Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 364 Guests

Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

This thread currently has 9,355 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
January 10, 2018, 10:05am
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
Bournemouth were actually deducted 17 points at the start of the season but managed to finish 5 points above us. Rotherham also started with -17 points but finished 27 points ahead of us (!) but it was Luton that started with -30 points and duly went down.

Good Lord, we were truly shite that season. Can't believe that I was expecting anything better under Newell the next season after we'd won so few games under him the previous one.

Do we really need to keep reflecting on past failures? No we don't. All we need to do is look forward now.

Reply: 60 - 74
OneLove
January 10, 2018, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 120790

Do we really need to keep reflecting on past failures? No we don't. All we need to do is look forward now.

But looking forward all I can see is failure, doom and a club collapsing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 74
barralad
January 10, 2018, 10:18am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from OneLove

But looking forward all I can see is failure, doom and a club collapsing.

Christ on a bike it's the Fishy's answer to a cross between Fraser from Dad's Army and Senna The Soothsayer from Up Pompeii!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 74
Maringer
January 10, 2018, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Sorry Dad.

What am I allowed to post about on this public forum? Please send me a list of topics which have your approval.

(Comment aimed at Ascend)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 74
OneLove
January 10, 2018, 10:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from barralad

Christ on a bike it's the Fishy's answer to a cross between Fraser from Dad's Army and Senna The Soothsayer from Up Pompeii!

Hahaha its how I feel and how the clubs made me feel unfortunately, the doom and gloomster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 74
Marinerz93
January 10, 2018, 10:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Bournemouth were actually deducted 17 points at the start of the season but managed to finish 5 points above us. Rotherham also started with -17 points but finished 27 points ahead of us (!) but it was Luton that started with -30 points and duly went down.

Good Lord, we were truly shite that season. Can't believe that I was expecting anything better under Newell the next season after we'd won so few games under him the previous one.

Thanks for the correct info, was the Borunemouth player embargo lifted towards the end of the season, still they managed 22 points under difficult conditions, I know they lost quite a few players so what they achieved was a mircacle.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 74
ginnywings
January 10, 2018, 11:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Well personally, i feel like it's been almost 15 years of failure, because despite seeing almost every home game in our 6 year non league stint, and apart from a very few exceptions, i hated every minute of it. We should never have been there, and has been pointed out, we had a narrow escape with teams on points deductions, only to learn nothing and get relegated in due course anyway. Non league was dreadful mostly, with some of the games so tedious that i almost fell asleep. Watching us fail to break down teams like Guiseley was interminably dull.

So for me, we should never forget those bad times because if we take our eye off the ball, we will soon be back there. The board talked yesterday in their statement about 2 seasons of mid table stability. I'd like to point out that this season is far from done yet and mid table is not guaranteed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 74
Maringer
January 10, 2018, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thanks for the correct info, was the Borunemouth player embargo lifted towards the end of the season, still they managed 22 points under difficult conditions, I know they lost quite a few players so what they achieved was a mircacle.

I'd forgotten they had an embargo, truth be told. Makes the achievement that season even more impressive. Despite the defeat, I enjoyed the game there where both of us were reprieved from the risk of relegation though we were turned away from half the bars in Bournemouth that night because of reported trouble caused by Town fans the night before!

Just goes to show what can be done with a solid core of players (Fletcher their talisman, as I recall) and a good manager, Howe, who is remarkably still with the club. Oh, just checked and see he decamped to Burnley for a while, but you can see why Bournemouth fans would like him as he's been a great success during both spells with them.

Of course, they've had some serious financial backing to make their way up to the PL, so it's not all just good management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 74
1mickylyons
January 10, 2018, 1:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 137

I am privately convinced that at least three of our newer posters - SheepGTFC, pen penfras and gtfc123 - are Fenty 'stooges' trying to put a spin on
15 years of decline. Perfectly entitled to do so, of course.

John - this isn't a passing bad mood that the fans are experiencing - it's 15 years of disappointment and frustration. It's now genuine anger and disillusionment. You can try to control social media, but the truth is that the more loyal Grimsby fans are, the more they're taken for granted and viewed as "sheep with wallets".
We've had enough of that.
I, at least, believe that you're doing the best you can - but how much longer do the fans have to wait before you realise that as a businessman
you were exceptional, but being a football (non-)chairman really isn't working for you is it? And it's the club you love, and its fans, who suffer.

You are NOT alone in that thinking.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 74
friskneymariner
January 10, 2018, 7:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Could one of J.F's acquaintances familarise him with Erickson's theory of Ego Integrity v Ego Despair.

He like many of us on here is approaching stage 8 and he needs to reflect which category he falls within.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not being heard.......Don’t line his pockets!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.