9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
The amount of personal abuse PH has taken on here tonight. We're all gutted but get a grip. We could be Lincoln or Wrexham. Reminds me of when people were anti slade and look how that turned out. flipping babyish behaviour by people who should have followed town long enough to have a bit more perspective
Logged Offline
Private Message
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 10:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Most of you clicking on this thread will have been hoping it's anti Hurst. Sorry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 88
ackomariner
March 14, 2015, 11:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Vance Warner
The amount of personal abuse PH has taken on here tonight. We're all gutted but get a grip. We could be Lincoln or Wrexham. Reminds me of when people were anti slade and look how that turned out. flipping babyish behaviour by people who should have followed town long enough to have a bit more perspective

Wouldn't get half as much if he held his hands up and said....yeah big mistake made by me today and sorry to the team and the fans.....but no, he thinks things went ok.

If your not drunk off with his ineptness of his tactics with twenty mins to go then give your head a wobble

We're not lincoln or Wrexham ....were Grimsby town trying for top spot

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 88
pontoonlew
March 14, 2015, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
balderdash.

You set your targets by the achievements you have throughout the season. So saying 'we could be Lincoln or Wrexham' so what? So what if we could? When Manchester United failed so badly last season, do you think they consoled themselves by saying 'oh well, at least we weren't relegated like Fulham'? After every calamitous Hurst tactical decision that costs us a game (or stops us getting into one, as happens more regularly) do you really expect people to sit back and say 'oh yeah, it could be worse we could be Lincoln'. I find the truly negative ones are the people like yourself, who are just happy to settle for whatever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 88
March 14, 2015, 11:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Vance Warner

balderdash, none is personal. He is an employee of GTFC who has one job. Just one.
Reply: 4 - 88
Abdul19
March 14, 2015, 11:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Yeah good point. We could be starving kids in Mali or somewhere.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 88
March 14, 2015, 11:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
balderdash.

You set your targets by the achievements you have throughout the season. So saying 'we could be Lincoln or Wrexham' so what? So what if we could? When Manchester United failed so badly last season, do you think they consoled themselves by saying 'oh well, at least we weren't relegated like Fulham'? After every calamitous Hurst tactical decision that costs us a game (or stops us getting into one, as happens more regularly) do you really expect people to sit back and say 'oh yeah, it could be worse we could be Lincoln'. I find the truly negative ones are the people like yourself, who are just happy to settle for whatever.

Like this, sorry it seems you beat me to it.
Reply: 6 - 88
TAGG
March 14, 2015, 11:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Vance Warner

balderdash.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 88
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 11:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 75

balderdash, none is personal. He is an employee of GTFC who has one job. Just one.

He's been called all sorts of things tonight that are undoubtedly personal. It seems he's got more than one job, get town promoted AND appease people who want him to fail. If we don't get promotion it's time for a change but to change manager now would be ridiculous (the last time I remember us doing it we got nicky law in). 12 hours ago we were talking about how the support was going to get us promoted. We've drawn away from home the laughing mariner is smirking and all is not lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 88
Vance Warner
March 14, 2015, 11:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Wouldn't get half as much if he held his Dr hands up and said....yeah big mistake made by me today and sorry to the team and the fans.....but no, he thinks things went ok.

If

How many good bosses in any walk of life admit when they're wrong. It's frustrating but as soon as you admit you're wrong you've had it. He doesn't claim glory when he gets it right so why should he crucify himself when he gets it wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 88
GrimRob
March 14, 2015, 11:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
People have such short memories,.The fact that we have just won four games is almost forgotten.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 88
March 14, 2015, 11:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from Vance Warner

He's been called all sorts of things tonight that are undoubtedly personal. It seems he's got more than one job, get town promoted AND appease people who want him to fail. If we don't get promotion it's time for a change but to change manager now would be ridiculous (the last time I remember us doing it we got nicky law in). 12 hours ago we were talking about how the support was going to get us promoted. We've drawn away from home the laughing mariner is smirking and all is not lost.

