Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 216 Guests

Next manager?

This thread currently has 9,040 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 7, 2018, 10:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not convinced that Slade will be relieved of his duties. To be honest, i'm not really bothered anymore. What little attachment i had left, became detached yesterday.

Then this morning i read that Coutinho is going to Barca for 142 million and you have to say, the game is well and truly fooked. The extremes of the game are getting further and further apart and the money men have killed it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
Ipswin
January 7, 2018, 10:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I'd take the Wrexham bloke (especially if he brings Shaun back with him as no 2 - no one cares more about GTFC than Shaun) but I think he has visions of managing Wrexham in Div 4 and he may well achieve it. After that he stays there for a bit and felicitations off to Div 1 (a la Hurst)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 10:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Some (maybe all  ) of these might be over optimistic

Simon Grayson
Dean Saunders
Brian McDermott
Mike Phelan
Stuart Gray
Mark Warburton
Paul Ince
Peter Taylor
John Sheridan
Rob Jones
Stuart Watkiss
Neil Redfearn
Lee Clark
Martin Allen
Micky Adams
Billy Davies
Paul Sturrock

None of the above would consider GTFC, why? Many have been out of the game for too long, some could be considered retired from management even.

Also there is no money to spend, the squad you have to work with will only take you to mid table at best and you would be the 4th manager in 2 seasons which does not bode well for job security, the security question is an even bigger issue as you could be working for a different board if some mug comes in to take the club on............Oh yeah and I doubt that we could meet there salary expectations.

The above also means we are not that attractive to anyone currently in a decent National League job.

From the list above nobody stands out but if a change is made (and we need one) whoever comes in will not only have to sort the team out they'll have to breathe life into a club that frankly has become a car crash in under 20 months.

Would the caretaker be Dave Moore? I would imagine so but don't discount one Danny Collins from the picture as he was making all the right noises about his future career in an RH interview at the start of the season.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
KingstonMariner
January 7, 2018, 11:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin
I'd take the Wrexham bloke (especially if he brings Shaun back with him as no 2 - no one cares more about GTFC than Shaun) but I think he has visions of managing Wrexham in Div 4 and he may well achieve it. After that he stays there for a bit and felicitations off to Div 1 (a la Hurst)

I doubt he'd want to come here. For the reasons you mentioned above. And he would be put off by the state of the club board (and the vile fans   ).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
Roast Em Bobby
January 7, 2018, 11:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from HertsGTFC

None of the above would consider GTFC, why? Many have been out of the game for too long, some could be considered retired from management even.

Also there is no money to spend, the squad you have to work with will only take you to mid table at best and you would be the 4th manager in 2 seasons which does not bode well for job security, the security question is an even bigger issue as you could be working for a different board if some mug comes in to take the club on............Oh yeah and I doubt that we could meet there salary expectations.

The above also means we are not that attractive to anyone currently in a decent National League job.

From the list above nobody stands out but if a change is made (and we need one) whoever comes in will not only have to sort the team out they'll have to breathe life into a club that frankly has become a car crash in under 20 months.

Would the caretaker be Dave Moore? I would imagine so but don't discount one Danny Collins from the picture as he was making all the right noises about his future career in an RH interview at the start of the season.  

Your probably right, but you never know. Ince taking the Mac job a few years ago was a surprise, as was jimmy floyd hasselbaink taking the burton job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
forza ivano
January 7, 2018, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Doesn't Collins still live in the north east? If so doubt he'd be able to offer the committment, whereas Ben Davies lives here doesn't he? Might be worth giving him a go until the end of the season.
That list is bloody awful btw. I'm sure you'd find better quality by looking at an assistant manager who wants to step up or maybe even considering someone from conference north, which is a bloody tough league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
Mariner93er
January 7, 2018, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Might be worth doing what luton did, and getting a coach from a higher level waiting for their first opportunity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
forza ivano
January 7, 2018, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Martin gray at York or alun Armstrong at Blythe? Martin gray did pretty well at darlo didn't he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano
Doesn't Collins still live in the north east? If so doubt he'd be able to offer the committment, whereas Ben Davies lives here doesn't he? Might be worth giving him a go until the end of the season.
That list is bloody awful btw. I'm sure you'd find better quality by looking at an assistant manager who wants to step up or maybe even considering someone from conference north, which is a bloody tough league

Agree with this, apart from to be honest I wouldn't want Collins or Davis.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
LH
January 7, 2018, 12:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,511
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from ginnywings

As opposed to those currently in charge who are doing a sterling job.

Fully agree. Some of these suggestions are depressing or utterly ridiculous though. The problem being I can’t see the list that the board might come up with whenever the time comes being any better for various reasons.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next manager?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.