Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 6, 2016, 7:48pm
After 16 years. Not happy about something.  :-/
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 6, 2016, 7:49pm; Reply: 1
Apologies for the speech mark. Damn these fat fingers.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 6, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 2
http://m.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/shock-as-popular-mighty-mariner-mascot-andy-carr-quits-after-16-years/story-29592371-detail/story.html#ixzz4Ga0X4aDd
Posted by: gtfcmd, August 6, 2016, 7:57pm; Reply: 3
Hartlepool have been in contact again
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 6, 2016, 7:59pm; Reply: 4
Heh heh.

Sounds ominous whatever it is.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 6, 2016, 8:20pm; Reply: 5
Tosspot that wants to make a drama out of something or nothing, craves the attention. Obviously feels insecure about his lack of hair. Go cry little boy, go cry.
Posted by: robborhino, August 6, 2016, 8:23pm; Reply: 6
Does being a keyboard bully make you feel more of a man fat cobra, grow up
Posted by: bluebottle, August 6, 2016, 8:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Tosspot that wants to make a drama out of something or nothing, craves the attention. Obviously feels insecure about his lack of hair. Go cry little boy, go cry.

What an obnoxious individual you really are.
Posted by: chaos33, August 6, 2016, 8:25pm; Reply: 8
Well, I'd be interested to read the content of that article but, as usual, that appalling telegraph site just crashes what ever device I happen to be using - tablet, laptop, work PC. They must get complaints. It's so busy with motherf***ing adverts that it just ruins everything. Irritating is not the word.
Posted by: Grim74, August 6, 2016, 8:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Out of order that really in my opinion, I dont know the lad but I think most people will agree he's been fantastic in the role and a credit to the club.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 6, 2016, 8:27pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from robborhino
Does being a keyboard bully make you feel more of a man fat cobra, grow up

It's constructive critisim, nothing more nothing less. Stop prodding me with that horn of yours 🐖
Posted by: ginnywings, August 6, 2016, 8:28pm; Reply: 11
There seems to be some bad blood around the club at the moment, which is disappointing. Something don't feel right and we should be celebrating.
Posted by: jaygy, August 6, 2016, 8:28pm; Reply: 12
"I'll no longer be doing mighty mariner" 😂😂
Posted by: robborhino, August 6, 2016, 8:30pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Fat Cobra

It's constructive critisim, nothing more nothing less. Stop prodding me with that horn of yours 🐖

Constructive criticism (I can spell) is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of 'constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards.

....... So how is your comment constructive criticism
Posted by: chaos33, August 6, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Fat Cobra

You are ludicrous
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 6, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from robborhino

Constructive criticism (I can spel) is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of 'constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards.

....... So how is your comment constructive criticism

This is constructive criticism, *spell.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 6, 2016, 8:36pm; Reply: 16
Would urge all to ignore the bile that fat cobra types, not says, clearly gets a kick out of being an A grade buffoon
Posted by: TAGG, August 6, 2016, 8:45pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Fat Cobra

He a mate of yours then? 😂
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 6, 2016, 8:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Completely out of order.

The clubs mascot for 16 years who always did his best for the fans in trying to create an atmosphere.

I dont know the bloke or know why he has left but i wouldn't get personal with anyone on a forum as i know that 99% of the time the person doing that hasn't got the balls to say it to their face.

Theirs banter then their is being out of order.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 6, 2016, 8:51pm; Reply: 19
Thanks Andy, top man. Top geezer.
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 6, 2016, 9:00pm; Reply: 20
Maybe he's the one who wanted the Iceland style chant at start of match with himself leading it, instead we've overwhelmingly voted to clap clap clap fish!

Thanks for the last 16 years :)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 6, 2016, 9:03pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from 75
Thanks Andy, top man. Top geezer.

I second that. 16 years in any position at that this football club deserves all of our thanks.
Posted by: Garth, August 6, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 22
He always tried to create an atmosphere even when things were flat, and entertained the kids with pre match shoot ins.
Thanks Andy
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 6, 2016, 9:11pm; Reply: 23
Love Mighty...i remember taking the lads to zCarlisle away and they had their pic taken with him. Andy Carr is a flipping legend and HE IS MIGHTY...come back Andy we love ta 😉❤
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 6, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 24
We love ya ❤
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 6, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 25
We love ya ❤
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 6, 2016, 9:13pm; Reply: 26
We love ya ❤
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 6, 2016, 9:14pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ponnyfan
Love Mighty...i remember taking the lads to zCarlisle away and they had their pic taken with him. Andy Carr is a flipping legend and HE IS MIGHTY...come back Andy we love ta 😉❤

Well done you've given him what he wants.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 6, 2016, 9:14pm; Reply: 28
Guess what Andy ? We love ya 😉😉
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 6, 2016, 9:15pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Grow up!

Posted by: Marinerz93, August 6, 2016, 10:11pm; Reply: 30
Sad to hear this and it doesn't sound too good as to why he has retired from doing it.

I think JF needs to get to the bottom of this and see if he can sort out whatever the issue is and get Andy back.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 6, 2016, 10:17pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Marinerz93
Sad to hear this and it doesn't sound too good as to why he has retired from doing it.

I think JF needs to get to the bottom of this and see if he can sort out whatever the issue is and get Andy back.

Completely agree.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 6, 2016, 10:21pm; Reply: 32
I know the lad and think he's sound but just say what's wrong rather than all this innuendo bollox I don't want anything to ruin the obvious good feeling the players are developing
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 6, 2016, 10:31pm; Reply: 33
Christ on a bike, we've just had one of the club's best days in the last 10 years and we're concentrating on a mascot quitting and a director playing billybigbollox. GTFC at its worst.
Posted by: Jaws, August 6, 2016, 10:49pm; Reply: 34
There was a veiled dig via a Facebook post last week that's now deleted, but done in a typically tongue in cheek fashion.

Don't know the in's/out's but issue is with a specific person I'm led to believe.

Also heard it's due to him and his daughter being forced to pay for tickets - but don't know if that's true.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, August 6, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 35
Rumour is we're in for Billy The Fish as a replacement
Posted by: GrimRob, August 6, 2016, 11:06pm; Reply: 36
The Seattle Mariners have a moose

[img]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/mariners-moose-mascot-15502634.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Jaws, August 6, 2016, 11:08pm; Reply: 37
As long as we don't get whoever dons the costume at Torquay!
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 7, 2016, 12:48am; Reply: 38
Quoted from GrimRob
The Seattle Mariners have a moose

[img]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/mariners-moose-mascot-15502634.jpg[/img]

My son lives in the Seattle area and has watched the Sounders many times..

Crowds of nearly 50,000 apparently for soccer.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 7, 2016, 6:03am; Reply: 39
ANDY/Mighty thank you for entertaining us and representing GTFC  

COBRA YOU UP FOR THE JOB THEN??
Posted by: Mallyner, August 7, 2016, 6:45am; Reply: 40
Perhaps he's just fed up of being called big head. ;)

I have just forgiven Andy for making me dance Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box at my granddaughter's birthday party.

Joking apart he's a lovely, fun loving man who has black and white blood in his veins and when I first met him, he was so delighted to hear that I was a GTFC supporter and not a plastic Premier league supporter.

I hope whatever has upset him is sorted, as he is a big part of my enjoyment at Blundell Park; and in some seasons, the only person who has broken the gloom.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 7, 2016, 8:22am; Reply: 41
I've known him for years and he's a good guy. He puts his all in to support the town. I don't know the issue that's caused this, but I do hope they can sort it out. Come back Andy.
Posted by: Perkins, August 7, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
ANDY/Mighty thank you for entertaining us and representing GTFC  

COBRA YOU UP FOR THE JOB THEN??

Last thing we want is a fat forked tongued snake slithering around the pitch. Bad enough on the Fishy!!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 7, 2016, 4:50pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Mallyner

I hope whatever has upset him is sorted, as he is a big part of my enjoyment at Blundell Park; and in some seasons, the only person who has broken the gloom.

Totally agree with you

Whenever games have been a bit flat he's always been there trying to get everyone going again and usually managed to get the mood lifted

Some of his antics towards opposition keepers has had me laughing out loud. Anything that puts pressure on the away team is a plus for us so Mighty has been a valuable 12th man as far as I'm concerned

If he's hanging up his boots then I can only wish him all the best

UTM

Posted by: Ipswin, August 7, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 44
Perhaps Mr Mullen will do something useful and justify his place on the board of GTFC by stepping into the role
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 7, 2016, 5:26pm; Reply: 45
I've always enjoyed seeing Mighty Mariner,  he's been fantastic and been brilliant at getting the fans going, he's always took the time out for photos with my kids pre match, I really hope he doesn't go.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 7, 2016, 6:38pm; Reply: 46
There'll be someone else that dons the costume, it's pretty similar to someone pulling on the stig get up. Plenty more fish in the sea
Posted by: chicaneuk, August 7, 2016, 7:55pm; Reply: 47
Disappointed to read about this. Always seemed a nice guy from what I could tell, and always a good laugh to see him at work in the Mighty Mariner costume. Always enjoyed following his beer choices depending on the highs and lows of the season on Twitter too.
Posted by: Jaws, August 7, 2016, 8:17pm; Reply: 48
Who was Mighty Mariner before Andy Carr and how long did they do it for?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 7, 2016, 8:27pm; Reply: 49
Whatever happened to Mini Mariner?
Posted by: Grim74, August 8, 2016, 8:58am; Reply: 50
Sounds to me the club are happy to get rid of him to save a few quid...

http://m.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/rumours-mighty-mariner-quit-after-bust-up-branded-nonsense/story-29594491-detail/story.html
Posted by: ska face, August 8, 2016, 9:03am; Reply: 51
...cost of everything, value of nothing.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 8, 2016, 9:23am; Reply: 52
Quoted from Grim74

He has quit....if it was a paid role and the club can now find a free volunteer to fill it then why shouldnt they? Its a business. It is not as though the club have sacked him just to save money is it?

Its a shame its all being done in the open, if he wanted to quit then just quit, why quit..publicise it and then say you dont want to comment on it ?

Posted by: ska face, August 8, 2016, 9:34am; Reply: 53
He left, notified people on his own Facebook profile (you know, friends and family), some shitehouse at the telegraph has then trawled through this and published his comments. He's hardly stood outside BP wearing an a-board then refused to talk about it.
Posted by: SpencerMariner, August 8, 2016, 9:42am; Reply: 54
Grimsby Town said in a statement: "It has come to the club's attention that popular mascot Andy Carr, who plays Mighty Mariner, has quit through social media.

"This has since been confirmed. The club would like to place on record its thanks to Andy for his years of service.

"Andy's sad departure will potentially provide an opportunity to reduce cost, as this was a paid role, and the club will now consider marketing Mighty Mariner as part of the match day experience, just as it does for junior mascots.

"The club has many unpaid roles where people already give their time freely, just as is the case within the Mariners Trust.

"It is hoped to continue to build this type of resource to help build on the match day experience and control costs."

--

Embarrassing, the guy was probably getting paid next to nothing for doing it and the fans loved him, sure theres other way's of saving a few quid than trying to knock down the mascot.
Posted by: Kris2, August 8, 2016, 9:50am; Reply: 55
We don't seem to have ball boys anymore either considering how long it took to get hold of the ball for throw ins and corners on saturday and I don't really remember seeing any seems the club is scraping savings where they can lol.

Honestly this club is run by millionaires what was he charging 20k per game? I'm sure they can afford £10 and a sandwich or whatever it was.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), August 8, 2016, 9:54am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Kris2
We don't seem to have ball boys anymore either considering how long it took to get hold of the ball for throw ins and corners on saturday and I don't really remember seeing any seems the club is scraping savings where they can lol.

Honestly this club is run by millionaires what was he charging 20k per game? I'm sure they can afford £10 and a sandwich or whatever it was.

Yes we did have ball boys on Saturday and do for most matches

Posted by: ginnywings, August 8, 2016, 9:56am; Reply: 57
It's really poor taste for the club to mention " an opportunity to reduce costs" and a "marketing opportunity". Whatever happened, couldn't they have just said thanks to Andy and left it at that? I really despair at some of the comments that come out of the club.

They'll make a few quid a game, charging people to wear the costume for a day. Great!
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 8, 2016, 10:22am; Reply: 58
I bet It'll have been an argument about intercourse all and pride will have dictated the outcome. A real shame, MIghty Mariner was one of the few positive PR tools we had. He was only being written about in the Observer a week or so back.

As others said, never failed to make me smile during the bleakest period of being a Town fan.
Posted by: Davec, August 8, 2016, 10:26am; Reply: 59
The turnstile operators are mainly stewards now, this of course means they are already on the pay roll and no need to employ turnstile operators and pay them
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 8, 2016, 10:26am; Reply: 60
Hard to really comment without knowing the problem....cmon Andy Carr spill the beans you clearly wanted some sort of reaction otherwise why post it on social media ? And as for the club yet another urine poor statement playing mammary for tat
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 8, 2016, 10:34am; Reply: 61
Quoted from ska face
He left, notified people on his own Facebook profile (you know, friends and family), some shitehouse at the telegraph has then trawled through this and published his comments. He's hardly stood outside BP wearing an a-board then refused to talk about it.

Probably true but nothing is sacred once you put it on the internet. If he doesn't know that I'd be very surprised and I'd be surprised if he didn't expect some sort of reaction from the club.

It's all a bit handbags at dawn really. If he has a beef and wants people to know then come out and say it. Otherwise just quietly resign and get on with living.

Posted by: barrattstandman, August 8, 2016, 10:38am; Reply: 62
Never realised that it was a paid position. Andy obviously wanted more money now we are in the football league. This should be a lob done for love of the club and not monetary. Fair dues if the club refuse to pay more .
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 8, 2016, 10:44am; Reply: 63
Quoted from barrattstandman
Never realised that it was a paid position. Andy obviously wanted more money now we are in the football league. This should be a lob done for love of the club and not monetary. Fair dues if the club refuse to pay more .

Really ??

Do you know this for a fact?  Or is it just supposition ??
Posted by: Abdul19, August 8, 2016, 11:08am; Reply: 64
"Matchday experience" (hammer)
Posted by: GrimRob, August 8, 2016, 11:52am; Reply: 65

Please could you justify this comment or let everyone  know it it was a wild guess presented as a fact?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 8, 2016, 11:55am; Reply: 66
Turning this into a marketing opportunity would be a very silly move in my opinion. Andy brought something pretty unique to the role and if 'guest Mighty' didn't match up it reflects poorly on the club.

Again in my opinion, the club could turn this into a talent search campaign to find the new mighty .. Get people audition with video clips and get fans to vote.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 8, 2016, 11:56am; Reply: 67
I think the club could actually make money from allowing fans to be the MM for the day. Put it on Ebay, be the MM for the day and have an auction!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 8, 2016, 12:16pm; Reply: 68
maybe have a Mighty Marinette too
Posted by: barrattstandman, August 8, 2016, 12:16pm; Reply: 69
Reading between the lines . Sorry if I'm wrong but if somebody would come out with the truth then speculation wouldn't arise.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 8, 2016, 12:17pm; Reply: 70
Has JF taken over GrimRob's account? All you ever do these days is echo what the club say Rob!

On a serious note, it's a shame he's gone but he's only the mascot for gods sake. All this attention seeking on social media is boring. If you've got something to say just say it.
Posted by: Grim74, August 8, 2016, 12:30pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Here we go political correctness rearing its ugly head.
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 8, 2016, 12:30pm; Reply: 72
Lot of really wild accusations firing over all over the place here, unless you know the facts can I suggest people don't talk shite please.

I've spoken with Andy over this and all I am prepared to say is that he's really upset with the way this has been handled.  His decision to quit is one he's made and I cannot believe it hasn't been respected.

Yes Andy put this on Facebook, like skaface said, on his own private account.  Not in a public group, not a statement.  A flipping Facebook status update.  Ones like most of us put all the bloody time.

I personally find it appalling that the Telegraph decided to run a story on this over the weekend.  Why?  It's not a story, it's something that happens all the time.  Man Leaves Job!  Yes Andy is a well known local personality and Mighty Mariner is synonymous with GTFC but it's just disrespectful, not to mention gutter press tactics, to make a story out of this and basically excrement stir.  An actual player (Anthony Straker) left the club last season and the Telegraph didn't even report it, yet they're capable of running a story on a Facebook status.  Gutter press.  

The 'statement' from the club is an absolute disgrace.  Seriously, the lowest of the low.  To make out that Andy has quit over money is bang out of order.  Anyone who knows Andy will know he is GTFC through and through and bleeds black and white.   I am absolutely appalled at the suggestion in the statement and think the club would do well to issue an heartfelt apology.  

Whilst I'm at it, why are the club issuing a statement through the Telegraph?  This isn't on the official site.  Is this a case that someone at the club has rung someone at the Telegraph who's only too happy to run a no mark story, regardless of the quality of the piece?

Sick to flipping death of how this club is run, especially this summer.  Can't issue a statement about the fact the season ticket books were messed up (again!), can't issue a statement of any purpose regards Fenty's decision to vote for B Teams in the Trophy, can issue a shitty statement putting the boot in on a Town fan who has decided he doesn't want to be a mascot anymore.

