Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 238 Guests

Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

This thread currently has 9,353 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
January 9, 2018, 8:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
My highlight on a Saturday used to be going down to BP and enjoying the match day experience...nowadays I meet my mate for a coffee in Cafe Nero,  I just can’t stomach the hoofball anymore.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
wiggers
January 9, 2018, 10:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I too have stopped attending, my last game being the drab derby against Lincoln. I just can’t get excited about the football on offer or the negative vibe around the club. GTFC should be a positive for the Greater Grimsby area but hasn’t been for many years. Here’s a question to my fellow fishy posters as I think this is the only reason John Fenty is still around, would you take John Fenty and a new ground or stay at BP with a completely different hierarchy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
1mickylyons
January 9, 2018, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from wiggers
I too have stopped attending, my last game being the drab derby against Lincoln. I just can’t get excited about the football on offer or the negative vibe around the club. GTFC should be a positive for the Greater Grimsby area but hasn’t been for many years. Here’s a question to my fellow fishy posters as I think this is the only reason John Fenty is still around, would you take John Fenty and a new ground or stay at BP with a completely different hierarchy?

WOW what a question that is........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
OneLove
January 9, 2018, 11:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Gtfc123

I for one will be inside the ground ! as a true supporter I will be there in the good times and the bad.
Just because we lost a few you walk away. (Not really a true supporter then !)

Lets just look over the very bad period of GTFC when we flung ourselves out the league. That support that carried on throughout the six years of gut was more than incredible, youtube (gtfcdrummer) and watch the turn outs we had away and the atmosphere we created. Most players what came to the club praised our fans and said they had heard of the tremendous support we have and couldn't wait to play in front of us. We was generating support from all over online, the comments on youtube speak for itself. Now lets move to this season, its ALL GONE! There is no spark nor atmosphere, no buzz, no nothing and the simple reason is what the majority of these threads are about of recent. Now your comment of just because we've lost a few you walk away I find ridiculous, its not just about the winning and losing its also about the performing and two good performances out of 27 games isn't cutting it for me, nor are the lies, the blame factors etc etc etc and this season we've been hit with it all.... Enjoy the game on Saturday fella.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
Quagmire
January 9, 2018, 11:42am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Gtfc123

Still Fenty out ? Who’s going to replace him ? I dont see them queuing in the car park to put there money in.

Firstly, genuine question, do we need to 'replace' Fenty?

I'm assuming that you are meaning with regard to finance?  

The club is pretty much self sustaining at its current level and wage structure - so much so, that JF took 200k out of the club according to the last set of accounts.

The bulk of the debt that has been accrued to him has been as a direct result of his complete mismanagement of the club, taking it to its lowest ever position in the football pyramid.

When (not if, but when) Slade is sacked this will saddle the club with additional debt.  A debt that Fenty should pay out of his own pocket.  It is a Fenty appointment, made solely by him, and as such any severance that Slade would be due should come out of Fenty's pocket, not the club.

Take away the primary source of creating this debt (Fenty and his mismanagement / dreadful managerial appointments) and the club won't need to find a source to fund these additional costs.

Re people queuing in the car park wanting to put money in:

Nobody had heard of Mike Parker until it was announced he had bought £1million of shares.

Nobody had heard about this American consortium until it was mentioned at the fans forum.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
RoboCod
January 9, 2018, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from pen penfras
By staying away, which you have every right to do, you are reducing the income of the club and increasing the debt and reliance upon JF.

But then what? You want Slade gone, that's going to be costly.

A lot of the time, the "PR gaffes" come when things aren't going well or abuse is being directed at the manager/team. Do you think there might be a reason for this? Maybe he feels by directing the abuse at himself, it takes pressure away from the squad and allows them to play more freely and turn things around.

Or on the flipside we go pay our money to watch poor football and give Slade more money to waste on more 2-year contracts on substandard players.

Costly? Not my problem, let the people who drew up the contract and terms sort out the pay off.

A lot of the time? You're working overtime for excuses here. Throwing down a challenge to posters to take a metaphorical swing at him at a forum then complaining like a spoilt child at the forum that fans use him as a (metaphorical) punchbag is not remotely close to your far fetched theory.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2018, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,654
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from wiggers

I have no faith the club would be any better run in a new stadium, with Fenty still in charge. Therefore I would take Blundell Park with a new owner without a shadow of a doubt.

In fact I have come to think lately that staying at BP wouldn't be a bad idea at all, with the right people in charge.

The wonderful old ground could be given a huge facelift with the grants available and some investment. The parking problem could be solved by a park and ride scheme somewhere else in the town. A couple of new stands could facilitate conference facilities, and why couldn't we build community and training pitches away from BP? A lot cheaper, and a lot easier to locate than building hundreds of homes as the main driver of the project.

I have had to think like this because the new stadium seems as far away as ever...  We cannot let "the BP" crumble away can we, so a decision on its future will have to made soon.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2018, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,654
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from cmackenzie4
My highlight on a Saturday used to be going down to BP and enjoying the match day experience...nowadays I meet my mate for a coffee in Cafe Nero,  I just can’t stomach the hoofball anymore.

This is a worrying trend that so many loyal supporters have given up.

I must say though, I don't quite understand it. It is our club, our team and whoever the manager is some fans who previously went will stop going. Some stopped going when we were in the Championship with Buckley cos he was "arrogant."

Some have stopped going because of the non chairman, some because of the facilities or whatever. Everyone is perfectly entitled to do what they think best, of course.

I am a firm believer myself in going come what may, but where I disagree with many is that I make my feelings known at the game, for good or bad. In our current difficulties, it would send more of a message if we could bellow out our feelings with 4000 there than as lately when the 1500 left have had a fragmented chant or two against the board, or manager. A campaign within the ground for change would be far more effective in my view, but everyone sees things differently.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
Quagmire
January 9, 2018, 1:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Today’s Cod Almighty diary sums it up for me:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6574
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2018, 2:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Quagmire

Firstly, genuine question, do we need to 'replace' Fenty?

I'm assuming that you are meaning with regard to finance?  

The club is pretty much self sustaining at its current level and wage structure - so much so, that JF took 200k out of the club according to the last set of accounts.

The bulk of the debt that has been accrued to him has been as a direct result of his complete mismanagement of the club, taking it to its lowest ever position in the football pyramid.

When (not if, but when) Slade is sacked this will saddle the club with additional debt.  A debt that Fenty should pay out of his own pocket.  It is a Fenty appointment, made solely by him, and as such any severance that Slade would be due should come out of Fenty's pocket, not the club.

Take away the primary source of creating this debt (Fenty and his mismanagement / dreadful managerial appointments) and the club won't need to find a source to fund these additional costs.

Re people queuing in the car park wanting to put money in:

Nobody had heard of Mike Parker until it was announced he had bought £1million of shares.

Nobody had heard about this American consortium until it was mentioned at the fans forum.

One thing that Nigel Lowther said on the Radio yesterday that really struck me was that there was still time for a "dignified exit" for Mr Fenty. He suggested that if he held his hands up and said "i've had a go and done the best I could" allowing somebody else or the fans to have a run at the club by offering it debt free, people would really buy into it and it would be best for the club.

The way the club is being run, it will be a slow and painful death.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.