Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 259 Guests

THAT decision......

This thread currently has 15,391 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
May 21, 2015, 12:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Joyce you illegitimate. if you ever have to ref at BP again, i hope you are given Hell. Furious 😡😡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
timmo
May 21, 2015, 12:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner

I wouldn't want you refereeing any games I was involved in then.

No doubt I've officiated much higher games than you've been involved with.

That's the beauty of football, it's all opinions.

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
FishOutOfWater
May 21, 2015, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ska face
Everyone sitting comfortably? Calm? Have a go on this then -

https://www.facebook.com/roy.charlton.14/videos/1638698116341626/

I'm fewmin m8.

Merely confirms my suspicion at the time that Joyce is a gutless bottle job and he's cost us. Big time. AGAIN.

The ball is going in. The defender is never getting anywhere close. Puddy's deliberately handled outside his area. There's no choice to be made. He has to go.

I'm trying to remember if Joyce consulted his linesman or not - that footage doesn't really make it clear but it should have been something for discussion imho

Joyce was way behind play when the incident occurred but the assistant was more or less in line with things and he flagged immediately he saw Puddy stick out his hand

Standing where he was, he might well have had a good view on the trajectory of Palmers attempt...maybe it would have gone in, maybe it wouldn't have done but without doubt it was headed towards an open goal

The wind or spin might have meant it went wide but looking at the footage no defender would probably have got back so it all hinges on the ball being deliberately handled by Puddy

To my mind, there's no question that it was a goal scoring opportunity and as such "deserved" a red but Joyce seems arbitrarily to have chosen to interpret the situation and the occasion as one and IF what Palmer says he said to him, that he didn't want to spoil the game, he certainly managed to spoil the outcome of our 49 game season  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 70
Chrisblor
May 21, 2015, 2:50pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
While Ross Joyce is an absolute male masturbator, I'm not sure posting his e-mail address and phone number (even if they may be in the public domain) is a good idea. If he suddently receives a load of abusive messages it's not going to reflect well on us.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
ginnywings
May 21, 2015, 2:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Chrisblor
While Ross Joyce is an absolute male masturbator, I'm not sure posting his e-mail address and phone number (even if they may be in the public domain) is a good idea. If he suddently receives a load of abusive messages it's not going to reflect well on us.

Agreed. Take it on the chin and move on.

I hope he doesn't come back to BP for a long time as i fear for him if he does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
Les Brechin
May 21, 2015, 3:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
There's no point dwelling on things. However unfair it seems it's happened and that's the end of it and however long we keep moaning about things, they're not going to order the game to be replayed are they, so lets just move on. Hopefully all the players offered new contracts will sign them and we go again next season. I'm just a little bit concerned that Pearson and Nsiala may have alerted some League 2 clubs to them after their performances last Sunday.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
headingly_mariner
May 21, 2015, 3:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Chrisblor

probably right, deleted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
Abdul19
May 21, 2015, 4:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from mariner91

Congratulations! You have been promoted to refereeing in the Vanarama Conference. Your fixture list for the coming season will be with you in 4 weeks.

4 weeks?! I think you're giving the bloke in his shed a bit too much credit there!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
topuphere666
May 22, 2015, 7:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from timmo

No doubt I've officiated much higher games than you've been involved with.

That's the beauty of football, it's all opinions.

Timmo
UTM

J

Willy waving at its finest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
Theimperialcoroner
May 22, 2015, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
My dads bigger than your Dad.

Talking of willy waving, as a consequence of my own reffing career, I've seen David Platt naked.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.