Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 180 Guests

THAT decision......

This thread currently has 15,386 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
May 17, 2015, 6:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I think the thing that saved the keeper from a red was the fact that the ball hit his arm after hitting
him on the waistline, i might be wrong, but i think that a red for a keeper is for deliberate hand ball
outside the box, i was as gutted as everyone, but i think it would be harsh to say that it was deliberate.
I am probably in the minority, but i thought the ref had a decent game, didn't fall for that disgusting play acting
by Taylor after he almost decapitated our keeper and didn't fall for the dive that many would have when
Taylor went down after being one on one with McKeown.It was  poetic justice that Taylor got his black eye
when diving to get  a penalty.
I feel equally devastated as all GTFC  fans will, we were the better side, the players gave it their all, but the lack
of quality forwards and ideas in the final third has cost us again IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
ginnywings
May 17, 2015, 6:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
The TV pundits mostly agreed it should have been a red and i concur. Denying a goalscoring opportunity is a straight red bit it matters not now. We lost and they are celebrating what is a very good achievement by them in going back up at the first attempt. We should be so lucky; another season at least in the dregs.

These close games hang on such moments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
forza ivano
May 17, 2015, 7:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
These things even themselves out.pn another day with a worse ref mckeownn could be gone and we had no reserve keeper.also magnay should've been sent off for two yellows
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
HertsGTFC
May 17, 2015, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
It just had to be that ref though!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
Green27
May 17, 2015, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Yeah they even up. I remember last year when Ross Joyce didn't send Neilson off for having no contact with a player hmmm

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
mariner91
May 17, 2015, 7:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,606
Gold Stars: 260
He's stopped a shot heading towards goal with his arm outside of his area. It's a clear and obvious red card. If a goalkeeper stopping a shot at goal is not considered a goal scoring chance then I give up trying to interpret the rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2015, 8:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
The first big decision went their way - let's be in no doubt. Goalie handballs outside the area is a straight red, there was absolutely no doubt about it, any decisions after that are superfluous as the game may have evolved differently. The reason Mckeown didn't walk was because Joyce needed to even it up.

Bottom line is that when a ref needed to follow the rules, he didn't have the balls to do so. Story of Town's recent history sadly.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
Sussexmariner
May 17, 2015, 8:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from forza ivano
These things even themselves out.pn another day with a worse ref mckeownn could be gone and we had no reserve keeper.also magnay should've been sent off for two yellows

It's not a case of even themselves out, Magnay sent off or not, McKeownn off or not is an opinion of the ref, right or wrong but he gave a yellow card to their goalie so he accepted he handled the ball deliberately outside the box, if he thought it was accidental he would of given nothing. So what was the yellow card for? Handball by the goalie outside the box, a straight red, end of

There's no interpretation in this, just like if he gives 2 yellow cards to a player, he has to send the player off, he has no "opinion or interpretation" in that decision,

I'm still fuming

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Chrisblor
May 17, 2015, 8:55pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Ross Joyce is a a gutless girl private and he bottled this decision. The effort was on target, their defenders weren't going to get back and it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. Bristol are cheats and they can intercourse right off..

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
Abdul19
May 17, 2015, 8:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
I could sort of understand it if he'd waved play on, but once he's given a foul for deliberate handball (stopping a shot) then it's a red card, that's the law isn't it? He seems to have made his own up.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › THAT decision......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.