LongEatonMariner
November 2, 2016, 9:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Garth

Looking at that its clear that where it matters most ie management, he has had outside of his club little or no experience (women`s football statistics is irrelevant IMO)

Bignot---inexperience, young and ambitious----- bit of a risk---7/10

Jones--- big name, experienced got a point to prove ----Safer hands---8/10

Just to add that my opinion of these two for manager fluctuates daily, wish it was over and done with

My view is that the women's football is not irrelevant. Most people agree we need someone who has great people / communication skills. The fact he's done it in the men's and women's games suggests he has a very broad range of people skills, and can proclvide results with very different individuals.

I'm not saying he's my number one though, I'm like most in that my view seems to change daily. For now I love Dave Moore's black and white army!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 159
excusebeef
November 2, 2016, 3:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Ok so another poster told me to read this thread having asked a question about his credentials as a manager, and for the first time in my Fishy history I have actually thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Everyone has given honest and open opinions without the usual slagging each other off which is why sometimes I don't read every thread fully. I definitely agree with the majority about an up and coming, hungry management appointment. We've gone for league experience before and it didn't do us any favours. I would take the gamble on this one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 159
Mariner55
November 2, 2016, 5:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
Thank you - I began this thread hoping it would be a positive one, not least because reading the Marcus Bignot interview he comes across as such a positive guy.  I did make a reference to us not falling for someone who talks a good game, but then thinking about it, we shouldn't underestimate that - a really positive and upbeat message could do have a great impact on the fans and maybe even help change the atmosphere at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 159
Nelly GTFC
November 2, 2016, 8:29pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,733
Gold Stars: 31
This popped up as an alert from Solihull Moors facebook page in the last hour >> http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=12438
Quoted from Solihull Moors - Official Website | Posted: 02/11/2016, 7:30pm
CLUB STATEMENT: MARCUS BIGNOT
*Solihull Moors issue update on manager Marcus Bignot*

Solihull Moors has granted permission to Grimsby Town to speak to Marcus Bignot about their vacant managerial position.

The Board wishes to place on record that whilst it would not wish to stand in the way of an individual's ambition, it is eager to retain the services of Bignot to continue the progression he has made at the club in his five-year tenure.

It is hoped that the talks will reach a swift resolution to ensure minimum disruption for all parties and the club will endeavour to update supporters in due course.

There will be no further comment until this matter is resolved.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 159
moosey_club
November 2, 2016, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Ok..Ok..  lets say it is MB....i just wonder how Omar may feel about this....just because they were together at Solihull doesnt mean they got on like a house on fire does it ?
I hope they did, i hope MB could help Omar relax and bring more goals out of him...but there is a chance....it may be the other way around.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 159
HertsGTFC
November 2, 2016, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Garth

Looking at that its clear that where it matters most ie management, he has had outside of his club little or no experience (women`s football statistics is irrelevant IMO)

Bignot---inexperience, young and ambitious----- bit of a risk---7/10

Jones--- big name, experienced got a point to prove ----Safer hands---8/10

Just to add that my opinion of these two for manager fluctuates daily, wish it was over and done with

How about a combination of both?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 159
Garth
November 3, 2016, 10:45am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How about a combination of both?

Like an arranged marriage so to speak, yeh! I can see that working

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 159
RichMariner
November 3, 2016, 10:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Nice press release by Solihull. It's honest and upfront. Why couldn't we have said something like that when Hurst was rumoured to be talking to Shrewsbury?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 157 - 159
Henryscat
November 3, 2016, 12:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from moosey_club
Ok..Ok..  lets say it is MB....i just wonder how Omar may feel about this....just because they were together at Solihull doesnt mean they got on like a house on fire does it ?
I hope they did, i hope MB could help Omar relax and bring more goals out of him...but there is a chance....it may be the other way around.

Omar has "liked" the tweet from Solihull

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 159
moosey_club
November 3, 2016, 12:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Henryscat

Omar has "liked" the tweet from Solihull

Fair enough then.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Marcus Bignot

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.