On the field this club is great, they've restored pride and passion to the area.  Off the field it's a shambles, of the Oysten Family at Blackpool proportions.  

How much to get rid of the flipping idiots in charge?
Posted by: GrimRob, August 8, 2016, 12:31pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from gtfc98
Has JF taken over GrimRob's account? All you ever do these days is echo what the club say Rob!

On a serious note, it's a shame he's gone but he's only the mascot for gods sake. All this attention seeking on social media is boring. If you've got something to say just say it.

So have the club suggested that we auction slots as MM, like I have just done? Hope so, it's a good idea!
Posted by: Gibbo, August 8, 2016, 12:33pm; Reply: 74
He was on £28 a game hardly breaking the bank was he  :-/
Posted by: LondonMariner43, August 8, 2016, 12:35pm; Reply: 75
Maybe PH has asked for a mascot with FL experience.  

Maybe there is a championship side with a young reserve team mascot that we could get on a season long loan
Posted by: fishyrich, August 8, 2016, 12:37pm; Reply: 76
INSERT FACTS HERE.............

Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 8, 2016, 12:40pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from GrimRob

So have the club suggested that we auction slots as MM, like I have just done? Hope so, it's a good idea!

Is it really a good idea to give any paying member of the public access to a role that allows close interaction with children, vulnerable adults and will mean that they are on the side of the pitch during the game?

I think not
Posted by: moosey_club, August 8, 2016, 12:42pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Grim74

Here we go political correctness rearing its ugly head.

no one said she had to be ugly  :P
Posted by: moosey_club, August 8, 2016, 12:45pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is it really a good idea to give any paying member of the public access to a role that allows close interaction with children, vulnerable adults and will meant that they are on the side of the pitch during the game?

I think not

or someone with a grudge....access to pitchside and interferes with the game to drop the club in the shite.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, August 8, 2016, 1:09pm; Reply: 80

A DBS check for working with children will be required they take several weeks to come through.
The amount of hours he puts into positively publicising the club and his unique style as Mighty Mariner has kept dozen's of kids coming back to BP. Knowing Andy he wont have taken the decision lightly to quit. The statement released by the club is IMO unprofessional but with recent statements from the club I am not surprised.
Posted by: Davec, August 8, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 81
Who would pay for the DBS check for each individual person then who does game by game basis?

Say somebody different does it each home league game, that'll be 22 more DBS checks needed. They take an age coming through and they are damn expensive.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 8, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 82
[/b]
Quoted from Gibbo
He was on £28[b] a game hardly breaking the bank was he  :-/

Stewards have to work 4 hours to earn £28

I don't know what Mighty job description was, but most games he has a kick around with the mascots before the game, leads the players out on the pitch and then what? he disappears, I thought apart  of the mascots job was to encourage the atmosphere at Blundell Park during the game.  The only time Mighty did this, was when Town were live on TV.

So say about an hour work most games, £28 not bad plus saving £18 on a ticket

Mighty was in a privilege position access to all areas, parking inside the ground, leading the team out before kick-off, bringing wife and child to games on the pitch before games, most fans can only dream about.

Always two sides to a story.

Thanks Mighty for your service over 16 years, time to move on and enjoy the season

Posted by: Fcukthescunts, August 8, 2016, 1:15pm; Reply: 83
Probably GrimRob didn't think before he posted it, is he the phantom statement writer for GTFC?! ;)

PS this is not a slur on your character Rob (Got to be careful come back on the fishy after 6 months off and all hell letting lose....Standard Fishy!)
Posted by: grimps, August 8, 2016, 1:40pm; Reply: 84
Didn't Hartlepools mascot become the local Mayor ?
Maybe Mighty has plans for higher office ?
Posted by: Grim74, August 8, 2016, 1:57pm; Reply: 85

👏👏👏 Hey why don't we have a transgender marriner, or an old disabled marriner, or what about a midget marriner.. Whoops can I even say that??
Have I missed anyone out???
Posted by: GrimRob, August 8, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Probably GrimRob didn't think before he posted it, is he the phantom statement writer for GTFC?! ;)

PS this is not a slur on your character Rob (Got to be careful come back on the fishy after 6 months off and all hell letting lose....Standard Fishy!)

Random idea floated for the masses to pick over  :)
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 8, 2016, 2:06pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Grim74

👏👏👏 Hey why don't we have a transgender marriner, or an old disabled marriner, or what about a midget marriner.. Whoops can I even say that??

perhaps you could fill the role of Misogynist Mariner
Posted by: Grim74, August 8, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from The Yard Dog
[b][/b]

Stewards have to work 4 hours to earn £28

I don't know what Mighty job description was, but most games he has a kick around with the mascots before the game, leads the players out on the pitch and then what? he disappears, I thought apart  of the mascots job was to encourage the atmosphere at Blundell Park during the game.  The only time Mighty did this, was when Town were live on TV.

So say about an hour work most games, £28 not bad plus saving £18 on a ticket

Mighty was in a privilege position access to all areas, parking inside the ground, leading the team out before kick-off, bringing wife and child to games on the pitch before games, most fans can only dream about.

Always two sides to a story.

Thanks Mighty for your service over 16 years, time to move on and enjoy the season

This is actually a good post made me realise what a priveledge he had, maybe something could be sorted out as its a shame really an apology can go along way because  I just wonder if he's having regrets now.
Posted by: Grim74, August 8, 2016, 2:37pm; Reply: 89

perhaps you could fill the role of Misogynist Mariner

Hey I love women especially them ones that can cook good.
Posted by: Belfast Town, August 8, 2016, 5:33pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from grimps
Didn't Hartlepools mascot become the local Mayor ?
Maybe Mighty has plans for higher office ?

Oh no. You don't think his contract was terminated by mutual consent, so that he too can join Hartlepool?
Posted by: Teesknees, August 8, 2016, 6:08pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Grim74

Muslim Mariner?! In a full Burka! That's me arrested!!

Posted by: Civvy at last, August 8, 2016, 6:15pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from Teesknees

Muslim Mariner?! In a full Burka! That's me arrested!!

Interesting, I've never seen a Black and White Burka before  :) :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 8, 2016, 7:26pm; Reply: 93
We are in the league for one game and we already issue a statement hoping to reduce the costs now mighty mariner has left.

Couldn't we have just said thanks but we move on and hope to find a new mighty mariner not turn this into a sour moment, no need at all.

The club wanted a media person the other day travelling all over the country giving up weekends and match days for nothing at all, for some reason the club expect someone to work for nowt and now the mascot has left in my guess down to money.

It seems to me lately if you support gtfc you should do whatever job they advertise for nothing at all because you are a fan , yes their is times people can help out but not when you have to give up so much of your time and i wish the club would sometimes stop making statements which just make the club look cheap, we aint non league anymore so time we started acting like it in a number of ways.

Twitter accounts allegedlly hacked threats of suing fans and the mascot does a runner plus stewards in the headlines again i mean come on time the club looked at the way they do things without expecting it all one way !
Posted by: Ipswin, August 8, 2016, 7:57pm; Reply: 94
Sounds very much like the club were trying to save a pathetically paltry amount by asking him to do it for nowt - typical pathetic penny pinching sh!te by GTFC
Now to make it worse Fenty is talking about hiring the job out to those wishing to be Mighty for a day at some exhorbitant cost  no doubt - pathetic again
Hope the lad farted (or worse) in the suit before he hung it up for the last time
Posted by: Jaws, August 8, 2016, 7:59pm; Reply: 95
If money is that tight how about talking about THE NEW STADIUM THAT WILL SOLVE OUR FINANCIAL PROBLEMS and ACTUALLY GETTING SOMETHING DONE ABOUT IT rather than crap like this.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 8, 2016, 8:07pm; Reply: 96
Expect an ad when we get planning permission from the club wanting builders to give up their livelihood and build the stadium for nowt.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 8, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 97
As mentioned above, we have been promoted after 6 of the shittiest years in the clubs history. Operation 3k got there, 6000 people pack the ground to salute our first game back and all those in the highest seats at the club can do is 'claim' their Twitter accounts have been hacked, speculate that young lasses' are sticking smoke bombs up their chuffs and the much maligned majority shareholder wants to save £24 every other week!

I thought this was going to be a glorious new chapter in the clubs history! Sort your fu(King selves out
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 8, 2016, 9:26pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
As mentioned above, we have been promoted after 6 of the shittiest years in the clubs history. Operation 3k got there, 6000 people pack the ground to salute our first game back and all those in the highest seats at the club can do is 'claim' their Twitter accounts have been hacked, speculate that young lasses' are sticking smoke bombs up their chuffs and the much maligned majority shareholder wants to save £24 every other week!

I thought this was going to be a glorious new chapter in the clubs history! Sort your fu(King selves out

I think that's why this is all so grating. Things are finally going right with the football side of the club yet it's all being overshadowed by a series of moronic and totally avoidable member-ups from non-playing / coaching staff & directors.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 8, 2016, 9:33pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Chrisblor

I think that's why this is all so grating. Things are finally going right with the football side of the club yet it's all being overshadowed by a series of moronic and totally avoidable member-ups from non-playing / coaching staff & directors.

Completely agree, everything coming out of the boardroom stinks. It seems like the club has been publicly embarrassed by a poor decision, pr gaffe or communication error at least once a week since Wembley.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 8, 2016, 9:58pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from fishyrich
INSERT FACTS HERE.............

Can I just remind everyone though to...

Get your facts right..... :P
Posted by: GrimRob, August 8, 2016, 10:00pm; Reply: 101
The answer is simple. He put on weight over the summer and couldn't get in the costume any more  :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 8, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Civvy at last

Interesting, I've never seen a Black and White Burka before  :) :)

I've seen quite a few burks in black & white over the years that have brought me to my knees.....is that close enough?  ;)
Posted by: supertown, August 9, 2016, 7:45am; Reply: 103
A lot of speculation here, Andy says he has left due to a disagreement. I guess that is over the club trying to change the terms of his 'contract'. JF then makes a statement of thanks but adds a sour note concerning money saving which fuels the speculation . If if has all happened over £24 a fortnight then it is unbelievable. Andy does a great job and adds character to what i assume is a very uncomfortable outfit. Someone asked where he clears off to during the game ? Well I doubt you could wear that head for 2 hours plus .
Why can't the truth just be told by both sides to stop the guesswork? They must both have a reasoning that they believe in so just tell us .
Good luck Andy.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, August 9, 2016, 8:33am; Reply: 104
Quoted from GrimRob
The answer is simple. He put on weight over the summer and couldn't get in the costume any more  :)

Is that a proven fact if not Andy maybe be taking legal advise ?!

(hide1)
Posted by: Grim74, August 9, 2016, 8:52am; Reply: 105
Quoted from supertown
A lot of speculation here, Andy says he has left due to a disagreement. I guess that is over the club trying to change the terms of his 'contract'. JF then makes a statement of thanks but adds a sour note concerning money saving which fuels the speculation . If if has all happened over £24 a fortnight then it is unbelievable. Andy does a great job and adds character to what i assume is a very uncomfortable outfit. Someone asked where he clears off to during the game ? Well I doubt you could wear that head for 2 hours plus .
Why can't the truth just be told by both sides to stop the guesswork? They must both have a reasoning that they believe in so just tell us .
Good luck Andy.

Maybe he should of been scrubbing the bogs whilst the match was on he would of got a bit more sympathy on here.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 9, 2016, 9:20am; Reply: 106
Quoted from supertown
Good luck Andy.

For sake of argument, he costs the club £50 per game (including admission etc), if we play 25 home games a year that's £1250. Where else in the business world would less than 0.1% of a budget attract so much debate. (I know I'm debating it too!) That said, I think he does a great job.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 9, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 107
Quoted from Ipswin
Sounds very much like the club were trying to save a pathetically paltry amount by asking him to do it for nowt - typical pathetic penny pinching sh!te by GTFC
Now to make it worse Fenty is talking about hiring the job out to those wishing to be Mighty for a day at some exhorbitant cost  no doubt - pathetic again
Hope the lad farted (or worse) in the suit before he hung it up for the last time

Farting in the head would have been better.  ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 9, 2016, 10:55am; Reply: 108
Quoted from MuddyWaters

For sake of argument, he costs the club £50 per game (including admission etc), if we play 25 home games a year that's £1250. Where else in the business world would less than 0.1% of a budget attract so much debate. (I know I'm debating it too!) That said, I think he does a great job.

It is £28 a game. I know the full story and it would disgust people on here, I am sickened. Not my place to say anymore.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 9, 2016, 10:59am; Reply: 109
Quoted from 75

It is £28 a game. I know the full story and it would disgust people on here, I am sickened. Not my place to say anymore.

Say it ffs let's get this put to bed let's face it Andy as 3 k friends on fb ....why did he mention it if he didn't want it to come out
Posted by: moosey_club, August 9, 2016, 11:08am; Reply: 110
Quoted from 75

Do you ?...the full story from both sides.... ? or a story from one side ?

Not the same thing and as we all need to be careful at the moment i wouldnt take one sides version as the undeniable truth.  

I will add ,for clarity,  i know absolutely nothing at all, about any of it.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 9, 2016, 11:18am; Reply: 111
Quoted from moosey_club

Do you ?...the full story from both sides.... ? or a story from one side ?

Not the same thing and as we all need to be careful at the moment i wouldnt take one sides version as the undeniable truth.  

I will add ,for clarity,  i know absolutely nothing at all, about any of it.

Fair point Moosey. Badly worded on my part.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 9, 2016, 11:42am; Reply: 112
Quoted from 75

It is £28 a game[/b]. I know the full story[b] and it would disgust people on here, I am sickened. Not my place to say anymore.

Both sides or one side of the story?

Posted by: Grim74, August 9, 2016, 1:16pm; Reply: 113
Come on vicar spill the beans now or your as bad as mighty marriner on here and there will be a boycott on fish.
Posted by: Davec, August 9, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 114
If you know the full story why don't you just say, stops all speculation then.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 9, 2016, 2:27pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from 75

Fair point Moosey. Badly worded on my part.

No dig at you BP, just an observation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiThRIHwQDE

Posted by: Marinerz93, August 9, 2016, 8:14pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from 75

You could write an anology, names and place names changed and of course the get out of jail free card "allegedly"  ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 10, 2016, 8:56pm; Reply: 117
Ha, sorry lads. I shouldn't have put anything at all, but I was and am so angry poor Andy who is the biggest and most committed town fan I know has been so badly treat by the club IMO.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 12, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 118
Andy's latest Facebook status.

Quoted Text
Afternoon people.... Right Mariners fans after an eventful week for myself I have spoken to John Fenty today and believe we have sorted out certain issues and I would like to move on now and draw a line under it and concentrate on the football!!!! However I will not be going back as "Mighty" but be back in the stands with a season ticket with my dad,concentrating on the important stuff as non of this helps the club/Hursty and the players or the one thing we all want which is the chance to finish as high up the table as we possibly can!!! UTM!!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 12, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from Les Brechin

With the greatest of respect to all concerned, I'd be slightly worried about the mental fortitude of the players if the identity of The Mighty Mariner affected their performance.
Posted by: grimps, August 12, 2016, 3:31pm; Reply: 120
Yeah It was like the day Princess Di died when they broke the news to the squad  ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 12, 2016, 3:44pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

With the greatest of respect to all concerned, I'd be slightly worried about the mental fortitude of the players if the identity of The Mighty Mariner affected their performance.

If we lose tomorrow, we know who to blame.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 12, 2016, 4:12pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from Les Brechin

Does this mean that the Fable I had written isn't going to see the light of day and that Shakespearean play of what someone did to cause all this tragedy walks away clean as a whistle.

For Mighty Mariner to feel like he has to walk away is a crying shame especially after all the excrement he has had to endure, doing his utmost to raise spirits, get the crowd going and putting more effort into that than some of the past players ever did.

It's a disgrace and the club should be embarrassed to lose someone of Mighty Mariners caliber, shame on you Fenty.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 12, 2016, 4:25pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from grimps
Yeah It was like the day Princess Di died when they broke the news to the squad  ;D

He was the people's mascot (fallenangel)
Posted by: Welwynmariner, August 12, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 124
Quoted from grimps

Maybe it set the tone for the rest of the season?If only.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 12, 2016, 5:16pm; Reply: 125
What a flipping drama queen. Get over yourself man you're a mascot.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 12, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 126

As already said Andy Carr has now sorted out certain issues with John Fenty and will now only be returning as a fan.

I wonder if John Fenty will now be strangely unavailable on match day's.............. 8)
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 12, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 127
John seems to be quick enough to appear on here when he feels he is in the right.
But the silence is deafening on this one. ! !
Posted by: moosey_club, August 12, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from grimps

Funnily enough i can remember walking into our Sunday League changing room at Franklin College that morning to find the team moping about...i actually said " fluff me whose died ?" ...i had somehow managed to swerve the media outpourings in between waking up and getting to footy...   i got some funny looks.  :D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 12, 2016, 10:30pm; Reply: 129
Still no answers from Andy Carr either ,he posted he was resigning because of something He didn't like so tell the world Andy ... Or if your lurking fenty tell us what happened because it will only linger on
Posted by: Tommy, August 12, 2016, 10:50pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from gtfc98
What a flipping drama queen. Get over yourself man you're a mascot.

