulk of the debt that has been accrued to him has been as a direct result of his complete mismanagement of the club, taking it to its lowest ever position in the football pyramid.

When (not if, but when) Slade is sacked this will saddle the club with additional debt.  A debt that Fenty should pay out of his own pocket.  It is a Fenty appointment, made solely by him, and as such any severance that Slade would be due should come out of Fenty's pocket, not the club.

Take away the primary source of creating this debt (Fenty and his mismanagement / dreadful managerial appointments) and the club won't need to find a source to fund these additional costs.

Re people queuing in the car park wanting to put money in:

Nobody had heard of Mike Parker until it was announced he had bought £1million of shares.

Nobody had heard about this American consortium until it was mentioned at the fans forum.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
RoboCod
January 9, 2018, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from pen penfras
By staying away, which you have every right to do, you are reducing the income of the club and increasing the debt and reliance upon JF.

But then what? You want Slade gone, that's going to be costly.

A lot of the time, the "PR gaffes" come when things aren't going well or abuse is being directed at the manager/team. Do you think there might be a reason for this? Maybe he feels by directing the abuse at himself, it takes pressure away from the squad and allows them to play more freely and turn things around.

Or on the flipside we go pay our money to watch poor football and give Slade more money to waste on more 2-year contracts on substandard players.

Costly? Not my problem, let the people who drew up the contract and terms sort out the pay off.

A lot of the time? You're working overtime for excuses here. Throwing down a challenge to posters to take a metaphorical swing at him at a forum then complaining like a spoilt child at the forum that fans use him as a (metaphorical) punchbag is not remotely close to your far fetched theory.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2018, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from wiggers

I have no faith the club would be any better run in a new stadium, with Fenty still in charge. Therefore I would take Blundell Park with a new owner without a shadow of a doubt.

In fact I have come to think lately that staying at BP wouldn't be a bad idea at all, with the right people in charge.

The wonderful old ground could be given a huge facelift with the grants available and some investment. The parking problem could be solved by a park and ride scheme somewhere else in the town. A couple of new stands could facilitate conference facilities, and why couldn't we build community and training pitches away from BP? A lot cheaper, and a lot easier to locate than building hundreds of homes as the main driver of the project.

I have had to think like this because the new stadium seems as far away as ever...  We cannot let "the BP" crumble away can we, so a decision on its future will have to made soon.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2018, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from cmackenzie4
My highlight on a Saturday used to be going down to BP and enjoying the match day experience...nowadays I meet my mate for a coffee in Cafe Nero,  I just can’t stomach the hoofball anymore.

This is a worrying trend that so many loyal supporters have given up.

I must say though, I don't quite understand it. It is our club, our team and whoever the manager is some fans who previously went will stop going. Some stopped going when we were in the Championship with Buckley cos he was "arrogant."

Some have stopped going because of the non chairman, some because of the facilities or whatever. Everyone is perfectly entitled to do what they think best, of course.

I am a firm believer myself in going come what may, but where I disagree with many is that I make my feelings known at the game, for good or bad. In our current difficulties, it would send more of a message if we could bellow out our feelings with 4000 there than as lately when the 1500 left have had a fragmented chant or two against the board, or manager. A campaign within the ground for change would be far more effective in my view, but everyone sees things differently.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
Quagmire
January 9, 2018, 1:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Today’s Cod Almighty diary sums it up for me:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6574
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2018, 2:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Quagmire

Firstly, genuine question, do we need to 'replace' Fenty?

I'm assuming that you are meaning with regard to finance?  

The club is pretty much self sustaining at its current level and wage structure - so much so, that JF took 200k out of the club according to the last set of accounts.

The bulk of the debt that has been accrued to him has been as a direct result of his complete mismanagement of the club, taking it to its lowest ever position in the football pyramid.

