Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 227 Guests

Mighty Mariner quits"

This thread currently has 66,161 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Tommy
August 12, 2016, 10:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from gtfc98
What a flipping drama queen. Get over yourself man you're a mascot.

Exactly, this has got far too much attention than it needs to have done IMO.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 419
MuddyWaters
August 12, 2016, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Civvy at last
John seems to be quick enough to appear on here when he feels he is in the right.
But the silence is deafening on this one. ! !

You're absolutely spot on - GYFR's appearances are strangely predictable!
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 419
Tinymariner
August 12, 2016, 11:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Does it matter what happened? Not to me. Will it affect my attendance at games? Nope. Drop it and move on. Would anyone have noticed if the person inside the costume had changed if Andy hadn't announced it? I doubt it. It doesn't even matter, lets support GTFC, just as Andy will be doing tommorow. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 419
Marinerz93
August 13, 2016, 12:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Never leave a man behind, as Mariners we have been through the mill. One of the bright lights in our most dullest periods of watching Town was Mighty Mariner, raising a smile with his antics and often distracting us from some of the worst football ever played at BP. His interaction with the fans of this club is second to none and he is great with the young Mariners.

For some he was just a bloke messing about and will be replaced just like the next Dr Who or James Bond. Andy may have let this go now and moved on but this is just yet another example of something happening at the club that isn't acting in the best interests of the club. Another episode of how to rob the fans of good feelings and another attempt at breaking goodwill.

I wish Andy did say what happened because it would put those in the spot light that have seen our beloved mascot leave the club angry and dejected. If Fenty loves the club as much as he claims, he had the power to put it right and didn't. To me you don't treat people the way Andy has been treated, but I am not a business person who doesn't see the true value of what an individual brings.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 419
samg
August 13, 2016, 12:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Unfortunately one of my friends I grew up with was tragically killed on his motorbike on Sunday on the A46 at Swallow - also unfortunately the other person that was killed was a town fan - times like these ( as much as mighty mariner was brilliant to the club) - this thread becomes hard to read - life's too short RIP great friend and fellow mariner!!❤
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 419
Marinerz93
August 13, 2016, 12:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from samg
Unfortunately one of my friends I grew up with was tragically killed on his motorbike on Sunday on the A46 at Swallow - also unfortunately the other person that was killed was a town fan - times like these ( as much as mighty mariner was brilliant to the club) - this thread becomes hard to read - life's too short RIP great friend and fellow mariner!!❤

That's terrible news, sorry to hear about your mate, we've lost too many young Mariners before their time. R.I.P. fallen Mariners.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 419
KingstonMariner
August 13, 2016, 12:33am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from samg

Sorry to hear that samg. Dangerous road that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 419
The Yard Dog
August 13, 2016, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Marinerz93
Never leave a man behind, as Mariners we have been through the mill. One of the bright lights in our most dullest periods of watching Town was Mighty Mariner, raising a smile with his antics and often distracting us from some of the worst football ever played at BP. His interaction with the fans of this club is second to none and he is great with the young Mariners.

For some he was just a bloke messing about and will be replaced just like the next Dr Who or James Bond. Andy may have let this go now and moved on but this is just yet another example of something happening at the club that isn't acting in the best interests of the club. Another episode of how to rob the fans of good feelings and another attempt at breaking goodwill.

I wish Andy did say what happened because it would put those in the spot light that have seen our beloved mascot leave the club angry and dejected. If Fenty loves the club as much as he claims, he had the power to put it right and didn't. To me you don't treat people the way Andy has been treated, but I am not a business person who doesn't see the true value of what an individual brings.

I have heard the other side of the story, also two sides to a story, Andy has decided to step after 16 years so lets move on.

No one bigger then than our beloved GTFC, players, staff even mascots move on.

Lets enjoy being back in the league and look at the positives rather than a few negatives, could be worse look at the likes of Charlton, Leeds & Blackpool to mention a few that a being ruined by their owners.

Yes Mr Fenty and Co have make mistakes, but they have one thing in common with us they are Grimsby fans like you and me and want Grimsby to succeed.

Look Forward and not behind and enjoy the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 419
Davec
August 13, 2016, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Somebody needs to tell us the truth of what has happened and then all this speculating will stop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 419
Garth
August 13, 2016, 8:48am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Davec
Somebody needs to tell us the truth of what has happened and then all this speculating will stop

Really! There's a match on today, let's move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 419
42 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.