No Vance, just one job.
Reply: 11 - 88
TAGG
March 14, 2015, 11:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
People have such short memories,.The fact that we have just won four games is almost forgotten.

Hello Mrs Hurst isn't it your bed time yet????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
mariner91
March 14, 2015, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from GrimRob

No it isn't forgotten. It's arguably the most galling thing about it. Unbelievably good opportunity to make it 5 wins on the trot (when did we last do that?!), make up more ground on rivals and put ourselves in a great position on a great run of form and his clueless substitution costs us the game. It's the not admitting that he got it wrong that is scary though. Either he can't see that it cost us the game (truly terrifying) or he doesn't want to admit he's wrong. Whichever it is, it doesn't bode well for the future. In the past I've defended PH when he has made tactical errors by saying he is young and still learning but he clearly isn't and more worryingly doesn't seem to want to learn either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 88
March 15, 2015, 12:00am
Guest User
I can see why PH went 4-5-1, but they were so poor and they were there for the taking. We sat back, when at 2-0 I really think we could have gone on to win 3-0 or maybe 4 or 5-0. His perspective has won us many away points this season, generally because it's a pub league in my opinion and the worst since we've been in this cesspit of football.

Hurst? I can take him or leave him, truth be told. He doesn't inspire me, I don't know the bloke at all. Hope our lads will run through walls for him, or if not for themselves.

Very disappointed  tonight, hope he doesn't hide come Monday in the Telewag as he needs to explain that loss of points IMO.
Reply: 14 - 88
LH
March 15, 2015, 12:08am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
The sane amongst are disappointed. We get over it and we move on. Stick together!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2015, 12:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
The sane amongst are disappointed. We get over it and we move on. Stick together!

And the insane?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
TownSNAFU5
March 15, 2015, 12:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,850
Gold Stars: 42
It takes a number of qualities for a man to admit he made a mistake.

To deny the obvious encourages the same mistake to be repeated.  In fact you can only make the same mistake once.  You are a volunteer from the second time onwards as it is avoidable.  

Hurst is too stubborn to change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 6:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Sorry if the truth hurts but as the Chester fans sang 2-0 and we fecked it up or rather Hurst did. Taking a Striker off and deciding to try to shut up shop so early was all the incentive they needed only one player up front meant there defence pushed right up and put our defence under constant presure it was so obvious even after there first goal yet he continued until the inevitable happened and tbh they could have won it. So bloody frustrating when we have players in abundance up front GGGGGggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  

BTW COULD NOT FAULT THE PLAYERS THEY TRIED THERE  BEST BUT BOY SORRY HURST BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW  ATTACK IS ALSO ANOTHER FORM OF DEFENCE. IT GIVES YOUR OWN DEFENCE A BREAK.  

PROBABLY COST US A TITLE SHOT BUT THEN AGAIN YOU NEVER ADMITTED WE HAD ONE,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 6:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Sorry if the truth hurts but as the Chester fans sang 2-0 and we fecked it up or rather Hurst did. Taking a Striker off and deciding to try to shut up shop so early was all the incentive they needed only one player up front meant there defence pushed right up and put our defence under constant presure it was so obvious even after there first goal yet he continued until the inevitable happened and tbh they could have won it. So bloody frustrating when we have players in abundance up front GGGGGggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  

BTW COULD NOT FAULT THE PLAYERS THEY TRIED THERE  BEST BUT BOY SORRY HURST BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW  ATTACK IS ALSO ANOTHER FORM OF DEFENCE. IT GIVES YOUR OWN DEFENCE A BREAK.  

This, good post

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Not just us see it read this and weep hurst.

"Pleased with all the players today, and the effort they put in. Nice to have a team that never gives up, but glad they took Palmer off!"

"I bet their manager is regretting taking Oli Palmer off, he was a quality player for them and we struggled to handle him. They probably thought they had the game won."

