Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 332 Guests

Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

This thread currently has 9,308 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
January 9, 2018, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Quagmire
Today’s Cod Almighty diary sums it up for me:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6574

It sums up how I feel for sure, I don't even enjoy going to BP and watching a game anymore. It used to be something I'd look forward to all week and win,lose or draw I'd get invested in the game and have fun doing it.

The last couple of times I went to games before I stopped I just felt nothing watching it. Not paying that money to be bored out my skull with a sense of annoyance at everything the club is, the collective apathy of all involved and the fans. To be quite honest I feel that way about The Fishy too. Neither is what it was and the sense of fun is gone.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
OneLove
January 9, 2018, 4:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Kris2

It sums up how I feel for sure, I don't even enjoy going to BP and watching a game anymore. It used to be something I'd look forward to all week and win,lose or draw I'd get invested in the game and have fun doing it.

The last couple of times I went to games before I stopped I just felt nothing watching it. Not paying that money to be bored out my skull with a sense of annoyance at everything the club is, the collective apathy of all involved and the fans. To be quite honest I feel that way about The Fishy too. Neither is what it was and the sense of fun is gone.

Ditto mate, I was on about this to me mate the other day. Saturdays used to be a buzz, bets on, few pints, watch town, few hundred more pints after the game or even the away day buzz. Its been killed from the boardroom to the pitch, cheers you utter tossers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
golfer
January 9, 2018, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I keep seeing it mooted about a 10% increase but I haven`t seen anything from the Club if indeed this is fact it`s another backward step IMHO? They need a lot more fans to compete not even less.

FACT--from J.F. in summer break
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RoboCod

Or on the flipside we go pay our money to watch poor football and give Slade more money to waste on more 2-year contracts on substandard players.

Costly? Not my problem, let the people who drew up the contract and terms sort out the pay off.

A lot of the time? You're working overtime for excuses here. Throwing down a challenge to posters to take a metaphorical swing at him at a forum then complaining like a spoilt child at the forum that fans use him as a (metaphorical) punchbag is not remotely close to your far fetched theory.

Great post.

I think the bit I highlighted is an excellent point. Alienate people from having any sense of ownership of the club and decisions, then you take it on yourself to deal with the consequences. Or should do.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from headingly_mariner

One thing that Nigel Lowther said on the Radio yesterday that really struck me was that there was still time for a "dignified exit" for Mr Fenty. He suggested that if he held his hands up and said "i've had a go and done the best I could" allowing somebody else or the fans to have a run at the club by offering it debt free, people would really buy into it and it would be best for the club.

The way the club is being run, it will be a slow and painful death.

If he did that he could go with his head held high.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
mimma
January 10, 2018, 12:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
I would like to put the record straight about how Fenty came to be chairman and major share holder.

Ramsden was chairman at the time and had lent the club 350 grand to keep it afloat. He spit his dummy out and resigned, and demanded his money back in full. It was Fenty that paid him off in full out of his own pocket which ultimately saved the club from financial ruin.

Don't get me wrong, JF has made plenty of mistakes in his time at the helm. I believe that Pete Fernaux was the footballing brains, but, unfortunately, he had to step down leaving JF to run the whole thing on his own with nobody to turn to for advice. Like the rest of us,he is GTFC through and through, but unfortunately doesn't have the financial clout to take us to the next step. We are Grimsby, nobody is going to come here waving cheque books about. The only people that would, would have had to be born here. Just remember some of the other clubs that chased the dream of a rich sugar daddy, only to fall flat on their face. (Sven at Notts County FFS).

One thing I have learned in my sixty odd years on this planet is that things never stay the same indefinitely. Just be patient, like I was waiting, watching poor Town teams for years until McMennamy turned up by chance, and we suddenly rose up. Then it was Sir Alan playing the best football I have ever seen. Our turn will come again.

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
arryarryarry
January 10, 2018, 12:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from mimma
I would like to put the record straight about how Fenty came to be chairman and major share holder.

Ramsden was chairman at the time and had lent the club 350 grand to keep it afloat. He spit his dummy out and resigned, and demanded his money back in full. It was Fenty that paid him off in full out of his own pocket which ultimately saved the club from financial ruin.

Don't get me wrong, JF has made plenty of mistakes in his time at the helm. I believe that Pete Fernaux was the footballing brains, but, unfortunately, he had to step down leaving JF to run the whole thing on his own with nobody to turn to for advice. Like the rest of us,he is GTFC through and through, but unfortunately doesn't have the financial clout to take us to the next step. We are Grimsby, nobody is going to come here waving cheque books about. The only people that would, would have had to be born here. Just remember some of the other clubs that chased the dream of a rich sugar daddy, only to fall flat on their face. (Sven at Notts County FFS).

One thing I have learned in my sixty odd years on this planet is that things never stay the same indefinitely. Just be patient, like I was waiting, watching poor Town teams for years until McMennamy turned up by chance, and we suddenly rose up. Then it was Sir Alan playing the best football I have ever seen. Our turn will come again.

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM

But will it come with JF and RS running the club?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
1mickylyons
January 10, 2018, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from mimma

KEEP THE FAITH

UTM

I have thought that football goes in cycles but this wait is taking the pish and I wont wait any longer.TIMES UP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
pen penfras
January 10, 2018, 7:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mimma
I believe that Pete Fernaux was the footballing brains

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. Mike Parker complained that JF and PF were so aligned in their views that it meant the board vote was almost a formality to go with what they want because they would vote the same way. MP was the major share holder and starting to call the shots, so PF was asked to stand down as part of the process to appease MP and get a more diverse view across the board. MP quit almost immediately even after getting his own way, which suggests to me that he didn't want to stick it out regardless and was making excuses to get away from the expensive venture that is football.

Also worth noting that MP was the major shareholder and it's widely documented that he was behind the appointing of Neil Woods and the sacking of Woods was part of what led MP to stand down. Laying all the blame at one man's door for our downfall is a bit hash. Doesn't exonerate JF from his contribution to things going badly, but at least he's stuck it out when others have run as fast as they can when things didn't look so rosy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
headingly_mariner
January 10, 2018, 8:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. Mike Parker complained that JF and PF were so aligned in their views that it meant the board vote was almost a formality to go with what they want because they would vote the same way. MP was the major share holder and starting to call the shots, so PF was asked to stand down as part of the process to appease MP and get a more diverse view across the board. MP quit almost immediately even after getting his own way, which suggests to me that he didn't want to stick it out regardless and was making excuses to get away from the expensive venture that is football.

Also worth noting that MP was the major shareholder and it's widely documented that he was behind the appointing of Neil Woods and the sacking of Woods was part of what led MP to stand down. Laying all the blame at one man's door for our downfall is a bit hash. Doesn't exonerate JF from his contribution to things going badly, but at least he's stuck it out when others have run as fast as they can when things didn't look so rosy.

Some interesting points but you have completely ignored that MP basically donated 1.25 million to the club and has added no debt. You have also ignored how the share issue was engineered. Mariner93 has been asking the question for years as to why Mr Fenty's money never went in to match MP as shares as agreed? This would've avoided the issue. Some of the responses on this thread smell a bit like propaganda to me.

Ramadan should've never got his money back. I think if you look at the shareholding at the time their are other reasons Ramsden's bluff wasn't called and we were allowed into administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.