When (not if, but when) Slade is sacked this will saddle the club with additional debt.  A debt that Fenty should pay out of his own pocket.  It is a Fenty appointment, made solely by him, and as such any severance that Slade would be due should come out of Fenty's pocket, not the club.

Take away the primary source of creating this debt (Fenty and his mismanagement / dreadful managerial appointments) and the club won't need to find a source to fund these additional costs.

Re people queuing in the car park wanting to put money in:

Nobody had heard of Mike Parker until it was announced he had bought £1million of shares.

Nobody had heard about this American consortium until it was mentioned at the fans forum.

One thing that Nigel Lowther said on the Radio yesterday that really struck me was that there was still time for a "dignified exit" for Mr Fenty. He suggested that if he held his hands up and said "i've had a go and done the best I could" allowing somebody else or the fans to have a run at the club by offering it debt free, people would really buy into it and it would be best for the club.

The way the club is being run, it will be a slow and painful death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
Kris2
January 9, 2018, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Quagmire
Today’s Cod Almighty diary sums it up for me:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6574

It sums up how I feel for sure, I don't even enjoy going to BP and watching a game anymore. It used to be something I'd look forward to all week and win,lose or draw I'd get invested in the game and have fun doing it.

The last couple of times I went to games before I stopped I just felt nothing watching it. Not paying that money to be bored out my skull with a sense of annoyance at everything the club is, the collective apathy of all involved and the fans. To be quite honest I feel that way about The Fishy too. Neither is what it was and the sense of fun is gone.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
OneLove
January 9, 2018, 4:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

It sums up how I feel for sure, I don't even enjoy going to BP and watching a game anymore. It used to be something I'd look forward to all week and win,lose or draw I'd get invested in the game and have fun doing it.

The last couple of times I went to games before I stopped I just felt nothing watching it. Not paying that money to be bored out my skull with a sense of annoyance at everything the club is, the collective apathy of all involved and the fans. To be quite honest I feel that way about The Fishy too. Neither is what it was and the sense of fun is gone.

Ditto mate, I was on about this to me mate the other day. Saturdays used to be a buzz, bets on, few pints, watch town, few hundred more pints after the game or even the away day buzz. Its been killed from the boardroom to the pitch, cheers you utter tossers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
golfer
January 9, 2018, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I keep seeing it mooted about a 10% increase but I haven`t seen anything from the Club if indeed this is fact it`s another backward step IMHO? They need a lot more fans to compete not even less.

FACT--from J.F. in summer break
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:45pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

Or on the flipside we go pay our money to watch poor football and give Slade more money to waste on more 2-year contracts on substandard players.

Costly? Not my problem, let the people who drew up the contract and terms sort out the pay off.

A lot of the time? You're working overtime for excuses here. Throwing down a challenge to posters to take a metaphorical swing at him at a forum then complaining like a spoilt child at the forum that fans use him as a (metaphorical) punchbag is not remotely close to your far fetched theory.

Great post.

I think the bit I highlighted is an excellent point. Alienate people from having any sense of ownership of the club and decisions, then you take it on yourself to deal with the consequences. Or should do.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

One thing that Nigel Lowther said on the Radio yesterday that really struck me was that there was still time for a "dignified exit" for Mr Fenty. He suggested that if he held his hands up and said "i've had a go and done the best I could" allowing somebody else or the fans to have a run at the club by offering it debt free, people would really buy into it and it would be best for the club.

The way the club is being run, it will be a slow and painful death.

If he did that he could go with his head held high.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
mimma
January 10, 2018, 12:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
I would like to put the record straight about how Fenty came to be chairman and major share holder.

Ramsden was chairman at the time and had lent the club 350 grand to keep it afloat. He spit his dummy out and resigned, and demanded his money back in full. It was Fenty that paid him off in full out of his own pocket which ultimately saved the club from financial ruin.

