Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

OPERATION 3K

This thread currently has 35,705 views. Print
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
July 2, 2016, 6:47am
Guest User
What is happening with Operation 3K?
It seems to have died a Death?! We need Klaxons and Countdown timers to encourage people and generate season tickets!!

Offers for a Monthly ST from the trust or similar incentives. Even asking local businesses to donate ST on a Crowfunder page for the Trust to seperate, distribute or something similar. I bet there's loads of great ideas out there.

Only a month to go!! Need to get a wriggle on!! We need the Klaxon back!
Blundelluk
July 2, 2016, 7:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +80
Apparently a lot of the trust members are on holiday and obviously a couple have left so I assume numbers are low. I think it's time for the fans to really jump on the bandwagon and help the trust, especially in social media land. #O3k needs to be everywhere just like operation promotion was last season. I think over to us should be the phase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 175
bax
July 2, 2016, 8:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Blundelluk
Apparently a lot of the trust members are on holiday and obviously a couple have left so I assume numbers are low. I think it's time for the fans to really jump on the bandwagon and help the trust, especially in social media land. #O3k needs to be everywhere just like operation promotion was last season. I think over to us should be the phase.

Most of us are back now and only one has left - it will all swing back into action next week!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 9:21am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Does help after doing a 100 mile round trip to buy by ticket yesterday , being told
they had not come from the printers,and they would not post one to me,after being a season ticket holder for 18 years does not seem the loyalty is reciprocated.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 175
Garth
July 2, 2016, 9:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from friskneymariner
Does help after doing a 100 mile round trip to buy by ticket yesterday , being told
they had not come from the printers,and they would not post one to me,after being a season ticket holder for 18 years does not seem the loyalty is reciprocated.

With due respects have you got that wrong? Ive always received mine in the post I think along with the package of offers that accompany it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 10:02am

Champagne Drinker
No I argued quite strongly with them and they would not send it by post so left without one.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 10:04am

Champagne Drinker
Also failed to add that I went previous week to be told to come back yesterday,so that is 200 miles I have done cracking service.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 175
Davec
July 2, 2016, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I must say to not have them back from the printers is quite poor.

We should demand to have them back in time, if they can't meet that demand, find another company who can.

Most other clubs also sell their season tickets from February the previous season, and before people say "we didn't know what league we'll be in" well neither did Bristol Rovers amongst other clubs but they still put theirs on sale before the season even finished.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 10:32am

Champagne Drinker
They had senior and junior tickets for the Pontoon but no adult.Irony is when I went last week they said if I wanted to pay for it they would post it,yesterday two of them point blankly refused to post it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 175
Hertsmariner
July 2, 2016, 11:01am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
I must admit to being a little confused too. I sent a cheque with my renewal form as soon as the STs went on sale in early June and heard nothing thereafter. After returning from holiday on referendum day, I rang the club and they confirmed that my request was being processed. My cheque was finally cashed this week but I've had no further acknowledgement from the club by way of a confirmation e-mail with a unique identifier. However, I'm hoping to travel up to BP on the 23rd July to see the Sheffield Utd game and will bring my passport with me together with last season's ticket booklet if I don't receive an e-mail from the club before then. But maybe someone from the club can clarify what we, as ST purchasers, should otherwise do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 175
bluebottle
July 2, 2016, 11:09am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
I paid for mine and my sons on the first day they went on sale and was told at the time to come and collect from the beginning of July. Rang yesterday to arrange collection and was told that they are not ready yet. Poor service yet again .  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 175
LH
July 2, 2016, 11:14am

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
If we weren't getting them back from the printers until now why did we delay putting them on sale for two weeks after anmouncing the prices? Seems odd to me to miss out on a couple of weeks of that feel good factor.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 175
promotion plaice
July 2, 2016, 11:23am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Upper Young's season tickets are now not available until 11th July.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 175
Davec
July 2, 2016, 11:44am
Whiskey Drinker
God this is crazy

Can't this be improved up on for next season ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 175
codcheeky
July 2, 2016, 12:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

Tinpot, someone at the club must be responsible for this debacle, let's have them up in front of mariners player to tell us why and why they think they are fit to do that job.
We can't get rid of players alone because they are not up to league standard, the whole club needs to step up. WE ARE LEAGUE CLUB and that mentality and professionalism must run right through it's heart if we don't want to slip back into non league.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 175
Grimal
July 2, 2016, 12:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,857
Gold Stars: 9
I was told last thursday that I could collect my season ticket after 4th July. That's for upper Youngs,
PP. when did they tell you collect as from 11th July ?.  Someone at BP must know what date they can be collected surely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 175
Grimal
July 2, 2016, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker

I will be collecting my season ticket when they are ready, If that is before the Boston Game I can also collect yours for you FM. and meet you at Boston,if that helps.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 175
promotion plaice
July 2, 2016, 12:56pm

Quoted from Grimal
I was told last thursday that I could collect my season ticket after 4th July. That's for upper Youngs,
PP. when did they tell you collect as from 11th July ?.   Someone at BP must know what date they can be collected surely.

This morning in the club ticket office.

After waiting in a long queue I was told not to collect my season ticket for the Upper Young's until 11th July.
To be fair, the guy was very apologetic and said they had been let down by the printers.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 175
Grimal
July 2, 2016, 1:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

This morning in the club ticket office.

After waiting in a long queue I was told not to collect my season ticket for the Upper Young's until 11th July.
To be fair, the guy was very apologetic and said they had been let down by the printers.

Thanks for that PP. that will save me a trip down BP on the 4th ..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 175
HertsGTFC
July 2, 2016, 1:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
What a shame with so much starting to come together we appear to have missed something really obvious in that buying your season ticket is actually a really big thing for most and it should be something we can get excited about rather than having problems with.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 175
gobby
July 2, 2016, 1:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
When buying mine I was told that there would be no vouchers or special offers with this seasons ST. Anyone else heard this?
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 175
mariner83
July 2, 2016, 1:52pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
as long as they're ready before the 6th August does it matter if they're ready yet or not?
Can understand the frustrations of those who have travelled to be told to come back etc, but you are able to renew by phone or online  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 3:03pm

Champagne Drinker
Thanks Grimal for your offer but I shall attend a couple of friendlies so will pick it up them.

But the point is the customer service ethos of this club is dreadful,I was a Customer Service Manager for a large organisation in the public sector for 15 years and this defensive negative response was something I imbued my staff not to adopt.
Through no fault of my own I was told to return after the 1st July,whilst I appreciate that it may have been the printers fault,it would have cost the price of the postage stamp to rectify the matter.