"Absolutely, big mistake that smile.gif"

"Grimsby fans are furious on their Forum with their Manager for the Subs - The abuse is quite comical.

I was glad to see the back of Palmer but I think as they weakened their side we were to strengthen ours.

Great end to end game. cityscarf.gif"

LOL I wonder if when the managers shook hands after the game Chesters said to Hurst "Cheers Paul."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
MuddyWaters
March 15, 2015, 8:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

Well, the truth is it would have been 5 but for his negative tinkering.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
Vance Warner
March 15, 2015, 8:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well, the truth is it would have been 5 but for his negative tinkering.

Not really because his negative tinkering has secured at least a couple of those wins. I'm coming across as a massive Hurst lover and I'm really not, I just think the reaction on here is ridiculous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
MuddyWaters
March 15, 2015, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Vance Warner

Not really because his negative tinkering has secured at least a couple of those wins. I'm coming across as a massive Hurst lover and I'm really not, I just think the reaction on here is ridiculous

Really? Which two? The 1-0 home wins against the mighty Telford and Braintree? Wowser.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
The reaction is because at 2-0 up and with most of the second half to go you do not switch off and go 4,5,1 when you have the opposition on the ropes. Credit to Chesters manager he see this went all out to attack and to be honest most of the play was our half desperately defending.

Another point is we are absolutely desperate to get out this league everyone knows we have the players here to do that well nearly everyone like I said earlier THIS TITLE IS FOR THE TAKING IT JUST NEEDS SOMEBODY TO GO FOR IT. There's cautious and stupidity with 20 minutes left to play you are asking a great deal of the defence,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
lukeo
March 15, 2015, 9:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,306
Gold Stars: 135
I can just see it now
Wembley play off final.
Grimsby take an early lead to make it Grimsby 1 Barnet 0
5 minutes in the manager of Grimsby brings off the scorer for a defender
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
gaz57
March 15, 2015, 9:18am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Would Hurst accept that level of incompetence from his employees?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 15, 2015, 9:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Vance Warner

Never!

The negative tinkering almost cost the wins in two of those games, it certainly didn't secure them. The Chester reaction shows what wrong thinking this was. We are not competing in Europe here with super squads on both sides where tactics can mean everything. We are trying to get out of non-league the easiest way possible, as champions. There was a chance we could do it but two points lost by Hurst playing at being Mourinho has made that almost impossible.

Yes there were 4 wins but surely this game was there for the taking to make it 5. The players and the supporters were denied that by a mistake from a manager who was either chicken or trying to be too clever. Either way he should hold his hands up to an error that could prove very costly in the end and come back to haunt him. There will be some ripe comments on the Fishy if we were to miss out on the title by two points next month and some even riper ones if we slip up any more and miss the play offs altogether.

Success is built on momentum. We have a manager who keeps hold of the hand brake at all times. My gut feeling is that promotion could still be achieved but it would be in spite of, not because of, his tactical abilities.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2015, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
How come the players seem completely immune from any responsibility for throwing away a two goal lead? Even if it was a tactical intercourse-up they should have seen it out and to suggest the manager denied them the opportunity of a victory is bullshit even if he clearly shoulders some or even the majority of the blame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
Garth
March 15, 2015, 9:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Spin it how you like,  as a manager you take the credits when you win through good management, but also you are not above criticism when in the opinion of the majority you`ve cocked up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2015, 9:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Garth
Spin it how you like,  as a manager you take the credits when you win through good management, but also you are not above criticism when in the opinion of the majority you`ve cocked up

I thought the players got some or even most of the credits when we won?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 88
grimsby pete
March 15, 2015, 10:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I never give personal abuse to Hurst,

Unless you say  " he is too defensive minded "  abuse,

Good managers make mistakes but they learn from them,

Lets see if Hurst has learnt anything from yesterday,

By the sound of his  interview he does not feel he made a mistake,

Ask Steve Burr if he was happy with our change of formation,

I bet he could not believe his eyes and thought,

" Now we have got a chance of getting something out of this game "  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 88
pontoonlew
March 15, 2015, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from gaz57
Would Hurst accept that level of incompetence from his employees?

