Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Credit from me Mr fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 295 Guests

Credit from me Mr fenty

This thread currently has 7,663 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 9:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well I was dismayed and annoyed having paid for a Season ticket and seeing our Manager whilst still being in with a chance of the Play Offs sending out a team in a local Derby full of square pegs for round holes.He was a clueless idiot.Your view on the players is difficult to argue with though they have to much power but ultimately they may have saved us from oblivion.

I am also a season ticket holder and i totally disagree with you. Doesn't much matter now as the MB detractors are happy.

All i know is that we get it wrong way more often than we get it right and i have no faith that bringing in a new manager will make much difference if past choices are anything to go by.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Mariner93er
April 11, 2017, 9:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I'm sorry but how is sending people out on loan, and not playing people treating them badly, if he didn't see them in his long term plans. It happens at every football club for Christ sake. If that truly is the basis for the 'Players revolt', then they can genuinely urine off. I highly doubt they will get a look in under a new manager either, so then what will they do.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
Bigdog
April 11, 2017, 9:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
All it shows me is that the board got it wrong again but some are hailing it as brave because it aligns with their view that MB was a clueless idiot. I don't think he was and the rebel players should have been told where to go.

So, the outstanding candidate 5 months ago is now sacked and some are seeing that as a positive? I'm dismayed and annoyed this morning.

I understand some supporters fears after a few alarming defeats playing experimental sides but I totally agree with you Ginny.

If it was a purely footballing decision why MB got the sack, then I would say it was far too early for anyone to make that judgement.Fifteen games into next season would be about right.No full pre-season, no summer transfer window to get his squad together. And.. he lost Bogle. I think MB was over ambitious for this season and if he knew he had five months to prove himself he would have done things differently. After five months we can all say that we will never know whether MB would have been a success or not. We can all have an informed guess but we'll never be able to say for sure.

Up until yesterday I was still on the fence and intrigued as to how the summer transfer window and beginning of next season would go..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
RoboCod
April 11, 2017, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ginnywings
All it shows me is that the board got it wrong again but some are hailing it as brave because it aligns with their view that MB was a clueless idiot. I don't think he was and the rebel players should have been told where to go.

So, the outstanding candidate 5 months ago is now sacked and some are seeing that as a positive? I'm dismayed and annoyed this morning.

Exactly as how I see it. I'm pretty unnerved by the situation as a whole down at BP. We'll never really know if MB's plan was flawed or if it would come to fruition next season, so neither will we know if those players who allegedly went to Fenty with their concerns were right. If true, is it really right to praise these players ? To praise Fenty for keeping them happy? We're in unchartered waters here, how come we suddenly have such a vocal dressing room?

Why didn't we have players to step into Fenty's office and display alarm at him considering employing Woodsy after his awful caretaker experiment?

My faith in Fenty is low, here we have him (possibly) taking on Slade when we don't need him, after the bad blood created after he blanked Slade when we DID need him.
Just feeling flat and dissapointed that as we enter the final run-in of out first season back in the league the main threads are about securing Dave Moore as a safe pair of hands or how boring Slade-ball will be, forever tied to this cycle of mediocrity/dashed hopes by some bleedin' benign loans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
TownSNAFU5
April 11, 2017, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,774
Gold Stars: 41
I hope that the new manager gives a chance to the good young players coming through.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
headingly_mariner
April 11, 2017, 9:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings

I dont think he was ever the outstanding candidate, more best of a bad bunch of realistic targets. He clearly tried to change too much too soon and he didn't need to. He should never have been allowed to make such drastic changes and I can't believe the board gave him such a free reign in January.

It's not a success for the board, it's the abrupt end of another sorry mess. There has been murmurings of dressing room issues and we have all seen the bizarre experimental line ups and formations.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
TAGG
April 11, 2017, 9:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Has MB said anything yet????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Mariner93er
April 11, 2017, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
What concerns me also, is that we may have sacrificed our long term development through the short sightedness of short term results. Bignot made it clear that he wanted to develop the whole club, and you can say he was full of hot air, but his history suggests not with this. His history also suggests he started slow in other jobs as he made big changes, but once he had finished them, he took the club's to unprecedented levels. We can all say we could have made the play offs, but what if we had got promoted? Would we really be developed enough and have the infrastructure to be in anyway competitive in the long term there? I feel bignot was intelligent enough to see that these factors needed dealing with, before any promotion could be achieved.

In terms of on the pitch, it often seemed confusing. But I always got the feeling he was testing players adaptability, and their ability to play out of their comfort zone. Basically experiments to see who could handle the flexibility to play more attacking football. Whether it would have worked or not we'll never know. But I would have liked to have found out.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
sam gy
April 11, 2017, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
GrimRob
April 11, 2017, 10:01am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I hope that the new manager gives a chance to the good young players coming through.  

I'd say that's unlikely given that they have a few months at most to make an impression they are not going to be interested in anything but short term because if they don't get the short term right there isn't going to a medium or long term. Once they've been in the job for a couple of years then they may be more responsive to long-term needs.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Credit from me Mr fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.