Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 36 Guests

Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

This thread currently has 31,528 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
June 19, 2016, 10:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,500
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He scored 37 goals, he was a total fan favourite here. I really hope this is some weird joke and he's signed a new contract. Otherwise it doesn't look particularly good, from our out of contract players the two most valuable are off to flipping Hartlepool. Its a statement of intent to keep your best players.

It was a team that finished [/b]4th[b] in National league and a team that struggled towards the end of the season.

Toto - improved player last season still had a mistake in his game
Amond - scored 37 goals struggled towards to end of the season and it was Bogle who came to the party when we most needed it
Arnold - good on his day, but not a 90 minute player week in week out.
Tait - after a slow start to the season improved and was Mr consistent

This team up to the last 15 minutes of the Braintree away play-off game was not good enough and the fishy members were not a happy bunch.

Now we are in a higher league you want these same players to stay.

I don't know what we are offering these players to stay, but if they want to move on, for what ever reason then so be.

I want players that are keen and committed to GTFC, so we will just have to wait and see what squad Mr Husrt can assemble and get behind them.

Up to now the signs have been promising, but he will need a few rabbits out of the hat then he expected
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 161
KingstonMariner
June 19, 2016, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from easypeersy
This is all very worrying in my opinion.
I certainly wanted Tait and Arnold to stay.
I really really, really wanted Amond to stay!!!

I hope that there is some movement the other way now and we see who next year's heros are going to be.
Pre-season friendlies might have to be 5 a side at this rate!
One huge signing early this week will make us feel a lot less restless.
Boyce would certainly be a good acquisition and  someone to partner Bogle!

It's getting nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time!

Got the makings of a good lyric. I like the first verse, but the second needs a bit of work. The lines are a bit long.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 161
HertsGTFC
June 19, 2016, 10:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That, and it's not just you saying things like that, just smacks of Jilted John to me. Not that Hartlepool are cool and trendy (and certainly not better looking).

I know that Gordon is a Moron.....................He's not the only one!

The top 6 question is one that I have been touting on here for a bit TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 161
Maringer
June 19, 2016, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Perhaps Hartlepool are going to be a moneybags club this season a la Notts County the other year? Their ownership set up sounds a bit dodgy to me (probably detailed in the Panama papers!) so it wouldn't surprise me.

Otherwise, you'd expect Portsmouth to be the biggest payers with their fanbase so a move there wouldn't be any sort of surprise.

Given the service, I'd expect him to score 20 in a season at this level. He might not be the quickest or the biggest, but he does have excellent movement. Our wing play was poor for a lot of the season but he still scored loads so I don't doubt he'll do well with better service.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 161
mariner91
June 19, 2016, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261

That, and it's not just you saying things like that, just smacks of Jilted John to me. Not that Hartlepool are cool and trendy (and certainly not better looking).

I thought that but if you look at his record, he scored 2 goals against the top ten placed sides in the National League and one of those was the penalty against Braintree. That's 21 games and only a penalty against Braintree and the tap in at Eastleigh. He won't be playing teams with a defence similar to Woking's or Halifax's in L2. I'm not saying he won't be a loss, he will because he's a great finisher, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be like Darryl Clare; tore non-league to shreds but couldn't quite do it in L2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 161
KingstonMariner
June 19, 2016, 10:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mariner91

I thought that but if you look at his record, he scored 2 goals against the top ten placed sides in the National League and one of those was the penalty against Braintree. That's 21 games and only a penalty against Braintree and the tap in at Eastleigh. He won't be playing teams with a defence similar to Woking's or Halifax's in L2. I'm not saying he won't be a loss, he will because he's a great finisher, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be like Darryl Clare; tore non-league to shreds but couldn't quite do it in L2.

That could equally say as much about the service he got from the rest of the team. The fact we didn't get close to the champions yet Podge scored 37 (despite being dropped) suggests the weaknesses were in other areas of the team.

Wouldn't have been 21 games. Off the top of my head he didn't play against Tranmere away.

Anyway, everyone was ready to kiss his bottom until this rumour broke about Hartlepool. Now it's all "I don't care anyway coz she is ugly and I only went out with her because she let me finger her behind the bike shed. I reckon I can pull better."

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 161
OllieGTFC
June 19, 2016, 10:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
You never know they might get the Grimsbyitis

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 161
mariner91
June 19, 2016, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261

That could equally say as much about the service he got from the rest of the team. The fact we didn't get close to the champions yet Podge scored 37 (despite being dropped) suggests the weaknesses were in other areas of the team.

Wouldn't have been 21 games. Off the top of my head he didn't play against Tranmere away.

Anyway, everyone was ready to kiss his bottom until this rumour broke about Hartlepool. Now it's all "I don't care anyway coz she is ugly and I only went out with her because she let me finger her behind the bike shed. I reckon I can pull better."

Yeah that's very true, I don't doubt that the service should have been better at times. And yeah, won't be 21 games but it's still over 15 I would think. I would still love him to stay I just don't think he's irreplaceable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 161
immariner
June 19, 2016, 11:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Their crowds were 3900 average last year. I think, absolute stinker of a season apart, ours will be 5000+ next season. Seeing as there are financial fair play rules in League 2, you would assume that would give us a larger projected wage budget than Hartlepool.  So it seems it's simply more a case (if Amond is joining or has at any point been close to joining Hartlepool) that they see him as more integral to their side than Hurst does, as reflected in their (presumably larger or longer) contract offer. Hurst will no doubt already have other targets in mind. I wouldn't sweat it*.

*As long as we sign Michael O'Connor**. Please sign O'Connor, Hursts. I know he's not a striker, I just really want us to sign him.

**Please stay Podge, we're signing Michael O'Connor!!1!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 161
Cayman_mariner
June 20, 2016, 2:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from immariner
Their crowds were 3900 average last year. I think, absolute stinker of a season apart, ours will be 5000+ next season. Seeing as there are financial fair play rules in League 2, you would assume that would give us a larger projected wage budget than Hartlepool.  So it seems it's simply more a case (if Amond is joining or has at any point been close to joining Hartlepool) that they see him as more integral to their side than Hurst does, as reflected in their (presumably larger or longer) contract offer. Hurst will no doubt already have other targets in mind. I wouldn't sweat it*.

*As long as we sign Michael O'Connor**. Please sign O'Connor, Hursts. I know he's not a striker, I just really want us to sign him.

**Please stay Podge, we're signing Michael O'Connor!!1!

Hope you're right

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk.....35-detail/story.html

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 161
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.