I dare say that would depend on who it was...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 88
arryarryarry
March 15, 2015, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

How many good bosses in any walk of life admit when they're wrong. It's frustrating but as soon as you admit you're wrong you've had it. He doesn't claim glory when he gets it right so why should he crucify himself when he gets it wrong

As a boss I have to say that that comment is complete and utter bollox.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 88
DickBarton
March 15, 2015, 12:12pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from Vance Warner

The abuse is only for this week. No abuse last few weeks, they've been in hiding because we've been winning, we draw away and they come crawling out, Next week when we win they will creep back. I was there yesterday with the other thousand or so and came out deflated. I also saw how gutted the players were at the end too. I'm sure Paul Hurst is gutted too but he has to put a brave face on it. Imaging coming out and reacting in an interview like some fishy' reacting tonight. Note the moaners and How quite they are when we win. Some have even wished we lose out of spite for Paul Hurst.
Keep positive
Paul Hurst will get us promoted this season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 88
gtfc82
March 15, 2015, 12:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from DickBarton

And if he does, I'm sure all Town fans will congratulate him. However incidences like yesterday keep doubts in people's minds!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 88
LH
March 15, 2015, 12:57pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from KingstonMariner

And the insane?

Sit muttering about percentages and how it is still a good result. Although still get over it and back the team next week.  
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 88
barralad
March 15, 2015, 3:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

This belief in the lack of culpability of the players is naive in the extreme. Their first goal came because we didn't cut out a cross which then deceived our normally excellent centre halves and wasn't caused by any change in formation. The second goal was down to an individual error with an attacker getting the wrong side of a normally superb defender.
The players are getting off very lightly...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 88
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2015, 3:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from barralad

This belief in the lack of culpability of the players is naive in the extreme. Their first goal came because we didn't cut out a cross which then deceived our normally excellent centre halves and wasn't caused by any change in formation. The second goal was down to an individual error with an attacker getting the wrong side of a normally superb defender.

Absolutely. I've read some suggestion that PH robbed the players of the opportunity of a win. Utterly ludicrous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 88
ginnywings
March 15, 2015, 3:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

But we shouldn't have been pinned back defending when we were coasting to the point of the substitution. I bow to your first hand knowledge as i wasn't there but talking to someone last night who was there, he made that very point when i asked if the blame was just as much with the players.

He said the substitution changed the whole mindset of the team and it was noticeable that we were short of outlets with Pittman up front on his own. Yes, the players have to take some of the blame but for me the change Hurst made was wrong. JT mentioned on the radio that he was in conversation with Doig before the change, so maybe he has to take some flack as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 88
jonnyboy82
March 15, 2015, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from DickBarton

The abuse is only for this week. No abuse last few weeks, they've been in hiding because we've been winning, we draw away and they come crawling out, Next week when we win they will creep back. I was there yesterday with the other thousand or so and came out deflated. I also saw how gutted the players were at the end too. I'm sure Paul Hurst is gutted too but he has to put a brave face on it. Imaging coming out and reacting in an interview like some fishy' reacting tonight. Note the moaners and How quite they are when we win. Some have even wished we lose out of spite for Paul Hurst.
Keep positive

Just LOL.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 88
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 15, 2015, 4:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

That's the detail of the goals alright Barra, quite correct there mate. But the point is that the changes altered the whole course of the game. From being on the way to at least 2-0 if not 3-0 the team was immediately put on the back foot, inviting pressure. Mistakes were frankly inevitable. So yes, the players who made mistakes are to blame but the responsibility lies with the manager who put them in that situation.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 88
barralad
March 15, 2015, 9:21pm
Mariners Trust

That's the detail of the goals alright Barra, quite correct there mate. But the point is that the changes altered the whole course of the game. From being on the way to at least 2-0 if not 3-0 the team was immediately put on the back foot, inviting pressure. Mistakes were frankly inevitable. So yes, the players who made mistakes are to blame but the responsibility lies with the manager who put them in that situation.