Don't get me wrong, JF has made plenty of mistakes in his time at the helm. I believe that Pete Fernaux was the footballing brains, but, unfortunately, he had to step down leaving JF to run the whole thing on his own with nobody to turn to for advice. Like the rest of us,he is GTFC through and through, but unfortunately doesn't have the financial clout to take us to the next step. We are Grimsby, nobody is going to come here waving cheque books about. The only people that would, would have had to be born here. Just remember some of the other clubs that chased the dream of a rich sugar daddy, only to fall flat on their face. (Sven at Notts County FFS).

One thing I have learned in my sixty odd years on this planet is that things never stay the same indefinitely. Just be patient, like I was waiting, watching poor Town teams for years until McMennamy turned up by chance, and we suddenly rose up. Then it was Sir Alan playing the best football I have ever seen. Our turn will come again.

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
arryarryarry
January 10, 2018, 12:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Quoted from mimma
I would like to put the record straight about how Fenty came to be chairman and major share holder.

Ramsden was chairman at the time and had lent the club 350 grand to keep it afloat. He spit his dummy out and resigned, and demanded his money back in full. It was Fenty that paid him off in full out of his own pocket which ultimately saved the club from financial ruin.

Don't get me wrong, JF has made plenty of mistakes in his time at the helm. I believe that Pete Fernaux was the footballing brains, but, unfortunately, he had to step down leaving JF to run the whole thing on his own with nobody to turn to for advice. Like the rest of us,he is GTFC through and through, but unfortunately doesn't have the financial clout to take us to the next step. We are Grimsby, nobody is going to come here waving cheque books about. The only people that would, would have had to be born here. Just remember some of the other clubs that chased the dream of a rich sugar daddy, only to fall flat on their face. (Sven at Notts County FFS).

One thing I have learned in my sixty odd years on this planet is that things never stay the same indefinitely. Just be patient, like I was waiting, watching poor Town teams for years until McMennamy turned up by chance, and we suddenly rose up. Then it was Sir Alan playing the best football I have ever seen. Our turn will come again.

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM

But will it come with JF and RS running the club?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
1mickylyons
January 10, 2018, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from mimma

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM

I have thought that football goes in cycles but this wait is taking the pish and I wont wait any longer.TIMES UP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
pen penfras
January 10, 2018, 7:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mimma
I believe that Pete Fernaux was the footballing brains

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. Mike Parker complained that JF and PF were so aligned in their views that it meant the board vote was almost a formality to go with what they want because they would vote the same way. MP was the major share holder and starting to call the shots, so PF was asked to stand down as part of the process to appease MP and get a more diverse view across the board. MP quit almost immediately even after getting his own way, which suggests to me that he didn't want to stick it out regardless and was making excuses to get away from the expensive venture that is football.

Also worth noting that MP was the major shareholder and it's widely documented that he was behind the appointing of Neil Woods and the sacking of Woods was part of what led MP to stand down. Laying all the blame at one man's door for our downfall is a bit hash. Doesn't exonerate JF from his contribution to things going badly, but at least he's stuck it out when others have run as fast as they can when things didn't look so rosy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 10, 2018, 8:11am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. Mike Parker complained that JF and PF were so aligned in their views that it meant the board vote was almost a formality to go with what they want because they would vote the same way. MP was the major share holder and starting to call the shots, so PF was asked to stand down as part of the process to appease MP and get a more diverse view across the board. MP quit almost immediately even after getting his own way, which suggests to me that he didn't want to stick it out regardless and was making excuses to get away from the expensive venture that is football.

Also worth noting that MP was the major shareholder and it's widely documented that he was behind the appointing of Neil Woods and the sacking of Woods was part of what led MP to stand down. Laying all the blame at one man's door for our downfall is a bit hash. Doesn't exonerate JF from his contribution to things going badly, but at least he's stuck it out when others have run as fast as they can when things didn't look so rosy.