What I do find annoying they can afford the cost of a stamp to send me Grand National Lottery tickets and promotions in the club shop,but not to send my ticket when am I spending £305 especially galling when I donated items which raised £250. in operation promotion.
Mr Fenty I am available for Customer Service Training.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 175
pizzzza
July 2, 2016, 9:29pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
What is the problem? Just pick them up before the first home game. You do not need it before.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 9:39pm

Champagne Drinker
The point is they are supposed to be reaching a target of 3000,this hardly encourages people to buy their tickets early .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 175
friskneymariner
July 2, 2016, 10:20pm

Champagne Drinker
With an attitude like that pizzza you are suitably qualified to work in the club shop.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 175
pizzzza
July 3, 2016, 3:45am

Pontoonite
With an attitude like that pizzza you are suitably qualified to work in the club shop.

As most on here will know I have been one of the harshest critics of the Club Shop/Ticket Office in the past. But on this occasion it sounds like they have been let down by a third party. But am I missing something? Why do you need it before the first game?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 175
somersetmariner
July 3, 2016, 5:02am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
The mental asylum thread   chill out guys, it's hardly a debacle. The printers were late, end of.

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 175
Trawler
July 3, 2016, 6:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
From Lisa Piggot on Facebook:

On behalf of GTFC I would like to apologise for the delay in issuing Season Tickets.  Unfortunately we have been let down with the delivery time from the printers and we have over 1300 to process in the coming week.  They have started to arrive but in separate batches as they take time to be put together.  We had been promised they would all be with us on Tuesday 28th June.  But this did not happen after numerous email and calls they started to arrive on Friday.  We are asking supporters if the could leave it till 11th July to pick up their tickets thus giving us time to process them.  Hope you all can be patient with us and we will do everything to get this issue sorted as quickly as possible.  Thanks UTM

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 175
dapperz fun pub
July 3, 2016, 7:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from pizzzza

As most on here will know I have been one of the harshest critics of the Club Shop/Ticket Office in the past. But on this occasion it sounds like they have been let down by a third party. But am I missing something? Why do you need it before the first game?

You criticised me for saying my pal told me about graham on a public forum ... Then deleted it.... Perhaps you are just a critic but just not a very good one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 175
friskneymariner
July 3, 2016, 8:22am

Champagne Drinker
No problem with that at al fully appreciate it is not the club's fault but due to the fact that this could have been alleviated by the cost of a stamp it was easy to resolve,instead of the high handed attitude I encountered that under no circumstances would they post it to me.

It is not like I needed the ticket before the first game,but having to queue on the first Sat which is undoubtedly going to be busy does not add to the day,as well as increasing the pressure on the ticket office staff.

In the circumstances given the inconvenience caused by a 100 mile wasted round trip I do not consider it unreasonable for them to post it,or are my expectations totally unreasonable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 175
Paris Mariner
July 3, 2016, 1:54pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
How many season tickets have we sold so far?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 175
Stadium
July 3, 2016, 2:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
No problem with that at al fully appreciate it is not the club's fault but due to the fact that this could have been alleviated by the cost of a stamp it was easy to resolve,instead of the high handed attitude I encountered that under no circumstances would they post it to me.

It is not like I needed the ticket before the first game,but having to queue on the first Sat which is undoubtedly going to be busy does not add to the day,as well as increasing the pressure on the ticket office staff.
In the circumstances given the inconvenience caused by a 100 mile wasted round trip I do not consider it unreasonable for them to post it,or are my expectations totally unreasonable.

I would have thought it's the minimum they would/could do.
Through no fault of your own the ST is unavailable.
I'd certainly want it in hand before the first game.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 175
friskneymariner
July 3, 2016, 2:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Thanks Stadium was beginning to think I was totally unreasonable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 175
MrFisherman
July 3, 2016, 4:20pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
Yet again the Club let their fans down with another piece of poor PR whys it so hard to for them to do anything right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 175
TAGG
July 3, 2016, 6:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
£100 late fine per ticket for the printers to be past on to us ST holders 👍 😊

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 175
friskneymariner
July 3, 2016, 8:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Paris Mariner
How many season tickets have we sold so far?

One less than we would have done.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 175
Davec
July 3, 2016, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
I know for a fact you do not receive any coupons with this years season tickets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 175
July 5, 2016, 5:48am
Guest User
Has anyone else seen or heard of Op 3K? It's been non-existent! I hope it's not part of the good ideas club!!

Last year was so much more PR involved. I can only think that the 'Driving Force' is no longer with the trust.
Shame as it was a great idea!
Reply: 38 - 175
bax
July 5, 2016, 11:02am
Table Wine Drinker
#operation3k update!

1,351 season tickets sold so far, 200 up on same time last year. 250 are new season ticket holders!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 175
diehardmariner
July 5, 2016, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,405
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Trawler
From Lisa Piggot on Facebook:

On behalf of GTFC I would like to apologise for the delay in issuing Season Tickets.  Unfortunately we have been let down with the delivery time from the printers and we have over 1300 to process in the coming week.  They have started to arrive but in separate batches as they take time to be put together.  We had been promised they would all be with us on Tuesday 28th June.  But this did not happen after numerous email and calls they started to arrive on Friday.  We are asking supporters if the could leave it till 11th July to pick up their tickets thus giving us time to process them.  Hope you all can be patient with us and we will do everything to get this issue sorted as quickly as possible.  Thanks UTM

Fair play to Lisa in putting this out there, but it's the club who should be saying this via the website and through the Telegraph.  Not everyone is on Facebook, nor will they see this if they are.  

The other point is that the season tickets went on sale mid June, why was the order placed to arrive by the end of June?   It's not like a football club and a season has sprung upon us suddenly and someone has had an idea we might want to sell some season tickets.  The only potential difference I can think of is the badge of the Football League on the front as opposed to the National League one, although I can't recall from memory if previous tickets have had this.   This order should have gone in months and months ago with the arrival date well before the tickets went on sale.

Yes there's a fair argument that this is completely out of the clubs control and that they've been badly let down by the printers, but it's the club who chose to use these printers - not the other way round.  GTFC are employing a printing firm to provide a service.  Was any due diligence done on the printing firm?  A batch of 3,000 season ticket books is not a big print order, far from it in fact.  If the printing firm can't meet the criteria the order should have gone to a firm that could.   It's all good and well the printers promising that they will be with the club, but they weren't.  In business that's just not acceptable.  Are we professional enough to enter into contracts with providers or are we just doing it on promises?

We all want GTFC to a better, more professional and more efficient club.  From the players on the pitch to all the back-office functions that are essential, if not always recognised.  This isn't a criticism of the club for the sake of it, it's about highlighting that the club need to improve on things like this if we want to move forward.  

We're in the middle of a drive to increase season ticket holders to a level that we've not seen in nearly two decades, the basics of having the physical ticket available should be a fundamental basic.  