The view that only changes made by our manager can alter games is completely unfair (and bordering on arrogant) to the opposition. It is all supposition but if Hurst hadn't changed it and the goals had still come he'd have been roasted for not countering their threat.
They were 2-0 down at home what manager wouldn't think they'd nothing to lose...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 88
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 9:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

The view that only changes made by our manager can alter games is completely unfair (and bordering on arrogant) to the opposition. It is all supposition but if Hurst hadn't changed it and the goals had still come he'd have been roasted for not countering their threat.
They were 2-0 down at home what manager wouldn't think they'd nothing to lose...

Well it happened in this game.....sad maybe......but true barra

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 88
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 10:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DickBarton

Keep positive

You don't half talk some shite, and stir shite too

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 88
DickBarton
March 16, 2015, 4:21am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

You don't half talk some shite, and stir shite too

abuse and swearing again for being positive.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 88
ackomariner
March 16, 2015, 9:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DickBarton

abuse and swearing again for being positive.

Grow up man ffs

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 88
MuddyWaters
March 16, 2015, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DickBarton

Keep positive

Thanks John  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 88
arryarryarry
March 16, 2015, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thanks John  

I was wondering that as well.  
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 88
jonnyboy82
March 16, 2015, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was wondering that as well.  

Hmmm . Our dickbarton does resemble our John on here a bit to much  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 88
grimsby pete
March 16, 2015, 12:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from DickBarton

Keep positive

If Hurst had come out and said ,  " I thought I did the right thing at the time but I made a mistake "

There would be hardly any posts on here calling him,

He must learn from his mistakes, if he does he might make a good manager,

At the moment he his only a decent manager in charge of a good team.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 88
MuddyWaters
March 16, 2015, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

The name is a bit of a giveaway. The special agent bit not the male private!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 88
DickBarton
March 17, 2015, 7:15am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Grow up man ffs

A well thought out constructive comment.

Where do you get your intelligence from.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 88
DickBarton
March 17, 2015, 7:17am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

If Hurst had come out and said ,  " I thought I did the right thing at the time but I made a mistake "

There would be hardly any posts on here calling him,

He must learn from his mistakes, if he does he might make a good manager,

At the moment he his only a decent manager in charge of a good team.

Agreed

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 88
DickBarton
March 17, 2015, 7:19am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thanks John  

Your welcome

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 88
TAGG
March 17, 2015, 7:20am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DickBarton

You are GYFR so why don't you go away again and give is all a break 😜

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 88
DickBarton
March 17, 2015, 7:22am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 88
ackomariner
March 17, 2015, 9:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DickBarton

Yeah ok john, go bore someone else will ya

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 88
ackomariner
March 17, 2015, 9:27am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Been flushed out...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 88
DickBarton
March 17, 2015, 4:13pm

Snakebite drinker
Does it really matter who I am?

Surely what really matters is that we all get behind the team and the manager. A nice bit of banter is healthy too as long as it doesn't get abusive.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 88
FishOutOfWater
March 18, 2015, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DickBarton

Surely what really matters is that we all get behind the team and the manager. A nice bit of banter is healthy too as long as it doesn't get abusive.

UTM

Sussed it! You're Jimmy Bullard...    
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 88
ska face
March 18, 2015, 1:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from DickBarton

UTM

Does it matter? Well given that you've already been instructed to stop posting on here because you've proven yourself to be utterly incapable of engaging with fans without a Category 5 shitstorm happening, I'd say yes - it is important.

