8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 6, 2015, 10:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
I haven't done any Hurst bashing for a few days.

I am now counting the days to the end of the season to see how it pans out. My guess is that we will fall just short again and he will move on to bore another set of fans somewhere in Yorkshire.

I do however, genuinely hope he succeeds in getting us back in the League and then of course he will deserve another go at it. He seems to have fallen into the Marmite category as did Slade.

I don't like Marmite either.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
Garth
March 6, 2015, 10:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from headingly_mariner

For me clay is easily a better prospect, his workrate is excellent and commitment to challenges has put a bit of bite in our midfield, he can pass and makes clever runs forward. But for having a couple of injuries I think he would have been the main starter in the middle this season. He is an intelligent footballer and I think he may really improve with us if he stays.

Clay and Mac are two different styles of players and IMO suit different formations Clay 442 and Mac 433, whilst we are playing 442 Clay is obviously Hurst choice and IMO the right one, Paddy needs to play competitive football to satisfy everyone that he will be ready if needed at Wembley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
nickmariners
March 6, 2015, 10:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +519
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Rubbish.

He could go out on loan play every game score in every game and come back and still not get a game.

He has not got a future here and we know it,  hurst would much rather have clay who I still to this day have no idea what anyone sees in him play ahead of him.

Regarding hurst bashing , I'm not bashing him I'm saying I don't like him never will and that's my opinion.

Well, that's cleared that issue up then.  Thank goodness you're not bashing him.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
arryarryarry
March 6, 2015, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No. It's just that for several people the manager's decisions are sometimes questionable. There are plenty of  "non-Hurst bashing" threads. The minute you get down to discussing players and tactics then there's got to be room for debate and disagreement.

So someone reports something about a player. That's news. But hey, that information is available through other channels and this is a message board where people post opinions. What are they expected to say. "Oh, that's interesting" and leave it at that? Or can people express an opinion provided it's of the "good decision by Hurst" variety?

I'm not so sure that the argument that it's a good thing Paddy is going to get game time holds much water. If he were a youngster that needed building up I can understand, or if he was coming back from a long term injury. In this case it smacks more of "player not wanted." If he's that far down the pecking order he can be released on loan, it's not likely he'll be called back to slot into the team, match fit or not.

As for not changing a winning team....will someone tell Paul Hurst that?

That's exactly how I see it especially at this time of the season.

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
promotion plaice
March 6, 2015, 11:05am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
BIGChris
March 6, 2015, 11:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Paddy hasnt even been able to make the bench for the last couple of games so IMO makes loads of sense to get him out on loan and get some game time
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
jonnyboy82
March 6, 2015, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from headingly_mariner

For me clay is easily a better prospect, his workrate is excellent and commitment to challenges has put a bit of bite in our midfield, he can pass and makes clever runs forward. But for having a couple of injuries I think he would have been the main starter in the middle this season. He is an intelligent footballer and I think he may really improve with us if he stays.

Well as they say football is about opinions and that is yours.

But mine is he is nothing as what you have described as above.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
barralad
March 6, 2015, 6:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's all very well monitoring players in training, but it's what they do in competitive games that really counts. Some players just turn it on for real games and some fade in them. So for me, I'm happy that people judge a player by what they see in competitive games, not what the manager might see in training.

Sorry, I'm struggling with the assertion that the views of people about a players worth (I'm assuming you mean some fans) have somehow more credence than those of the professional manager who sees what they do in a training situation.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
grimsby pete
March 6, 2015, 6:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Paddy will sign for the likes of Gateshead next season,

AND

Will have a really good season imo,

I just hope we are not in this league to see him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
chaos33
March 6, 2015, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Well I'm off to the Harrogate game tomorrow as it's 20 mins away.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paddy Mc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.