This thread currently has 11,132 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not just us see it read this and weep hurst.

"Pleased with all the players today, and the effort they put in. Nice to have a team that never gives up, but glad they took Palmer off!"

"I bet their manager is regretting taking Oli Palmer off, he was a quality player for them and we struggled to handle him. They probably thought they had the game won."

"Absolutely, big mistake that smile.gif"

"Grimsby fans are furious on their Forum with their Manager for the Subs - The abuse is quite comical.

I was glad to see the back of Palmer but I think as they weakened their side we were to strengthen ours.

Great end to end game. cityscarf.gif"

LOL I wonder if when the managers shook hands after the game Chesters said to Hurst "Cheers Paul."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
MuddyWaters
March 15, 2015, 8:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob
People have such short memories,.The fact that we have just won four games is almost forgotten.

Well, the truth is it would have been 5 but for his negative tinkering.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
Vance Warner
March 15, 2015, 8:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well, the truth is it would have been 5 but for his negative tinkering.

Not really because his negative tinkering has secured at least a couple of those wins. I'm coming across as a massive Hurst lover and I'm really not, I just think the reaction on here is ridiculous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
MuddyWaters
March 15, 2015, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Vance Warner

Not really because his negative tinkering has secured at least a couple of those wins. I'm coming across as a massive Hurst lover and I'm really not, I just think the reaction on here is ridiculous

Really? Which two? The 1-0 home wins against the mighty Telford and Braintree? Wowser.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The reaction is because at 2-0 up and with most of the second half to go you do not switch off and go 4,5,1 when you have the opposition on the ropes. Credit to Chesters manager he see this went all out to attack and to be honest most of the play was our half desperately defending.

Another point is we are absolutely desperate to get out this league everyone knows we have the players here to do that well nearly everyone like I said earlier THIS TITLE IS FOR THE TAKING IT JUST NEEDS SOMEBODY TO GO FOR IT. There's cautious and stupidity with 20 minutes left to play you are asking a great deal of the defence,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
lukeo
March 15, 2015, 9:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I can just see it now
Wembley play off final.
Grimsby take an early lead to make it Grimsby 1 Barnet 0
5 minutes in the manager of Grimsby brings off the scorer for a defender
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
gaz57
March 15, 2015, 9:18am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Would Hurst accept that level of incompetence from his employees?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 15, 2015, 9:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Vance Warner

Never!

The negative tinkering almost cost the wins in two of those games, it certainly didn't secure them. The Chester reaction shows what wrong thinking this was. We are not competing in Europe here with super squads on both sides where tactics can mean everything. We are trying to get out of non-league the easiest way possible, as champions. There was a chance we could do it but two points lost by Hurst playing at being Mourinho has made that almost impossible.

Yes there were 4 wins but surely this game was there for the taking to make it 5. The players and the supporters were denied that by a mistake from a manager who was either chicken or trying to be too clever. Either way he should hold his hands up to an error that could prove very costly in the end and come back to haunt him. There will be some ripe comments on the Fishy if we were to miss out on the title by two points next month and some even riper ones if we slip up any more and miss the play offs altogether.

Success is built on momentum. We have a manager who keeps hold of the hand brake at all times. My gut feeling is that promotion could still be achieved but it would be in spite of, not because of, his tactical abilities.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
Rodley Mariner
March 15, 2015, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
How come the players seem completely immune from any responsibility for throwing away a two goal lead? Even if it was a tactical intercourse-up they should have seen it out and to suggest the manager denied them the opportunity of a victory is bullshit even if he clearly shoulders some or even the majority of the blame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
Garth
March 15, 2015, 9:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Spin it how you like,  as a manager you take the credits when you win through good management, but also you are not above criticism when in the opinion of the majority you`ve cocked up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unbelievable

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.