Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 277 Guests

THAT decision......

This thread currently has 15,377 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
May 20, 2015, 8:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
The reason it IS handball is because the keeper spread his arms out to make himself bigger.

Ever noticed that these days defenders in the area put their arms behind their back when trying to stop a shot or cross. This is to stop giving away a penalty.

If you put your arms out you are intentionally trying to stop the ball with your hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
The_Chief
May 20, 2015, 11:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +302
Quoted from timmo
i'm confused... where in the Laws Of Association Football does it say if the keeper handles the ball outside the box its a sending off offence?

Timmo

UTM

Timmo, you can tell I lead a sad life, hand ball and "interpretation" - it comes under Law 12 "interpretation of the laws of the game" - fouls and missconduct.

With regards to handball the referee must take the following into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the football (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the football (unexpected ball)

Disciplinary sanctions
A caution is given for unsporting behaviour when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player deliberately handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession.

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

I'm actually seething now, especially if the ref did not send the player off to "spoil" the game.  I would have had no problem whatsoever if we had seen that game out 1-0 or won it 2-0 or 3-0.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
timmo
May 21, 2015, 12:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from The_Chief

Timmo, you can tell I lead a sad life, hand ball and "interpretation" - it comes under Law 12 "interpretation of the laws of the game" - fouls and missconduct.

With regards to handball the referee must take the following into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the football (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the football (unexpected ball)

Disciplinary sanctions
A caution is given for unsporting behaviour when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player deliberately handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession.

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

I'm actually seething now, especially if the ref did not send the player off to "spoil" the game.  I would have had no problem whatsoever if we had seen that game out 1-0 or won it 2-0 or 3-0.

Agreed, as a qualified ref completing 100's of games, the quote which is confusing me is if a keeper handles it outside the box he is dismissed regardless...

Personally I don't think he should have been sent off... I haven't seen it back or seen the incident other than 100yards away. I thought Mr Joyce had a good game.

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
Maringer
May 21, 2015, 6:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from timmo

Personally I don't think he should have been sent off... I haven't seen it back or seen the incident other than 100yards away. I thought Mr Joyce had a good game.

Timmo
UTM

So, Puddy saving a shot with his hand outside the box (and deliberately saving it with his hand - it didn't just hit him) doesn't count as preventing a goal or obvious goalscoring opportunity?

What was it, then? Basketball?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Meza
May 21, 2015, 7:03am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
This is the problem with refs nowadays and probably the reason why they get so much stick is because they don't follow the letter of the law but interpret their own law.  Puddy should have walked end of.....do you think he would have walked if it was against Man U etc....of course he would.

And i don't think McKeown should have walked either i saw the incident very well and Taylor went down well after McKeown touched the ball.

Whichever way you look at it we were robbed end of.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
mariner2000
May 21, 2015, 7:23am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
On the two Magnay cards the way I say his yellow was the he foolishly got involved with a BR player who was pushing and shoving him so Magnay pushed and shoved him back.  If the ref had actually picked up the foul by the BR player Magnay would not have reacted and would not have been booked....Another poor decision but more IFS and BUTS
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 45 - 70
gobby
May 21, 2015, 8:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
I felt Puddy should have walked for DOGSO. Macca did make contact with Taylor's ankle and if the player had gone down with less drama he may have got the penalty. But the handball in the second half for a penalty for Town that Joyce clearly saw but waved away was just as bad as the keepers handball. 3 bad decisions in a game of this magnitude for me results in a bad day at the office for Joyce. Saying that from the stands and in real time it looked like he had a decent game, unfortunately TV and replays say different.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Lambretta Mariner
May 21, 2015, 8:49am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Quoted from timmo

Agreed, as a qualified ref completing 100's of games, the quote which is confusing me is if a keeper handles it outside the box he is dismissed regardless...

Timmo
UTM

I wouldn't want you refereeing any games I was involved in then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
ginnywings
May 21, 2015, 8:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
It was either deliberate handball or it wasn't. Once Joyce booked him, then he decided it was a deliberate handball and therefore should have been a sending off. I have absolutely no doubt about it but he seemed to have come up with some half way law of his own. If he'd said that yes it was handball but in his opinion not a DOGSO, then i could maybe understand but he has compounded it with his lame, half a$$ed reason, the spineless fecker.

Apart from that, it seems that we never get the benefit of dodgy decisions, which is also galling. If the Ref is going to make a mistake (which invariably happens at this level) why the eff can't we get a game changer in our direction for once?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Rodley Mariner
May 21, 2015, 8:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
He didn't deny a clear goal scoring opportunity - Palmer had got his shot off. The question therefore is did he deny a goal and I haven't seen a camera angle which answers that. If Joyce wasn't sure it was on target then he could only really give a yellow. Ultimately it doesn't really matter sadly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.