5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
April 11, 2017, 8:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Now I understand some will criticise you for sacking Marcus after six months in charge and will clearly be on the negative charge for you doing this but I give you credit and balls for making such a decision.

Some will say the timing is ridiculous , I disagree you needed to do it now to give the new man time to assess the squad so he can ship out half the unneeded midfielders we have now.

Our captain Craig disley was treat appalling under marcus , arguably our most committed player who still had a big part to play was just cast aside for what reason ? Gavin gunning or Chris Clements ? Do me a favour this guy plays ahead of them two all day long.

The hammerings we would also take every other week was a massive concern , we were either just going to give up on the pitch or before we even turned up , now that was a big concern.

The formations and line ups , what the hell was all that about this chap would make it up as he went along and some of the line ups and tactics under him especially at home were just a joke.

The sending out of Rhys Browne and Ashley chambers before they hardly kicked a ball under him was a farce , these guys never even had a chance and Rhys Browne went on to be a good player for Macclesfield and certainly something we could have done with.

The way Marcus treat the players as I said last week was I imagine a big reason behind John's decision as I know this was very poor man management and many senior players were just at a loss as to what was going on and it got to a very bad stage at one point.

The way we were going was a big concern for me and others I sit with at the ground and you get nothing but credit from me John fenty for making this hard decision now and no one can certainly say you you left it to late this time..

We were 8th when he was appointed and he left when we were 14th , make of that what you will.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
April 11, 2017, 8:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
and me mr fenty is not a man to admit mistakes but yesterday sacking is surely a sign on this occasion he got it wrong and he has acted quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2017, 8:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
He won't get any credit from me unless he comes clean and tells the fans why. For far too long, curious decisions have gone unexplained and that includes since the Trust have had a seat at the boardroom table. Whether you approve of yesterday's decision or not, it's about time the paying fans were treated with a bit more respect.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
moosey_club
April 11, 2017, 8:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from crusty ole pie
and me mr fenty is not a man to admit mistakes but yesterday sacking is surely a sign on this occasion he got it wrong and he has acted quickly

potentially twice in a week as he already admitted this week that talking up the Checkatrade was "foolhardy" so maybe...as its Easter...its a time for miracles !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
dapperz fun pub
April 11, 2017, 8:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He won't get any credit from me unless he comes clean and tells the fans why. For far too long, curious decisions have gone unexplained and that includes since the Trust have had a seat at the boardroom table. Whether you approve of yesterday's decision or not, it's about time the paying fans were treated with a bit more respect.

Honest open statement from the club required but I won't hold my breath ... and as for the trust slowly becoming part of the circus
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 9:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
The timing is correct were safe the guy wasn`t working out and this allows someone to come in and see the players weve got play in competitive games before the Season ends. Regardless of who we appoint League 2 has looked a pretty poor league all Season and I expect Town to make the Play Offs next Season. I base that on we have a half decent squad that needs 3-4 additions,we have money (Bogle fee) a decent fanbase at League 2 level and the wheels in motion finally for a new ground.GTFC are on the up and JF called this right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
gtfc98
April 11, 2017, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Don't say this often Jonny but have to agree. I don't take any joy in seeing someone lose their job but it just wasn't working out here. Some of the decisions he made were bonkers. Playing Gunning in midfield when you've got Disley, Comley, McAllister (and even Maxwell) sat on the bench or in the stands. Hailing players coming back from injury as being "like a new signing" and then never giving them any game time. His treatment of Disley and Macca, his squad of 30 midfield players with no widemen. Playing a loan striker from Everton who's never going to be here next season while leaving permanent signings out of the side. Sorry Marcus but you had to go, I wish you all the best for the future though and hope you will be a success elsewhere.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 9:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,115
Gold Stars: 548
All it shows me is that the board got it wrong again but some are hailing it as brave because it aligns with their view that MB was a clueless idiot. I don't think he was and the rebel players should have been told where to go.

So, the outstanding candidate 5 months ago is now sacked and some are seeing that as a positive? I'm dismayed and annoyed this morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
dapperz fun pub
April 11, 2017, 9:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings
All it shows me is that the board got it wrong again but some are hailing it as brave because it aligns with their view that MB was a clueless idiot. I don't think he was and the rebel players should have been told where to go.

So, the outstanding candidate 5 months ago is now sacked and some are seeing that as a positive? I'm dismayed and annoyed this morning.

Whs
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
1mickylyons
April 11, 2017, 9:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings

Well I was dismayed and annoyed having paid for a Season ticket and seeing our Manager whilst still being in with a chance of the Play Offs sending out a team in a local Derby full of square pegs for round holes.He was a clueless idiot.Your view on the players is difficult to argue with though they have to much power but ultimately they may have saved us from oblivion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Credit from me Mr fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.