Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is Hurst smoking?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 322 Guests

What is Hurst smoking?

This thread currently has 16,859 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
February 16, 2015, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,496
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ginnywings

Been saying that for 2 months now though. This is the time of year that matters and he's stopped scoring.

He scored against Barnet. That was less than a month ago.

Anyway, regardless of that, it's a pity about Palmer's injury as the two looked to be forming a decent partnership. Could be important for Palmer to get back fit and then stay fit as soon as possible.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 122
SamTheMariner
February 16, 2015, 3:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Quoted from ackomariner

I'm not back onto the " Lenny isn't good enough bus" again.........I've always stated that he's not good enough

Hurst won't drop him because he's backed him to the hilt over the last two years, and built this team around him. As I've stated loads of times before on here, as long as hurst keeps him as the number one striker were going nowhere

I said this after the Eastleigh game "after we lose to Bristol Rovers, all you "Lenny is Sh!te and Hurst Out" gang will be out again. You disappear and when we lose a couple of games they all come back.

Lenny adds an awful lot to the team, he's good in the air, brings others into play, holds the ball up and in October and November was the hottest striker in the league.

I agree that Hurst has no plan B, but if we get promoted, fair enough, I'd love to get promoted under Hurst but I just don't think we will.

And also are you one of the "Hannah is our saviour" because he isn't.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 122
grimsby pete
February 16, 2015, 3:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Whats Nigel Atkins doing at the moment ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 122
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 16, 2015, 4:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from SamTheMariner

I said this after the Eastleigh game "after we lose to Bristol Rovers, all you "Lenny is Sh!te and Hurst Out" gang will be out again. You disappear and when we lose a couple of games they all come back.

Lenny adds an awful lot to the team, he's good in the air, brings others into play, holds the ball up and in October and November was the hottest striker in the league.

I agree that Hurst has no plan B, but if we get promoted, fair enough, I'd love to get promoted under Hurst but I just don't think we will.

And also are you one of the "Hannah is our saviour" because he isn't.

Hannah can't be a saviour if he isn't in the team.  

The more I think about it the more I am starting to agree with earlier posters who think promotion this year under Hurst would not be any guarantee for future league status. If we did go up this year several players will go and others won't be good enough. We would need a whole new team in the close season and I don't think Hurst is anywhere near good enough at getting the best players available. Teams that go up and stay up tend to have a good nucleus of players and aim to do more than just survive in their new division. Think Buckley and think John Newman/George Kerr.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 122
ginnywings
February 16, 2015, 4:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer

He scored against Barnet. That was less than a month ago.

Anyway, regardless of that, it's a pity about Palmer's injury as the two looked to be forming a decent partnership. Could be important for Palmer to get back fit and then stay fit as soon as possible.

A penalty, which is still a goal i know but could feasibly be taken by any competent footballer. If Hannah was a regular, LJL would have what? 9 or 10 goals without the pens.

I've no truck with LJL, he is good at this level at what he does but having no consistent partner is really biting us on the ar$e, especially when he is having a bit of a drought. Palmer's absence doesn't help either.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 122
ginnywings
February 16, 2015, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris
I keep saying that the home form (or lack of it) will ultimately be our (or PH's ) downfall

2011/12 23 home games 40 points 51 goals
2012/13 23 home games 44 points 42 goals
2013/14 23 home games 40 points 40 goals
2014/15 17 home games 27 points 27 goals

If the home form continues we will end up with 36 home points and 36 goals

The lack of points gathered and goals scored at Blundell Park has been getting progressively worse. Looking at these stats you wonder how crowds have held up so well.

Yeah, this is one of the big problems. If we had the same points but most of them had been gained at home, i don't think there would be as much apathy around BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 122
Nelly GTFC
February 16, 2015, 4:23pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
A penalty, which is still a goal i know but could feasibly be taken by any competent footballer. If Hannah was a regular, LJL would have what? 9 or 10 goals without the pens.
Yeah just checked, 4 penalties scored, one missed I think, so 9 from open play.  Last goal from open play was 8 matches ago that we won 2-1 against Forest Green.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 122
Tom13
February 16, 2015, 5:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from ginnywings

I've no truck with LJL, he is good at this level at what he does but having no consistent partner is really biting us on the ar$e, especially when he is having a bit of a drought. Palmer's absence doesn't help either.  

Hannah's not the regular taker anymore though after missing one earlier in the season is he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 122
grimsby pete
February 16, 2015, 7:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Although a penalty counts as a goal the same as any other goal,

We all know if the said  player did not take penalties,

His goal count would be less than it is now,

It's goals in open play that really shows you if the player is prolific or not,

John Lewis is a decent player but not in the same league as Akinde,

OOPS , yes he is.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 122
Abdul19
February 16, 2015, 7:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
8 of Akinde's 24 goals are penalties.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is Hurst smoking?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.