Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

OPERATION 3K

This thread currently has 35,818 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Green27
July 31, 2016, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It must have been tons and it made a massive difference to everyone last season. I just find it strange that there were a few announcements and talk of interesting initiatives for some fans that never materialised.
Do you think the club could have done more with pricing and promotions to really drive season ticket sales?

Agree with Headingley. Things were missed however successful the campaign was. A few comments about things to come later never materialised the delay due to people being on holiday. TooGoodToGoDown and another member of the Trust were those who worked very hard on this campaign and deserve everyones congratulations. However very little happened in reality the club didn't really get involved a poster was about the height of the campaign. It's fantastic we achieved such a high number but it feels like we did so out of fans commitments and luck rather than the campaign. Either way its still a fantastic number.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 175
promotion plaice
July 31, 2016, 9:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It must have been tons and it made a massive difference to everyone last season. I just find it strange that there were a few announcements and talk of interesting initiatives for some fans that never materialised.
Do you think the club could have done more with pricing and promotions to really drive season ticket sales?

I think we all know that the match day price is around £4 cheaper ( adult ) when buying a season ticket and you get 10% off merchandise in the club shop.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 175
Grimbiggs
July 31, 2016, 11:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
It's a great achievement, but lazy approach by the clubs marketing, this could of easily been Operation 4K with a liitle bit of foresight and ingenuity on the clubs part...plenty of decent suggestions from myself and others included, but nothing, and the same old, same old...nothing for shift workers and the like either from the club. On the back of a promotion winning season, 4K season ticket holders could of been easily achieved, if somebody from the club had had the nous to market it properly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 175
Trawler
August 1, 2016, 7:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Grimbiggs
It's a great achievement, but lazy approach by the clubs marketing, this could of easily been Operation 4K with a liitle bit of foresight and ingenuity on the clubs part...plenty of decent suggestions from myself and others included, but nothing, and the same old, same old...nothing for shift workers and the like either from the club. On the back of a promotion winning season, 4K season ticket holders could of been easily achieved, if somebody from the club had had the nuance to market it properly.

So you're suggesting that we could have got 1000 more season ticket holders for this season in L2 than the 98/99 season - our first back in the Championship after the Wembley double?  Deluded.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 175
LongEatonMariner
August 1, 2016, 8:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Jeez 3k season tickets is brilliant, far in excess of anything for years. I personally don't think the club offering priority tickets in the league trophy or a tenner off a team shirt makes much difference to people buying a ticket. We do it because of loyalty and hope, and maybe a bit of sadism too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 175
diehardmariner
August 1, 2016, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Phenomenal achievement and once again full credit to those involved with the Trust at getting this moving along, despite what appears from the outside as a lack of willingness and engagement from the club.

I think what the Trust do is superb, those involved should be genuinely proud of what they do.  But it's the club who I have a serious gripe with on this.

In the last 16 months we've seen interest in our club that hasn't been seen since 1998 (even then it was relatively short lived considering).  The Trust have done everything possible to raise the profile of the club and the fans themselves have created a mentality I never thought I would see, following Town used to be a generally negative experience!

That should have been truly capitalised on by the club.  A real opportunity to make a lasting impression.  Could we have sold more then 3,000 Season Tickets for a fourth-tier side in an economically challenged area?  Doubtful, but the club made so little effort to expand on the work of the Trust on this.

Physical season tickets not available until god knows how many weeks after they went on sale.  Then relying on a club employee to update the fans via their personal Facebook account.  
Removal of marketed vouchers from the season ticket packs.
Basic errors when 'new' season ticket holders trying to purchase tickets.
Lack of fresh incentives to get a ticket from the club.

It all adds up.  Poor, poor, poor from the club.

The price increase was fair.  We're at a higher level and the club have done well to hold the prices for so long.  But to just chuck a few quid on the tickets was utterly lazy.  We're riding the crest of a wave.  What have the club done to capitalise on that?  Nothing, they've just hoped that the existing fans would return and a few extra would come on board.

I believe in the Trust but I fear the club are just too happy to use them as a marketing tool because they're too incompetent/lazy to do something themselves.  The Trust is run by volunteers, people with other commitments and full-time jobs.  The club has actual employees to do things like the marketing.  Why is it the volunteers who are doing the marketing and promotion of the club?  
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 175
oldun
August 1, 2016, 10:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I wonder if The Commercial Dept have been successful in increasing corporate income as a result of the return to The League. It is an important part of the club's income.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 175
Bigdog
August 1, 2016, 10:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
To put it into perspective, Mansfield have only sold 1500 season tickets. Great effort by our fans..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 175
Grimbiggs
August 1, 2016, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Trawler

So you're suggesting that we could have got 1000 more season ticket holders for this season in L2 than the 98/99 season - our first back in the Championship after the Wembley double?  Deluded.

Going from a fan base of 2700 season tickets holders last season, when we've been starved of league football for so long, and when we took about 15,000 to Wembley for the play-off final, shows how many people could of been targeted. If this had been marketed straight after that play-off final, rather than a month later, the momentum and euphoria could of made the target of 4,000 achievable with the right incentives and a bit of intiative. In theory with 3000 being sold, out of the 12000 others who went to that final, we've managed to capture just 2.5%(300) of that audience alone. Bradford were able sell their adult season tickets at £149 in 2015 which was £50 cheaper than the previous year's price. It was an average of £6.50 a game. By doing so they were able to increase their season ticket holders from 15,000 to 17,500(17% increase). I'm not saying we would of been able to afford to do that, but did we actually look at the options available?....Whilst it's still a great achievement to have 3000 season ticket holders, the opportunity was there and unfortunately missed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 1, 2016, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bax

That's not for me to say, I'm not a club employee and hindsight is a wonderful thing!

That's a brilliant diplomatic, yet telling reply.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 175
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.