It doesn't make a difference to the use of the ticket, you can't use it until the first game and I completely understand that.  But if this has put off a single potential season ticket holder then it's a catastrophic error all round, in my opinion that is.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 175
friskneymariner
July 5, 2016, 2:36pm

Champagne Drinker
I always used to say during staff training,we cannot always control what happens to us,but we can control how we respond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 175
moosey_club
July 5, 2016, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
I always used to say during staff training,we cannot always control what happens to us,but we can control how we respond.

The Mary Gober "circles" written all over it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 175
mariner83
July 6, 2016, 10:38am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Tweet 750621987245002752 will appear here...

Tweet 750622127485775872 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 175
pizzzza
July 6, 2016, 10:54am

Pontoonite
Quoted from bax
#operation3k update!

1,351 season tickets sold so far, 200 up on same time last year. 250 are new season ticket holders!

Well done Mariners Trust for getting all these people to buy season tickets that wouldn't have done otherwise.

Pats on the back all round!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 175
WittyScreenname
July 6, 2016, 10:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
I want to buy a season ticket, But I don't usually live in Grimsby (Damn university).

I'm in the process of trying to get a placement in Grimsby but I'll probably find out after the cut off date for the 'Early Bird' season ticket if i was successful, at which point it'll be cheaper for me to buy every game separately.

I'm still excited for the day when i can finally purchase my first season ticket  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 175
bax
July 7, 2016, 9:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Chance to have your season tickets delivered by members of the GTFC squad:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....02-detail/story.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 175
friskneymariner
July 7, 2016, 9:48am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from bax
Chance to have your season tickets delivered by members of the GTFC squad:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....02-detail/story.html

Be happy to have mine delivered by my postman.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 175
bax
July 7, 2016, 10:31am
Table Wine Drinker

Be happy to have mine delivered by my postman.

Are you a Trust member? Drop us an email and we might be able to help.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 175
friskneymariner
July 7, 2016, 10:46am

Champagne Drinker
Thank you for your offer Bax but already arranged for someone to pick my ticket up,but think you should you should review your policy of not posting tickets especially to those living out of Town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 175
bax
July 7, 2016, 11:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Thank you for your offer Bax but already arranged for someone to pick my ticket up,but think you should you should review your policy of not posting tickets especially to those living out of Town.

I don't work for the club I'm afraid. I don't have any control over policies for posting tickets (or anything else!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 175
diehardmariner
July 7, 2016, 1:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Unfortunately going back to the gripe of this thread...

Speaking to someone today who collected their season ticket, was told that the usual vouchers that accompany the season tickets aren't in place now due to the 'quick turnaround'.   Possible chance of some vouchers at Christmas.

Now in all honesty the vouchers are pretty crap and have got worse every year.    I can't remember the exact pub it was for but my particular favourite was a 2-4-1 voucher on selected meals...which are already 2-4-1 on the menu.  Anyway, the only benefit of the vouchers were the reduced entry vouchers - previously I used these for cup games but over time the stipulations increased and you could only use them for a few early FA Trophy games at best.   In the end I just gave them away to people who didn't have a season ticket.  Not really an incentive for myself to buy a season ticket or really a thank you/reward for my loyalty but there you go.  Off the top of my head I think the other vouchers were a cheap programme, maybe a tenner off the shirts or something like that.  I can't imagine they would ever be enough to sway anyone into buying a season ticket.

The point is though this was clearly advertised in the booklet that went out under '10 Reasons to Renew'.  "Receive DISCOUNT VOUCHERS to use throughout the season."  To advertise that and then pull it with no justification is absolutely urine poor!   To claim it's because of a quick turnaround makes it even worse, what quick turnaround?  The football season that we've had for the past 134 years?  

On some fronts this club gets it absolutely spot on and it makes me proud to be a GTFC fan.  It also makes me love the club even more.  A great example of this is the treatment they've rolled out for Graham in recent weeks.  You only had to look at his face on the pictures of him at Cheapside or last night leading the teams out, it can't fail to make you smile.   But how the hell can they get something like that, something that's quite difficult to capture and really requires a personal touch, so wonderfully right yet get something so absolutely basic so wrong?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 175
bluebottle
July 7, 2016, 2:32pm

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Spot on. It's not so much the vouchers as the principle of the thing.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 175
1mickylyons
July 8, 2016, 7:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Purchased mine yesterday for the Upper and it looks great in shiny red with were back on the front also got a mate of mine to buy his first ever Season ticket.It was quite busy in the ticket office but as usual I found the the staff to be brilliant.I agree with dhm though the Club seem to consistently get the little things that matter all wrong which undoes the great stuff they get right.I know I am like a stuck record BUT with a little bit of thought and effort they could have smashed all previous records for the coming Season such was the goodwill instead we have had the same old same old. Hundreds of fans due to shifts find it pointless buying a season ticket BUT would still love to help the Club and help themselves by purchasing something else and buying tickets upfront why oh why cant the Club/Trust speak on this and get it sorted GTFC are missing out on extra revenue?  C`mon Town/Trust it isn`t too late lets have a PROPER push.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 175
bax
July 8, 2016, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Purchased mine yesterday for the Upper and it looks great in shiny red with were back on the front also got a mate of mine to buy his first ever Season ticket.It was quite busy in the ticket office but as usual I found the the staff to be brilliant.I agree with dhm though the Club seem to consistently get the little things that matter all wrong which undoes the great stuff they get right.I know I am like a stuck record BUT with a little bit of thought and effort they could have smashed all previous records for the coming Season such was the goodwill instead we have had the same old same old. Hundreds of fans due to shifts find it pointless buying a season ticket BUT would still love to help the Club and help themselves by purchasing something else and buying tickets upfront why oh why cant the Club/Trust speak on this and get it sorted GTFC are missing out on extra revenue?  C`mon Town/Trust it isn`t too late lets have a PROPER push.

The Trust has already announced its talking with the club about this issue for shift workers... Should be something to announce soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 175
bax
July 8, 2016, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
As of yesterday - 1,456 season tickets now sold. Roughly 300 new sign ups.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 175
ginnywings
July 12, 2016, 1:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 175
1mickylyons
July 12, 2016, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bax

The Trust has already announced its talking with the club about this issue for shift workers... Should be something to announce soon.

