This thread currently has 11,067 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 14, 2015, 11:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
People have such short memories,.The fact that we have just won four games is almost forgotten.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 88
March 14, 2015, 11:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from Vance Warner

He's been called all sorts of things tonight that are undoubtedly personal. It seems he's got more than one job, get town promoted AND appease people who want him to fail. If we don't get promotion it's time for a change but to change manager now would be ridiculous (the last time I remember us doing it we got nicky law in). 12 hours ago we were talking about how the support was going to get us promoted. We've drawn away from home the laughing mariner is smirking and all is not lost.

No Vance, just one job.
Reply: 11 - 88
TAGG
March 14, 2015, 11:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from GrimRob
People have such short memories,.The fact that we have just won four games is almost forgotten.

Hello Mrs Hurst isn't it your bed time yet????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 88
mariner91
March 14, 2015, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,244
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from GrimRob

No it isn't forgotten. It's arguably the most galling thing about it. Unbelievably good opportunity to make it 5 wins on the trot (when did we last do that?!), make up more ground on rivals and put ourselves in a great position on a great run of form and his clueless substitution costs us the game. It's the not admitting that he got it wrong that is scary though. Either he can't see that it cost us the game (truly terrifying) or he doesn't want to admit he's wrong. Whichever it is, it doesn't bode well for the future. In the past I've defended PH when he has made tactical errors by saying he is young and still learning but he clearly isn't and more worryingly doesn't seem to want to learn either.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 88
March 15, 2015, 12:00am
Guest User
I can see why PH went 4-5-1, but they were so poor and they were there for the taking. We sat back, when at 2-0 I really think we could have gone on to win 3-0 or maybe 4 or 5-0. His perspective has won us many away points this season, generally because it's a pub league in my opinion and the worst since we've been in this cesspit of football.

Hurst? I can take him or leave him, truth be told. He doesn't inspire me, I don't know the bloke at all. Hope our lads will run through walls for him, or if not for themselves.

Very disappointed  tonight, hope he doesn't hide come Monday in the Telewag as he needs to explain that loss of points IMO.
Reply: 14 - 88
LH
March 15, 2015, 12:08am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
The sane amongst are disappointed. We get over it and we move on. Stick together!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 88
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2015, 12:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
The sane amongst are disappointed. We get over it and we move on. Stick together!

And the insane?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 88
TownSNAFU5
March 15, 2015, 12:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
It takes a number of qualities for a man to admit he made a mistake.

To deny the obvious encourages the same mistake to be repeated.  In fact you can only make the same mistake once.  You are a volunteer from the second time onwards as it is avoidable.  

Hurst is too stubborn to change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 88
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 6:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Sorry if the truth hurts but as the Chester fans sang 2-0 and we fecked it up or rather Hurst did. Taking a Striker off and deciding to try to shut up shop so early was all the incentive they needed only one player up front meant there defence pushed right up and put our defence under constant presure it was so obvious even after there first goal yet he continued until the inevitable happened and tbh they could have won it. So bloody frustrating when we have players in abundance up front GGGGGggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  

BTW COULD NOT FAULT THE PLAYERS THEY TRIED THERE  BEST BUT BOY SORRY HURST BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW  ATTACK IS ALSO ANOTHER FORM OF DEFENCE. IT GIVES YOUR OWN DEFENCE A BREAK.  

PROBABLY COST US A TITLE SHOT BUT THEN AGAIN YOU NEVER ADMITTED WE HAD ONE,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 88
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 6:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Sorry if the truth hurts but as the Chester fans sang 2-0 and we fecked it up or rather Hurst did. Taking a Striker off and deciding to try to shut up shop so early was all the incentive they needed only one player up front meant there defence pushed right up and put our defence under constant presure it was so obvious even after there first goal yet he continued until the inevitable happened and tbh they could have won it. So bloody frustrating when we have players in abundance up front GGGGGggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  

BTW COULD NOT FAULT THE PLAYERS THEY TRIED THERE  BEST BUT BOY SORRY HURST BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW  ATTACK IS ALSO ANOTHER FORM OF DEFENCE. IT GIVES YOUR OWN DEFENCE A BREAK.  

PROBABLY COST US A TITLE SHOT BUT THEN AGAIN YOU NEVER ADMITTED WE HAD ONE,

This, good post

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.