Exactly, this has got far too much attention than it needs to have done IMO.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 12, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 131
John seems to be quick enough to appear on here when he feels he is in the right.
But the silence is deafening on this one. ! !

You're absolutely spot on - GYFR's appearances are strangely predictable!
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 12, 2016, 11:05pm; Reply: 132
Does it matter what happened? Not to me. Will it affect my attendance at games? Nope. Drop it and move on. Would anyone have noticed if the person inside the costume had changed if Andy hadn't announced it? I doubt it. It doesn't even matter, lets support GTFC, just as Andy will be doing tommorow. UTM
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 13, 2016, 12:02am; Reply: 133
Never leave a man behind, as Mariners we have been through the mill. One of the bright lights in our most dullest periods of watching Town was Mighty Mariner, raising a smile with his antics and often distracting us from some of the worst football ever played at BP. His interaction with the fans of this club is second to none and he is great with the young Mariners.

For some he was just a bloke messing about and will be replaced just like the next Dr Who or James Bond. Andy may have let this go now and moved on but this is just yet another example of something happening at the club that isn't acting in the best interests of the club. Another episode of how to rob the fans of good feelings and another attempt at breaking goodwill.

I wish Andy did say what happened because it would put those in the spot light that have seen our beloved mascot leave the club angry and dejected. If Fenty loves the club as much as he claims, he had the power to put it right and didn't. To me you don't treat people the way Andy has been treated, but I am not a business person who doesn't see the true value of what an individual brings.
Posted by: samg, August 13, 2016, 12:09am; Reply: 134
Unfortunately one of my friends I grew up with was tragically killed on his motorbike on Sunday on the A46 at Swallow - also unfortunately the other person that was killed was a town fan - times like these ( as much as mighty mariner was brilliant to the club) - this thread becomes hard to read - life's too short RIP great friend and fellow mariner!!❤
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 13, 2016, 12:12am; Reply: 135
Quoted from samg
Unfortunately one of my friends I grew up with was tragically killed on his motorbike on Sunday on the A46 at Swallow - also unfortunately the other person that was killed was a town fan - times like these ( as much as mighty mariner was brilliant to the club) - this thread becomes hard to read - life's too short RIP great friend and fellow mariner!!❤

That's terrible news, sorry to hear about your mate, we've lost too many young Mariners before their time. R.I.P. fallen Mariners.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 13, 2016, 12:33am; Reply: 136
Quoted from samg

Sorry to hear that samg. Dangerous road that.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 13, 2016, 8:20am; Reply: 137
Quoted from Marinerz93
Never leave a man behind, as Mariners we have been through the mill. One of the bright lights in our most dullest periods of watching Town was Mighty Mariner, raising a smile with his antics and often distracting us from some of the worst football ever played at BP. His interaction with the fans of this club is second to none and he is great with the young Mariners.

For some he was just a bloke messing about and will be replaced just like the next Dr Who or James Bond. Andy may have let this go now and moved on but this is just yet another example of something happening at the club that isn't acting in the best interests of the club. Another episode of how to rob the fans of good feelings and another attempt at breaking goodwill.

I wish Andy did say what happened because it would put those in the spot light that have seen our beloved mascot leave the club angry and dejected. If Fenty loves the club as much as he claims, he had the power to put it right and didn't. To me you don't treat people the way Andy has been treated, but I am not a business person who doesn't see the true value of what an individual brings.

I have heard the other side of the story, also two sides to a story, Andy has decided to step after 16 years so lets move on.

No one bigger then than our beloved GTFC, players, staff even mascots move on.

Lets enjoy being back in the league and look at the positives rather than a few negatives, could be worse look at the likes of Charlton, Leeds & Blackpool to mention a few that a being ruined by their owners.

Yes Mr Fenty and Co have make mistakes, but they have one thing in common with us they are Grimsby fans like you and me and want Grimsby to succeed.

Look Forward and not behind and enjoy the season
Posted by: Davec, August 13, 2016, 8:38am; Reply: 138
Somebody needs to tell us the truth of what has happened and then all this speculating will stop
Posted by: Garth, August 13, 2016, 8:48am; Reply: 139
Quoted from Davec
Somebody needs to tell us the truth of what has happened and then all this speculating will stop

Really! There's a match on today, let's move on
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 13, 2016, 8:51am; Reply: 140
Quoted from Davec

Why? There's obviously two sides to the story but it's not like it was Podge or Toto or Nathan is it? Yes, there were times when Mighty was more entertaining than football but he is/was a mascot FFS.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 13, 2016, 9:07am; Reply: 141
I understand that a replacement has been found. Apparently there is someone at the club called Lee who will be taking over. I do not no the full details but JF was heared to say "That should keep him quiet on matchday unless he sues one of the mascots".     ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, August 13, 2016, 9:41am; Reply: 142
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why? There's obviously two sides to the story but it's not like it was Podge or Toto or Nathan is it? Yes, there were times when Mighty was more entertaining than football but he is/was a mascot FFS.

In the scheme of things its probably not that vital but it is just another example of how abysmally the club is run.

We don't know the reasons but I'll bet it was money and it obviously ended less than amicably as Andy has now stated that he and Fenty have made peace,

Just a sh!t way to treat someone who has served the club just as well if not better in a big rubber head than many others have done in football boots
Posted by: Ipswin, August 13, 2016, 9:43am; Reply: 143
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I understand that a replacement has been found. Apparently there is someone at the club called Lee who will be taking over. I do not no the full details but JF was heared to say "That should keep him quiet on matchday unless he sues one of the mascots".     ;D ;D ;D

There you are I just knew there was a useful role for him somewhere

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 13, 2016, 10:28am; Reply: 144
Quoted from Marinerz93

In many ways he was the peoples mascot; a Mascot of Hearts.
Posted by: chaos33, August 13, 2016, 10:31am; Reply: 145
;D

Very good Rodley
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 13, 2016, 5:48pm; Reply: 146
From those who went to the game today was there a Mighty Mariner?
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 13, 2016, 9:40pm; Reply: 147
Quoted from Marinerz93
From those who went to the game today was there a Mighty Mariner?

No but there normally is not a Mighty Mariner at away games anyway
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 13, 2016, 10:08pm; Reply: 148
Similar to the Mullen thread is it not time to move on.............?  For everyone!
Posted by: LH, August 13, 2016, 10:12pm; Reply: 149
This thread is both tragic and hilarious.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 14, 2016, 8:00am; Reply: 150
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Similar to the Mullen thread is it not time to move on

Before we get an answer you mean...

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 1:08pm; Reply: 151
For the £300 you can have the mighty experience the os says ...errrr I'll give that one a miss
Posted by: ska face, August 14, 2016, 2:32pm; Reply: 152
[img]https://s4.postimg.org/h048isysd/Capture.jpgp[/img]

(icon_rolleyes)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 2:56pm; Reply: 153
Quoted from ska face

(icon_rolleyes)

Seriously?
Posted by: bluebottle, August 14, 2016, 3:07pm; Reply: 154
For three hundred quid I would want to keep the ruddy costume as well.  ;D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 3:09pm; Reply: 155
Would love to know who came up with this (lol)(wine)(wine)
Posted by: Davec, August 14, 2016, 3:17pm; Reply: 156
Well I hope the club knows that the person who will become Mighty Mariner needs to have a DBS check, and they cost money.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 14, 2016, 3:18pm; Reply: 157
Don't individuals have to be CRB checked (or whatever it's called now) to be involved with kids?
Posted by: Ipswin, August 14, 2016, 3:33pm; Reply: 158
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Would love to know who came up with this (lol)(wine)(wine)

I'll give you one guess.

No wonder Andy was drunk off

Posted by: ska face, August 14, 2016, 3:35pm; Reply: 159
Well they do say "terms and conditions apply", but obviously the Ts&Cs aren't available to read anywhere.

But can we not make a big deal of this? Obviously anyone with a problem abut this is clearly jealous of whoever has made the decision, has a personal gripe with them, has an agenda, should be grateful in the same vein that Hull fans should be grateful to the Allams or should just ignore it and concentrate on the football. CAN WE ALL JUST MOVE ON NOW?!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 14, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 160
Quoted from ska face

(icon_rolleyes)

Wow sorry don't know about personal level but that is so bad on many levels. :B :B :B
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 14, 2016, 4:20pm; Reply: 161
Quoted from ska face

(icon_rolleyes)

Think I will put this one in the same box as the EFL Trophy !

Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from ska face
Well they do say "terms and conditions apply", but obviously the Ts&Cs aren't available to read anywhere.

But can we not make a big deal of this? Obviously anyone with a problem abut this is clearly jealous of whoever has made the decision, has a personal gripe with them, has an agenda, should be grateful in the same vein that Hull fans should be grateful to the Allams or should just ignore it and concentrate on the football. CAN WE ALL JUST MOVE ON NOW?!

You put the flipping advert on the thread and now you want to move on?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 14, 2016, 4:48pm; Reply: 163
Well, let's see how it works.  The club must be confident of selling every package.  What happens if a game goes unsold though?
Posted by: heppy88, August 14, 2016, 4:50pm; Reply: 164
Wow, why stop there John? Why not get rid of the ball boys and charge £250 to be a ball boy for the day?
Or the stewards, Im sure you will save a bit there, lets say £150 to be a steward?
Now dont forget to charge the parents of the kids who have the half time knock about.
Programme sellers, yep afraid so its going to cost you £50 each for the privlidge.

Ok, Mighty Mariner for £300 a pop, realistically how many of us "normal" fans are going to be able to afford that if we fancied donning the costume? Oh sorry John, I forgot its for the other fans, you know the one's who make money out of ripping off joe public with inflated ticket prices. Silly me!!
Posted by: GrimRob, August 14, 2016, 4:51pm; Reply: 165
I must admit I don't think it's the easiest looking costume to wear. It might be entertaining watching some terrible performances in it. If I was the club I'd swap it for a costume of the person's choice.

The club could potentially make 7 grand a year from this. If there are 23 people willing to pay the going rate should we be damning it?.
Posted by: grimps, August 14, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 166
Why don't we have a whip round and get Andy Carr to do it ? That would stick it up them
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 14, 2016, 4:55pm; Reply: 167
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Err, it's quite obviously satire. Haven't you noticed every thread on here criticising the club's shambolic off-the-field record over the last few months ends with a load of thickos suggesting the criticism is borne out of jealousy and that we should just move on and ignore the constant conveyor belt of avoidable PR gaffes being served up?
Posted by: LH, August 14, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 168
Quoted from grimps
Why don't we have a whip round and get Andy Carr to do it ? That would stick it up them

I'd donate to this. Every week.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 14, 2016, 5:00pm; Reply: 169
Quoted from heppy88
Wow, why stop there John? Why not get rid of the ball boys and charge £250 to be a ball boy for the day?
Or the stewards, Im sure you will save a bit there, lets say £150 to be a steward?
Now dont forget to charge the parents of the kids who have the half time knock about.
Programme sellers, yep afraid so its going to cost you £50 each for the privlidge.

Ok, Mighty Mariner for £300 a pop, realistically how many of us "normal" fans are going to be able to afford that if we fancied donning the costume? Oh sorry John, I forgot its for the other fans, you know the one's who make money out of ripping off joe public with inflated ticket prices. Silly me!!

£500 = Chairman for the day.   ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 14, 2016, 5:07pm; Reply: 170
Theoretical point to ponder: What if that £300 allows the club to hire 6 or 7 more bar staff per match day?  

In economic terms, that's a capital redistribution from one person with a bit of money to spare, to a number of people who are looking for some extra cash, and could also lead to increased bar takings and a better service.  

What about if that £7000 allows us to bring in a loan signing for two-months at the end of the season who either keeps us up or blasts us into the playoffs?  

Interesting conundrums, and of course this isn't purely an economic question, as has been illustrated well by the points on charging stewards/ballboys/programme sellers etc.  I almost feel like it's difficult to know where that line is until we've seen this idea operate.

I'm not going to come down in either side of this one, but will be interested to see how it pans out and willing to give Getyourfactsright the benefit of the doubt for now!
Posted by: moosey_club, August 14, 2016, 5:10pm; Reply: 171
Have to say that asking people to pay to be Mighty seems a bit of an odd one......they may now be saving money by not paying someone to do it but to go from paying someone £20/30/40 (?) quid to charging £300 is one hell of a swing !!!!

Where is John Snow and his swingometer when you need it !?!?!?

However.. to be fair.....i am not a professional businessman who has built a fortune....or a lucky man who has won relatively big on the lottery......i am also not privvy to the extensive market research results which must obviously show the club that £300 is a very achievable rate for this type of gig....

i am just a humble fan...... who thinks it stinks.  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 5:16pm; Reply: 172
500 quid for the boardroom experience ... In short hanging out with fenty and Mullen errr I'll be giving that one a miss aswell, as my club gone fooking bonkers
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from moosey_club
Have to say that asking people to pay to be Mighty seems a bit of an odd one......they may now be saving money by not paying someone to do it but to go from paying someone £20/30/40 (?) quid to charging £300 is one hell of a swing !!!!

However.. to be fair.....i am not a professional businessman who has built a fortune....or a lucky man who has won relatively big on the lottery......i am also not privvy to the intensive market research results which must obviously show the club that £300 is a very achievable rate for this type of gig....

Intense market research (fishfish)
Posted by: moosey_club, August 14, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 174
500 quid for the boardroom experience ... In short hanging out with fenty and Mullen errr I'll be giving that one a miss aswell, as my club gone fooking bonkers

keep checking the offers out...there will be some family silver on there soon.. :o
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 14, 2016, 5:22pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from moosey_club

However.. to be fair.....i am not a professional businessman who has built a fortune....or a lucky man who has won relatively big on the lottery......i am also not privvy to the intensive market research results which must obviously show the club that £300 is a very achievable rate for this type of gig....

Andy should take them to arbitration for redundancy at a rate of 300 quid a game . ;)

Posted by: ska face, August 14, 2016, 5:22pm; Reply: 176
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You must be the type of person this offer is aimed at.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 5:23pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from moosey_club

keep checking the offers out...there will be some family silver on there soon.. :o

More offers to follow after some more market research , early indications are cleaning the ponny bogs for a mere 80 notes after a game (doc) joking aside who the fook is coming up with this stuff  and can anyone from the supporters trust give a opinion on this etc
Posted by: heppy88, August 14, 2016, 5:26pm; Reply: 178
The "Build a new stadium experience", a snip at £25 million.
Plus VAT ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 5:35pm; Reply: 179
Quoted from moosey_club

Or maybe that painting?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 5:36pm; Reply: 180

That's as much as some directors have in shares isn't it?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 5:41pm; Reply: 181
Already made the evening telegraph this, the fishy delivering news to local people now (chatbox)(chatbox)
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 14, 2016, 5:58pm; Reply: 182
Maybe we could get rid of Paul Hurst and charge fans £500 a game to be manager!

That'd bring a bit of money in and save us on a wage!  ;)
Posted by: golfer, August 14, 2016, 6:23pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from Les Brechin
Maybe we could get rid of Paul Hurst and charge fans £500 a game to be manager!

That'd bring a bit of money in and save us on a wage!  ;)

I,ll do it. £500 cheque on way. I,d get a new bruiser to score a few goals as my first job and have Boyce as the mascot.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 14, 2016, 6:35pm; Reply: 184
Embarassing from the club this. Hang your heads in shame. Not as embarassing as Andy Carr whining like a little girl to all of his Facebook "fans" though.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 14, 2016, 6:36pm; Reply: 185
This just sums it up for me ............................... Cost saving gone mad ......
Posted by: ginnywings, August 14, 2016, 6:53pm; Reply: 186
A part of me just died a little more.

All 22 available slots have just been snapped up by a ticket tout and are now a snip at £500 a pop.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 14, 2016, 6:58pm; Reply: 187
My Wife (She hates football ) has just asked ..... Has Your Football Club gone mad ?
Posted by: KK_DOG, August 14, 2016, 7:03pm; Reply: 188
Is anyone actually going to do this? I think the club will be lucky to sell it for 2 games at the most.
Posted by: MrFisherman, August 14, 2016, 7:06pm; Reply: 189
Quoted from gtfc98
Embarassing from the club this. Hang your heads in shame. Not as embarassing as Andy Carr whining like a little girl to all of his Facebook "fans" though.

His head was as big as Mighty Mariner and loved the attention it brought  :)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 7:07pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from KK_DOG
Is anyone actually going to do this? I think the club will be lucky to sell it for 2 games at the most.

I assume the cost of the DBS/CRB check is included in the 300 quid.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 14, 2016, 7:08pm; Reply: 191
£300    ............. I'd sell my soul for more than that
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 14, 2016, 7:11pm; Reply: 192
Quoted from fleabag1970
£300    ............. I'd sell my soul for more than that

Do you mean less ???
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 14, 2016, 7:17pm; Reply: 193

Do you mean less ???

NO
Posted by: Jaws, August 14, 2016, 7:41pm; Reply: 194

250k in 19 months = ~500 a day to be a director
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 14, 2016, 7:43pm; Reply: 195
;D ;D ;D this is seriously the worst and most embarrassing idea ever.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 14, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 196
Quoted from KK_DOG

which in the clubs eyes would be a great result.....