Sooner the better mate sales of 1800 now which is good going but with some real impetus we could possibly get to around 4k.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 175
bigdavemariner
July 12, 2016, 1:22pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
I'm not normally one to moan or gripe about things generally, but I've just got off the phone about a GTFC related issue while reading this thread so thought I'd post...
My sister is buying my lad (8 yrs old) a home shirt for his bday this week. We wanted his name and number printing on it, only to be told we can print it with the conference numbers and lettering because we've run out of the football league lettering.
They've also sold out of the 3rd kit and won't have more in stock while mid August.
Again it's only something small, but it's mid July, shirt and season ticket sales will be high at this time of year so will be a steady flow of people buying things at the club shop.  That name and number would have only been a tenner, but it's probably a tenner that the club won't get off me now, as it's very unlikely that I'll take the shirt back specifically for this.
Rant over as not normally one to be negative

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 175
Cloudy
July 18, 2016, 10:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
2300 sold so far and i know of many regulars who never renew until the dealine
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 175
Jarmo.Is.God
July 18, 2016, 10:58am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
IMO, this isn't really an 'Operation'

not seen enough to persuade people to buy a season ticket, which is slightly disappointing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 175
davmariner
July 18, 2016, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Going to buy mine later this week. Hope they've kept back my seat from last season!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 175
bax
July 18, 2016, 11:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

not seen enough to persuade people to buy a season ticket, which is slightly disappointing

Did you go to Wembley?

That was enough for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 175
gtfc98
July 18, 2016, 11:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

IMO Jarmo is a fat lesbian but don't let that stop you from thinking he's god.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 175
1mickylyons
July 18, 2016, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bax

Any news yet bax this seems to be dragging out a bit the Season kicks off in 3 weeks?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 175
Ollie
July 18, 2016, 11:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: -3
Off to renew mine later today plus one other.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 175
Jarmo.Is.God
July 18, 2016, 11:47am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from gtfc98

IMO Jarmo is a fat lesbian but don't let that stop you from thinking he's god.

A joke about my username? how original
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 175
Les Brechin
July 18, 2016, 5:28pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

A joke about my username? how original

You have left yourself open for it though to be fair.

A simple PM to Grimrob would be enough for you to change it.  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 175
Southwark Mariner
July 18, 2016, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
only need to change one letter too. Jarmo is Cod
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 175
MuddyWaters
July 18, 2016, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Les Brechin

You have left yourself open for it though to be fair.

A simple PM to Grimrob would be enough for you to change it.  

Jarmo.Is.A.Fat.Lesbian.....looks promising
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 175
lobsterpot
July 18, 2016, 7:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Just out of interest is there anyone else on here who is a season ticket holder who hasnt yet renewed? I'm asking cos' i'm 1 of them along with a couple of others. We always wait till dadline day. Nothing to do with anything else apart from being old skool and preffering the notes sat in my bank account

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 175
moosey_club
July 18, 2016, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
So can someone summarise what the offers to date actually are with the Operation initiative ?

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 175
pizzzza
July 19, 2016, 8:59am

Pontoonite
I'll be renewing before the deadline this week. Did I read somewhere that they are not doing the discount vouchers this year? (The one I'm mainly interested in is the tenner off the new shirts).
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 175
nervous norriss
July 19, 2016, 12:09pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +21
Have just renewed 4 ticket's happy days again first class service in the club shop. The young lad who served me was saying some good news announcement about the stadium coming soon I just laughed as this is a long ongoing subject hope it is good news? Must say was disappointed with their being no discount vouchers. He also said 2000 united esupporters for Saturday so come on people let's make sure we are not out numbered by our friends from Yorkshire utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 175
chelseacity
July 19, 2016, 12:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
The past 6 years has been really nice meeting the very few away fans that have come along, though the club must have lost a lot of money on away fans being so few with the exception of our friends down the road in Lincoln. We have made many friends over the last 6 years with our courtesy shown by our fans, i would like to think that now we are back in the league we can welcome the Sheffield United fans in the same way, and remember they are bringing money to our area as well as putting money into our football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 175
Marinerz93
July 19, 2016, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chelseacity
The past 6 years has been really nice meeting the very few away fans that have come along, though the club must have lost a lot of money on away fans being so few with the exception of our friends down the road in Lincoln. We have made many friends over the last 6 years with our courtesy shown by our fans, i would like to think that now we are back in the league we can welcome the Sheffield United fans in the same way, and remember they are bringing money to our area as well as putting money into our football club.

Their only comin fer day.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 175
Civvy at last
July 19, 2016, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Marinerz93

Their only comin fer day.

But they might stay fer week 😉

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 175
Brisbane Mariner
July 19, 2016, 10:49pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from Civvy at last

But they might stay fer week 😉

But they'll ger t'shops n spend muneh on us fish n chips

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 175
bax
July 20, 2016, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Update:

#‎operation3k‬ update!
2,450 season tickets now sold which means we have 550 to go to reach 3,000. Remember we haven't sold 3,000 season tickets this century. And as a comparison this time last year, during Operation Promotion, we'd only sold around 1,800. If you haven't got yours there's still time before the early bird discount runs out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 175
lew chaterleys lover
July 20, 2016, 2:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from bax
Update:

#‎operation3k‬ update!
2,450 season tickets now sold which means we have 550 to go to reach 3,000. Remember we haven't sold 3,000 season tickets this century. And as a comparison this time last year, during Operation Promotion, we'd only sold around 1,800. If you haven't got yours there's still time before the early bird discount runs out.

We (x4) are renewing on Saturday morning. I am sure we are not the only existing season ticket holders careful with our money so to speak. I am sure it will be 3,000 or thereabouts which is a good base for home attendances.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 175
Nelly GTFC
July 20, 2016, 5:46pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Just got mine tonight, along with the 'Grimsby Town Story Book'.  Six people were queuing to get a season ticket in front of me, at least one was not a renewal.

I over heard them say over 5 grands worth of sales in the afternoon.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 175
bax
July 21, 2016, 5:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
2,600 now sold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 175
winston
July 21, 2016, 7:21pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +38
Getting my first ever season ticket tomorrow morning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 175
headingly_mariner
July 21, 2016, 8:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
I'm gonna renew tomorrow. Not sure this operation 3k thing has made any difference. I'm fairly certain we would have sold 3k anyway, it strikes me as a bit of a missed opportunity from the club to be clever with the marketing and be closer to 4K.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 175
heppy88
July 21, 2016, 9:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from bax
2,600 now sold.

Great news this. If we do get 3000 sales that will be a good achievement and a firm foundation to build attendances from during the season. Also good for the club to have some up front guaranteed income.

Also good to have what should be a bumper crowd for the friendly against Sheff Utd on Saturday. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 175
Garth
July 21, 2016, 9:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from winston
Getting my first ever season ticket tomorrow morning

Err! correction your paying I`m getting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 175
Grantham_Mariner
July 22, 2016, 9:21am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Renewed ours this morning - 3 more to the total.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 175
lobsterpot
July 22, 2016, 4:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Renewed 3 this afto and it was rammed! The lady behind the counter said it would be even busier sales wise tomoz.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 175
July 22, 2016, 6:16pm
Guest User
Anyone know what we are on?
Reply: 88 - 175
fazer11
July 22, 2016, 7:32pm

UTM!
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +51
Got mine today. First one I have had since the 11/12 season. It was great to see lots of people in there!   Does anyone know what happened to the vouchers we use to get with it? In the "we are back" season ticket book I got in the post a few weeks ago, it says that we should have got some?