Some interesting points but you have completely ignored that MP basically donated 1.25 million to the club and has added no debt. You have also ignored how the share issue was engineered. Mariner93 has been asking the question for years as to why Mr Fenty's money never went in to match MP as shares as agreed? This would've avoided the issue. Some of the responses on this thread smell a bit like propaganda to me.

Ramadan should've never got his money back. I think if you look at the shareholding at the time their are other reasons Ramsden's bluff wasn't called and we were allowed into administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
pen penfras
January 10, 2018, 8:25am

Cocktail Drinker

Some interesting points but you have completely ignored that MP basically donated 1.25 million to the club and has added no debt. You have also ignored how the share issue was engineered. Mariner93 has been asking the question for years as to why Mr Fenty's money never went in to match MP as shares as agreed? This would've avoided the issue. Some of the responses on this thread smell a bit like propaganda to me.

Ramadan should've never got his money back. I think if you look at the shareholding at the time their are other reasons Ramsden's bluff wasn't called and we were allowed into administration.

But you're also completely ignoring that JF has funded the club through the share issue too. Not to the tune of £1 million, but it's in the hundreds of thousands.

Is there a link to this statement? I don't ever remember hearing it, but it's quoted on here a lot. I'd like to read it as said/written rather than hearsay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2018, 8:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

But you're also completely ignoring that JF has funded the club through the share issue too. Not to the tune of £1 million, but it's in the hundreds of thousands.

Is there a link to this statement? I don't ever remember hearing it, but it's quoted on here a lot. I'd like to read it as said/written rather than hearsay.

Maybe he should have paid the Trust for MP's shares and the trust could have loaned the cash back - B9ly of course!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
January 10, 2018, 8:40am
Guest User

I am privately convinced that at least three of our newer posters - SheepGTFC, pen penfras and gtfc123 - are Fenty 'stooges' trying to put a spin on
15 years of decline. Perfectly entitled to do so, of course.

John - this isn't a passing bad mood that the fans are experiencing - it's 15 years of disappointment and frustration. It's now genuine anger and disillusionment. You can try to control social media, but the truth is that the more loyal Grimsby fans are, the more they're taken for granted and viewed as "sheep with wallets".
We've had enough of that.
I, at least, believe that you're doing the best you can - but how much longer do the fans have to wait before you realise that as a businessman
you were exceptional, but being a football (non-)chairman really isn't working for you is it? And it's the club you love, and its fans, who suffer.

Reply: 52 - 74
Civvy at last
January 10, 2018, 8:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from pen penfras

Steven,  surely as the clubs accountant you would have been grateful for the financial input from Mike Parker ? It would be nice if you would acknowledge that.  And please don't tell me to 'shut up'  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 10, 2018, 8:56am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

benign loans are completely different and was it to the amount agreed with MP?

There is a radio interview that outlines it I believe and funnily enough the written versions on the telegraph website and the OS are no longer available. If you read the Cod Almoghty diaries from the time they have handy links and quotes. I'd love it if someone could find it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
Civvy at last
January 10, 2018, 9:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131

benign loans are completely different and was it to the amount agreed with MP?

There is a radio interview that outlines it I believe and funnily enough the written versions on the telegraph website and the OS are no longer available. If you read the Cod Almoghty diaries from the time they have handy links and quotes. I'd love it if someone could find it.

You need to find it HM.  Otherwise certain directors might just imply that you are a liar.  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 9:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pen penfras

I call  bullshit, MP did indeed leave the board citing that promises weren't kept and that there wasn't the appetite for change. MP after the left the board further invested some time after £500k worth of shares as agreed that MP and Fenty would put into the club. Because Fenty didn't put the money in shares it meant MP became the major share holder, share increase he and the board would have to authorise so he knew was what required, he didn't do as agreed and triggered article 9 a couple of months later. If he was forced to buy Fenty's shares he would then be in a position for Fenty to call his benign loan in. Why do you think that he gave the trust £500k worth of shares and why did Fenty go after those shares when he could have just matched Parker as agreed and shares fiasco would never have happened.