20 odd games paying £20/30/40 = lets say £600 outgoings

2 x £300 = £600 incoming .... business result in the eyes of the accountants.....

If the club want to make a cost saving by not replacing Andy then fair enough...i can understand that....but to charge for the "privilege" .... and to charge what is almost the same cost as a season ticket for one fking game.....c'mon...give your heads a wobble.

How about raffling off so many places at a price the majority of supporters can afford ?
How about giving the opportunity to some deserving loyal supporters, ie Graham or the Belgium or Norwegian supporters etc..

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2016, 7:52pm; Reply: 197
No wonder Andy Carr fell out with fenty it was gonna cost him 8 grand a year to be mighty ... Some people eh know the cost of everything but the value of nothing ... Looking forward to the clubs Monday morning statement (100)
Posted by: sapper mariner, August 14, 2016, 7:58pm; Reply: 198
Next home game the trust or eveyone should print off there own mighty head shot. a SEA full of mightys in the pontoon
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 14, 2016, 8:19pm; Reply: 199
Does this mean if nobody stumps up we don't have a mascot? Would that make us the only club in the league without one?
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 14, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 200
Quoted from gtfc98

More embarrassing when you don't know what happened and rather ask Fenty the truth, you attack the person who is partially blameless. Allegedly it happened within the ear shot of few people, so a few people know the truth, Allegedly two directors play a part in this and from what I hear they allegedly need to take a good look at themselves over this latest sorry incident Allegedly.

This be 'Mighty Mariner' for a day is someone trying to save face and it would have worked if not for the extortionate amount they are asking for.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 9:02pm; Reply: 201
Quoted from Marinerz93

More embarrassing when you don't know what happened and rather ask Fenty the truth, you attack the person who is partially blameless. Allegedly it happened within the ear shot of few people, so a few people know the truth, Allegedly two directors play a part in this and from what I hear they allegedly need to take a good look at themselves over this latest sorry incident Allegedly.

This be 'Mighty Mariner' for a day is someone trying to save face and it would have worked if not for the extortionate amount they are asking for.

I doesn't/won't work at all. A CRB/DBS check is the minimum requirement for someone to interact with young children and that can take 4 weeks. I'm not going to start making accusations about what happened with Andy - suffice to say I thought he did a great job and that they will be big boots/shoes/kit/head to fill.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 14, 2016, 9:11pm; Reply: 202
I am note sure mm has to be crb checked as he has no more interaction than anyone else on the pitch on a match day.  The mascots are looked after by another staff member whilst they are at the club. The only time mm comes in any contact with them is when he is on the pitch. By that rule   there would be about 20 people every game would need crb checking
Posted by: Freemoash88, August 14, 2016, 9:20pm; Reply: 203
What they're doing is holding out because they'll know after a couple of months maybe people will stop paying it. Then we'll all get drunk off then someone will come forward and offer to do it for free.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 14, 2016, 9:21pm; Reply: 204
Disgusting behaviour from the club. What the intercourse is £20 a match day for 23 games, less than £600 a year is disgraceful if you get to read this John hope you and whoever suggested the idea hang your heads in shame about ripping life from the club to fill the coffers
Posted by: Freemoash88, August 14, 2016, 9:24pm; Reply: 205
Agreed but like I said I think they'll wait until someone comes forward and offers to do it for free. I can see it now a campaign to bring back mighty mariner...
Posted by: thefish, August 14, 2016, 9:35pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I doesn't/won't work at all. A CRB/DBS check is the minimum requirement for someone to interact with young children and that can take 4 weeks. I'm not going to start making accusations about what happened with Andy - suffice to say I thought he did a great job and that they will be big boots/shoes/kit/head to fill.

As long as they're not left alone with children, they're ok. So no problems there, however, '300 sheets' to dress-up as a mascot and have a kick about with 4-year-olds, there is certainly a problem there! Who on earth would pay that? Bizarre!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 14, 2016, 9:39pm; Reply: 207
Quoted from GrimRob
I must admit I don't think it's the easiest looking costume to wear. It might be entertaining watching some terrible performances in it. If I was the club I'd swap it for a costume of the person's choice.

The club could potentially make 7 grand a year from this. If there are 23 people willing to pay the going rate should we be damning it?.

That'll help pay off the millions in debt.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 14, 2016, 9:47pm; Reply: 208
Quoted from MuddyWaters

:)
Posted by: GrimRob, August 14, 2016, 10:12pm; Reply: 209
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That'll help pay off the millions in debt.

If there is a market out there for people willing to pay and are anywhere near 23 people fit/capable/qualified to do the job (which I doubt), then it might prove to be a reasonable business decision (albeit rather mean and derisory).

I'd happily pay £300 but I'd want to be dressed as the Grim Reaper  :)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 10:14pm; Reply: 210
Quoted from GrimRob

If there is a market out there for people willing to pay and are anywhere near 23 people fit/capable/qualified to do the job (which I doubt), then it might prove to be a reasonable business decision (albeit rather mean and derisory).

That may defeat the object  ;) ;)
Posted by: thefish, August 14, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 211
Quoted from GrimRob

After I left school, I attempted a B-Tech in mascoteering, but unfortunately I failed the course miserably. I still remember the question were it all went wrong. It went something like this...

Would you rather: a) Pay £300 to dress up for the afternoon in a suffocating, uncomfortable outfit and be expected to kick a football around with snotty-nosed kids. Followed by, watching the match through tiny slits in the costume whilst spotty, smoke-bomb wielding 14-year-olds chant, 'Mighty Give Us A Song' at you- knowing full well you can hardly breath in the outfit, let alone chant. Or...

b) Have a couple of pints in the bar, followed by watching the game from the comfort of your seat?
Posted by: robborhino, August 14, 2016, 10:32pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from thefish

After I left school, I attempted a B-Tech in mascoteering, but unfortunately I failed the course miserably. I still remember the question were it all went wrong...

It went something like this...

Would you rather: a) Pay £300 to dress up for the afternoon in a suffocating, uncomfortable outfit and be expected to kick a football around with snotty-nosed kids. Followed by, watching the match through tiny slits in the costume whilst spotty, smoke-bomb wielding 14-year-olds chant, 'Mighty Give Us A Song' at you- knowing full well you can hardly breath in the outfit, let alone chant. Or...

b) Have a couple of pints in the bar, followed by watching the game from the comfort of your seat.

If you answered a) you would have passed ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 14, 2016, 10:34pm; Reply: 213
Quoted from GrimRob

The Grimsby Reaper you mean.  :P
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 14, 2016, 10:35pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from robborhino

If you answered a) you would have passed ;)

And got a positive rep score from GYFR  8)
Posted by: robborhino, August 14, 2016, 10:39pm; Reply: 215
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And got a positive rep score from GYFR  8)

If you get a positive rep score from GYFR your living the dream  8)
Posted by: Grimal, August 14, 2016, 10:49pm; Reply: 216
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Or maybe that painting?

I couldn't be arsed with that. ;)

Posted by: mariner2000, August 14, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 217
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Does this mean if nobody stumps up we don't have a mascot? Would that make us the only club in the league without one?

I'm guessing we still have a regular mascot who steps aside when someone pays £300 quid.  I would also question how long they step aside for as the experience comes with 2 tickets.  I would guess therefore you are not being allowed to be Mighty during the game!!!

Posted by: LondonMariner43, August 15, 2016, 12:13am; Reply: 218
My read of all this is that maybe the Club came up with the idea of offering the chance to fans to be MM for a game.  MM possibly didn't like this and resigned.  

I see there is a whole rant from MM on Twitter tonight which just comes across as sour grapes.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 15, 2016, 12:31am; Reply: 219
Quoted from LondonMariner43
My read of all this is that maybe the Club came up with the idea of offering the chance to fans to be MM for a game.  MM possibly didn't like this and resigned.  

I see there is a whole rant from MM on Twitter tonight which just comes across as sour grapes.

Not the case and maybe someone from the club will screen shot it and take it to the boardroom demanding he be sacked, oh hang on.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 15, 2016, 12:46am; Reply: 220
I can't help feeling this is totally wrong on so many levels.

As I've said before, I think the best way forward is to have a talent show type format where fans submits in video  reasons why they want to be the new mighty..  And let the fan base ultimately pick the new mascot.  If the club are that intent on making money out of it they can charge for entries.

I hope all this cost cutting is in order to pay for a new PR officer. Or would that be a voluntary role too ?
Posted by: chaos33, August 15, 2016, 3:19am; Reply: 221
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

As I've said before, I think the best way forward is to have a talent show type format where fans submits in video  reasons why they want to be the new mighty..  And let the fan base ultimately pick the new mascot.  If the club are that intent on making money out of it they can charge for entries.

Blimey, really? Who has that kind of time or cares enough to judge a blinking talent contest for a mascot?! Would enough people really audition for a voluntary role?

Would people have to audition and pay for the privilege if they won this auspicious competition ?

I agree with lots of others that this 'pay to be mascot' idea will die on its @rse, forcing the club to rethink. The whole show is crying out for some actual PR professionalism and talent - and that's something we can't penny pinch on if we want to get it right. We need to raise the profile of the club whilst communicating effectively with the media and the fans. Personally, I'll be be delighted when these latest three PR self sabotages are finally finished and we can get back to discussing the football. Far too much bile swilling about.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 15, 2016, 7:24am; Reply: 222

I hope all this cost cutting is in order to pay for a new PR officer. Or would that be a voluntary role too ?

Are you putting yourself forward for the head of PR at GTFC?

You appear to have all the credentials!!!
Posted by: ska face, August 15, 2016, 7:25am; Reply: 223

"best way forward..."
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 15, 2016, 7:37am; Reply: 224
Quoted from GrimRob

I might do it but dress as Tony the Tiger or Simon the Scunt to annoy the locals, hehe.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 15, 2016, 7:39am; Reply: 225
At £300 a pop we will not be seeing Mighty this season.
Posted by: KK_DOG, August 15, 2016, 7:42am; Reply: 226
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that Mighty Mariner Twitter Account was not actually Andy Carr. Andy has a twitter account under his own name.

Posted by: golfer, August 15, 2016, 8:09am; Reply: 227

We could have the X-Factor format.Maybe Simon Fcing  Cowell to be the judge, or "Vagner" Wagner on a contract. 5000 fans thought he was good when he came here [ not ]
Posted by: Grim74, August 15, 2016, 9:01am; Reply: 228
Topic on the burnsy show radio humberside now get your calls in shame the club.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 15, 2016, 9:02am; Reply: 229
Quoted from golfer

We could have the X-Factor format.Maybe Simon Fcing  Cowell to be the judge, or "Vagner" Wagner on a contract. 5000 fans thought he was good when he came here [ not ]

Holy cr@p Batman......i think you have stumbled across the devious master plan...."Wagner" isnt doing much these days is he....friendly with the people upstairs .....quite use to performing in front of crowds and TV cameras.....not shy and retiring.....

in a nutshell.......Mascot material !!
Posted by: moosey_club, August 15, 2016, 9:03am; Reply: 230
Quoted from Grim74

ding ding...seconds out........JF wont be able to resist calling in
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 15, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 231
Quoted from chaos33

Blimey, really? Who has that kind of time or cares enough to judge a blinking talent contest for a mascot?! Would enough people really audition for a voluntary role?

Would people have to audition and pay for the privilege if they won this auspicious competition ?

I agree with lots of others that this 'pay to be mascot' idea will die on its @rse, forcing the club to rethink. The whole show is crying out for some actual PR professionalism and talent - and that's something we can't penny pinch on if we want to get it right. We need to raise the profile of the club whilst communicating effectively with the media and the fans. Personally, I'll be be delighted when these latest three PR self sabotages are finally finished and we can get back to discussing the football. Far too much bile swilling about.

Somebody would, my thought behind it is fans would have a chance to make to see other fans making an rear end out of themselves. The previous incumbent made an iconic job of the role, a figurehead of sorts to the fans. If you look at Dr Who, there is a certain degree of excitement when the BBC announces the new Doctor... The club should be harnessing the enthusiasm of the fans, which is where the idea of getting the fanbase involved in picking the new mascot.The paying to enter thing is a shite idea and no idea why I wrote it.
Cloudy - Not a chance, all I wanted to to do when I was on the Trust board was to work for GTFC, but realised later rather than sooner it is a closed shop. I wouldn't wish a PR job at GTFC on anyone.
Posted by: oldun, August 15, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 232
24 pages about a mascot resigning. For goodness sake fishes move on.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 15, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 233
Quoted from Grim74

I guess while Burnsy is twisting the knife in what goes on at Town, it means he doesn't have to turn the screw on the Allams and their constant milking of "Tigers 1904" supporters

The latest I've just heard from my City supporting mate at work is that they actually charge their Under-21s to watch the first team ( assuming they don't do this if you're an unused sub on the bench)

Both sides of the river and the people at the top just do not get it... :-/

Hopefully JF won't pick up on this latest way of supplementing finances otherwise our youths are going to be out of pocket sometime soon
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 15, 2016, 1:42pm; Reply: 234
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I have been informed that on the off chance that this offer is not snapped up,

Fenty and the directors plus The Trust board members will don the costume for the sake of the club.

Barralad will be the 1st one to do it. ;D
Posted by: golfer, August 15, 2016, 2:00pm; Reply: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have been informed that on the off chance that this offer is not snapped up,

Fenty and the directors plus The Trust board members will don the costume for the sake of the club.

Barralad will be the 1st one to do it. ;D

I think the first one ought to be somebody who knows something about football   :) :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 15, 2016, 2:03pm; Reply: 236
Quoted from golfer

I think the first one ought to be somebody who knows something about football   :) :)

Well that rules out 95% of the posters on here then!  ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 15, 2016, 2:20pm; Reply: 237
Serious Question,

Have they now got more than one 'Might Mariner' Costume.  Or is it a 'one size fits all' ?? Just in case anyone is
drunk/daft/drugged up/stupid/loyal enough to want to pay this ludicrous amount. Is there a minimum/maximum size restraint ??
Posted by: barralad, August 15, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 238
Quoted from golfer

Biatch..... ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, August 15, 2016, 2:41pm; Reply: 239
Serious Question,

Have they now got more than one 'Might Mariner' Costume.  Or is it a 'one size fits all' ?? Just in case anyone is
drunk/daft/drugged up/stupid/loyal enough to want to pay this ludicrous amount. Is there a minimum/maximum size restraint ??

Descriminating against people due to size..... thats a no no....so i am sure the club will have covered this, probably why its 300 quid a pop, you get your own made to measure outfit ..... as they said on the Fast Show.... "suits you sir"
Posted by: gtfc98, August 15, 2016, 2:56pm; Reply: 240
Why would anyone want to pay to do it? Id be too embarrassed to do it if they were paying me £300!
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 15, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 241
Quoted from gtfc98
Why would anyone want to pay to do it? Id be too embarrassed to do it if they were paying me £300!

This! Why pay £300 to make 5000 people think you're a t**t? I can quite easily do that without help for nothing.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, August 15, 2016, 3:19pm; Reply: 242
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
I am note sure mm has to be crb checked as he has no more interaction than anyone else on the pitch on a match day.  The mascots are looked after by another staff member whilst they are at the club. The only time mm comes in any contact with them is when he is on the pitch. By that rule   there would be about 20 people every game would need crb checking

That's right. All this CRB/DBS stuff is a complete red herring because whoever the mascot is doesn't have unsupervised access to children for any sort of extended period. It's no more relevant than the players walking out holding a child mascot's hand in a major match.

All the same - who is going to pay £300 for this? The real question is - do we want a MM who knows what s/he is doing?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 15, 2016, 3:23pm; Reply: 243
The club have now said a replacement for Andy Carr as been found but the mighty experience is still on offer aswell ..on it goes
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 15, 2016, 3:29pm; Reply: 244
If the replacement is about 5 foot high and somewhat slower nowadays than Andy was, I think we all know who it is? ;)
Posted by: gtfc98, August 15, 2016, 3:53pm; Reply: 245
Looks like Lee got a bit jealous that his wife was Supporter Liaison Officer so they've made him into the Mascot Liaison Officer.
Posted by: golfer, August 15, 2016, 3:59pm; Reply: 246
If the replacement is about 5 foot high and somewhat slower nowadays than Andy was, I think we all know who it is? ;)

Henry VIII 's wife--Anne Boylen before she had her head cut off
Posted by: Ipswin, August 15, 2016, 4:06pm; Reply: 247

No way his ears stick out too much

Posted by: Ipswin, August 15, 2016, 4:08pm; Reply: 248
Quoted from gtfc98
Looks like Lee got a bit jealous that his wife was Supporter Liaison Officer so they've made him into the Mascot Liaison Officer.

I knew there would be a really important role somewhere for him to play - how much is he paying for the honour?