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 175
heppy88
July 22, 2016, 8:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
No vouchers this year fazer11.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 175
winston
July 23, 2016, 6:05am

Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +38
Got my first ever season ticket yesterday ticket office busy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 175
lobsterpot
July 24, 2016, 6:48am

Table Wine Drinker
The only offer i got was the ' get up there II dvd for half price

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 175
WittyScreenname
July 26, 2016, 5:02pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +26
Quoted from winston
Got my first ever season ticket yesterday ticket office busy

Same here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 175
Trawler
July 27, 2016, 1:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
2841 as of 11pm last night.  Come on.  One final push

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 175
LondonMariner43
July 27, 2016, 8:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Trawler
2841 as of 11pm last night.  Come on.  One final push

Even if we don't sell 3,000, 2,841 is very good!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 175
Grantham_Mariner
July 27, 2016, 8:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
159 to go

If you buy one (or more) from today take it off the figure above.....let's have a countdown.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 175
Davec
July 27, 2016, 4:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
I know 3 people who purchased today so that is 156
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 175
LondonMariner43
July 29, 2016, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
The club have posted that we are at 2,900 tickets and won't achieve Op 3k before the early bird offer ends.  Surely Op 3k is about selling 3,000 tickets not about selling them before the promo ends.  In fact, better to sell them after the promo ends as the club gets more money.

Am i missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 175
pizzzza
July 29, 2016, 6:30pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from LondonMariner43
The club have posted that we are at 2,900 tickets and won't achieve Op 3k before the early bird offer ends.  Surely Op 3k is about selling 3,000 tickets not about selling them before the promo ends.  In fact, better to sell them after the promo ends as the club gets more money.

Am i missing something?

I have a funny feeling that they will extend the early bird offer another week...
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 175
ginnywings
July 30, 2016, 5:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Bought a season ticket today. Brother got one as well, so that's 2 more to the total.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 175
grimsby pete
July 30, 2016, 5:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Bought a season ticket today. Brother got one as well, so that's 2 more to the total.

That's 2,902 then,

Just need another 98 this week.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 175
Tinymariner
July 30, 2016, 10:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Target reached today apparently. Well done GTFC UTM

Tweet 759491863837569024 will appear here...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 175
KingstonMariner
July 30, 2016, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That's a great outcome. When you think of the level we were at the last time we hit that sort of number it's amazing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 175
heppy88
July 31, 2016, 7:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Great achievement from the Trust and to everyone who bought one!

A good foundation for support throughout the coming season, backed up by a good performance/win yesterday. Only 6 sleeps to go   UTMM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 175
moosey_club
July 31, 2016, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
astonishing from the supporters.
just think what some inventive marketing,strategic pricing and a genuine "operation" may have acheived.

Opportunity wasted IMO.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 175
headingly_mariner
July 31, 2016, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
astonishing from the supporters.
just think what some inventive marketing,strategic pricing and a genuine "operation" may have acheived.

Opportunity wasted IMO.

Completely agree, even price increases, an underwhelming pre season campaign and numerous own goals from the club couldn't stop the interest from supporters. I honestly think this has happened without any real influence from the Trust and the club, in fact I would have to say that the club's input since Wembley had a detrimental effect on numbers. Shame really because operation promotion was such a triumph for the trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 175
bax
July 31, 2016, 8:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Completely agree, even price increases, an underwhelming pre season campaign and numerous own goals from the club couldn't stop the interest from supporters. I honestly think this has happened without any real influence from the Trust and the club, in fact I would have to say that the club's input since Wembley had a detrimental effect on numbers. Shame really because operation promotion was such a triumph for the trust.

Have you any idea how much work went into Operation Promotion though? Genuine question, not a criticism. There's a reason why that level of campaign wsn't replicated this summer!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 175
headingly_mariner
July 31, 2016, 9:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from bax

Have you any idea how much work went into Operation Promotion though? Genuine question, not a criticism. There's a reason why that level of campaign wsn't replicated this summer!

It must have been tons and it made a massive difference to everyone last season. I just find it strange that there were a few announcements and talk of interesting initiatives for some fans that never materialised.
Do you think the club could have done more with pricing and promotions to really drive season ticket sales?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 175
bax
July 31, 2016, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker

It must have been tons and it made a massive difference to everyone last season. I just find it strange that there were a few announcements and talk of interesting initiatives for some fans that never materialised.
Do you think the club could have done more with pricing and promotions to really drive season ticket sales?

That's not for me to say, I'm not a club employee and hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 175
Green27
July 31, 2016, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12

Agree with Headingley. Things were missed however successful the campaign was. A few comments about things to come later never materialised the delay due to people being on holiday. TooGoodToGoDown and another member of the Trust were those who worked very hard on this campaign and deserve everyones congratulations. However very little happened in reality the club didn't really get involved a poster was about the height of the campaign. It's fantastic we achieved such a high number but it feels like we did so out of fans commitments and luck rather than the campaign. Either way its still a fantastic number.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 175
promotion plaice
July 31, 2016, 9:22pm

I think we all know that the match day price is around £4 cheaper ( adult ) when buying a season ticket and you get 10% off merchandise in the club shop.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 175
Grimbiggs
July 31, 2016, 11:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
It's a great achievement, but lazy approach by the clubs marketing, this could of easily been Operation 4K with a liitle bit of foresight and ingenuity on the clubs part...plenty of decent suggestions from myself and others included, but nothing, and the same old, same old...nothing for shift workers and the like either from the club. On the back of a promotion winning season, 4K season ticket holders could of been easily achieved, if somebody from the club had had the nous to market it properly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 175
Trawler
August 1, 2016, 7:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grimbiggs
It's a great achievement, but lazy approach by the clubs marketing, this could of easily been Operation 4K with a liitle bit of foresight and ingenuity on the clubs part...plenty of decent suggestions from myself and others included, but nothing, and the same old, same old...nothing for shift workers and the like either from the club. On the back of a promotion winning season, 4K season ticket holders could of been easily achieved, if somebody from the club had had the nuance to market it properly.

So you're suggesting that we could have got 1000 more season ticket holders for this season in L2 than the 98/99 season - our first back in the Championship after the Wembley double?  Deluded.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 175
LongEatonMariner
August 1, 2016, 8:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Jeez 3k season tickets is brilliant, far in excess of anything for years. I personally don't think the club offering priority tickets in the league trophy or a tenner off a team shirt makes much difference to people buying a ticket. We do it because of loyalty and hope, and maybe a bit of sadism too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 175
diehardmariner
August 1, 2016, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Phenomenal achievement and once again full credit to those involved with the Trust at getting this moving along, despite what appears from the outside as a lack of willingness and engagement from the club.

