Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

THAT decision......

This thread currently has 15,387 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
May 17, 2015, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Sussexmariner

It's not a case of even themselves out, Magnay sent off or not, McKeownn off or not is an opinion of the ref, right or wrong but he gave a yellow card to their goalie so he accepted he handled the ball deliberately outside the box, if he thought it was accidental he would of given nothing. So what was the yellow card for? Handball by the goalie outside the box, a straight red, end of

There's no interpretation in this, just like if he gives 2 yellow cards to a player, he has to send the player off, he has no "opinion or interpretation" in that decision,

I'm still fuming

It's hard to disagree. If the ref thought the ball to arm contact was purely accidental, then why book the keeper? It's red or it's nothing, surely?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
Teestogreen
May 17, 2015, 8:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
To be honest - the appointment of that referee for this play off final, after the Gateshead debacle last season, needs to be investigated (given the outcome of this game and the manner of it) because it is bringing the Vanarama Conference League in to disrepute i.m.o.  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
supertown
May 17, 2015, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Robbed and I'm gutted, that was a red full stop and yet again we have lost to inept refereeing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
SamTheMariner
May 17, 2015, 9:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
I was in a bad position to judge but Ollie's reaction suggested it was goal bound and that it hit his arm, if both are true then it's pretty unbelievable he wasn't dispatched.

Then again I thought Gregor bundled over Taylor in the box.

I thought Taylor dived as he went down easily and it just didn't look right.

Maybe Taylor should also have been sent off for A, the kicking out at Macca early on, B, the dive, C, descent any two of those 3 and he's gone.

I think we all just have to accept it wasn't our day and however bad we feel, JP must feel much, much, much worse.

Maybe next year, C'mon Town!

Grimsby 'Til I Die

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
carrot top
May 17, 2015, 9:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Hand ball outside the box by a goalkeeper is not an auto red unles it prevents a goal scoring opportunity, IMO it did but sadly it is down to the refs interpretation. Palmers shot did look goal bound but the officials bottled it

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
topuphere666
May 17, 2015, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Just watched it back..

How on earth did he stay on the pitch!?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
mariner91
May 17, 2015, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from topuphere666
Just watched it back..

How on earth did he stay on the pitch!?

Are the highlights on the internet? Or did you record it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
Sussexmariner
May 20, 2015, 2:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Having just plucked up the courage to watch the game I recorded, I'm still flipping fuming about the blatant handball, instant dismissal, no ifs, no buts, no need for the ref to "interpret" the the law regarding a goal keeper handling outside his area.

This is going to be a long summer

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
mariner91
May 20, 2015, 2:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Is the footage anywhere on the internet? I still haven't seen it since the game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
big al
May 20, 2015, 2:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
It's either a red or nothing at all. There's some bloke on the 'Gas bag' thing stating that it was accidental handball. He's a qualified referee and giving a long drawn out reason why it was 'ball to hand' and not 'hand to ball'. I'd find the link but I can't be bothered.

My thinking is that as Puddy stormed out of his area, he's acting like a keeper - his instinct is to save the ball. Even if his hands are by his sides he is still seeking to stop it - it's highly likely that he will indeed,  stop the ball. Inside the area, it's a great stop - outside the area, it has to be a premeditated and cynical act that would require his sending off.

(if the ball's not heading for the goal I guess there is a case to argue that a goal scoring chance wasn't denied - I haven't seen it yet on video and couldn't tell from where we were at Wembley whether it was heading for the goal)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.