Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 168 Guests

Next manager?

This thread currently has 9,041 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 7, 2018, 12:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Just watching Newport v Leeds on BBC Wales and it gives you hope given mess Newport were in this time last year and not sure where they found their new manager from, Mick Flynn, but he has done a fantastic job as we will probably find out next week.

As Lincoln have shown the right appointment can change everything very quickly even after years of poor results, attendances and previous management selections.

Lets hope we fall lucky as whovever comes in, if there is change of course, has a massive job in clearing out a lot of unwanted players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Just watching Newport v Leeds on BBC Wales and it gives you hope given mess Newport were in this time last year and not sure where they found their new manager from, Mick Flynn, but he has done a fantastic job as we will probably find out next week.

As Lincoln have shown the right appointment can change everything very quickly even after years of poor results, attendances and previous management selections.

Lets hope we fall lucky as whovever comes in, if there is change of course, has a massive job in clearing out a lot of unwanted players.

The right appointment but is where our board have got it consistently wrong. I think JF thought he was getting a Cowley when he recruited Bignot

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
lew chaterleys lover
January 7, 2018, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from bradzmilne
Ben Davies has just completed his UEFA B? (I believe it B, could be incorrect - certainly one of the higher badges).

You'd imagine between him and Dave Moore , there would enough knowledge and expertise for us to be safe.

Who knows , Davies could turn out to be quite decent. Happened enough times in the footballing world.

I think when we are as low as this as a club - the apathy, the falling attendances, the journeymen players and most important a diabolical board, I dont think it would be good to promote from within or indeed anybody we have had before as it won't be the fresh start we need.

We are not going to get rid of the board so we will have to take a punt on an ambitious manager, with plenty of (restrained) enthusiasm who will enthuse the fans and generate some goodwill. All this supposes we sack Slade of course. I welcomed his appointment (as I have done most managers to be fair, except Woods and Rodger,at the time, but he does seem to have lost his way. Shame, but that is football I suppose.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
Madeleymariner
January 7, 2018, 5:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49

I think when we are as low as this as a club - the apathy, the falling attendances, the journeymen players and most important a diabolical board, I dont think it would be good to promote from within or indeed anybody we have had before as it won't be the fresh start we need.

We are not going to get rid of the board so we will have to take a punt on an ambitious manager, with plenty of (restrained) enthusiasm who will enthuse the fans and generate some goodwill. All this supposes we sack Slade of course. I welcomed his appointment (as I have done most managers to be fair, except Woods and Rodger,at the time, but he does seem to have lost his way. Shame, but that is football I suppose.

He hadn't a clue where he was going to start with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.