I think what the Trust do is superb, those involved should be genuinely proud of what they do.  But it's the club who I have a serious gripe with on this.

In the last 16 months we've seen interest in our club that hasn't been seen since 1998 (even then it was relatively short lived considering).  The Trust have done everything possible to raise the profile of the club and the fans themselves have created a mentality I never thought I would see, following Town used to be a generally negative experience!

That should have been truly capitalised on by the club.  A real opportunity to make a lasting impression.  Could we have sold more then 3,000 Season Tickets for a fourth-tier side in an economically challenged area?  Doubtful, but the club made so little effort to expand on the work of the Trust on this.

Physical season tickets not available until god knows how many weeks after they went on sale.  Then relying on a club employee to update the fans via their personal Facebook account.  
Removal of marketed vouchers from the season ticket packs.
Basic errors when 'new' season ticket holders trying to purchase tickets.
Lack of fresh incentives to get a ticket from the club.

It all adds up.  Poor, poor, poor from the club.

The price increase was fair.  We're at a higher level and the club have done well to hold the prices for so long.  But to just chuck a few quid on the tickets was utterly lazy.  We're riding the crest of a wave.  What have the club done to capitalise on that?  Nothing, they've just hoped that the existing fans would return and a few extra would come on board.

I believe in the Trust but I fear the club are just too happy to use them as a marketing tool because they're too incompetent/lazy to do something themselves.  The Trust is run by volunteers, people with other commitments and full-time jobs.  The club has actual employees to do things like the marketing.  Why is it the volunteers who are doing the marketing and promotion of the club?  
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 175
oldun
August 1, 2016, 10:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I wonder if The Commercial Dept have been successful in increasing corporate income as a result of the return to The League. It is an important part of the club's income.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 175
Bigdog
August 1, 2016, 10:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
To put it into perspective, Mansfield have only sold 1500 season tickets. Great effort by our fans..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 175
Grimbiggs
August 1, 2016, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Trawler

So you're suggesting that we could have got 1000 more season ticket holders for this season in L2 than the 98/99 season - our first back in the Championship after the Wembley double?  Deluded.

Going from a fan base of 2700 season tickets holders last season, when we've been starved of league football for so long, and when we took about 15,000 to Wembley for the play-off final, shows how many people could of been targeted. If this had been marketed straight after that play-off final, rather than a month later, the momentum and euphoria could of made the target of 4,000 achievable with the right incentives and a bit of intiative. In theory with 3000 being sold, out of the 12000 others who went to that final, we've managed to capture just 2.5%(300) of that audience alone. Bradford were able sell their adult season tickets at £149 in 2015 which was £50 cheaper than the previous year's price. It was an average of £6.50 a game. By doing so they were able to increase their season ticket holders from 15,000 to 17,500(17% increase). I'm not saying we would of been able to afford to do that, but did we actually look at the options available?....Whilst it's still a great achievement to have 3000 season ticket holders, the opportunity was there and unfortunately missed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 1, 2016, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from bax

That's not for me to say, I'm not a club employee and hindsight is a wonderful thing!

That's a brilliant diplomatic, yet telling reply.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 175
heppy88
August 2, 2016, 7:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Im reading on GTFC site now that 3000 season ticket sales have not been achieved
But all time record receipts of £600,000 have
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 175
gtfc98
August 2, 2016, 8:48am
Whiskey Drinker
bizarre really. It always seems to me as if the club are working in opposition to the Trust rather than with it. The Trust must have got the sales number from the club, so they obviously told them they'd sold above 3,000 for them to announce it had been achieved. Why then a few days later do they announce the total is only 2,901? Very odd.

On the note of the trust and the club, when will a trust member be reappointed to the club board?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 175
Mariner_09
August 2, 2016, 9:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Maybe we have sold three thousand but are lying to convince more people to buy them, I've got one as always! Can't wait for Saturday!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 175
barralad
August 2, 2016, 9:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from gtfc98
bizarre really. It always seems to me as if the club are working in opposition to the Trust rather than with it. The Trust must have got the sales number from the club, so they obviously told them they'd sold above 3,000 for them to announce it had been achieved. Why then a few days later do they announce the total is only 2,901? Very odd.

On the note of the trust and the club, when will a trust member be reappointed to the club board?

The Trust have a member on the Board of GTFC. His name is Jon Wood.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 2, 2016, 5:00pm
Meths Drinker
I think he meant a second club board member to replace Dave Roberts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 175
barralad
August 2, 2016, 5:41pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Ah I see.  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 175
gtfc98
August 2, 2016, 9:48pm
Whiskey Drinker

Yeah thats what I meant.

So have we sold 3,000 or not?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 175
August 3, 2016, 6:18am
Guest User
I genuinely feel that the Club really need to look closer at the marketing of STs. They should start this offer around Christmas with different incentives and promotions that will give people the opportunity to pay Monthly From Jan-July in order to spread the cost and be ready for the start of the season. These incentives, couple with precise timing, will inflate ST sales for 2017/18.

If we start at Christmas, we'll probably be into 1500 sales before the end of the current season.
Reply: 127 - 175
Cloudy
August 3, 2016, 6:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1542
I genuinely feel that the Club really need to look closer at the marketing of STs. They should start this offer around Christmas with different incentives and promotions that will give people the opportunity to pay Monthly From Jan-July in order to spread the cost and be ready for the start of the season. These incentives, couple with precise timing, will inflate ST sales for 2017/18.

If we start at Christmas, we'll probably be into 1500 sales before the end of the current season.

Could be but the bank may see the money in the account and demand payment for the loan. I certainly wouldn't put it past any bank these days.
We then have the issue of the money artificially at least inflating income, bang! Corporation tax plus the temptation to spend it .

I agree it needs a major overhaul but also needs some deep thinking over the pros andcons
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 175
gtfc98
August 3, 2016, 8:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Could be but the bank may see the money in the account and demand payment for the loan. I certainly wouldn't put it past any bank these days.
We then have the issue of the money artificially at least inflating income, bang! Corporation tax plus the temptation to spend it .

I agree it needs a major overhaul but also needs some deep thinking over the pros andcons

Banks would rather have you paying interest on loans than have money sat in their accounts these days! Strange world we live in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 175
Cloudy
August 3, 2016, 8:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Banks would rather have you paying interest on loans than have money sat in their accounts these days! Strange world we live in.

Not with football clubs unfortunately, they see them as very high risk
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 175
moosey_club
August 20, 2016, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Was there ever an arrangement made regards shift workers etc and partial/ discounted S.T's as previously indicated by the club/trust ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 175
Cloudy
August 20, 2016, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Was there ever an arrangement made regards shift workers etc and partial/ discounted S.T's as previously indicated by the club/trust ?