Posted by: moosey_club, August 15, 2016, 4:44pm; Reply: 249
The club have now said a replacement for Andy Carr as been found but the mighty experience is still on offer aswell ..on it goes

That was quick....Inside job.... classic constructive dismissal case written all over it....
Where was this position advertised ?
No fully open and transparent recruitment process ?
Where the LGBT community actively contacted ?
Is the new M.M any good with computers ?
Where was this new M.M when JFK was shot ?
Can the club deny rumours that its Rob Scott now he has completed his anger management therapy ?

quite literally tens of un-answered questions to this one....gonna roll to 50 pages this thread  

Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 15, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 250
Quoted from moosey_club

That was quick....Inside job.... classic constructive dismissal case written all over it....
Where was this position advertised ?
No fully open and transparent recruitment process ?
Where the LGBT community actively contacted ?
Is the new M.M any good with computers ?
Where was this new M.M when JFK was shot ?
Can the club deny rumours that its Rob Scott now he has completed his anger management therapy ?

quite literally tens of un-answered questions to this one....gonna roll to 50 pages this thread  

You are clearly bored.  :B
Posted by: GrimRob, August 15, 2016, 5:04pm; Reply: 251
It's a coronation. Will he be unmasked? (batman)
Posted by: marinerjase, August 15, 2016, 5:09pm; Reply: 252
The new mascot will get pelted with tampons.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 15, 2016, 5:15pm; Reply: 253
Quoted from marinerjase
The new mascot will get pelted with stuffed tampons.

Amended accordingly.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 15, 2016, 5:20pm; Reply: 254

If no one takes up the offer to be chairman for a day, do we get a new one of those too
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 15, 2016, 5:32pm; Reply: 255
Quoted from marinerjase
The new mascot will get pelted with tampons.

Will they light that fuse bit first ??
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 15, 2016, 5:48pm; Reply: 256
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

If no one takes up the offer to be chairman for a day, do we get a new one of those too

A Chairman would be start, the position's been vacant since JF saw his bottom over the shares fiasco he and his board authorised.
Posted by: marinerjase, August 15, 2016, 5:52pm; Reply: 257
Only in name still vacant.
Posted by: Davec, August 15, 2016, 6:22pm; Reply: 258
Even being featured on Look North
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 15, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 259
Quoted from Marinerz93

A Chairman would be start, the position's been vacant since JF saw his bottom over the shares fiasco he and his board authorised.

I am still a bit confused on why Fenty does not want to be chairman but still pull the strings,

Can you enlighten me please. ?
Posted by: Ipswin, August 15, 2016, 6:43pm; Reply: 260
Quoted from marinerjase
Only in name still vacant.

Exactly

Make no mistake I suspect Fenty is still chairman and pulling all the strings.

Who chairs board meetings for example if we have no chairman ?. Someone must do it and my bet is Fenty although having said that much of what comes out of the club is so embarrassing and ill-thought-out that it may well have been decided at a meeting with no one in charge

If he's not the Chairman why was he backslapping and honobbing with the Braintree chairman at the playoff 2nd leg and why was he in the Royal Box at Wembley when Town went up for the trophy

'I'm no longer the Chairman of Grimsby Town Football Club' my @rse

Give the job to Andy the ex Mighty Mariner - he'd do a better job.
Posted by: Davec, August 15, 2016, 6:46pm; Reply: 261
On Look North it said that Andy Carr made some comments online about the new EFL trophy and that upset the board and then against Morecambe John Fenty had an aggressive conversation with him questioning his loyalty
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 15, 2016, 6:49pm; Reply: 262
Some days I'm almost inclined to Tommy Docherty's notion of the ideal board of football club directors.

"Ideally there should be 3 directors, 2 dead and one dying."
Posted by: Ipswin, August 15, 2016, 6:49pm; Reply: 263
Quoted from Davec
On Look North it said that Andy Carr made some comments online about the new EFL trophy and that upset the board and then against Morecambe John Fenty had an aggressive conversation with him questioning his loyalty

Well they did need an excuse to get rid so they could hire the job to the daftest bidder

Posted by: Cloudy, August 15, 2016, 6:49pm; Reply: 264
Just seen the report on Look North. Surprise surprise the reasoning was because Mr Majority Shareholder took objection to Mr Carr commenting about the FL Trophy voting on social media. I presume the club will claim the report was unbalanced and didn't tell both sides?

Sums up what is wrong with the set up. The hierarchy cannot take any criticism, they are always right and anyone else is wrong. Have a different view and are ostracised. It has happened many times. In the 1930's it was often called a dictatorship
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 15, 2016, 6:51pm; Reply: 265
How embarrassing..

We get promoted two games in and someone (name not named incase i find myself in prison for 5 years) is at it arguing with our mascot , then he decides whoever wants to be mighty mariner has to pay £300.

fvcking unbelievable , he couldnt help it could he.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 15, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 266
Quoted from Davec
John Fenty had an aggressive conversation with him questioning his loyalty

He's demonstrated a lot more loyalty over the years than many of the players we've had FFS. How much more loyal can you get than dancing around in a bloody great suit and rubber head every other Saturday for a pittance

Posted by: golfer, August 15, 2016, 6:57pm; Reply: 267

Will they light that fuse bit first ??

What's a tampon ?  Is it one of those musical things down the alley
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 15, 2016, 7:01pm; Reply: 268
Be careful what you say on here. Just remember not to have an opinion on absolutely anything and that every decision the  majority shareholder has made has been an overwhelming  success . Well done to the board of GTFC by making a mountain out of a mole hill. This is reason 78392 to boycott the FL trophy.
Posted by: ska face, August 15, 2016, 7:10pm; Reply: 269
A PR intercourse up so catastrophic, it made the evening news.

John Shelton Fenty, what a flipping circus you are running. Absolute laughing stock.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 15, 2016, 7:19pm; Reply: 270
There is no truth in the rumour that Mighty got Fenty by his tie,

AND

Fenty knocked mighty;s head off.

No truth at all. ;D
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 15, 2016, 7:24pm; Reply: 271
Thanks for the entertainment Mr Fenty - sometimes I wonder if you do it on purpose.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 15, 2016, 7:25pm; Reply: 272
Quoted from Cloudy
Just seen the report on Look North. Surprise surprise the reasoning was because Mr Majority Shareholder took objection to Mr Carr commenting about the FL Trophy voting on social media. I presume the club will claim the report was unbalanced and didn't tell both sides?

Sums up what is wrong with the set up. The hierarchy cannot take any criticism, they are always right and anyone else is wrong. Have a different view and are ostracised. It has happened many times. In the 1930's it was often called a dictatorship

Someone on the board,  allegedly screen shot what Andy said on Facebook and allegedly demanded he be sacked and it wasn't Fenty.

A director allegedly challenged Andy and then allegedly said as witness who saw the incident, "if you love the club so much, why don't you do it for free"

My thoughts on those involved.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Su1MR7p.gif[/img]
Posted by: ginnywings, August 15, 2016, 7:43pm; Reply: 273
I really can't believe how the board have mis-judged the fans opposition to the EFL Trophy and their ongoing belief that they are still in the right to back it against all the evidence of the fans disgust at the new format.

It was my comments on the Trophy that got me sat round a table with JF. When i mentioned the Trust poll was running at almost 90% against, he dismissed it as not a worthy representation of all the fans. He also defended Shaun Harvey when i said i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. I never intended to relate what we had talked about, but in light of the latest fiasco seemingly now being about a true fans opposition to this sham of a competition, my view of matters has changed.

To think i bought a season ticket to show my loyalty to the club. I really wish i hadn't bothered and i'm getting increasingly staggered at some of the shite coming out of the club.
Posted by: golfer, August 15, 2016, 7:46pm; Reply: 274
brilliant. We have all got those armbands
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 15, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 275
How to get some attention away from the pitch !  Pity the board didn't do more of this when we were doing Shite for errrrr 13 years !!  I have seen posts from ex players on social media and they seem to not be supprised
Posted by: Cloudy, August 15, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 276
Quoted from ginnywings
I really can't believe how the board have mis-judged the fans opposition to the EFL Trophy and their ongoing belief that they are still in the right to back it against all the evidence of the fans disgust at the new format.

It was my comments on the Trophy that got me sat round a table with JF. When i mentioned the Trust poll was running at almost 90% against, he dismissed it as not a worthy representation of all the fans. He also defended Shaun Harvey when i said i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. I never intended to relate what we had talked about, but in light of the latest fiasco seemingly now being about a true fans opposition to this sham of a competition, my view of matters has changed.

To think i bought a season ticket to show my loyalty to the club. I really wish i hadn't bothered and i'm getting increasingly staggered at some of the shite coming out of the club.

None of the above will surprise anyone Ginny. The response you describe is very predictable.

My concern over the EFLTrophy is that Mr Fenty and other owners/directors do not seem to grasp the views of so many fans over the issue and my fear is that they have shown they can be bought/hoodwinked by the PL and will do so again when the B team issue is raised in future. They seem to roll over and have their bellies tickled, fans can see it yet why can't the businessmen??
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 15, 2016, 7:53pm; Reply: 277
Quoted from ska face
A PR intercourse up so catastrophic, it made the evening news.

John Shelton Fenty, what a flipping circus you are running. Absolute laughing stock.

Thats you gone.

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 15, 2016, 7:54pm; Reply: 278
The board have got the bulk of the money from our loyal fan base with the amount of season tickets sold. They do and say as they like until next May when they need us to dig deep again and help the club out. Just remember you are a customer and not a fan.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 15, 2016, 7:54pm; Reply: 279
Quoted from ginnywings

Sums up my feelings. First time I've bought.a season ticket for 20 odd years and I'm staggered by the lamentable PR that Grimsby Town chucks out. I'm trying to find something positive to say but this is about as bad as its been.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 15, 2016, 7:58pm; Reply: 280
Where's male private Barton when you need him
Posted by: Bigdog, August 15, 2016, 8:17pm; Reply: 281
Quoted from 1739
The board have got the bulk of the money from our loyal fan base with the amount of season tickets sold. They do and say as they like until next May when they need us to dig deep again and help the club out. Just remember you are a customer and not a fan.

Totally agree.

Fenty needs to realise he's spending OUR money season after season not his. It's an absolute p i s s take how he treats the club and its fans. I think he's spent too long in his role and has got too comfortable doing it. Something's got to give sometime soon or our glorious return to the League will end in a fan's revolt if results on the pitch don't go our way. Honeymoon period for PH continues, honeymoon period for Fenty officially over! The best football club owners make the fans feel like it's the fans club rather than the shareholders.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 15, 2016, 8:17pm; Reply: 282
Quoted from grimsby pete

I am still a bit confused on why Fenty does not want to be chairman but still pull the strings,

There's a queue to find that out. Please take a number .......
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 15, 2016, 8:30pm; Reply: 283
[quote=136845]

Fenty needs to realise he's spending OUR money season after season not his.

Its not "OUR" money ........ Once you have chosen to part with it it firmly belongs to GTFC .......  The Fans don't OWN the club . The Man / Woman with the Keys to the Door Does
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 15, 2016, 8:35pm; Reply: 284
Quoted from grimsby pete

I could tell you but someone from the club would allegedly screen shot it and use it against me at a later date.
Posted by: Bigdog, August 15, 2016, 8:40pm; Reply: 285
Quoted from fleabag1970
[quote=136845]

Fenty needs to realise he's spending OUR money season after season not his.

Its not "OUR" money ........ Once you have chosen to part with it it firmly belongs to GTFC .......  The Fans don't OWN the club . The Man / Woman with the Keys to the Door Does

Sorry mate I don't need a lesson in accountancy. I'm not thick. My post was not based on legalities it was based upon trust and respect from football club owners to their fans.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 15, 2016, 8:43pm; Reply: 286
Remember Fenty acknowledging the great work the trust have done uniting the fans and the club last season?

Pity they keep having to build bridges because PR gaffes by those who should know better divide club and fans yet again sadly.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, August 15, 2016, 8:52pm; Reply: 287
Can we not leave this now!? Have we forgotten we are back in the league after 6 long years?? As much as we loved Mighty he isn't the one that plays on the pitch and scores goals and wins the games for us. And surely with regard to the GTFC experiences isn't any revenue for the club good revenue? It seems the club can't do right for doing wrong with regard to finances. Shouldn't we, as fans, be backing the club in decisions? I know not everyone agrees with what's happened but no one really knows what's gone on behind closed doors. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for anyone concerned. But again can we remember where we are now and just enjoy being back in the league?? UTM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 15, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 288
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Can we not leave this now!? Have we forgotten we are back in the league after 6 long years?? As much as we loved Mighty he isn't the one that plays on the pitch and scores goals and wins the games for us. And surely with regard to the GTFC experiences isn't any revenue for the club good revenue? It seems the club can't do right for doing wrong with regard to finances. Shouldn't we, as fans, be backing the club in decisions? I know not everyone agrees with what's happened but no one really knows what's gone on behind closed doors. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for anyone concerned. But again can we remember where we are now and just enjoy being back in the league?? UTM

Hi Sue.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 15, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 289

Such a shame that our professional status on the pitch isn't matched off it.
Posted by: Bigdog, August 15, 2016, 9:05pm; Reply: 290

If we were simpletons or supporting the North Korean national side, then yes you are totally right.
Posted by: LH, August 15, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 291
No we cannot. We've gone from being a club to be proud of in (nearly) all areas to being one that's good on the pitch but run by utter buffoons. Sort it out Town - you're becoming embarrassing again.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 15, 2016, 9:09pm; Reply: 292
Easy decisions that have gone against the clubs fans treacle:

Getting shot of mighty mariner
Tampaxgate (no pun intended)
Twitter hackers
EFL trophy

Go back 12 months, probably the most glorious in the clubs recent history, and we had players/fans/board/pantyliners all together in solidarity. Now what? Fans and board poles apart
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 15, 2016, 9:13pm; Reply: 293

I'm sure it was a very easy decision for anyone that thinks getting Town back to a league they should NEVER HAVE DROPPED OUT OF makes them something special.  The board have totally lost touch with the fans especially since promotion.  If this was a one off c0ck up by the board/PR it would have died a death. But it isn't and if John Fenty (and his crew of 'yes' people) think that  the fans will turn out for that stupid sell out trophy then he really is out of touch.  The crap coming from the boardroom on a far too regular basis is why things drag on. If the board want the fans onboard, then stop shooting yourselves  in the foot.  Getting us back in the league does not give you the right to sh1t on the loyal fans that were there before you and supported us against the odds.
UTM.

Posted by: Marinerz93, August 15, 2016, 9:29pm; Reply: 294

Sounds like something a director who screen shotted something, kicked up a fuss and now wants to duck the excrement storm would allegedly say.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BITMEDd.gif[/img]
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 15, 2016, 9:38pm; Reply: 295
Quoted from grimsby pete

Got some inside info about a new tampon liaison officer Pete seeing as though you mentioned a certain someone pulling all the strings ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 15, 2016, 9:40pm; Reply: 296
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Got some inside info about a new tampon liaison officer Pete seeing as though you mentioned a certain someone pulling all the strings ;)

Only available once a month I heard
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 15, 2016, 9:41pm; Reply: 297

How did that Podge song go? 'I just don't think you understand.'
Posted by: Vance Warner, August 15, 2016, 9:50pm; Reply: 298
Quoted from ginnywings

This. For someone who in the past has allegedly talked about not devaluing the 'product' he's doing a pretty good job of it at the moment allegedly

Posted by: ginnywings, August 15, 2016, 10:05pm; Reply: 299

I'm sure it was a very easy decision for anyone that thinks getting Town back to a league they should NEVER HAVE DROPPED OUT OF makes them something special.  The board have totally lost touch with the fans especially since promotion.  If this was a one off c0ck up by the board/PR it would have died a death. But it isn't and if John Fenty (and his crew of 'yes' people) think that  the fans will turn out for that stupid sell out trophy then he really is out of touch.  The crap coming from the boardroom on a far too regular basis is why things drag on. If the board want the fans onboard, then stop shooting yourselves  in the foot.  Getting us back in the league does not give you the right to sh1t on the loyal fans that were there before you and supported us against the odds.
UTM.

Exactly this. I've been thinking about it and the board seem to be very chuffed with themselves and basking in some kind of reflected glory from the team and the fans. It was their decisions that had us in non league for 6 seasons and several poor league 2 campaigns before that, not to mention our plummet from the Championship.

That day at Wembley was the best i have ever felt watching Town, followed by the great tour around the town. Since then, it's all gone from bad to worse from the boardroom and they seem to be eroding all the feel good factor. I just hope things on the pitch carry on an upward curve and that's what i'll concentrate on from now on. If the team score as many own goals as the board, we will be in trouble.

Posted by: forza ivano, August 15, 2016, 10:11pm; Reply: 300
Wow.300 posts on a bloody mascot. God knows what will happen if something important happens at the club
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 15, 2016, 10:21pm; Reply: 301
Quoted from forza ivano
Wow.300 posts on a bloody mascot. God knows what will happen if something important happens at the club

Well you may be happy to see our football club run a la Fawlty Towers but......
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 15, 2016, 10:38pm; Reply: 302
Quoted from forza ivano

Well Forza, it actually is quite important because it is symptomatic of the way the club is being operated. If they can't get this sort of stuff right, what chance of getting the big stuff done properly? It is the board that provided the media and the supporters with the distraction from the playing side and not the other way round. We would all like to concentrate on player, games and performances, really we would. But how do you do that when your club is in the national media winning prizes for sheer crass PR?

