Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 402 Guests

Next manager?

This thread currently has 8,983 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
January 7, 2018, 10:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
There’s a few 30 something’s in the squad, maybe one of them could do a player manager role with Dave Moore’s assistance until the end of the season and re-evaluate then. You never know, we might unearth a gem from within.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
Roast Em Bobby
January 7, 2018, 10:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Some (maybe all  ) of these might be over optimistic

Simon Grayson
Dean Saunders
Brian McDermott
Mike Phelan
Stuart Gray
Mark Warburton
Paul Ince
Peter Taylor
John Sheridan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
Davec
January 7, 2018, 10:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
What about somebody upcoming, Dean Keates from Wrexham or the Woking manager who's name escapes me atm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
Roast Em Bobby
January 7, 2018, 10:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Another consideration could be to look to Scotland, lots of managers there who are used to working on a tight budget and will know about players not so well known down here. Someone like the Livingston manager David Hopkin maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
LH
January 7, 2018, 10:30am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
This thread is turning into a good example of why the fans should never take over the running of the club.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
ginnywings
January 7, 2018, 10:32am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from LH
This thread is turning into a good example of why the fans should never take over the running of the club.

As opposed to those currently in charge who are doing a sterling job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
Ipswin
January 7, 2018, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Couldn't agree more - sadly, I don't think he wants it.

I was only thinking until the end of the season - we could take our time (instead of rushing in like a headless chicken - Fenty take  note), we could see who was available and who did well and might be ready to step up (if we are intent on going down to the Conference for a new man) If Dave Moore gets something out of this squad (which I am sure he could by whatever means) we could save our cash on the January window so the new man doesn't inherit someone else's buys and still has the budget (how ever large or small its going to be) intact to use in the summer. We could use the next 4 months to look around and wait if necessary so we don't intercourse up again (Fenty take note again) by 'tapping up' someone under contract and getting taken to court again (Fenty take note again)

I am convinced Moore could get the squad playing for him, garner enough points to those we already have to stay out of trouble and get folk back through the gate at BP

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
January 7, 2018, 10:44am
Guest User
All this talk of who the next Manager should be is a little presumptuous as we have yet to get rid of RS. I honestly expected an announcement last night/first thing this morning. I think maybe they are waiting to see if the Hysteria blows over before making a decision. I am fairly confident that, if he remains until the end of the season, attendances will drop below 1500.

Please put him and the rest of us out of our misery!!

Then, and only then, we will be able to speculate about our wish lists for a replacement.

Please JF, do the right thing before it becomes irreparable.

UTM
Reply: 37 - 53
bradzmilne
January 7, 2018, 10:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Ben Davies has just completed his UEFA B? (I believe it B, could be incorrect - certainly one of the higher badges).

You'd imagine between him and Dave Moore , there would enough knowledge and expertise for us to be safe.

Who knows , Davies could turn out to be quite decent. Happened enough times in the footballing world.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
mariner91
January 7, 2018, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Davec
What about somebody upcoming, Dean Keates from Wrexham or the Woking manager who's name escapes me atm.

They're 14th, have a goal difference nearly as bad as ours and have only won once in their last ten games.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.