8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
March 5, 2015, 2:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
IMO Paddy is a decent footballer BUT can only be accommodated in a central midfield 3. If the manager and other players prefer to play 4-4-2 then he would never be anymore than a bit part player.

The way PH sets up his sides midfield players have to cover ground and work back, be physically strong and competitive.

Not sure why we signed him. For me he is one attribute away from being very good. He needed to add workrate, heading ability or pace
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 73
Les Brechin
March 5, 2015, 2:28pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Is that four lads out on loan at the minute then? Humble,winfarrah,walker and now paddy. Does this mean a new arrival soon?

Hamish Watson as well.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 73
BIGChris
March 5, 2015, 2:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
Is Ellis still out on loan. I know he was at Matlock but thought that was a few months ago???
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 73
The Singing Fisherman
March 5, 2015, 2:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from Les Brechin

Hamish Watson as well.

Oh yeah forgot about hamish. Gotta be someone coming in surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 73
AlanPoutonsTackle
March 5, 2015, 2:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from Chrisblor
I think Hurst has treated him poorly so I can't blame him for wanting to go out and play some games. I am surprised nobody in our division was interested in taking him though. He offers a lot more than Clay, Brown on recent form and especially Parslow in central midfield. He can score goals from that position as well - something our other central midfielders seriously struggle with, Disley aside.

How do you mean Hurst has treat him poorly. Have I missed something

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 73
Southwark Mariner
March 5, 2015, 2:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
has someone made a footballer up? Wikipedia says we have Philip Anderson on loan from Mansfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 73
The Singing Fisherman
March 5, 2015, 2:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from BIGChris
Is Ellis still out on loan. I know he was at Matlock but thought that was a few months ago???

I could be wrong about humble. My bad. Watson,winfarrah,walker and paddy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 73
BIGChris
March 5, 2015, 2:52pm
Season Ticket Holder

I could be wrong about humble. My bad. Watson,winfarrah,walker and paddy

Not saying you are. Just not heard anything about him for ages
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 73
AlanPoutonsTackle
March 5, 2015, 3:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
has someone made a footballer up? Wikipedia says we have Philip Anderson on loan from Mansfield

No such player at Mansfield. At least not in the first team squad

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 73
Chrisblor
March 5, 2015, 3:25pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle

How do you mean Hurst has treat him poorly. Have I missed something

He played him out of position at the start of the season, then played him as part of a midfield three with Brown and Clay for 3 games. In those 3 games we won 6-1, 7-0 and were all over Aldershot and should have been ahead before John-Lewis got himself sent off for a daft second yellow and caused us to change formation. Since then, McLaughlin has mainly featured as a sub, and he's only played 54 minutes in the league since October! Hurst has been on record saying that unfavoured players need to impress him when they get a chance in the squad - McLaughlin's last start came in the Trophy against Gateshead when he scored a great goal and was one of our better performers. What does Hurst do after that? He drops him!

One of the biggest reservations supporters have this season is the lack of entertainment and the defensive manner in which we set up at home. If Hurst had been more adventurous, stuck with the midfield 3 which saw some of our best performances this season and played McLaughlin in central midfield a bit more I reckon we wouldn't have thrown anywhere near as many points away at home. Of course this isn't something I can quantify, is only my opinion and by no means am I suggesting he's a world beater, but I'd certainly be a bit miffed if I was McLaughlin - especially when certain players find themselves in the starting 11 every game regardless of how poor or ineffective their recent performances have been.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.