Even this weekend, you've jumped in & managed to insult fans! Are you actually being serious with this? I can't quite get my head around someone in your position acting in this manner REPEATEDLY!

Until you can put together some kind of strategic communications plan for engaging with fans (ideally one that doesn't involve you arguing with fans after a couple of bottles of vino), maybe you should just stick to reading the board?

So, as I mentioned yesterday before you had my post removed - perhaps now is the time to salvage what little dignity you have left & log out?
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
ska face
March 18, 2015, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
That's assuming you are Fenty, of course. If you're not, then I couldn't give a fiddler's intercourse.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 2:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ska face

Does it matter? Well given that you've already been instructed to stop posting on here because you've proven yourself to be utterly incapable of engaging with fans without a Category 5 shitstorm happening, I'd say yes - it is important.

Even this weekend, you've jumped in & managed to insult fans! Are you actually being serious with this? I can't quite get my head around someone in your position acting in this manner REPEATEDLY!

Until you can put together some kind of strategic communications plan for engaging with fans (ideally one that doesn't involve you arguing with fans after a couple of bottles of vino), maybe you should just stick to reading the board?

So, as I mentioned yesterday before you had my post removed - perhaps now is the time to salvage what little dignity you have left & log out?

LOL! I love it. Abuse me more!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 2:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ska face
That's assuming you are Fenty, of course. If you're not, then I couldn't give a fiddler's intercourse.

Let's all meet in the upper Findus on Saturday and have a group hug.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 2:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ska face

I must seek your advice on a strategic communication plan. You excel in that field

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
ska face
March 18, 2015, 2:42pm

Vodka Drinker
5 years (and counting) in the conference.

I'll leave it at that, John.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 3:07pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ska face

Does that mean the group hug is off?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
cleethorpes_mariner
March 18, 2015, 3:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from ska face

Sorry to spoil your day but its NOT John (from the horses mouth)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
sonik
March 18, 2015, 3:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1

Sorry to spoil your day but its NOT John (from the horses mouth)

As the the title of this thread suggests! Unbelievable.  LOL!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
ska face
March 18, 2015, 3:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Good to see.

What's truly unbelievable then is that there's someone out there getting off on stringing people on to think he's Fenty.

*shudder*
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:08pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ska face

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:12pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:14pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The name is a bit of a giveaway. The special agent bit not the male private!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:14pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Yeah ok john, go bore someone else will ya

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:16pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

Been flushed out...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from ska face

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 6:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Is the group hug still on or off?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 88
sonik
March 18, 2015, 7:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from DickBarton
Is the group hug still on or off?

Please grow up. Enough is a enough. It's wearing thin now!

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 88
Rodley Mariner
March 18, 2015, 8:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from sonik

UTM!

Don't talk to your brother like that  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 88
DickBarton
March 18, 2015, 10:00pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from sonik

UTM!

I wasn't inviting you!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 88
highcliff mariner
March 19, 2015, 12:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
!st time ive logged on since Sat . after reading the bottom 3/4 threads , i'm glad i never .
We drew a game and this board decends into utter tripe . Cant wait for Saturday to come .

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 88
barralad
March 19, 2015, 1:09pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from DickBarton

I wasn't inviting you!

Ridiculous now...you are doing a pretty good job of alienating those of us who thought you might have had a point at the start of this nonsense..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 88
Jarmo.Is.God
March 19, 2015, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
the last 2 seasons and this season we have been in the play-off mix near enough all the way through the season.

Wrexham, Gateshead, Halifax have all been in them before and could more than likely miss out this season.

We are not in a bad position at all, just sometime the manner or the points being lost over rules how well we are actually doing.

with 20 mins to go on saturday, i actually thought we are in with a major shout for the title.

i now think we are just about in with a shout, 1 sub has made such a difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 88
rancido
March 19, 2015, 4:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face
Good to see.

What's truly unbelievable then is that there's someone out there getting off on stringing people on to think he's Fenty.

