Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Credit from me Mr fenty
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 356 Guests

Credit from me Mr fenty

This thread currently has 7,662 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Garth
April 13, 2017, 12:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from forza ivano

this corresponds with stuff i've been hearing. jf may well have had doubts based upon what he's seen on and off the pitch.then a delegation of senior players, many of whom have served gtfc very loyally come to speak to him, which is highly unusual.if woods, moore and warrington backed up their concerns then it becomes difficult to ignore all that evidence (particularly as he knows slade is looking for a new job)

He would not have needed much persuasion after sitting in the Upper Findus watching that crap week after week,
John Tondeur can throw his wellies away now, paddling in bull sh1t during every interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
rancido
April 13, 2017, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 92
Quite simply the selections,performances and results were mediocre at best. He spent the clubs money in a less than prudent way and the ambition was to remain a 4th level club. In a black and white world this was not good enough to compete in the highly charged world of expectation that is football. He might have been a big fish in a little puddle elsewhere but he simply was not good enough in reality to manage GTFC in the expected manner and I do applaud the boards decision.At least a new manager has the time to assess the squad before the summer turn around and hopefully aim a lot higher than mid table complacency.To wait any longer would have meant another wasted season next time round and I guarantee that attendances and income would drop like a stone accordingly.

Do you mean MB's ambition or the clubs? If you mean MB then he clearly stated he was building a squad for a determined push for promotion next season or the one after. If you mean the club then why replace MB with RS who has never had a team promoted in his career. Fans may say he took us to a play-off final but for long periods that season we were in an automatic promotion place and it could be argued that he " bottled it " in the end

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
headingly_mariner
April 13, 2017, 7:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
If you'd told me last week we could be rid of Bignot, then have Slade and wilko in post this week I'd have snapped your hand off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
April 13, 2017, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from headingly_mariner
If you'd told me last week we could be rid of Bignot, then have Slade and wilko in post this week I'd have snapped your hand off.

Summed it up in one sentence!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
HertsGTFC
April 13, 2017, 8:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,649
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from headingly_mariner

This

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
sydney
April 13, 2017, 8:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
I'm pleased MB is gone as it got harder and harder to continue to believe in him
We where going backwards and we should Be thankfull the board had the balls to admit it and act
U can see why they want to spare us All the gory details
Slade and Wilko may not be exciting but it's secure and hopefully Slade will know he owes it to us to get promoted into lg1 asap
And we can all name the 8 or so players who will possibly be on there way
Onwards and Upwards Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Credit from me Mr fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.