Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

OPERATION 3K

This thread currently has 35,778 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
bax
July 7, 2016, 11:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from friskneymariner
Thank you for your offer Bax but already arranged for someone to pick my ticket up,but think you should you should review your policy of not posting tickets especially to those living out of Town.

I don't work for the club I'm afraid. I don't have any control over policies for posting tickets (or anything else!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 175
diehardmariner
July 7, 2016, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 536
Unfortunately going back to the gripe of this thread...

Speaking to someone today who collected their season ticket, was told that the usual vouchers that accompany the season tickets aren't in place now due to the 'quick turnaround'.   Possible chance of some vouchers at Christmas.

Now in all honesty the vouchers are pretty crap and have got worse every year.    I can't remember the exact pub it was for but my particular favourite was a 2-4-1 voucher on selected meals...which are already 2-4-1 on the menu.  Anyway, the only benefit of the vouchers were the reduced entry vouchers - previously I used these for cup games but over time the stipulations increased and you could only use them for a few early FA Trophy games at best.   In the end I just gave them away to people who didn't have a season ticket.  Not really an incentive for myself to buy a season ticket or really a thank you/reward for my loyalty but there you go.  Off the top of my head I think the other vouchers were a cheap programme, maybe a tenner off the shirts or something like that.  I can't imagine they would ever be enough to sway anyone into buying a season ticket.

The point is though this was clearly advertised in the booklet that went out under '10 Reasons to Renew'.  "Receive DISCOUNT VOUCHERS to use throughout the season."  To advertise that and then pull it with no justification is absolutely urine poor!   To claim it's because of a quick turnaround makes it even worse, what quick turnaround?  The football season that we've had for the past 134 years?  

On some fronts this club gets it absolutely spot on and it makes me proud to be a GTFC fan.  It also makes me love the club even more.  A great example of this is the treatment they've rolled out for Graham in recent weeks.  You only had to look at his face on the pictures of him at Cheapside or last night leading the teams out, it can't fail to make you smile.   But how the hell can they get something like that, something that's quite difficult to capture and really requires a personal touch, so wonderfully right yet get something so absolutely basic so wrong?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 175
bluebottle
July 7, 2016, 2:32pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Spot on. It's not so much the vouchers as the principle of the thing.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 175
1mickylyons
July 8, 2016, 7:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Purchased mine yesterday for the Upper and it looks great in shiny red with were back on the front also got a mate of mine to buy his first ever Season ticket.It was quite busy in the ticket office but as usual I found the the staff to be brilliant.I agree with dhm though the Club seem to consistently get the little things that matter all wrong which undoes the great stuff they get right.I know I am like a stuck record BUT with a little bit of thought and effort they could have smashed all previous records for the coming Season such was the goodwill instead we have had the same old same old. Hundreds of fans due to shifts find it pointless buying a season ticket BUT would still love to help the Club and help themselves by purchasing something else and buying tickets upfront why oh why cant the Club/Trust speak on this and get it sorted GTFC are missing out on extra revenue?  C`mon Town/Trust it isn`t too late lets have a PROPER push.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 175
bax
July 8, 2016, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Purchased mine yesterday for the Upper and it looks great in shiny red with were back on the front also got a mate of mine to buy his first ever Season ticket.It was quite busy in the ticket office but as usual I found the the staff to be brilliant.I agree with dhm though the Club seem to consistently get the little things that matter all wrong which undoes the great stuff they get right.I know I am like a stuck record BUT with a little bit of thought and effort they could have smashed all previous records for the coming Season such was the goodwill instead we have had the same old same old. Hundreds of fans due to shifts find it pointless buying a season ticket BUT would still love to help the Club and help themselves by purchasing something else and buying tickets upfront why oh why cant the Club/Trust speak on this and get it sorted GTFC are missing out on extra revenue?  C`mon Town/Trust it isn`t too late lets have a PROPER push.

The Trust has already announced its talking with the club about this issue for shift workers... Should be something to announce soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 175
bax
July 8, 2016, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
As of yesterday - 1,456 season tickets now sold. Roughly 300 new sign ups.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 175
ginnywings
July 12, 2016, 1:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 175
1mickylyons
July 12, 2016, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from bax

The Trust has already announced its talking with the club about this issue for shift workers... Should be something to announce soon.

Sooner the better mate sales of 1800 now which is good going but with some real impetus we could possibly get to around 4k.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 175
bigdavemariner
July 12, 2016, 1:22pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
I'm not normally one to moan or gripe about things generally, but I've just got off the phone about a GTFC related issue while reading this thread so thought I'd post...
My sister is buying my lad (8 yrs old) a home shirt for his bday this week. We wanted his name and number printing on it, only to be told we can print it with the conference numbers and lettering because we've run out of the football league lettering.
They've also sold out of the 3rd kit and won't have more in stock while mid August.
Again it's only something small, but it's mid July, shirt and season ticket sales will be high at this time of year so will be a steady flow of people buying things at the club shop.  That name and number would have only been a tenner, but it's probably a tenner that the club won't get off me now, as it's very unlikely that I'll take the shirt back specifically for this.
Rant over as not normally one to be negative

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 175
Cloudy
July 18, 2016, 10:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
2300 sold so far and i know of many regulars who never renew until the dealine
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.