Trust emailed members about that this week
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 175
moosey_club
August 20, 2016, 7:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Trust emailed members about that this week

so nothing in place as yet then ?

meanwhile 2 home games have passed by

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 175
bax
August 20, 2016, 9:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

so nothing in place as yet then ?

meanwhile 2 home games have passed by

This was the message the Trust put out.

Previously we communicated that we were working with the club with a view to introducing a package for those fans who cannot make every game because for example they work shifts or live away and therefore a season ticket would not be appropriate. We have put several proposals forward but have not yet concluded. We will continue to work with the club on this and will hopefully get to a solution soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2016, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Thought we were in debt to John Fenty not the bank.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2016, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from bax

Previously we communicated that we were working with the club with a view to introducing a package for those fans who cannot make every game because for example they work shifts or live away and therefore a season ticket would not be appropriate. We have put several proposals forward but have not yet concluded. We will continue to work with the club on this and will hopefully get to a solution soon.

This (and Op 3000, and OP) just shows how much the Club needs the Trust at the heart of its planning and operation. And yet look what happened in Portugal.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 175
pizzzza
August 21, 2016, 8:37am

Pontoonite
Quoted from bax

This was first mooted weeks if not months ago now. Allowing shift workers to purchase a package of tickets for the next say 6 or 10 games that they are able to attend with a small discount seems sensible enough to me (I am assuming that the proposals put forward are along these lines, if not you can have this one for free). My point is how long does it take for a decision to be made? Are we going to be resurrecting this thread again in months time when nothing has happened?
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 175
BrickTop
August 21, 2016, 9:50am

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +231
On a lighter note, I picked up my season ticket yesterday so that's another added to the total. Does anyone know what the total is, at present?
UTM

"You take sugar?"
"No thank you turkish, I'm sweet enough"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 175
Civvy at last
August 21, 2016, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

I am sure it will all be in place for the new stadium 😉

I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 175
bax
August 21, 2016, 2:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

This was first mooted weeks if not months ago now. Allowing shift workers to purchase a package of tickets for the next say 6 or 10 games that they are able to attend with a small discount seems sensible enough to me (I am assuming that the proposals put forward are along these lines, if not you can have this one for free). My point is how long does it take for a decision to be made? Are we going to be resurrecting this thread again in months time when nothing has happened?

Only the club can answer that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 175
moosey_club
August 21, 2016, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

Only the club can answer that!

i thought the trust were now part of the club ?!?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 175
bax
August 21, 2016, 10:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
The Trust has a rep on the club's board, yes. But while the Trust has a great dialogue with the club, the club still makes the decisions on stuff like this as it always has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2016, 10:46pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from bax
The Trust has a rep on the club's board, yes. But while the Trust has a great dialogue with the club, the club still makes the decisions on stuff like this as it always has.

The Trust rep (or should that be two, what's happened to dave Roberts' replacement?) ought to be part of that decision-making process. If the other directors are disregarding the voice of the fans they need to move on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 175
bax
August 21, 2016, 10:51pm
Table Wine Drinker

The Trust rep (or should that be two, what's happened to dave Roberts' replacement?) ought to be part of that decision-making process. If the other directors are disregarding the voice of the fans they need to move on.

Be sensible - of course the Trust rep is part of that process. But it's not the sole voice in the process and (not speaking about this in particular) if the club feels it's not in their best interest, things don't have to happen just because Trust/fans/others think it's a good idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2016, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from bax

Be sensible - of course the Trust rep is part of that process. But it's not the sole voice in the process and (not speaking about this in particular) if the club feels it's not in their best interest, things don't have to happen just because Trust/fans/others think it's a good idea.

I know that. But we've also seen how the Major Shareholder simple didn't even consult on a key issue. On the other hand Trust led initiatives have proved successful (as you know). Do the maths.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 175
barralad
August 22, 2016, 11:53am
Mariners Trust

I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu here. I'm certain we've discussed this before and there was general acceptance that the Trust were entitled to one place on the board of GTFC but Dave Roberts was regarded highly by the club and invited on to double our representation as a one off. Jon Wood remains our rep. by virtue of our entitlement under the agreement.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 175
Civvy at last
August 22, 2016, 12:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu here. I'm certain we've discussed this before and there was general acceptance that the Trust were entitled to one place on the board of GTFC but Dave Roberts was regarded highly by the club and invited on to double our representation as a one off. Jon Wood remains our rep. by virtue of our entitlement under the agreement.

Given the nature and typical GTFC ('be sensible') type statement from Bax is there any point whatsoever in the Trust having a place as such on the board ?  That's not a pop at the trust before you all start jumping up and down. They have made massive improvements off the pitch for sure. But if the board don't have to consult them (ie EFL tropohy) then are they just there for lip service?  They could still have JF's ear without actually being on the board.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 175
Cloudy
August 22, 2016, 12:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

Given the nature and typical GTFC ('be sensible') type statement from Bax is there any point whatsoever in the Trust having a place as such on the board ?  That's not a pop at the trust before you all start jumping up and down. They have made massive improvements off the pitch for sure. But if the board don't have to consult them (ie EFL tropohy) then are they just there for lip service?  They could still have JF's ear without actually being on the board.  

I understand your statement and I feel the Trust ARE better off actually being sat at the top table even if there have been occasions ( one that we know of but a bloody big one all the same) when they have been ignored.

Having JF's ear helps but as he has shown it is only any use when he actually is prepared to listen. I would go as far as saying that applies to all the board members and not just the Trust rep
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 175
ginnywings
August 22, 2016, 12:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
JF would tell you that decisions are not solely his own, they are board decisions and the Trust have a vote on the board, the same as every other director. The whole EFL thing has somewhat muddied that perception and i think the club and/or the Trust would do well to explain why that happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2016, 12:27pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad

First I've heard that Barra.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 175
Cloudy
August 22, 2016, 12:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
IIRC correctly both Roberts and Wood were put forward by the Trust and interviewed by the board. JF stated they were impressed with both of them and although the agreement was for the Trust to have one rep, they couldnt split them and offered a seat to both.

I suspected at the time it was also to assist in the quorum numbers required and allowed John Elsom to retire.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 175
bax
August 22, 2016, 12:55pm
Table Wine Drinker

First I've heard that Barra.

It's been mentioned on here and, I believe, in the local press a few times, particuarly when they were originally appointed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 175
Davec
August 22, 2016, 3:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
This is why I am not a member of the trust...

I appreciate what the Trust try to do and the customer experience at a game has improved now end since them running the bars and the operation promotion was a complete master stroke.

But the thing what stops me is the influence they have on the clubs board, the board has shown time and time again they are out of touch with the fans, now I know there is a trust member on the board but that's not much, because say something goes to a vote, his one vote and one voice is not going to mean much to the other board members should the trust and club disagree on a certain subject. Wood would just get overpowered by Fenty, Mullen and the others. And at the end of the day whatever Fenty wants, Fenty gets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 175
ginnywings
August 22, 2016, 3:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Davec

I appreciate what the Trust try to do and the customer experience at a game has improved now end since them running the bars and the operation promotion was a complete master stroke.

