Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 129 Guests

Mighty Mariner quits"

This thread currently has 66,155 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 14, 2016, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from gtfc98
Embarassing from the club this. Hang your heads in shame. Not as embarassing as Andy Carr whining like a little girl to all of his Facebook "fans" though.

More embarrassing when you don't know what happened and rather ask Fenty the truth, you attack the person who is partially blameless. Allegedly it happened within the ear shot of few people, so a few people know the truth, Allegedly two directors play a part in this and from what I hear they allegedly need to take a good look at themselves over this latest sorry incident Allegedly.

This be 'Mighty Mariner' for a day is someone trying to save face and it would have worked if not for the extortionate amount they are asking for.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 419
MuddyWaters
August 14, 2016, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Marinerz93

More embarrassing when you don't know what happened and rather ask Fenty the truth, you attack the person who is partially blameless. Allegedly it happened within the ear shot of few people, so a few people know the truth, Allegedly two directors play a part in this and from what I hear they allegedly need to take a good look at themselves over this latest sorry incident Allegedly.

This be 'Mighty Mariner' for a day is someone trying to save face and it would have worked if not for the extortionate amount they are asking for.

I doesn't/won't work at all. A CRB/DBS check is the minimum requirement for someone to interact with young children and that can take 4 weeks. I'm not going to start making accusations about what happened with Andy - suffice to say I thought he did a great job and that they will be big boots/shoes/kit/head to fill.
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 419
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 14, 2016, 9:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
I am note sure mm has to be crb checked as he has no more interaction than anyone else on the pitch on a match day.  The mascots are looked after by another staff member whilst they are at the club. The only time mm comes in any contact with them is when he is on the pitch. By that rule   there would be about 20 people every game would need crb checking

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 419
Freemoash88
August 14, 2016, 9:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
What they're doing is holding out because they'll know after a couple of months maybe people will stop paying it. Then we'll all get drunk off then someone will come forward and offer to do it for free.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 419
GtfcGarner
August 14, 2016, 9:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,793
Gold Stars: 26
Disgusting behaviour from the club. What the intercourse is £20 a match day for 23 games, less than £600 a year is disgraceful if you get to read this John hope you and whoever suggested the idea hang your heads in shame about ripping life from the club to fill the coffers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 419
Freemoash88
August 14, 2016, 9:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Agreed but like I said I think they'll wait until someone comes forward and offers to do it for free. I can see it now a campaign to bring back mighty mariner...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 419
thefish
August 14, 2016, 9:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I doesn't/won't work at all. A CRB/DBS check is the minimum requirement for someone to interact with young children and that can take 4 weeks. I'm not going to start making accusations about what happened with Andy - suffice to say I thought he did a great job and that they will be big boots/shoes/kit/head to fill.

As long as they're not left alone with children, they're ok. So no problems there, however, '300 sheets' to dress-up as a mascot and have a kick about with 4-year-olds, there is certainly a problem there! Who on earth would pay that? Bizarre!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 419
KingstonMariner
August 14, 2016, 9:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
I must admit I don't think it's the easiest looking costume to wear. It might be entertaining watching some terrible performances in it. If I was the club I'd swap it for a costume of the person's choice.

The club could potentially make 7 grand a year from this. If there are 23 people willing to pay the going rate should we be damning it?.

That'll help pay off the millions in debt.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 419
KingstonMariner
August 14, 2016, 9:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 419
GrimRob
August 14, 2016, 10:12pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That'll help pay off the millions in debt.

If there is a market out there for people willing to pay and are anywhere near 23 people fit/capable/qualified to do the job (which I doubt), then it might prove to be a reasonable business decision (albeit rather mean and derisory).

I'd happily pay £300 but I'd want to be dressed as the Grim Reaper  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 209 - 419
42 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.