Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is Hurst smoking?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 163 Guests

What is Hurst smoking?

This thread currently has 16,810 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
February 15, 2015, 4:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193
Hurst remains upbeat ( Grimsby Telegraph ).

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....7-detail/story.html?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 122
Badger57
February 15, 2015, 5:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Quagmire
If you go back a year on here you'll see the exact same posts re Hurst.  Nothing improves, he doesn't learn, it's the same old same old - and it's not good enough.

People on here saying we shouldn't sack the manager at this stage of the season last year - and what good has standing by him done?  Absolutely nothing.  The same problems crop up time and time again - a lack of creativity in the team and no goalscorer.

We're pretty much in the same position as last year ie limp into the play offs and hope for a bit of luck.  In fact if anything we're now concerned that we'll even make the play offs.

We will not be promoted under Hurst, it's as simple as that.  He has to go.

Unfortunately he won't.  We'll probably end up saying the same things next year as Hurst is given another crack at it in the summer in the name of 'continuity'.  

Thanks for writing that mate as it's exactly what I wanted to write but just couldnt be arsed. Hurst has drained any enthusiasm I had. I know I will get pilloried for this, but IF we make the playoffs I hope to God we don't fluke promotion (and it will be a fluke) as it would validate the man's utter delusions. Worse than that it would mean he would keep his job and I'd like to bet that we'd come straight back down with him at the helm.
Get rid now and let's have a good crack at the playoffs with what would be new found enthusiasm that is sadly needed desperately throughout our ailing club. We could do it with an inspirational Lawrie Mac kind of guy in charge!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 122
Maringer
February 15, 2015, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
So you don't want us to get promoted? Nice.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 122
Badger57
February 15, 2015, 6:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
That's not what I said. I said I didn't want to get promoted with Hurst in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 122
February 15, 2015, 6:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from Badger57
That's not what I said. I said I didn't want to get promoted with Hurst in charge.

Has anyone seen FFS?
Reply: 54 - 122
ackomariner
February 15, 2015, 6:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Badger57

I know what you are getting at, but no need to worry mate because between hurst and lewis as number one striker were going nowhere.....so hurst will be gone and hope he gets another job and takes lewis with him

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 122
barralad
February 15, 2015, 8:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

Really?, I don't think so, many have been saying, me included, that despite the odd good performance and result we are nowhere near to winning the league and a play-off spot might be in doubt soon if we don't pick up and start to put a winning run together.

Defeat to Barnet and then at home on Tuesday to the bottom club might have JF looking for his PAYE tax document files.

And if we manage to beat Barnet and Telford the talk will revert to-"we can still do it"-until the next defeat and so it will go on.
For the record I didn't name you (or anyone else for that matter). You have been consistent throughout-but the evidence is there if you care to look back at the threads. It might be human nature but I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds such mood swings bizarre...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 122
barralad
February 15, 2015, 8:29pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Badger57

Thanks for writing that mate as it's exactly what I wanted to write but just couldnt be arsed. Hurst has drained any enthusiasm I had. I know I will get pilloried for this, but IF we make the playoffs I hope to God we don't fluke promotion (and it will be a fluke) as it would validate the man's utter delusions. Worse than that it would mean he would keep his job and I'd like to bet that we'd come straight back down with him at the helm.
Get rid now and let's have a good crack at the playoffs with what would be new found enthusiasm that is sadly needed desperately throughout our ailing club. We could do it with an inspirational Lawrie Mac kind of guy in charge!

I don't suppose there is much point in getting technical but if a manager gets a team promoted then surely his management style is validated-if that is the task that was set him?
The bit about betting we'd come straight back down is pure conjecture without any points to back it up. As for hoping we don't get promoted through the play offs with him in charge-not really the sort of comment I'd expect from someone who purports to be a Town fan...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 122
barralad
February 15, 2015, 8:35pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from RichMariner
My frustration is that Hurst has built a very good squad. It's a squad that most other managers in this league would be envious of.

Sadly, I also feel that another manager could get more out of this side.

BUT - if we lose in the play-offs, Hurst goes, and we get a new manager in, he probably won't build a team as good as this one.

And so we'll not even make the play-offs and become the new Wrexham (perennial play-off losers and then mid-table dross).

Wrexham are slightly different to us in that their finances look much worse than ours resulting in them having to move better players on.
Whilst it is a somewhat dystopian view I must admit that my fear is that the more seasons we stay down here the likelihood that we will become completely stuck increases.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 122
Nelly GTFC
February 15, 2015, 9:11pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
23rd February 2011 was the date Neil Woods was sacked with us in 9th position.
I quote the Grimsby Town statement issued at the time: "It is important the club makes a timely appointment to keep alive their play-off aspirations"

I wonder what the actual scenario will play out over the next two games... Makes you wonder.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is Hurst smoking?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.