9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
The amount of personal abuse PH has taken on here tonight. We're all gutted but get a grip. We could be Lincoln or Wrexham. Reminds me of when people were anti slade and look how that turned out. flipping babyish behaviour by people who should have followed town long enough to have a bit more perspective
Logged Offline
Private Message
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 10:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Most of you clicking on this thread will have been hoping it's anti Hurst. Sorry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 88
ackomariner
March 14, 2015, 11:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Vance Warner
The amount of personal abuse PH has taken on here tonight. We're all gutted but get a grip. We could be Lincoln or Wrexham. Reminds me of when people were anti slade and look how that turned out. flipping babyish behaviour by people who should have followed town long enough to have a bit more perspective

Wouldn't get half as much if he held his hands up and said....yeah big mistake made by me today and sorry to the team and the fans.....but no, he thinks things went ok.

If your not drunk off with his ineptness of his tactics with twenty mins to go then give your head a wobble

We're not lincoln or Wrexham ....were Grimsby town trying for top spot

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 88
pontoonlew
March 14, 2015, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
balderdash.

You set your targets by the achievements you have throughout the season. So saying 'we could be Lincoln or Wrexham' so what? So what if we could? When Manchester United failed so badly last season, do you think they consoled themselves by saying 'oh well, at least we weren't relegated like Fulham'? After every calamitous Hurst tactical decision that costs us a game (or stops us getting into one, as happens more regularly) do you really expect people to sit back and say 'oh yeah, it could be worse we could be Lincoln'. I find the truly negative ones are the people like yourself, who are just happy to settle for whatever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 88
March 14, 2015, 11:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Vance Warner

balderdash, none is personal. He is an employee of GTFC who has one job. Just one.
Reply: 4 - 88
Abdul19
March 14, 2015, 11:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Yeah good point. We could be starving kids in Mali or somewhere.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 88
March 14, 2015, 11:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
balderdash.

You set your targets by the achievements you have throughout the season. So saying 'we could be Lincoln or Wrexham' so what? So what if we could? When Manchester United failed so badly last season, do you think they consoled themselves by saying 'oh well, at least we weren't relegated like Fulham'? After every calamitous Hurst tactical decision that costs us a game (or stops us getting into one, as happens more regularly) do you really expect people to sit back and say 'oh yeah, it could be worse we could be Lincoln'. I find the truly negative ones are the people like yourself, who are just happy to settle for whatever.

Like this, sorry it seems you beat me to it.
Reply: 6 - 88
TAGG
March 14, 2015, 11:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Vance Warner

balderdash.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 88
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 11:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

balderdash, none is personal. He is an employee of GTFC who has one job. Just one.

He's been called all sorts of things tonight that are undoubtedly personal. It seems he's got more than one job, get town promoted AND appease people who want him to fail. If we don't get promotion it's time for a change but to change manager now would be ridiculous (the last time I remember us doing it we got nicky law in). 12 hours ago we were talking about how the support was going to get us promoted. We've drawn away from home the laughing mariner is smirking and all is not lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 88
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 11:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Wouldn't get half as much if he held his Dr hands up and said....yeah big mistake made by me today and sorry to the team and the fans.....but no, he thinks things went ok.

If

How many good bosses in any walk of life admit when they're wrong. It's frustrating but as soon as you admit you're wrong you've had it. He doesn't claim glory when he gets it right so why should he crucify himself when he gets it wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 88
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.