Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

Mighty Mariner quits"

This thread currently has 66,167 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
August 8, 2016, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Has JF taken over GrimRob's account? All you ever do these days is echo what the club say Rob!

On a serious note, it's a shame he's gone but he's only the mascot for gods sake. All this attention seeking on social media is boring. If you've got something to say just say it.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 419
Grim74
August 8, 2016, 12:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
maybe have a Mighty Marinette too

Here we go political correctness rearing its ugly head.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 419
diehardmariner
August 8, 2016, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Lot of really wild accusations firing over all over the place here, unless you know the facts can I suggest people don't talk shite please.

I've spoken with Andy over this and all I am prepared to say is that he's really upset with the way this has been handled.  His decision to quit is one he's made and I cannot believe it hasn't been respected.

Yes Andy put this on Facebook, like skaface said, on his own private account.  Not in a public group, not a statement.  A flipping Facebook status update.  Ones like most of us put all the bloody time.

I personally find it appalling that the Telegraph decided to run a story on this over the weekend.  Why?  It's not a story, it's something that happens all the time.  Man Leaves Job!  Yes Andy is a well known local personality and Mighty Mariner is synonymous with GTFC but it's just disrespectful, not to mention gutter press tactics, to make a story out of this and basically excrement stir.  An actual player (Anthony Straker) left the club last season and the Telegraph didn't even report it, yet they're capable of running a story on a Facebook status.  Gutter press.  

The 'statement' from the club is an absolute disgrace.  Seriously, the lowest of the low.  To make out that Andy has quit over money is bang out of order.  Anyone who knows Andy will know he is GTFC through and through and bleeds black and white.   I am absolutely appalled at the suggestion in the statement and think the club would do well to issue an heartfelt apology.  

Whilst I'm at it, why are the club issuing a statement through the Telegraph?  This isn't on the official site.  Is this a case that someone at the club has rung someone at the Telegraph who's only too happy to run a no mark story, regardless of the quality of the piece?

Sick to flipping death of how this club is run, especially this summer.  Can't issue a statement about the fact the season ticket books were messed up (again!), can't issue a statement of any purpose regards Fenty's decision to vote for B Teams in the Trophy, can issue a shitty statement putting the boot in on a Town fan who has decided he doesn't want to be a mascot anymore.

On the field this club is great, they've restored pride and passion to the area.  Off the field it's a shambles, of the Oysten Family at Blackpool proportions.  

How much to get rid of the flipping idiots in charge?
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 419
GrimRob
August 8, 2016, 12:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from gtfc98
Has JF taken over GrimRob's account? All you ever do these days is echo what the club say Rob!

On a serious note, it's a shame he's gone but he's only the mascot for gods sake. All this attention seeking on social media is boring. If you've got something to say just say it.

So have the club suggested that we auction slots as MM, like I have just done? Hope so, it's a good idea!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 419
Gibbo
August 8, 2016, 12:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +8
He was on £28 a game hardly breaking the bank was he  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 419
LondonMariner43
August 8, 2016, 12:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,978
Gold Stars: 64
Maybe PH has asked for a mascot with FL experience.  

Maybe there is a championship side with a young reserve team mascot that we could get on a season long loan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 419
fishyrich
August 8, 2016, 12:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -38
INSERT FACTS HERE.............

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 419
headingly_mariner
August 8, 2016, 12:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GrimRob

So have the club suggested that we auction slots as MM, like I have just done? Hope so, it's a good idea!

Is it really a good idea to give any paying member of the public access to a role that allows close interaction with children, vulnerable adults and will mean that they are on the side of the pitch during the game?

I think not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 419
moosey_club
August 8, 2016, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Grim74

Here we go political correctness rearing its ugly head.

no one said she had to be ugly  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 419
moosey_club
August 8, 2016, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is it really a good idea to give any paying member of the public access to a role that allows close interaction with children, vulnerable adults and will meant that they are on the side of the pitch during the game?

I think not

or someone with a grudge....access to pitchside and interferes with the game to drop the club in the shite.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 419
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mighty Mariner quits"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.