Give me an example where JF has worked with someone with money for the benefit of the club because two people with money have come and gone.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 74
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mimma

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM

Yes lets put the record straight, you are mostly correct but have omitted that it was the club that paid the taxman back whilst paying Fenty back the agreed amount in 4 installments for paying Ramsden off (why did Ramsden call in his loan), whilst we were paying the taxman back. It was Fenty who hired cheap and then had to pay off managers and players, then paying more out for better loan players all saddling the club with loans against the clubs assets. How did all these outgoings effect the playing budget? You reap what you sow. Was it just bad luck were relegated down the leagues and then out of it. Some people have short memories, Bournemouth started the season on -30 points and had a player embargo and they still over took us FFS.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
January 10, 2018, 9:55am
Guest User
Quoted from 137

John - this isn't a passing bad mood that the fans are experiencing - it's 15 years of disappointment and frustration.

I am very sorry but personally I don't agree with this. I haven't had 15 years of disappointment and frustration.

Two seasons ago I thoroughly enjoyed the promotion season, and right now I am delighted to be safely back in the Football League. Yes as I sit here right now, I would now like us to be kicking on once again and challenging for further progress, but i am content in the knowledge that we are comfortably a Football League team once again, and that our time will come to push on again.

Oddly enough, even during our seasons in the Conference, I had some amazing and enjoyable times. Yes of course disappointed when at the end of the season, we failed to get over the line. But the season's enjoyment on route to that stage each year was fantastic, seeing us compete and in with a chance of climbing back into the Football League. Enjoying watching a young manager develop with his experiences until he eventually got the success that he deserved and the supporters deserved.

Off course I would love to see us back punching above our weight, like we did in the Buckley years, up in the Championship. But I am realistic in supporting a club like Grimsby Town, and realise that in the true world of football, we will have up's and down's and be a perennial club in and out of League 2 and League 1 in the future. I'd love to think that one day we might even find a manager that can get us having a bit of Championship experience once again, that would be nice. But I am realistic in my expectations, and I know we will be and up and down club, and that is what I love about us, and about football outside of the Galactic world of the Premiership.

So I would thank you not to include me as one of those supporters that has had 15 years of disappointment and frustration. I am not. I love the club for exactly what it is, and I love football at our level for what it is.

Thank you
Reply: 58 - 74
Maringer
January 10, 2018, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Bournemouth were actually deducted 17 points at the start of the season but managed to finish 5 points above us. Rotherham also started with -17 points but finished 27 points ahead of us (!) but it was Luton that started with -30 points and duly went down.

Good Lord, we were truly shite that season. Can't believe that I was expecting anything better under Newell the next season after we'd won so few games under him the previous one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
January 10, 2018, 10:05am
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
Bournemouth were actually deducted 17 points at the start of the season but managed to finish 5 points above us. Rotherham also started with -17 points but finished 27 points ahead of us (!) but it was Luton that started with -30 points and duly went down.

Good Lord, we were truly shite that season. Can't believe that I was expecting anything better under Newell the next season after we'd won so few games under him the previous one.

Do we really need to keep reflecting on past failures? No we don't. All we need to do is look forward now.

Reply: 60 - 74
OneLove
January 10, 2018, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 120790

Do we really need to keep reflecting on past failures? No we don't. All we need to do is look forward now.

But looking forward all I can see is failure, doom and a club collapsing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 74
barralad
January 10, 2018, 10:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from OneLove

But looking forward all I can see is failure, doom and a club collapsing.

Christ on a bike it's the Fishy's answer to a cross between Fraser from Dad's Army and Senna The Soothsayer from Up Pompeii!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 74
Maringer
January 10, 2018, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Sorry Dad.

What am I allowed to post about on this public forum? Please send me a list of topics which have your approval.

(Comment aimed at Ascend)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 74
OneLove
January 10, 2018, 10:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Christ on a bike it's the Fishy's answer to a cross between Fraser from Dad's Army and Senna The Soothsayer from Up Pompeii!