Remember too this is basically the same board that mismanaged the club out of the league in the first place. Personally I think the board deserves very little credit for taking so long to get us back in either.

Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 15, 2016, 10:54pm; Reply: 303

Well Forza, it actually is quite important because it is symptomatic of the way the club is being operated. If they can't get this sort of stuff right, what chance of getting the big stuff done properly? It is the board that provided the media and the supporters with the distraction from the playing side and not the other way round. We would all like to concentrate on player, games and performances, really we would. But how do yo that when your club is in the national media winning prizes for sheer crass PR?

Remember too this is basically the same board that mismanaged the club out of the league in the first place. Personally I think the board deserves very little credit for taking so long to get us back in either.

Not completely True
The Board currently has 7 members of which  only two where on the board prior to 2013
http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/directors.html

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 15, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 304
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Not completely True
The Board currently has 7 members of which  only two where on the board prior to 2013
http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/directors.html

Correct rob. I was using the term "board" loosely, if you see what I mean. ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 15, 2016, 11:25pm; Reply: 305

What you mean until the next controversial decision by the directors?  Your right we should be focusing on the lads on the pitch......................

SO WHY DON'T THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THE CLUB DO THE SAME INSTEAD OF WINDING THEIR CUSTOMERS UP. ??)

Posted by: mariner91, August 16, 2016, 12:06am; Reply: 306

I find this post absolutely hilarious yet at the same time utterly depressing. It sums up beautifully how poor the directors are with PR and how out of touch they are with almost the entire fanbase.

"Isn't any revenue for the club good revenue" - No, not always. The phrase "price of everything value of nothing" comes to mind. Andy Carr was a long serving and much liked employee of the football club who wasn't being paid much but did a damned good job, particularly during some depressing times watching some dreadful football. Even if we found 23 mugs willing to pay £300 to do it each game, that's still less than £7,000 which is basically nothing in the grand scheme of things. And all we had to do to get it was embarrass the club on the news, infuriate the fanbase and lose a good employee. What a bargain. Kind of echoes a lot of the decision making that saw us end up in non-league in the first place.

The fact you (whoever you are, Mr or Mrs Mullen at a guess) are saying shouldn't "we" be backing the club in decisions shows, in my mind, that you don't feel that the board is accountable to the fans which is a very dangerous opinion to have. When the PR and decision making coming out of the club is as embarrassing as this, we have every right to disagree and complain. Let's get one thing straight, the directors didn't get us promoted. Paul Hurst and the players got us promoted. The current regime have merely got us back to the very lowest position we should find ourselves in and even that took 6 years, after their decisions got us down there in the first place. Basically, we've almost drawn level, we've not got ahead. I would love to enjoy being back in the Football League but it would be a damned sight easier to do so if those supposedly running the club started doing so in a professional manner and stopped with the embarrassing antics. The fact you still don't recognise that an extremely high percentage of the fans are against your decision on the EFL Trophy vote and that this was allegedly a contributing factor to this furor is incredible and something you should be ashamed of.

Oh and just to make sure I couldn't possibly get invited in for a conversation like Ginny did, I've been hacked.
Posted by: Davec, August 16, 2016, 6:40am; Reply: 307
Rob_In_Grimsby, Dave Roberts is no longer on the board so that list is not up to date
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, August 16, 2016, 9:16am; Reply: 308
Quoted from Davec
Rob_In_Grimsby, Dave Roberts is no longer on the board so that list is not up to date

Ok so 2 of the 6 was on the board when we got relegated , hardly a majority that is it,
Posted by: Town Monkey, August 16, 2016, 11:02am; Reply: 309
I've stayed out of this until now but seeing as everyone else is chipping in, why not?

Obviously this is not great PR for the club.  Given the minimal saving or revenue generated it does seem a bit odd and as has been mentioned not the first gaffe.  However, I can't see this as even a storm in a tea cup.  Someone allegedly went on social media and was critical of their employers (please note, I do not know if this is true or what was said but it has been claimed above).  If I did that, I can guarantee that I too would be out of a job.  There again, I don't really understand the need to proclaim my inner most thoughts to people who may or may not be my friends on social media.  

On a separate note, I don't see the need for a mascot at all really.  All this talk about the great work that they do lifting the crowd suggests more of a failing on our part to support the team vocally when they need us.  We shouldn't need a guy in a costume to remind us when to cheer.  What next?  Should we install some of those flashing applause signs from 60's US TV?  Actually in the Main Stand...

Anyway, I've never given much a damn about the off field stuff if the football is decent or improving so I'm going to focus on that and get behind the team (as I'm sure everyone else will).  We've got a good looking new team so up the mariners.

Posted by: ginnywings, August 16, 2016, 11:28am; Reply: 310
So you're saying that as a loyal fan over many years, Andy has no right to have an opinion on the EFL Trophy because it doesn't square with the club stance? He's a casual employee at best.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 16, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 311
In its own mini-way this business echoes the mess the Allams have been making of Hull City or Hull Tigers as they would wish to call it.

It just goes to show that you may have some success on the field while making a complete b@ll@cks of the club off it. But Hull lost a good manager and won the first game more by luck than judgement. Most football people with any nous will think that their chickens will come home to roost. Successful clubs have long term plans not sort term gimmicks.

Mind you, it really wouldn't surprise me though if someone in high places hasn't already considered the possibility of Town becoming Grimsby Mariners. ;)
Posted by: Town Monkey, August 16, 2016, 11:36am; Reply: 312
Quoted from ginnywings
So you're saying that as a loyal fan over many years, Andy has no right to have an opinion on the EFL Trophy because it doesn't square with the club stance? He's a casual employee at best.

Not at all, he is certainly entitled to say his piece.  As I don't know what was actually written, I can't comment on specifics.  If it was "I think this is a bad idea", that's fair enough but if it was "the board or named individuals are [insert derogatory term here] because of this" then it's an entirely different matter.  My wider point is that posting on social media about our employers or specific individuals requires some circumspection.  
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 16, 2016, 11:39am; Reply: 313
So what happens if someone wants to be Mighty Mariner for a league game.  Is prepared to stump up the £300.00 required. But is vehemently opposed to the EFL Trophy ??

I think I know the answer to that one  ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Posted by: ginnywings, August 16, 2016, 11:54am; Reply: 314
Quoted from Town Monkey

Not at all, he is certainly entitled to say his piece.  As I don't know what was actually written, I can't comment on specifics.  If it was "I think this is a bad idea", that's fair enough but if it was "the board or named individuals are [insert derogatory term here] because of this" then it's an entirely different matter.  My wider point is that posting on social media about our employers or specific individuals requires some circumspection.  

Fair enough but i think you are overplaying his employment status at GTFC.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 16, 2016, 1:13pm; Reply: 315
Quoted from Town Monkey

Why are they Jewish?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 16, 2016, 1:48pm; Reply: 316
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair enough but i think you are overplaying his[/b] employment status at GTFC.[b]

He might be, but Andy was all to happy to swan around areas that are restricted to the fans.  I have been to get tickets and Andy was the other side of the counter talking to the admin staff, in and out of the Press room etc.

I am dinosaur DO NOT DO Facebook (do have account, don't post on them) or Twitter, seen too many times the trouble it can get people in.
We all have our opinions, but once its out on the web for all to see, no going back once its out there.

Problem these days that everyone is a reporter or a photographer, we over analyse always looking for the negative.

Lets be positive and move on and upwards

Posted by: gtfc98, August 16, 2016, 1:51pm; Reply: 317
not being funny John but anyone with half a brain would be opposed to the EFL trophy changes. It's the sharp end of the wedge and it should never have happened. I still can't fathom why you chose to vote in favour especially without consulting the Mariners trust. Was it Mullen who was the other representation? Wonder if he protested....
Posted by: golfer, August 16, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 318
Going on a bit this so fkit. I'm gonna offer £5k and see if it will be accepted for the season. If so I will be offering all the benefits plus a season ticket [partly obstructed by 2 fat guys in front and freezing cold in winter due to the gale through the unrepaired plastic in the side] for £275 per game.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 16, 2016, 3:09pm; Reply: 319
Quoted from gtfc98
not being funny John but anyone with half a brain would be opposed to the EFL trophy changes. It's the sharp end of the wedge and it should never have happened. I still can't fathom why you chose to vote in favour especially without consulting the Mariners trust. Was it Mullen who was the other representation? Wonder if he protested....

Not 100% (please don't sue) but wasn't the CEO Mr Fleming involved ??
Posted by: Ipswin, August 16, 2016, 3:10pm; Reply: 320
Quoted from Town Monkey

The reason for Andy's removal sounds very iffy to me coming out as it did when Humberside (was it?) were examining the whole thing - very convenient don't you think.
I am still sure that money was the main reason, remove Andy, save 1/6d and offer the job out at £300 a pop - very nice.

Or perhaps Fenty and Mullen were taking a leaf out of Hurst's book and getting rid of what was successful last season but not thought to be up to Div 2 level - I'm sure Andy could have done a job in the Football League :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 16, 2016, 3:18pm; Reply: 321
The problem is this,

If the chairman of Tesco said some things against us we could say balls we will now shop at Sainsbury or Asda,

Fenty knows that once a mariner always a mariner we can not take our custom elsewhere,

So he can say what he likes and do what he likes and we have to put up with it,

The only two things we can do is stay away from home games,

Or moan about it on here or both,

One day he might learn to be a bit more diplomatic but I doubt it.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 16, 2016, 3:23pm; Reply: 322
Quoted from The Yard Dog

He might be, but Andy was all to happy to swan around areas that are restricted to the fans.  I have been to get tickets and Andy was the other side of the counter talking to the admin staff, in and out of the Press room etc.

I am dinosaur DO NOT DO Facebook (do have account, don't post on them) or Twitter, seen too many times the trouble it can get people in.
We all have our opinions, but once its out on the web for all to see, no going back once its out there.

Problem these days that everyone is a reporter or a photographer, we over analyse always looking for the negative.

Lets be positive and move on and upwards

There it is again. This assumption that anything anyone disagrees with is being negative. It's not.

I don't do social media either but the point still stands. Andy disagrees with the EFL changes and has every right to voice that opinion. The fact he did it in public is irrelevant. It's not just about GTFC either; it's about the direction the game will take if we allow things like the EFL Trophy changes to happen. My view is that it has to be resisted and you can't do that by just "being positive" and hope things work out for the best.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 16, 2016, 4:01pm; Reply: 323

Not 100% (please don't sue) but wasn't the CEO Mr Fleming involved ??

My understanding is it was a football league meeting abroad (of course), Portugal I think. Present were Mr Fenty and Mr Mullen. They were asked to vote on the EFL U 21 / B team amendment and voted yes. Wether there was time to discuss with the board / Trust or guage public opinion, I do not know. I would expect they would both have been given the agenda, I can't believe they voted 'blind' or just went with the flow.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 16, 2016, 4:03pm; Reply: 324
I don't get the aggro that Andy's getting for his Facebook announcement, as if he's being a Diva and making a big scene. I too do not follow Facebook but I'm not so ignorant as to know how it works. You have friends and followers, I'd imagine there's a fair few who follow(ed) his account to keep up to date with his antics and news from his unique perspective. He then updates his account to announce his 'retirement'.
It would have been far stranger had he said nothing.
Completely clueless shenanigans from the club, I have trust in the manager and the players, at last, but if there's ever an Olympic tournament for Shooting One's Self In The Foot we have the winning team on standby.
Posted by: ska face, August 16, 2016, 5:54pm; Reply: 325

There was 3 directors at the meeting and I presume they decided that with the facts to hand it was the best for the club. I was not there so can only speculate.
officially only 2 clubs voted against it although 8 clubs have publicly said they voted against it so six have lied to their fans.

Where have you seen this then, as to my knowledge the results of the vote have never been published (or are likely to be)?

If I remember correctly, the club had took three representatives to the Portugal meeting, not necessarily directors, and I'm sure I've heard Fleming's name mentioned. I also recall the club trotting out some shite about initially voting against the plans, but then somehow being persuaded to vote for them in following a "full and healthy debate". They must've been debating what to have for their next course then, as it doesn't look like anyone at EFL Towers had the slightest clue about what was going on, as we've seen from the absolute flipping farce the competition rapidly descended into, and it also raises questions about what the concerns of the GTFC representatives were and how they were assuaged when almost every single element of the competition has been picked apart.

It's interesting to note, however, that we have now come full-circle with this issue. From day one, all fans have wanted was a decent explanation about the decision and the process behind it - the absolute bare minimum that could've been expected as a result of common decency and the merest hint of respect for the fanbase. What did we get? A complete whitewash, largely copied & pasted from a statement the EFL had put out a few days earlier. Could all this have been avoided? Absolutely.

As I said the other day (before getyourfactsright offered us all a group meeting), the fans can accept the wrong decisions being made at boardroom level, nobody's perfect, but being treated with such contempt is difficult to swallow, especially after we'd handed the club over £100,000 after probably the worst 15-year spell in our history. What we got was a long period of silence, passive-aggressive invitations to personal meetings behind closed doors and now even the most demonstrably loyal and committed fans are being persecuted (bit strong? yeah, bit strong) for speaking out against the decision of three people.

I noted with interest the club's commitment to holding fans' forum meetings every 6 months, as stated in the Customer Charter. I wonder when the next one is scheduled for?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 16, 2016, 6:29pm; Reply: 326
Quoted from ska face

Where have you seen this then, as to my knowledge the results of the vote have never been published (or are likely to be)?

If I remember correctly, the club had took three representatives to the Portugal meeting, not necessarily directors, and I'm sure I've heard Fleming's name mentioned. I also recall the club trotting out some shite about initially voting against the plans, but then somehow being persuaded to vote for them in following a "full and healthy debate". They must've been debating what to have for their next course then, as it doesn't look like anyone at EFL Towers had the slightest clue about what was going on, as we've seen from the absolute flipping farce the competition rapidly descended into, and it also raises questions about what the concerns of the GTFC representatives were and how they were assuaged when almost every single element of the competition has been picked apart.

It's interesting to note, however, that we have now come full-circle with this issue. From day one, all fans have wanted was a decent explanation about the decision and the process behind it - the absolute bare minimum that could've been expected as a result of common decency and the merest hint of respect for the fanbase. What did we get? A complete whitewash, largely copied & pasted from a statement the EFL had put out a few days earlier. Could all this have been avoided? Absolutely.

As I said the other day (before getyourfactsright offered us all a group meeting), the fans can accept the wrong decisions being made at boardroom level, nobody's perfect, but being treated with such contempt is difficult to swallow, especially after we'd handed the club over £100,000 after probably the worst 15-year spell in our history. What we got was a long period of silence, passive-aggressive invitations to personal meetings behind closed doors and now even the most demonstrably loyal and committed fans are being persecuted (bit strong? yeah, bit strong) for speaking out against the decision of three people.

I noted with interest the club's commitment to holding fans' forum meetings every 6 months, as stated in the Customer Charter. I wonder when the next one is scheduled for?

In 6 months?
Posted by: ska face, August 16, 2016, 6:46pm; Reply: 327
Your life must be a daily struggle.
Posted by: wycombemariner, August 16, 2016, 7:51pm; Reply: 328
Quoted from ska face
Your life must be a daily struggle.

;D
Posted by: Mariners_15, August 16, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 329
John can you please organise a phone call with Mr Swann, ask him if he can teach you a thing or 2 about running a football club.
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 16, 2016, 8:47pm; Reply: 330
Quoted from ska face

When was the last one?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 17, 2016, 12:15am; Reply: 331
Quoted from grimsby pete
The problem is this,

If the chairman of Tesco said some things against us we could say balls we will now shop at Sainsbury or Asda,

Fenty knows that once a mariner always a mariner we can not take our custom elsewhere,

So he can say what he likes and do what he likes and we have to put up with it,

The only two things we can do is stay away from home games,

Or moan about it on here or both,

One day he might learn to be a bit more diplomatic but I doubt it.

Well put Pete.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 17, 2016, 12:16am; Reply: 332
Quoted from 75

My understanding is it was a football league meeting abroad (of course), Portugal I think. Present were Mr Fenty and Mr Mullen. They were asked to vote on the EFL U 21 / B team amendment and voted yes. Wether there was time to discuss with the board / Trust or guage public opinion, I do not know. I would expect they would both have been given the agenda, I can't believe they voted 'blind' or just went with the flow.

I'd have expected them to move for an adjournment to allow clubs to properly consider (and consult board colleagues) an item that apparently been sprung on them. There's no sugar-coating this one. They got it wrong.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 17, 2016, 10:34am; Reply: 333

I'd have expected them to move for an adjournment to allow clubs to properly consider (and consult board colleagues) an item that apparently been sprung on them. There's no sugar-coating this one. They got it wrong.

I thought it was said/posted(?) that the Trust reps on the board weren't even told the meeting was taking place BUT surely the clubs were given an agenda for the Portugal 'party'?

