Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

This thread currently has 31,398 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
June 19, 2016, 9:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Previous manager at Sligo Rovers, where he scored 17 goals in 27 games.  I bet he's off there.

Would make more sense than Hartlepool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 161
topuphere666
June 19, 2016, 9:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
99% of us want him to stay, quite rightly, 37 goal strikers don't come around very often, but if he wants paying the alleged figures mentioned then it's a case of see you later! 2-3k per week would / I assume / be a big chunk out of budget.

Quality players have come before. Quality players have gone before. Don't get too disheartened if he leaves us..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 161
Grimal
June 19, 2016, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
According to The Bunker, Hartlepools forum, someone had heard that Amond was signing for them as early as last thursday16th, I just wonder if his agent had been holding out for a better offer from somewhere else,if not us. .
One poster on there has major doubts about Toto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 161
ClarkyGTFC
June 19, 2016, 9:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +411
Gold Stars: 5
The way I see it is we have the players who have re-signed who are committed to the club and will give thier all( macca and dis )and if Hartlepool want to sign conference players that is obviously what they aspire to be. We will sign L1/L2 players because that's what we aspire to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 161
carrot top
June 19, 2016, 9:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Not too bothered if he goes. Omar needs a good strike partner as I see him being the top striker now we are in L2. Podge wasn't too impressive at the business end of the season. I realise he scored a lot of goals, but this was in the conference. Players come and go.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 161
TAGG
June 19, 2016, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
All the best to the bloke..
Scored a excrement load of goal for us, was only on a years contract (that's not his fault) so can do what he thinks best for him..

Good luck Podge but not against us though.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 161
GyMariner
June 19, 2016, 9:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
By furthering his career, i was referring to his L1 offer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 161
Mrs Doyle
June 19, 2016, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well out of them all Podge was the one most likely to leave but never did I think Hurst was going to have to do a virtually total team rebuild. Hope this week we get some decent incoming this is starting to look like the "leaving sinking ship syndrome."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 161
Japers
June 19, 2016, 9:46pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
reality is not many are privvy to information of what contracts have been offered and after initial player refusal if a second or third offer was reviewed by player and agent or given by the club.
Amond stock has never been higher and he is out of contract. So realistically there can be no surprises.
how many times have we seen a player have one good season , achieve a move and then become no more than a squad player? but his back pocket and mortgage payments become easier before drifting out the game
it does not mean that our budget is low it mean PH has £x and has suggested contracts based on players who finished behind a semi professional team in the conference. A team that never particularly challenged for the top 2 spots.
we are told there is little difference between conference and L2 and we attracted enough ex league players to come to conference Grimsby so the contracts must be attractive enough.
The euphoria of promotion is still around but remember this was also a team at the back end of the season had a huge inconsistent period.
As always in the managers judgement we must rely and would a transition season of flirting with the play offs be that bad?
within the next 2 weeks there will be more players looking for contracts then contracts available.

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 161
KingstonMariner
June 19, 2016, 10:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC
This post just sets up the "Hurst Out" brigade before the season is out, get a grip FFS. On Tuesday Twitter was saying Podge was signing for Cambridge.

If he goes to Hartlepool the fine they will have Magnay, Toto, Oates and Podge all good players in non league football. That possibly underlines Hartlepools ambition. Please don't lets get hung up on this lot like we have done other teams in the past. Focus on getting behind our new signings when they arrive.

I love Podge he was great for us last season but penalties apart how many goals did he score against the top 6 or so sides in the National League? What does that tell you? Also he had to come down to non league for a reason.

How does anyone know what we are offering? Maybe we are offering deals that agents don't expect rather than players. These deals could be toned down to protect the club. Why would you offer massive pay rises to players after all those years in the wilderness it would be stupid.

The manager has a good record at spotting talent and indeed he brought in the 3 mentioned above who's departure (or potential in the case of Podge) has triggered such emotion. PH has done it before and he will do it again.

Like I have said in previous posts there will be better players than we finished the season with who currently have deals about to finish, just watch this space we will get better than what we have for reasonable money.  

That, and it's not just you saying things like that, just smacks of Jilted John to me. Not that Hartlepool are cool and trendy (and certainly not better looking).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 161
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Amond move to Hartlepool (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.