Hahaha its how I feel and how the clubs made me feel unfortunately, the doom and gloomster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 74
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 10:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Thanks for the correct info, was the Borunemouth player embargo lifted towards the end of the season, still they managed 22 points under difficult conditions, I know they lost quite a few players so what they achieved was a mircacle.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 74
ginnywings
January 10, 2018, 11:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Well personally, i feel like it's been almost 15 years of failure, because despite seeing almost every home game in our 6 year non league stint, and apart from a very few exceptions, i hated every minute of it. We should never have been there, and has been pointed out, we had a narrow escape with teams on points deductions, only to learn nothing and get relegated in due course anyway. Non league was dreadful mostly, with some of the games so tedious that i almost fell asleep. Watching us fail to break down teams like Guiseley was interminably dull.

So for me, we should never forget those bad times because if we take our eye off the ball, we will soon be back there. The board talked yesterday in their statement about 2 seasons of mid table stability. I'd like to point out that this season is far from done yet and mid table is not guaranteed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 74
Maringer
January 10, 2018, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thanks for the correct info, was the Borunemouth player embargo lifted towards the end of the season, still they managed 22 points under difficult conditions, I know they lost quite a few players so what they achieved was a mircacle.

I'd forgotten they had an embargo, truth be told. Makes the achievement that season even more impressive. Despite the defeat, I enjoyed the game there where both of us were reprieved from the risk of relegation though we were turned away from half the bars in Bournemouth that night because of reported trouble caused by Town fans the night before!

Just goes to show what can be done with a solid core of players (Fletcher their talisman, as I recall) and a good manager, Howe, who is remarkably still with the club. Oh, just checked and see he decamped to Burnley for a while, but you can see why Bournemouth fans would like him as he's been a great success during both spells with them.

Of course, they've had some serious financial backing to make their way up to the PL, so it's not all just good management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 74
1mickylyons
January 10, 2018, 1:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 137

I am privately convinced that at least three of our newer posters - SheepGTFC, pen penfras and gtfc123 - are Fenty 'stooges' trying to put a spin on
15 years of decline. Perfectly entitled to do so, of course.

John - this isn't a passing bad mood that the fans are experiencing - it's 15 years of disappointment and frustration. It's now genuine anger and disillusionment. You can try to control social media, but the truth is that the more loyal Grimsby fans are, the more they're taken for granted and viewed as "sheep with wallets".
We've had enough of that.
I, at least, believe that you're doing the best you can - but how much longer do the fans have to wait before you realise that as a businessman
you were exceptional, but being a football (non-)chairman really isn't working for you is it? And it's the club you love, and its fans, who suffer.

You are NOT alone in that thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 74
friskneymariner
January 10, 2018, 7:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Could one of J.F's acquaintances familarise him with Erickson's theory of Ego Integrity v Ego Despair.

He like many of us on here is approaching stage 8 and he needs to reflect which category he falls within.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 74
Squarkus
January 10, 2018, 7:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Squarkus? Is that you?

No
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2018, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 120790

You really do take the biscuit sunshine!

'Never mind the track record. Ignore all the patients who died after dinking it. Just buy this snake oil. It'll work wonders.'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 74
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You really do take the biscuit sunshine!

'Never mind the track record. Ignore all the patients who died after dinking it. Just buy this snake oil. It'll work wonders.'

He's part of the JF inner circle that's why he doesn't get it.

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 74
Skrill
January 10, 2018, 11:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from 120790

I agree. Grimsby town from the top to the pitch have been inconsistently average, for the fans verging on dire, of course the only way is up..

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 74
arryarryarry
January 10, 2018, 11:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Quoted from 120790

I think a few of us are looking forward and are not happy with what we see.

There has to be drastic changes to the team and tactics otherwise I fear getting too close to the dreaded drop.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.