We all have views on differing subjects but IMO the EFL Trophy debacle was the biggest single slap in the face from Fenty & Co that I have ever witnessed
Posted by: rancido, August 17, 2016, 1:19pm; Reply: 334
I'm not concerned with the whys and wherefores behind Mighty Mariners decision to quit - it's political and we will probably never get the true chain of events.
What does concern me is the flak that the club and particularly JF have received on here about the idea of a " mascot experience ". According to the GET a life long town fan has been chosen to be the official club mascot and a " mascot experience " place for each game will also be available at a cost of £300 pounds. This is being proposed in response to the club being " approached " a considerable number of times by fans offering to pay for the privilege. I just can't understand some of the fans on this site objecting to this! It is no different to paying for your child to be a matchday mascot. Anything that brings in money to the club and embraces fans into the matchday experience must be a good thing. They are also looking into the prospect of a " family - orientated package to include dad and two kids and is offering a £50 discount per child mascot included ". Too many posters on this site criticise the club for not thinking of original ways of raising money and then when the club does, that same clique shoot the club down in flames and ridicule the idea.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 17, 2016, 4:22pm; Reply: 335
Quoted from rancido
I'm not concerned with the whys and wherefores behind Mighty Mariners decision to quit - it's political and we will probably never get the true chain of events.
What does concern me is the flak that the club and particularly JF have received on here about the idea of a " mascot experience ". According to the GET a life long town fan has been chosen to be the official club mascot and a " mascot experience " place for each game will also be available at a cost of £300 pounds. This is being proposed in response to the club being " approached " a considerable number of times by fans offering to pay for the privilege. I just can't understand some of the fans on this site objecting to this! It is no different to paying for your child to be a matchday mascot. Anything that brings in money to the club and embraces fans into the matchday experience must be a good thing. They are also looking into the prospect of a " family - orientated package to include dad and two kids and is offering a £50 discount per child mascot included ". Too many posters on this site criticise the club for not thinking of original ways of raising money and then when the club does, that same clique shoot the club down in flames and ridicule the idea.

What you are are effectively saying is you don't care how Town treat's it's staff as long as they go quietly into the night whilst the club tries to save face and whitewash the incident.

MM spoke up against the introduction of Prem B teams into cup competitions, something most of us agree shouldn't happen. He did this because he thought it was being forced on the club and when he was told otherwise he withdrew his comments off facebook.  A director screen shot those comments before they were removed and took them to boardroom demanding MM was sacked. A director gave MM the hairdryer treatment and then that director told MM that if loved the club he should do it for free.

If you don't care about how badly MM was treated I really hope you don't employee people. Being inventive would have seen a MM side kick at a reduced cost, something the fans could buy into. Why don't you ask a steward how they are treated, what the club expects them to do and if they miss more than a couple of games what happens to them.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 17, 2016, 4:27pm; Reply: 336
Quoted from rancido

Possibly because very shortly after the announcement of Andy Carr leaving the post the club announced that it would now be a pay for the pleasure experience....no mention of a fulltime replacement being sought....just an advertisement of the new experience.
Maybe the initial announcement should have been " we are sorry to announce that Andy Carr has decided to resign from the role and would thank him for his efforts over the years, subsequently we are reviewing the role of Might Mariner and will announce something when we have considered the options available? "
The initial furore just around the speculation as to why Andy had left should have indicated to the club that there was some interest/ feeling about the situation....so instead of the above they announce You can be Mighty for 300 quid !!

Again fires stoked and more furore, more speculation and negative media coverage before they  now announce a fulltime replacement is in hand and the experience is just there as an option....how convenient.
Posted by: oldun, August 17, 2016, 4:36pm; Reply: 337
Quoted from forza ivano

What he said
Posted by: rancido, August 17, 2016, 5:11pm; Reply: 338
Quoted from Marinerz93

What you are are effectively saying is you don't care how Town treat's it's staff as long as they go quietly into the night whilst the club tries to save face and whitewash the incident.

MM spoke up against the introduction of Prem B teams into cup competitions, something most of us agree shouldn't happen. He did this because he thought it was being forced on the club and when he was told otherwise he withdrew his comments off facebook.  A director screen shot those comments before they were removed and took them to boardroom demanding MM was sacked. A director gave MM the hairdryer treatment and then that director told MM that if loved the club he should do it for free.

If you don't care about how badly MM was treated I really hope you don't employee people. Being inventive would have seen a MM side kick at a reduced cost, something the fans could buy into. Why don't you ask a steward how they are treated, what the club expects them to do and if they miss more than a couple of games what happens to them.

That opening sentence is utter bollox but I don't want to get into the "politics" of something that I only have hearsay/conjecture to go by.
I was pointing out that I wanted to leave that aside and concentrate the issue of having an " experience mascot " running alongside MM. The concept of an " experience mascot " regardless of who plays the role of MM would still have been proposed and is a sound financial idea.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 17, 2016, 5:58pm; Reply: 339
Quoted from rancido

. The concept of an " experience mascot " regardless of who plays the role of MM would still have been proposed and is a sound financial idea.

a sound financial idea only becomes reality when you actually sell an experience......until then it is an idea to raise additional income.....and its an idea that has p1ssed off quite a few people and made us look a bit naff in the media....
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 17, 2016, 6:20pm; Reply: 340
A bit like letting Amond go ? as Dic.K Barton said " Will shall see on that one "
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, August 17, 2016, 6:47pm; Reply: 341
Quoted from Marinerz93

Just to say I value all of our employees and that included Andy.

I absolutely refute being aggressive to Andy. He's brought this on himself by not resigning once, but twice.

He was in a heavily privileged position which no doubt helped him personally. Coupled he had a responsibility particularly in the high profile role and with the influence it and he carried.

His initial resignation on social media was frankly accepted internally and when he realised that he took down the two postings and only then. Nothing to do with when the club confirmed how it voted.

You could not work anywhere, slag your employer off, throw your hand in publically. Additionally in another posting generate support for boycotting games and not expect to be spoken too.

Notwithstanding that the Club had no intention of a change. However in my position I had every intention of reinforcing to Andrew that he has a privileged position and substantial influence and had to be carful in what he says publically in this regard.

He said I won't be gagged

I said the clubs not trying to gag you but points out you are an employee with responsability and huge influence.

There was another actually serious issue which found him in trouble. I reminded him that I stood up for him (it's Inprudent to say anymore as its between the club and Andrew.

When I'd made my points to him 'frankly' very quietly and consisly, I moved on to explain that I hadn't realised it was a paid role and that I didn't know why that one had gotten away from me.

I further explained that a lot of people work for the club volenterally and that my request of Andy was to ask him if he would do the role going forward without cost.

He immediately told me sharply how he was losing income by doing the role, missing out on substantial income doing parties and the likes.

He clearly wasn't enamoured by being asked this. So I said don't make a decision in the heat of the moment and take some time to consider this.

That was it. All said on the stairway next to the PA room. There is no evidence to suggest I was aggressive nor can there be any because I absolutely wasn't. Bear in mind there was plenty of people around.

The truth is, Andrew cannot be spoke too about his shortcomings and ultimately it was about personal gain to him.

His statement to Look North was self-centred and very wrong and only adds oxygen to an embrassing resignation.

I trust you will note this with all your one sided track.

John

Posted by: robborhino, August 17, 2016, 6:50pm; Reply: 342
Wow someone pretending to be john fenty, how sad
Posted by: ginnywings, August 17, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 343
Quoted from robborhino

It is John.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 17, 2016, 7:01pm; Reply: 344
Quoted from robborhino

He often comes on here to make sure we get our facts right. ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 17, 2016, 7:11pm; Reply: 345

When I'd made my points to him 'frankly' very quietly and consisly, I moved on to explain that I hadn't realised it was a paid role and that I didn't know why that one had gotten away from me.

[/quote]

How much ?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 17, 2016, 7:12pm; Reply: 346
Well two sides to every story your right about one thing John it is "embarrassing" all round.
Time to move on.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 17, 2016, 7:21pm; Reply: 347
Poppycock
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 17, 2016, 7:24pm; Reply: 348
Quoted from fleabag1970

How many years?? the accounts did not shows this income???

Posted by: rancido, August 17, 2016, 7:25pm; Reply: 349
Quoted from moosey_club

a sound financial idea only becomes reality when you actually sell an experience......until then it is an idea to raise additional income.....and its an idea that has p1ssed off quite a few people and made us look a bit naff in the media....

It was also an idea born from many genuine enquiries to the club about doing this. As far as the bit in the media ( on Look North I understand ) who informed them of the situation with MM ? It sounds like it could have been MM himself to make something appear bigger than what it is and him appear to be the injured party.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 17, 2016, 8:39pm; Reply: 350
There we have it, and all them red crosses you illegitimates gave me on page 1 should be abolished!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 17, 2016, 8:58pm; Reply: 351
Thanks for the clarification John, and whilst it puts a different light on things, I find it quite shocking that no one seems to have been aware that it was a paid role.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 17, 2016, 9:15pm; Reply: 352
Please someone make this all stop!
Posted by: GrimRob, August 17, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 353
Now that we've heard the full story I'd like to close this thread. Andy needs to get on with his life, and frankly there are more important things in the GTFC universe. Does anyone think there is anything more to say that hasn't been said?

If the green ticks outnumber the red crosses the thread will be closed!
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 17, 2016, 9:35pm; Reply: 354
You should pay your employees John.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 17, 2016, 9:41pm; Reply: 355
John, glad there's some clarification on this its good to get both sides of the story. I agree that Andy Carr lets his z list celebrity status in the area get the better of him, often preaching rubbish to his "fans" on social media which i find pretty embarassing. I also agree that you shouldn't be able to slag off your employer and get away with it. However as a fan of lower league football I believe all of us share his opinion that we should not entertain the idea of attending these horrific "EFL Trophy" ties. i still cannot understand why you voted in favour of this move and I believe that the fans need to have their say on this.

On a more serious matter than the egotistical mascot I think we need to invest in an experience centre back before the window closes, especially in the absence of the loan window.
Posted by: Davec, August 17, 2016, 9:44pm; Reply: 356
Oh dear, Fenty making us a laughing stock again

What Fenty has just said is absolute poppycock ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 17, 2016, 9:48pm; Reply: 357
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

I absolutely refute being aggressive to Andy. He's brought this on himself by not resigning once, but twice.

He was in a heavily privileged position which no doubt helped him personally. Coupled he had a responsibility particularly in the high profile role and with the influence it and he carried.

His initial resignation on social media was frankly accepted internally and when he realised that he took down the two postings and only then. Nothing to do with when the club confirmed how it voted.

You could not work anywhere, slag your employer off, throw your hand in publically. Additionally in another posting generate support for boycotting games and not expect to be spoken too.

Notwithstanding that the Club had no intention of a change. However in my position I had every intention of reinforcing to Andrew that he has a privileged position and substantial influence and had to be carful in what he says publically in this regard.

I said the clubs not trying to gag you but points out you are an employee with responsability and huge influence.

There was another actually serious issue which found him in trouble. I reminded him that I stood up for him (it's Inprudent to say anymore as its between the club and Andrew.

I further explained that a lot of people work for the club volenterally and that my request of Andy was to ask him if he would do the role going forward without cost.

He immediately told me sharply how he was losing income by doing the role, missing out on substantial income doing parties and the likes.

He clearly wasn't enamoured by being asked this. So I said don't make a decision in the heat of the moment and take some time to consider this.

That was it. All said on the stairway next to the PA room. There is no evidence to suggest I was aggressive nor can there be any because I absolutely wasn't. Bear in mind there was plenty of people around.

The truth is, Andrew cannot be spoke too about his shortcomings and ultimately it was about personal gain to him.

His statement to Look North was self-centred and very wrong and only adds oxygen to an embrassing resignation.

John

Thank you for your side of the situation John.

I didn't claim you were aggressive, I said you gave him the hair dryer treatment which, people observed you 'having a go' at Andy near the PA box for his comments made about efl trophy on Facebook. We can leave how this conversation between you two went because that will be down to how people interpreted the event. Also Andy had explained via Nick dale he wasn't aware the club had voted for it at the time, thought it had been pushed on the club then removed the comments when he found out this wasn't the case. So it seems you have communications problem there with some of your key staff.

You haven't denied that a director printed off the comments Andy made on Facebook and demanded his sacking, interesting.

It doesn't matter how much you paid for Mighty Mariner role or that it escaped you. It was the price of two tickets, something you give away all the time. MM became a fans favourite because of his antics, of course he could be replaced by someone as keen but it is the manner in which the resignation came about. I can see your point when you said "The truth is, Andrew cannot be spoke too about his shortcomings", when someone is approached in the manner Andy was, they don't have time to make a measured statement, they haven't had time to prepare, a bit like when Ginny came to see you, you had a large amount of comments printed off that he had said, he had no time to really take it in or make a measured statement, you caught him a bit off guard.

The idea of volunteer work is great when people volunteer, not pressed into it or asked to do that after the boss having a word in your ear about something he isn't happy with what you have done.

When you said he slagged off his employers, do you have proof of this, links?

You said "You could not work anywhere, slag your employer off, throw your hand in publically. Additionally in another posting generate support for boycotting games and not expect to be spoken too."

It seems you are lacking a football heart, the games he was talking about boycotting was the Prem B teams in the cup competition. If you can't see what is wrong with that let me explain in fish terms. You want haddock, you get deep sea cod, deep sea cod the filleter couldn't be arsed de-worming, boning or skinning, the cook half cooks that cod and you are starving, it's mushy crap and cold, would you really enjoy that, is that something you want.

You value your employees, I was told by the wife of an ex-steward with years of service that the club told him he had to do all the courses required for stewarding in his own time, unpaid, which he did. He missed one game through being ill and another for a Holiday he had booked at the beginning of the season and when he turned up after his holiday he was told he was no longer required, stewards are easily replaced as plenty want to do it. It may not of been you letting the steward go but that was how it went and that is the condition stewards are working under.

You said "I trust you will note this with all your one sided track." I am more than happy to apologise when proven wrong, I am happy to debate finer details and learn things. I can be like a dog with a bone when I want to hold someone to account, and I guess that can upset people like yourself. I am more than happy if you feel I am a thorn in your side as long as it makes you question what is happening.

The handling of MM I think is poor man management and as a side note I am not connected to Andy.

Dave
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 17, 2016, 9:51pm; Reply: 358
Quoted from Davec
Oh dear, Fenty making us a laughing stock again

What Fenty has just said is absolute poppycock ;)

Leave it Davec, it's refreshingly honest of Mr Fenty to admit that he didn't know that the club was paying Mighty.
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, August 17, 2016, 10:03pm; Reply: 359
Sadly this whole incident speaks volumes at times about how poorly the club is run from top to bottom.  The us and them mentality is only to clear to see from all angles at this club.  On this particular occassion  I do agree with  Fenty  over this issue.  You cannot  go around slating and biting the hand that feeds to meet your own ends, this is just a poor way to conduct yourself.  Andy's support will be clear to see from now on if he attends Town games or not.  I find it very strange though that the main director of the football club was unaware if the mascot position was paid or not.  Lessons need to be learned here, because the whole PR about this incident is appalling...............

UTM
Posted by: golfer, August 17, 2016, 10:23pm; Reply: 360
do "staff" working for GTFC part time have contracts ?   Do meetings with staff members usually take place on stairs.?  Was it a disciplinary meeting ? If he was given the option to work unpaid surely GTFC were satisfied with his performance. Was all this on social media just an excuse to get the job done unpaid ? Was this decision to make money out of MM taken before any social media posts were displayed ?
Posted by: barrattstandman, August 17, 2016, 11:05pm; Reply: 361
Sick of reading about this. He's gone, did I a good job whatever the reasons he's gone ..end of.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, August 17, 2016, 11:06pm; Reply: 362
Quoted from grimsby pete

He often comes on here to make sure we get our facts right. ;)

I'd be more impressed if he managed to get his spelling and use of grammar right then.

This is the age of spell-checkers after all.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 17, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 363
Quoted from Welwynmariner

I'd be more impressed if he managed to get his spelling and use of grammar right then.

This is the age of spell-checkers after all.

I don't get this grammar and spelling fetish users on here have.
Like myself he is dyslexic and find it hard to put sentences together without jumped up sharp objects like you pointing out our disability
Posted by: Welwynmariner, August 17, 2016, 11:21pm; Reply: 364
Quoted from golfer
do "staff" working for GTFC part time have contracts ?   Do meetings with staff members usually take place on stairs.?  Was it a disciplinary meeting ? If he was given the option to work unpaid surely GTFC were satisfied with his performance. Was all this on social media just an excuse to get the job done unpaid ? Was this decision to make money out of MM taken before any social media posts were displayed ?

Just to answer this question

Did Andy have a contract - well yes - he certainly did because there was a regular paid arrangement. He seems to have been paid a fee and received benefits in kind (free tickets). If the terms of this weren't communicated to him in writing then the Club are at fault. Presumably the club provides him with a P60 at the end of the tax year (I won't be surprised to hear that they didn't).

It's no good for someone to say "When I'd made my points to him 'frankly' very quietly and consisly (sic), I moved on to explain that I hadn't realised it was a paid role and that I didn't know why that one had gotten away from me." If you run a business, and I mean any business, you need to know who is on the payroll and who isn't. Otherwise how would you know they were an employee? Since slavery has been abolished it's obvious that if someone is an employee then they must also be in a paid role.

