Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

This thread currently has 31,533 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
June 19, 2016, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
]. [/quote

Should have used Biro, dries immediately [/quote]

Or pencil, that way we could rub out the original terms depending upon how they get on  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 161
Nelly GTFC
June 19, 2016, 7:43pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Quoted from Harry Haddock
Looks like Mike reads the Fishy
Not sure, but this was this afternoon >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xfgls#play

Click to 1:25 minutes onwards.  Says about the deal for Boyce this week; also no official confirmation, but Amond speaking to Hartlepool tomorrow subject to a medical, from reliable sources.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 161
RoboCod
June 19, 2016, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'd say Amond is on his way out, purely as a way to push himself and see how high he can go. To that end I do wonder if he could use the speculation to push his value and the interest in him upwards.
We know things will start moving both in and out with signings as June comes to an end, Hartlepool are maybe the first team to blink and make their targets known. Which then acts as some starting pistol for bidding, and I can't see Podge choosing Hartlepool over say Portsmouth or some other team who have been pushing hard for promotion. But use them to push up interest and wages? Why not.
Just a feeling about the above, but I'll be glad when things do get under way, and while I've learnt not to jump the gun so much I do hope we don't uncover any evidence of going cheap again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 161
Tommy
June 19, 2016, 7:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
"We're doing things on the cheap" blah blah blah "we're not offering enough money" blah blah blah.

None of you know what we're offering or what our budget is so stop overreacting.

Who's to say we won't sign players better than those leaving us?
Who's to say we aren't offering fair deals but Hartlepool (and others) are just offering more?

At least wait and see what our squad ends up like in a few weeks time before you start shatting yourselves in the middle of June.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 161
GrimRob
June 19, 2016, 7:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Amond spent two years in League 2 with Accrington and Morecambe, virtually unnoticed. Morecambe released him before he joined us. He's been good in the NL but his record at this level suggests he might not necessarily set the division alight, especially with most of his old teammates gone. No point crying over spilt milk, he'll always be remembered with fondness here!

Maybe PH's masterplan is to get someone better! No point paying daft wages for someone because you are emotionally attached to a player. He was ruthless with the retained list, that's set the trend for the close season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 161
GyMariner
June 19, 2016, 7:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Amond is 29, he wants to further his career as much as possible before it ends. I know what i would do too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 161
golfer
June 19, 2016, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We've lost Amond, Padraig Amond, I just don't think you understand, he chose to go, he's worse than Makofo, we've lost Padraig Amond.

How's that?

What the felicitations going on

Quote Wordsworth   from  the well known song  " What the felicitations going on  "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 161
robborhino
June 19, 2016, 7:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Be disappointing if he didn't resign but doesn't mean we won't get a good replacement, Michael reddy had one good season and the next barely featured (injury granted)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 161
chaos33
June 19, 2016, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GyMariner
Amond is 29, he wants to further his career as much as possible before it ends. I know what i would do too.

Indeed. I'd move to a smaller club in the same division. Oh wait......

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 161
golfer
June 19, 2016, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from golfer

Quote Wordsworth   from  the well known song  " What the felicitations going on  "

What the intercourse does felicitations mean it doesn,y rhyme
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 161
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.