Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

OPERATION 3K

This thread currently has 35,529 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
July 5, 2016, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted from Trawler
From Lisa Piggot on Facebook:

On behalf of GTFC I would like to apologise for the delay in issuing Season Tickets.  Unfortunately we have been let down with the delivery time from the printers and we have over 1300 to process in the coming week.  They have started to arrive but in separate batches as they take time to be put together.  We had been promised they would all be with us on Tuesday 28th June.  But this did not happen after numerous email and calls they started to arrive on Friday.  We are asking supporters if the could leave it till 11th July to pick up their tickets thus giving us time to process them.  Hope you all can be patient with us and we will do everything to get this issue sorted as quickly as possible.  Thanks UTM

Fair play to Lisa in putting this out there, but it's the club who should be saying this via the website and through the Telegraph.  Not everyone is on Facebook, nor will they see this if they are.  

The other point is that the season tickets went on sale mid June, why was the order placed to arrive by the end of June?   It's not like a football club and a season has sprung upon us suddenly and someone has had an idea we might want to sell some season tickets.  The only potential difference I can think of is the badge of the Football League on the front as opposed to the National League one, although I can't recall from memory if previous tickets have had this.   This order should have gone in months and months ago with the arrival date well before the tickets went on sale.

Yes there's a fair argument that this is completely out of the clubs control and that they've been badly let down by the printers, but it's the club who chose to use these printers - not the other way round.  GTFC are employing a printing firm to provide a service.  Was any due diligence done on the printing firm?  A batch of 3,000 season ticket books is not a big print order, far from it in fact.  If the printing firm can't meet the criteria the order should have gone to a firm that could.   It's all good and well the printers promising that they will be with the club, but they weren't.  In business that's just not acceptable.  Are we professional enough to enter into contracts with providers or are we just doing it on promises?

We all want GTFC to a better, more professional and more efficient club.  From the players on the pitch to all the back-office functions that are essential, if not always recognised.  This isn't a criticism of the club for the sake of it, it's about highlighting that the club need to improve on things like this if we want to move forward.  

We're in the middle of a drive to increase season ticket holders to a level that we've not seen in nearly two decades, the basics of having the physical ticket available should be a fundamental basic.  

It doesn't make a difference to the use of the ticket, you can't use it until the first game and I completely understand that.  But if this has put off a single potential season ticket holder then it's a catastrophic error all round, in my opinion that is.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 175
friskneymariner
July 5, 2016, 2:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I always used to say during staff training,we cannot always control what happens to us,but we can control how we respond.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 175
moosey_club
July 5, 2016, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from friskneymariner
I always used to say during staff training,we cannot always control what happens to us,but we can control how we respond.

The Mary Gober "circles" written all over it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 175
mariner83
July 6, 2016, 10:38am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Tweet 750621987245002752 will appear here...

Tweet 750622127485775872 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 175
pizzzza
July 6, 2016, 10:54am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from bax
#operation3k update!

1,351 season tickets sold so far, 200 up on same time last year. 250 are new season ticket holders!

Well done Mariners Trust for getting all these people to buy season tickets that wouldn't have done otherwise.

Pats on the back all round!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 175
WittyScreenname
July 6, 2016, 10:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
I want to buy a season ticket, But I don't usually live in Grimsby (Damn university).

I'm in the process of trying to get a placement in Grimsby but I'll probably find out after the cut off date for the 'Early Bird' season ticket if i was successful, at which point it'll be cheaper for me to buy every game separately.

I'm still excited for the day when i can finally purchase my first season ticket  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 175
bax
July 7, 2016, 9:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Chance to have your season tickets delivered by members of the GTFC squad:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....02-detail/story.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 175
friskneymariner
July 7, 2016, 9:48am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from bax
Chance to have your season tickets delivered by members of the GTFC squad:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....02-detail/story.html

Be happy to have mine delivered by my postman.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 175
bax
July 7, 2016, 10:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from friskneymariner

Be happy to have mine delivered by my postman.

Are you a Trust member? Drop us an email and we might be able to help.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 175
friskneymariner
July 7, 2016, 10:46am

Champagne Drinker
Thank you for your offer Bax but already arranged for someone to pick my ticket up,but think you should you should review your policy of not posting tickets especially to those living out of Town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.