Posted by: Bigdog, August 17, 2016, 11:30pm; Reply: 365
Sick of reading about this. He's gone, did I a good job whatever the reasons he's gone ..end of.

Follow this link

http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?b-dr/

There are 30 threads to choose from. Stop clicking on the one titled "Mighty Mariner quits".
Posted by: golfer, August 18, 2016, 7:07am; Reply: 366
Quoted from Bigdog

Follow this link

http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?b-dr/

There are 30 threads to choose from. Stop clicking on the one titled "Mighty Mariner quits".

If you stopped clicking it you wouldn,t know we were clicking it :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 18, 2016, 7:33am; Reply: 367
I will do it,  but i want minimum wage for my 3 hrs of time in the role.

Yes i love GTFC but i also love milk and bread.

The mighty mariner role should be a paid role for the person doing it , what is it with our club wanting near enough everyone doing a role to be under the word "voluntary" , we are now football league not vanarama north.

As for charging 300 quid to do it well good luck with that one and hopefully that 300 quid is going in the kitty for some pissing bogroll in the ponny shitters john.
Posted by: Davec, August 18, 2016, 7:52am; Reply: 368
I think what Fenty doesn't understand is that it simply isn't viable for Andy Carr to do it voluntarily, Andy Carr turns down party bookings to be mighty Mariner, so even when he was getting paid £28 a match, he's still losing money, so for Fenty to say it was all for his own personal game is totally wide of the mark and unfair.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 18, 2016, 8:59am; Reply: 369
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I will do it,  but i want minimum wage for my 3 hrs of time in the role.

Yes i love GTFC but i also love milk and bread.

The mighty mariner role should be a paid role for the person doing it , what is it with our club wanting near enough everyone doing a role to be under the word "voluntary" , we are now football league not vanarama north.

As for charging 300 quid to do it well good luck with that one and hopefully that 300 quid is going in the kitty for some pissing bogroll in the ponny shitters john.

Its a business....if the club can now get a MM for free and then IF they can sell the odd slot to bring extra revenue in then that is the nature of business. No brainer.
I just dont think how the situation has arose or how it has been handled has been very good for PR.

Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, August 18, 2016, 9:00am; Reply: 370
Voluntarys fine for a ballboy maybe, but andy carr went above and beyond in his role, he'd made a national newspaper article about the 5 best things coming with the return of football this season, and its hardly an administration stopping amount of money to save. We've just come into more money by getting back into the football league aswell. I think use the money you've saved and get a new PR manager because the club really seems to need one this season.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 18, 2016, 9:20am; Reply: 371
If the £28 is that big a deal, you could just get a company to sponsor the MM, maybe have your logo on his outfit. It would only cost around £700.
Posted by: robborhino, August 18, 2016, 11:02am; Reply: 372
Quite a few mascots have their own sponsor, think Leeds rhinos Ronnie is sponsored by cravenDale which isn't on the player shirts
Posted by: Simariner, August 18, 2016, 11:06am; Reply: 373
I'd guess Andy also contributes to being Mighty outside of football. Ie; Visiting the hospital, charity do's ect ect.
Who washes Mightys Kit?

I've also seen Andy do the DJ work for the club at POTY award nights and other GTFC related events.  Does he get paid for this or is this voluntary?

It seems Andy has been a real asset for GTFC with all the hard work he has put in throughout the years with giving up his spare time to help being Mighty.  

Isn't Andy also Married with a child?

Andy seems like he's GTFC through and through and I believe his resignation is GTFC's loss not his!
Posted by: Cloudy, August 18, 2016, 11:43am; Reply: 374
Quoted from Davec
I think what Fenty doesn't understand is that it simply isn't viable for Andy Carr to do it voluntarily, Andy Carr turns down party bookings to be mighty Mariner, so even when he was getting paid £28 a match, he's still losing money, so for Fenty to say it was all for his own personal game is totally wide of the mark and unfair.

Lots of people turn down work/overtime to attend games, I think i read Andy plans to attend games as a 'normal' spectator from now on.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 18, 2016, 1:21pm; Reply: 375
I think Cod Almighty have got this issue spot on in the diary today http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=5946
It's such a shame that this has exploded into such an embarrassment for the club, you have to feel had it been handled a little better, the matter could have been kept internal and a positive relationship could have been maintained. Instead we have a situation were a director has publically raised questions about an employee of the club's character and the value of their role.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 18, 2016, 4:11pm; Reply: 376
I just keep thinking what a coincidence it is that it was at the same time that a frank but calm conversation took place about online postings that our non-Chairman remembered he couldn't pay him for the role any longer.
Posted by: Rick12, August 18, 2016, 4:14pm; Reply: 377
Going to miss Andy Carr in his role of mighty mariner.Good candidate for it eg was amusing and to top it off was a passionate fan of the club
Posted by: mirrorballman, August 18, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 378

John

Is it now between the club, Andy and the plenty of people around the stairway? And now you've alluded to the "serious issue" on a public forum. Appalling behaviour. I would guess that if similar veiled comments were made about you, a director or a 'sponsor', you'd be straight on the phone to Rob.

Posted by: arryarryarry, August 18, 2016, 5:28pm; Reply: 379
This is all getting a bit silly now.

Time for everyone to move on.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 18, 2016, 5:28pm; Reply: 380
Mike Newell used to drink in Tetney you know....
Posted by: Davec, August 18, 2016, 5:57pm; Reply: 381
No lets not move on yet

Can't we get to over 40 pages

Then 50

Then 60

Then 70 ;)
Posted by: FishGY, August 18, 2016, 6:13pm; Reply: 382
Quoted from Simariner
I'd guess Andy also contributes to being Mighty outside of football. Ie; Visiting the hospital, charity do's ect ect.
Who washes Mightys Kit?

I've also seen Andy do the DJ work for the club at POTY award nights and other GTFC related events.  Does he get paid for this or is this voluntary?

It seems Andy has been a real asset for GTFC with all the hard work he has put in throughout the years with giving up his spare time to help being Mighty.  

Andy seems like he's GTFC through and through and I believe his resignation is GTFC's loss not his!

Don't think that's legal in this country..
Posted by: Simariner, August 18, 2016, 6:28pm; Reply: 383
Quoted from FishGY

Don't think that's legal in this country..

Sorry should of explained a little better...

My comment meant was that I'm sure Andy gave up a lot of spare time whilst trying to juggle family and a new born child to be Mighty Mariner, not just at games but at other events....
That I'm sure were voluntary on his behalf..
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 18, 2016, 7:07pm; Reply: 384
Quoted from Simariner

Sorry should of explained a little better...

My comment meant was that I'm sure Andy gave up a lot of spare time whilst trying to juggle family and a new born child to be Mighty Mariner, not just at games but at other events....
That I'm sure were voluntary on his behalf..

FishGY should have added an emoji or animated gif for comedy value as he made a play on words  ;D
Posted by: golfer, August 18, 2016, 7:51pm; Reply: 385
GTFC bosses have slipped up big time, the  "letter " shot themselves in the foot. Offer him his job back with a rise and don't slip up like this again .I don,t think he would accept it . It,s a pity he obviously doesn't know employment law.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2016, 8:32pm; Reply: 386
Quoted from GrimRob
If the £28 is that big a deal, you could just get a company to sponsor the MM, maybe have your logo on his outfit. It would only cost around £700.

That's the best idea yet.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2016, 8:35pm; Reply: 387
Quoted from robborhino
Quite a few mascots have their own sponsor, think Leeds rhinos Ronnie is sponsored by cravenDale which isn't on the player shirts

Doesn't he own Forest Green Rovers?  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2016, 10:17pm; Reply: 388
John, while you're here can you answer a couple of questions.

Why did you not consult your board colleagues (in particular the Trust representatives) on the proposals put to the FL meeting in Portugal? Given the importance of the issue, why did you allow yourself to be bounced into a decision with no prior notice?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 18, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 389

Why did you not consult your board colleagues (in particular the Trust representatives) on the proposals put to the FL meeting in Portugal? Given the importance of the issue, why did you allow yourself to be bounced into a decision with no prior notice?

Perhaps the vote was held on the hotel fire escape stairs.

Actually, why do we even need a boardroom? Let's just do all the club's business in McDonalds over a happy meal. Seems perfectly acceptable.
Posted by: Grim74, August 18, 2016, 11:46pm; Reply: 390
How about a Charity boxing match now between these two to settle this nonsense once and for all, could even be in costume the former Mighty Mariner v tampax man 3x 2min rounds at half time should suffice.
Posted by: MrFisherman, August 19, 2016, 12:08am; Reply: 391
Quoted from Simariner
Who washes Mightys Kit?

I've got my violin ready........(thanks)(thanks)
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 19, 2016, 7:42am; Reply: 392
I'd of paid good money to watch a Highly successful local business man having a reasoned debate with a man in a MM Custume on the stairs at Blundell Park .
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, August 19, 2016, 8:55am; Reply: 393

John

John

I have long been a supporter of yourself (which 'sane' person would put money into a lower league/non-league club over a long period of time!) but I truly believe things like this show you in a bad light.

He was in a heavily privileged position which no doubt helped him personally. Coupled he had a responsibility particularly in the high profile role and with the influence it and he carried- Or could it be said he made MM the figure it is among younger supporters and kept them coming back and ultimately added money to the club

I don't believe social media is the best platform for anyone to be expressing an opinion based on employment that goes for employee and employer. But is a stairway the best place to 'discuss' and ultimately ask someone to work for free......

I do understand your want/need to get your point across but like recent statements coming from the club it appears that it has very little thought and rushed.
The handling of this whole situation has been poor at best (all sides but as an employer the greater responsibility is on the club). I do also have big concerns that the club will be allowing a MM to not have DBS checks and before another PR disaster would urge the club to reconsider this because at the minute you would leave yourselves wide open to the potential to an unsuitable person doing the role.

UTM

Posted by: Davec, August 19, 2016, 9:39am; Reply: 394

The Mariners Trust has released this following statement on Facebook.

"Following the resignation of Andy Carr who played Mighty Mariner, it’s clear that the football clubs Board had asked the club officers to come up with proposals and to market Mighty on a game by game basis as part of the match day experience.

In a meeting with the Club's Board, it was explained that they had not been involved in setting the price for the package and that they also agreed, that it had been set far to high. In setting the price it was thought that the package would only be sold 3 or 4 times a season and that a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) would be required incurring considerable cost and setting up. The Clubs safeguarding officer has since advised that a DBS would not be required which takes away any complexity and cost.

In terms of value the package includes
3 tickets £60 (inc Mascot)
Autographed Ball £30
Framed Photo/Picture £20
Editorial/Scoreboard/Print £10

A successful Mighty will need to complete an application form, confirming suitability and wellbeing.

The Mariners Trust are pleased that a permanent replacement has been found and support the model of hiring out the experience a limited number of times a year as we understand that on these occasions the guest will be supervised by the permanent Mighty Mariner. The price for the experience will be set at £160 in line with junior mascot packages and a £50 discount will be offered for each family member junior package if the Mighty Mariner experience is also booked. We feel this is much more realistic than the £300 originally set for this experience.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/302045474401?

We would like to this opportunity to thank Andy for all the support he has given the Trust as Mighty Mariner."
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2016, 10:06am; Reply: 395
The club board had not been involved in setting the price?  :-/
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 19, 2016, 10:12am; Reply: 396
Quoted from Davec

The Mariners Trust has released this following statement on Facebook.

"Following the resignation of Andy Carr who played Mighty Mariner, it’s clear that the football clubs Board had asked the club officers to come up with proposals and to market Mighty on a game by game basis as part of the match day experience.

In a meeting with the Club's Board, it was explained that they had not been involved in setting the price for the package and that they also agreed, that it had been set far to high. In setting the price it was thought that the package would only be sold 3 or 4 times a season and that a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) would be required incurring considerable cost and setting up. The Clubs safeguarding officer has since advised that a DBS would not be required which takes away any complexity and cost.

In terms of value the package includes
3 tickets £60 (inc Mascot)
Autographed Ball £30
Framed Photo/Picture £20
Editorial/Scoreboard/Print £10

A successful Mighty will need to complete an application form, confirming suitability and wellbeing.

The Mariners Trust are pleased that a permanent replacement has been found and support the model of hiring out the experience a limited number of times a year as we understand that on these occasions the guest will be supervised by the permanent Mighty Mariner. The price for the experience will be set at £160 in line with junior mascot packages and a £50 discount will be offered for each family member junior package if the Mighty Mariner experience is also booked. We feel this is much more realistic than the £300 originally set for this experience.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/302045474401?

We would like to this opportunity to thank Andy for all the support he has given the Trust as Mighty Mariner."

I think the club should read this:

Who Needs a DBS Check?

If there is ever a safeguarding issue within your organisation and the people working or volunteering with children and/or vulnerable adults have not been adequately checked, your organisation could be held legally liable. To prevent this possibility SAFE advises DBS checks are conducted on all eligible staff and volunteers within your organisation
Posted by: golfer, August 19, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 397
I killed 164 people and was known as the Lincolnshire Shooter. Nobody was under 21 so would this affect my chances of being MM if I offered to pay the full £300
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, August 19, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 398
Who set the price of £300 then?
Posted by: Cloudy, August 19, 2016, 10:47am; Reply: 399
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I assume the office management staff? Messrs Fleming/ Smith/Dale??
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 19, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 400
This whole thing just stinks, the trust are mopping up the mess created by those at the club. It shouldn't be up to the trust to apologetically tidy up for the club.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 19, 2016, 11:05am; Reply: 401
MightyGate rumbles on.....

Haha  the board are now distancing themselves from this...it's the club officers fault now....whoever the club officers are ?  

So.... major shareholder didnt know we paid the last MM, the board are claiming that although they instructed the club officers to look at proposals..... by now saying they agree its too expensive, i presume they didnt see or rubber stamp the proposal before it was announced on the official club site ?

And now we will have two MM's if any matchday packages are sold ?  

Will the real Mighty Mariner please stand up...please stand up

Who is driving this boat ????
Posted by: moosey_club, August 19, 2016, 11:12am; Reply: 402
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Andrew Newman ?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2016, 11:26am; Reply: 403
Quoted from headingly_mariner
This whole thing just stinks, the trust are mopping up the mess created by those at the club. It shouldn't be up to the trust to apologetically tidy up for the club.

Exactly my thoughts. excrement rolls downhill.
Posted by: Grim74, August 19, 2016, 11:55am; Reply: 404
Quoted from moosey_club

Andrew Newman ?

Peter ferneaux?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2016, 11:56am; Reply: 405
Quoted from Grim74

Peter ferneaux?

A new low, even for you.
Posted by: davmariner, August 19, 2016, 12:20pm; Reply: 406
Jesus wept what an embarrassing situation once again.
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 19, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 407
I'm surprised to find this hole is still getting deeper and deeper. Part of me feels embarrassed, but last few days I'm finding whats gone on is massively funny. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. Classy.
Posted by: lukeo, August 19, 2016, 2:20pm; Reply: 408
And here's me sat here with no popcorn ffs.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 19, 2016, 2:25pm; Reply: 409
i really hope there are some songs in reference to this tomorrow...

There's only one Mighty Mariner...
One mighty marinerrr
Theres only one mighty mariner
Unless we sell another..
then theres two mighty mariners
two mighty marinerrrs
unless we sell another...  :P

300 quid..you're having a laugh

To the new MM...

You're not Andy Carr,,,you're not Andy Carr...you're not
Posted by: moosey_club, August 19, 2016, 2:25pm; Reply: 410
Quoted from lukeo
And here's me sat here with no popcorn ffs.

It will be repeated on Dave for years to come so dont worry
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 19, 2016, 2:32pm; Reply: 411
Quoted from moosey_club
i really hope there are some songs in reference to this tomorrow...

There's only one Mighty Mariner...
One mighty marinerrr
Theres only one mighty mariner
Unless we sell another..
two mighty marinerrrs
unless we sell another...  :P

To the new MM...

You're not Andy Carr,,,you're not Andy Carr...you're not

Sacked in the morning
You're getting sacked in the morning
Posted by: moosey_club, August 19, 2016, 3:14pm; Reply: 412

Sacked in the morning

Is that a potential song for tomorrow or a HR warning for me ?

If its the latter as i dont work for GTFC then i should be ok posting non company line views  ;)
Posted by: golfer, August 19, 2016, 7:19pm; Reply: 413

Sacked in the morning

Radioheads  " I'll see you on the Staircase"
Posted by: lee65, August 20, 2016, 12:12am; Reply: 414
I'm sure we can after his / her performance tomorrow

Maybe we should add another line in "player ratings" for MM.  :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 20, 2016, 2:46pm; Reply: 415
All of this for nothing.
I'm at the match and it must be Andy. They look identical 😉
Posted by: moosey_club, August 20, 2016, 5:21pm; Reply: 416
well the team are doing their best to kill off this subject
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 20, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 417
Beat Morecambe, Fenty upsets Mighty enough for him to resign and we lose the next 3 games, just saying.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 20, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 418

Maybe I should have been more provocative in my wording in order to get a response.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 21, 2016, 11:59am; Reply: 419
Thread closed. Everyone had their say, Thanks to all for the contributions but time to move on.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:13am