*shudder*

I don't think I have seen anything in male private Barton's posts that imply he was JF - just some fans jumping to conclusions ( what's new ! ). As far as I know GYFR wasn't instructed to stop posting on here but chose to because of the abuse he was getting - and who could blame him. It just seems so sad that supposed " intelligent " fans can't put together coherent arguments without having to resort to abuse.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 88
DickBarton
March 20, 2015, 11:14am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from rancido

I don't think I have seen anything in male private Barton's posts that imply he was JF - just some fans jumping to conclusions ( what's new ! ). As far as I know GYFR wasn't instructed to stop posting on here but chose to because of the abuse he was getting - and who could blame him. It just seems so sad that supposed " intelligent " fans can't put together coherent arguments without having to resort to abuse.

On several posts I have staed that I have supported GTFC since 1972 and that I have a season ticket in the upper Findus. i have always been positive about the team, Paul Hurst and John Fenty, as a result I have had endless abuse with some concluding that I was John Fenty. At first I thought this was amusing and sat back and smiled and posted ridiculouse responses to amuse myself and those who knew it wasn't John Fenty. Since then there has been a stream of vile abuse that has made me feel quite sick at times. Everyone has read these vile posts and know who wrote them. They hopefully will learn a lesson from this and stop this vitriolic abuse toward John Fenty, Paul Hurst or toward anyone in fact. We all have the right to criticise others but common decency and self respect should prevent a tirade of abuse towards other people.

We have so much in common, we all love GTFC with a passion, we want to get back into the league. We can only do this is we stick together and support the team and those in charge. It doesn't mean of course that we have to like individuals. John Fenty, Paul Hurst and the players are not perfect, they will make mistakes just like everyone of us will. Let's understand that, and be more tolerant toward others who may have a different view but who have the same goal, to get promotion. Banter, especially with a bit of humor is fantastic and that's why we read and post on the fishy. I for one love that side of things.

So, let's keep right behind the team right to the end of the season and get out of the mess we're in. If we fail, don't let it be because we the supporters, who are the life blood of the club and bigger than any individual, didn't get behind the team. Individuals come and go when the time is right. Supporters are here forever.

Keep positive

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 88
rancido
March 20, 2015, 4:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from DickBarton

On several posts I have staed that I have supported GTFC since 1972 and that I have a season ticket in the upper Findus. i have always been positive about the team, Paul Hurst and John Fenty, as a result I have had endless abuse with some concluding that I was John Fenty. At first I thought this was amusing and sat back and smiled and posted ridiculouse responses to amuse myself and those who knew it wasn't John Fenty. Since then there has been a stream of vile abuse that has made me feel quite sick at times. Everyone has read these vile posts and know who wrote them. They hopefully will learn a lesson from this and stop this vitriolic abuse toward John Fenty, Paul Hurst or toward anyone in fact. We all have the right to criticise others but common decency and self respect should prevent a tirade of abuse towards other people.

We have so much in common, we all love GTFC with a passion, we want to get back into the league. We can only do this is we stick together and support the team and those in charge. It doesn't mean of course that we have to like individuals. John Fenty, Paul Hurst and the players are not perfect, they will make mistakes just like everyone of us will. Let's understand that, and be more tolerant toward others who may have a different view but who have the same goal, to get promotion. Banter, especially with a bit of humor is fantastic and that's why we read and post on the fishy. I for one love that side of things.

So, let's keep right behind the team right to the end of the season and get out of the mess we're in. If we fail, don't let it be because we the supporters, who are the life blood of the club and bigger than any individual, didn't get behind the team. Individuals come and go when the time is right. Supporters are here forever.

Keep positive

UTM

It's unbelievable that some posters could give a red cross to this post.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 88
barralad
March 20, 2015, 4:50pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from rancido

It's unbelievable that some posters could give a red cross to this post.

Says more about them than Mr Barton...Twas ever thus....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 88
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.