Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 164 Guests

Mighty Mariner quits"

This thread currently has 66,172 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
August 8, 2016, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
So have the club suggested that we auction slots as MM, like I have just done? Hope so, it's a good idea!

A DBS check for working with children will be required they take several weeks to come through.
The amount of hours he puts into positively publicising the club and his unique style as Mighty Mariner has kept dozen's of kids coming back to BP. Knowing Andy he wont have taken the decision lightly to quit. The statement released by the club is IMO unprofessional but with recent statements from the club I am not surprised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 419
Davec
August 8, 2016, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Who would pay for the DBS check for each individual person then who does game by game basis?

Say somebody different does it each home league game, that'll be 22 more DBS checks needed. They take an age coming through and they are damn expensive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 419
The Yard Dog
August 8, 2016, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
[/b]
Quoted from Gibbo
He was on £28[b] a game hardly breaking the bank was he  

Stewards have to work 4 hours to earn £28

I don't know what Mighty job description was, but most games he has a kick around with the mascots before the game, leads the players out on the pitch and then what? he disappears, I thought apart  of the mascots job was to encourage the atmosphere at Blundell Park during the game.  The only time Mighty did this, was when Town were live on TV.

So say about an hour work most games, £28 not bad plus saving £18 on a ticket

Mighty was in a privilege position access to all areas, parking inside the ground, leading the team out before kick-off, bringing wife and child to games on the pitch before games, most fans can only dream about.

Always two sides to a story.

Thanks Mighty for your service over 16 years, time to move on and enjoy the season

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 419
Fcukthescunts
August 8, 2016, 1:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Probably GrimRob didn't think before he posted it, is he the phantom statement writer for GTFC?!

PS this is not a slur on your character Rob (Got to be careful come back on the fishy after 6 months off and all hell letting lose....Standard Fishy!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 419
grimps
August 8, 2016, 1:40pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Didn't Hartlepools mascot become the local Mayor ?
Maybe Mighty has plans for higher office ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 419
Grim74
August 8, 2016, 1:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
maybe have a Mighty Marinette too

👏👏👏 Hey why don't we have a transgender marriner, or an old disabled marriner, or what about a midget marriner.. Whoops can I even say that??
Have I missed anyone out???

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 419
GrimRob
August 8, 2016, 2:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Probably GrimRob didn't think before he posted it, is he the phantom statement writer for GTFC?!

PS this is not a slur on your character Rob (Got to be careful come back on the fishy after 6 months off and all hell letting lose....Standard Fishy!)

Random idea floated for the masses to pick over  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 419
Southwark Mariner
August 8, 2016, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Grim74

👏👏👏 Hey why don't we have a transgender marriner, or an old disabled marriner, or what about a midget marriner.. Whoops can I even say that??
Have I missed anyone out???

perhaps you could fill the role of Misogynist Mariner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 419
Grim74
August 8, 2016, 2:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog
[b][/b]

Stewards have to work 4 hours to earn £28

I don't know what Mighty job description was, but most games he has a kick around with the mascots before the game, leads the players out on the pitch and then what? he disappears, I thought apart  of the mascots job was to encourage the atmosphere at Blundell Park during the game.  The only time Mighty did this, was when Town were live on TV.

So say about an hour work most games, £28 not bad plus saving £18 on a ticket

Mighty was in a privilege position access to all areas, parking inside the ground, leading the team out before kick-off, bringing wife and child to games on the pitch before games, most fans can only dream about.

Always two sides to a story.

Thanks Mighty for your service over 16 years, time to move on and enjoy the season

This is actually a good post made me realise what a priveledge he had, maybe something could be sorted out as its a shame really an apology can go along way because  I just wonder if he's having regrets now.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 419
Grim74
August 8, 2016, 2:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

perhaps you could fill the role of Misogynist Mariner

Hey I love women especially them ones that can cook good.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 419
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.