ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 10:02am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod

Exactly as how I see it. I'm pretty unnerved by the situation as a whole down at BP. We'll never really know if MB's plan was flawed or if it would come to fruition next season, so neither will we know if those players who allegedly went to Fenty with their concerns were right. If true, is it really right to praise these players ? To praise Fenty for keeping them happy? We're in unchartered waters here, how come we suddenly have such a vocal dressing room?

Why didn't we have players to step into Fenty's office and display alarm at him considering employing Woodsy after his awful caretaker experiment?

My faith in Fenty is low, here we have him (possibly) taking on Slade when we don't need him, after the bad blood created after he blanked Slade when we DID need him.
Just feeling flat and dissapointed that as we enter the final run-in of out first season back in the league the main threads are about securing Dave Moore as a safe pair of hands or how boring Slade-ball will be, forever tied to this cycle of mediocrity/dashed hopes by some bleedin' benign loans.

Yep, it seems like to be a GTFC fan, you need very broad shoulders. Last season ended in promotion and this has turned into a circus, with us about to employ our third manager of the season. We can't even get success right.

As for the rebel players, i bet we can all guess who they were and to be honest, most of them wouldn't be missed. Pearson would be a loss and so too Collins and Andrew, but none of them are irreplaceable and there is no guarantee they will now stay anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
sam gy
April 11, 2017, 10:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Mariner93er
What concerns me also, is that we may have sacrificed our long term development through the short sightedness of short term results. Bignot made it clear that he wanted to develop the whole club, and you can say he was full of hot air, but his history suggests not with this. His history also suggests he started slow in other jobs as he made big changes, but once he had finished them, he took the club's to unprecedented levels. We can all say we could have made the play offs, but what if we had got promoted? Would we really be developed enough and have the infrastructure to be in anyway competitive in the long term there? I feel bignot was intelligent enough to see that these factors needed dealing with, before any promotion could be achieved.

In terms of on the pitch, it often seemed confusing. But I always got the feeling he was testing players adaptability, and their ability to play out of their comfort zone. Basically experiments to see who could handle the flexibility to play more attacking football. Whether it would have worked or not we'll never know. But I would have liked to have found out.

Obviously don't know the full story, but from the outside, I agree.

Either way it's a complete member up from the board, surely? Either back the man, or don't employ him in the first place.

He chopped and changed a lot, especially once playoffs seemed in doubt, but he was pretty open about his reasons why (with an eye on next season), and he obviously thought he had time and this was a long term project, having passed the first hurdle of establishing us as a League 2 club after 6 years out.

God knows....will be interesting to see how this pans out and if we get an honest explanation from the board.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Having read the MB interview in the Telegraph, i'm even more annoyed. He was looking long term and thought he had time, so feels he has been duped and that's what i think as a fan. Told it wasn't about results and his remit was to be in the league next year, which he achieved comfortably. I think he has been hard done to and i very much think all this has come about because of short termism. I really do think we have made a mistake by not seeing this through and at least giving him a pre season and a good chunk of next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
sam gy
April 11, 2017, 10:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Quick word re-Disley. I LOVE the guy, but i think we really need to think about moving on there. He's been an absolute stalwart, a club legend forever, but he was never going to be a first team regular this season. He wasn't under Hurst, and he wasn't under Bignot.

Using his name as a reason for wanting Bignot out is a bit embarrassing for me...we need to move on if we're gonna move forward.

If it was in his interests i'd love to have him as a player coach for next season, but we've got to stop with the kicking off every time he's not picked!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
RoboCod
April 11, 2017, 10:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Agree. The GET interview doesn't prove anyone right, or wrong,  but it puts MB, or at least his intentions in a good light.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
sam gy
April 11, 2017, 10:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Having read the MB interview in the Telegraph, i'm even more annoyed. He was looking long term and thought he had time, so feels he has been duped and that's what i think as a fan. Told it wasn't about results and his remit was to be in the league next year, which he achieved comfortably. I think he has been hard done to and i very much think all this has come about because of short termism. I really do think we have made a mistake by not seeing this through and at least giving him a pre season and a good chunk of next.

Either way you look at it, one manager has left us, and one manager has been sacked after 5 months this season - both whilst in a pretty comfortable league position, after bringing a load of new players in.

I've never been one to voice much of an anti-board stance, but something doesn't seem right there. I just hope we get the next appointment right and we can kick on from there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
Perkins
April 11, 2017, 10:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I've read the GET  interview. My Opinion?  He's gone , but still waffling.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
Cloudy
April 11, 2017, 10:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep, it seems like to be a GTFC fan, you need very broad shoulders. Last season ended in promotion and this has turned into a circus, with us about to employ our third manager of the season. We can't even get success right.

As for the rebel players, i bet we can all guess who they were and to be honest, most of them wouldn't be missed. Pearson would be a loss and so too Collins and Andrew, but none of them are irreplaceable and there is no guarantee they will now stay anyway.

I understand the 'rebel' players were representing the entire squad and included at least one of MB's signings!
I dont think it was about being unhappy about being out of the side, it was more that training was a shambles and amateur and for that reason the players felt they had a duty to the club to tell the board.

The board could have told them to do one and say the manager is in charge, or they could have sounded out people they trust like Mooro and to a degree Warrington and Woods before making a call based on long term stability.

I liked the idea of a younger up and coming manager, accepting that it was a learning curve and some mistakes would be made. Much better than a run of the mill serial failure. Russ Slade wouldnt be my first choice, not my a long chalk, but i will give him my support until I see reasons to be concerned should he be appointed.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
Hagrid
April 11, 2017, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Cloudy

I understand the 'rebel' players were representing the entire squad and included at least one of MB's signings!
I dont think it was about being unhappy about being out of the side, it was more that training was a shambles and amateur and for that reason the players felt they had a duty to the club to tell the board.

The board could have told them to do one and say the manager is in charge, or they could have sounded out people they trust like Mooro and to a degree Warrington and Woods before making a call based on long term stability.

I liked the idea of a younger up and coming manager, accepting that it was a learning curve and some mistakes would be made. Much better than a run of the mill serial failure. Russ Slade wouldnt be my first choice, not my a long chalk, but i will give him my support until I see reasons to be concerned should he be appointed.

im pleased. it shows the players care which is not a bad thing, i never took to MB and his stupid waffling and i am pleased he's gone, i felt we were on a crash course with disaster
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
April 11, 2017, 10:23am
Guest User
Quoted from Perkins
I've read the GET  interview. My Opinion?  He's gone , but still waffling.

I agree.

Mr Bignot is a talker and will apply a gloss to the situation that reflects favourably on himself. Because he has to in order that his next employers can look for the positives.

Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit from me Mr fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.