But the thing what stops me is the influence they have on the clubs board, the board has shown time and time again they are out of touch with the fans, now I know there is a trust member on the board but that's not much, because say something goes to a vote, his one vote and one voice is not going to mean much to the other board members should the trust and club disagree on a certain subject. Wood would just get overpowered by Fenty, Mullen and the others. And at the end of the day whatever Fenty wants, Fenty gets.

He would tell you different but it's your prerogative whether you believe that or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 175
1mickylyons
August 23, 2016, 8:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Davec

Strange logic........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 175
lukeo
August 23, 2016, 8:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
I'd say just join the trust out of love for the club and the fact like you've said they've helped improve your match day experience.  whether you love or hate the people who run our club we have a representative on the board. Whether that's a small or big part to play doesn't matter,  most clubs fans would appreciate the chance we have got.

I don't post much on here anymore, but although we've had a tough start we all need to stick together and get behind our club. If we're in the bottom 4-5 come christmas then start to worry and express concerns
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 175
Cloudy
August 23, 2016, 8:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Davec

Surely the purpose of the Trust movement is to get more fan engagement with clubs. For me the Mariners Trust have made huge strides in particular in respect of getting things like Operation Promotion, Open Days, Young adult ticket age range changed, greater concessions for over 75's in addition to new bars in the Pontoon, the away bars revamp ( both of which mean more income for YOUR club). There are many many more.

Ask yourself if any of the above would have happened if all fans had your attitude? Would we be back in the FL? Has the club been better since the Trust involvement began?
You infer that it is just Fenty and than none of the fans have any influence.

IMO together we are stronger and YOU need to join now. Are you a season ticket holder? If so did you actually decline to join the Trust??
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 175
ginnywings
August 23, 2016, 9:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
What's happening with the Trust membership that was offered free with the purchase of a season ticket? My brother was asking me at the weekend, as he wasn't previously a member.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 175
bax
August 23, 2016, 9:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
What's happening with the Trust membership that was offered free with the purchase of a season ticket? My brother was asking me at the weekend, as he wasn't previously a member.

Waiting for club to provide Trust with list of people so we can contact them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 175
bax
August 23, 2016, 9:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Surely the purpose of the Trust movement is to get more fan engagement with clubs. For me the Mariners Trust have made huge strides in particular in respect of getting things like Operation Promotion, Open Days, Young adult ticket age range changed, greater concessions for over 75's in addition to new bars in the Pontoon, the away bars revamp ( both of which mean more income for YOUR club). There are many many more.

Ask yourself if any of the above would have happened if all fans had your attitude? Would we be back in the FL? Has the club been better since the Trust involvement began?
You infer that it is just Fenty and than none of the fans have any influence.

IMO together we are stronger and YOU need to join now. Are you a season ticket holder? If so did you actually decline to join the Trust??

Brilliant post. Having been involved with the Trust for the last three years we're in such a different place to where we were when the club was first relegated. So many positive changes - some you can see, some you can't - and some of those have been fan-led. Ask Charlton fans about fan involvement! We're extremely lucky to be able to affect some change and, as Op Prom proved, if we all stick together and work as one we can achieve really special things. With a new stadium on the horizon it's imperative we keep unified.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 175
ginnywings
August 23, 2016, 9:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from bax

Waiting for club to provide Trust with list of people so we can contact them.

Thanks, will let him know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 175
headingly_mariner
August 23, 2016, 9:28am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from bax

Brilliant post. Having been involved with the Trust for the last three years we're in such a different place to where we were when the club was first relegated. So many positive changes - some you can see, some you can't - and some of those have been fan-led. Ask Charlton fans about fan involvement! We're extremely lucky to be able to affect some change and, as Op Prom proved, if we all stick together and work as one we can achieve really special things. With a new stadium on the horizon it's imperative we keep unified.

Have the trust had the emergency meeting with the club over the Trophy issue? If so what was the outcome?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 175
bax
August 23, 2016, 9:35am
Table Wine Drinker

Have the trust had the emergency meeting with the club over the Trophy issue? If so what was the outcome?

I don't attend meetings with the club board but if you email enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk I'm sure someone who did attend will be able to accurately answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 175
Davec
August 23, 2016, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Well I am a season ticket holder and when they contact me I won't decline it, I'll give them a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 175
Cloudy
August 23, 2016, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Davec
Well I am a season ticket holder and when they contact me I won't decline it, I'll give them a chance.

I am sure they will be delighted to have you on board.

I thought the form for a season ticket had a box for you to tick? It may be that you ARE a member
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 175
Davec
August 23, 2016, 3:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
I didn't even need to fill out a form to be a season ticket holder, I just went in, showed the season ticket from last season and job done, no signing documents, no filling in forms
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 175
heppy88
August 23, 2016, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Bax I joined the Trust as part of the Operation Promotion. I havnt received a renewal, I wonder if others are in a similar position. If so the Trust will be missing out on renewal money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 175
bax
August 23, 2016, 8:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88
Bax I joined the Trust as part of the Operation Promotion. I havnt received a renewal, I wonder if others are in a similar position. If so the Trust will be missing out on renewal money.

I understand they're being worked on - as you can probably imagine it's a big job for a few volunteers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 175
Civvy at last
August 23, 2016, 8:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

I understand they're being worked on - as you can probably imagine it's a big job for a few volunteers!

Hope the new Mighty is pitching in. 😉

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 175
heppy88
August 23, 2016, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from bax

Thanks for that. Please dont think I was in anyway being critical. I realise that the Trust do a great job with limited resources. Just wanted to ensure I renewed my membership
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 175
bax
August 23, 2016, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88

Thanks for that. Please dont think I was in anyway being critical. I realise that the Trust do a great job with limited resources. Just wanted to ensure I renewed my membership

Don't worry, didn't take it that way  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 175
forza ivano
August 23, 2016, 10:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from bax

Good job they are independent of the club otherwise they might be asked to pay for the privilege!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2016, 11:04pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from bax

It's been mentioned on here and, I believe, in the local press a few times, particuarly when they were originally appointed.

Must have missed it somehow. Still one or two makes no odds if JF doesn't pay them the respect of consulting them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 175
KingstonMariner
August 23, 2016, 11:06pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Davec

All the more reason to join Dave. The bigger % of fans that join the more legitimacy the Trust has. And deeper pockets which in the long run means more influence.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 175
lukeo
August 24, 2016, 7:12am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
I'm he same. I can't actually remember how long I registered me and my grandad to the trust for,  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 175
18 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › OPERATION 3K

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.