Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Mighty Mariner quits"

This thread currently has 66,169 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
August 8, 2016, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from fishyrich
INSERT FACTS HERE.............

Can I just remind everyone though to...

Get your facts right.....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 100 - 419
GrimRob
August 8, 2016, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
The answer is simple. He put on weight over the summer and couldn't get in the costume any more  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 101 - 419
FishOutOfWater
August 8, 2016, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Civvy at last

Interesting, I've never seen a Black and White Burka before  

I've seen quite a few burks in black & white over the years that have brought me to my knees.....is that close enough?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 419
supertown
August 9, 2016, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
A lot of speculation here, Andy says he has left due to a disagreement. I guess that is over the club trying to change the terms of his 'contract'. JF then makes a statement of thanks but adds a sour note concerning money saving which fuels the speculation . If if has all happened over £24 a fortnight then it is unbelievable. Andy does a great job and adds character to what i assume is a very uncomfortable outfit. Someone asked where he clears off to during the game ? Well I doubt you could wear that head for 2 hours plus .
Why can't the truth just be told by both sides to stop the guesswork? They must both have a reasoning that they believe in so just tell us .
Good luck Andy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 419
Fcukthescunts
August 9, 2016, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from GrimRob
The answer is simple. He put on weight over the summer and couldn't get in the costume any more  

Is that a proven fact if not Andy maybe be taking legal advise ?!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 419
Grim74
August 9, 2016, 8:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from supertown
A lot of speculation here, Andy says he has left due to a disagreement. I guess that is over the club trying to change the terms of his 'contract'. JF then makes a statement of thanks but adds a sour note concerning money saving which fuels the speculation . If if has all happened over £24 a fortnight then it is unbelievable. Andy does a great job and adds character to what i assume is a very uncomfortable outfit. Someone asked where he clears off to during the game ? Well I doubt you could wear that head for 2 hours plus .
Why can't the truth just be told by both sides to stop the guesswork? They must both have a reasoning that they believe in so just tell us .
Good luck Andy.

Maybe he should of been scrubbing the bogs whilst the match was on he would of got a bit more sympathy on here.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 419
MuddyWaters
August 9, 2016, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from supertown
Good luck Andy.

For sake of argument, he costs the club £50 per game (including admission etc), if we play 25 home games a year that's £1250. Where else in the business world would less than 0.1% of a budget attract so much debate. (I know I'm debating it too!) That said, I think he does a great job.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 419
Les Brechin
August 9, 2016, 10:45am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin
Sounds very much like the club were trying to save a pathetically paltry amount by asking him to do it for nowt - typical pathetic penny pinching sh!te by GTFC
Now to make it worse Fenty is talking about hiring the job out to those wishing to be Mighty for a day at some exhorbitant cost  no doubt - pathetic again
Hope the lad farted (or worse) in the suit before he hung it up for the last time

Farting in the head would have been better.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 419
August 9, 2016, 10:55am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

For sake of argument, he costs the club £50 per game (including admission etc), if we play 25 home games a year that's £1250. Where else in the business world would less than 0.1% of a budget attract so much debate. (I know I'm debating it too!) That said, I think he does a great job.

It is £28 a game. I know the full story and it would disgust people on here, I am sickened. Not my place to say anymore.
Reply: 108 - 419
dapperz fun pub
August 9, 2016, 10:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from 75

It is £28 a game. I know the full story and it would disgust people on here, I am sickened. Not my place to say anymore.

Say it ffs let's get this put to bed let's face it Andy as 3 k friends on fb ....why did he mention it if he didn't want it to come out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 419
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.