Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 195 Guests

Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

This thread currently has 9,352 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2018, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Gtfc123

Granted the football is boring at the moment and we all hope it will get better but if it does get turned around and we start winning what then ?
Still Fenty out ? Who’s going to replace him ? I dont see them queuing in the car park to put there money in.
The clan is the GTFC supporters clan of which a few more need to get on board.

A greater percentage of Town fans stayed with the club in non-league than many other clubs. Lincoln & Luton have both more than doubled their attendances since getting in the League and I'll tell you why. They've got ambition, aspiration and a board wanting to build on success whilst they've got momentum. Our board put the flipping handbrake on.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2018, 10:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Squarkus? Is that you?

No. It didn't end 'all Town aren't we'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
Cambs Mariner
January 8, 2018, 10:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No. It didn't end 'all Town aren't we'.

I think it is the self acclaimed Messiah himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
Badger57
January 8, 2018, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A greater percentage of Town fans stayed with the club in non-league than many other clubs. Lincoln & Luton have both more than doubled their attendances since getting in the League and I'll tell you why. They've got ambition, aspiration and a board wanting to build on success whilst they've got momentum. Our board put the flipping handbrake on.

...then slammed it into reverse and knocked down each and every little bit of goodwill and promotion momentum built up. All in less than a season and a half. Unbelievable really but that's Fenty for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
moss_side_mariner
January 8, 2018, 10:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

With the emphasis on Mess.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 12:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

You could be right. He answered the direct question with a cryptic answer which neither confirms nor denies his divinity.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
pen penfras
January 9, 2018, 7:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
I understand that a growing number of people are unhappy, mostly because the football is as bad as I can remember. But protesting isn't going to help anything. By staying away, which you have every right to do, you are reducing the income of the club and increasing the debt and reliance upon JF.

There's a very small chance that you might make him resign from the board, but that would make the situation far worse in my eyes. He can call in his loans, seizing all assets and cripple the club. I don't think that's going to happen, but if I was in that position, I think I'd consider it with all the abuse and stress that he gets. Best case, the loans will still remain on the books, but nobody to run the club or pick up the pieces in the future.

I guess there's a bit of cash left in the bank, that might cover the loss for this season. But then what? You want Slade gone, that's going to be costly. You want a promotion push, that's going to be costly. Where is it coming from?

This season isn't great. But it's been worse. Next season we have a chance to build a new squad that can compete at this level. I think efforts would be best directed at trying to support this rather than drive out somebody with no plan B in place (you don't like that, right?).

A lot of the time, the "PR gaffes" come when things aren't going well or abuse is being directed at the manager/team. Do you think there might be a reason for this? Maybe he feels by directing the abuse at himself, it takes pressure away from the squad and allows them to play more freely and turn things around. Other things, you only see one side of the story, it's much more complex in reality. Sure, he doesn't explain things particularly well, and I think that's because he only sees things from his point of view where it makes sense.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
golfer
January 9, 2018, 8:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
I go to matches like I always have but I never seem to enjoy it.I used to be excited all week when we had a Saturday game but not anymore.When I see that we are at home on a Saturday my first thoughts now are "Fck not again" but i keep going and keep saying "Fck not again"   If the 10% increase in season tickets,yes 10%,is implemented I will be saying  "Fck NEVER again" and mean it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2018, 8:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I’ve tried  bribing my lad to go on a Saturday to no avail the product is so devalued another generation probably lost. After we beat village green at Wembley the marketing offensive should have been so intense fans should of felt guilty not going. We as a club just seem to stutter along hence why hurst left doing things on a constant shoe string in the end shines through. That doesn’t only apply to the footballing side commercially are we really doing enough ? Are targets met are targets even set ? The academy never seems to produce a player deemed fit for the first team ? Surely questions need to be asked why aren’t we.  Are to many in the comfort zone throughout the club ?  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
1mickylyons
January 9, 2018, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from golfer
I go to matches like I always have but I never seem to enjoy it.I used to be excited all week when we had a Saturday game but not anymore.When I see that we are at home on a Saturday my first thoughts now are "Fck not again" but i keep going and keep saying "Fck not again"   If the 10% increase in season tickets,yes 10%,is implemented I will be saying  "Fck NEVER again" and mean it.

I keep seeing it mooted about a 10% increase but I haven`t seen anything from the Club if indeed this is fact it`s another backward step IMHO? They need a lot more fans to compete not even less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.