Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

Go John. Enough is enough.

This thread currently has 10,881 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 14, 2015, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 2114 [b
Surely the team that turns out wearing Town shirts have to shoulder some of their responsibilities as well as JF - time to man up and show some spirit so us fans can get behind them instead of venting our frustrations because of the constant inept performances

Of course they should but then you have to accept who brought in those players because over the past 6 or 7 years we have had some right shite ones, and then you have to ask who brought in the managers.

I understand that JF did not have the deciding vote on Neil Woods but not to give NW his P45 at 5.00pm on that fateful day at Burton was a shocking decision if not well before that day.

And if my memory serves me correctly Newell, Edinburgh, Cooper and Shorty and Shouty never actually applied for the job of manager, we approached them, not sure if Woods ever applied for the position of manager.

In all the job applications we had received at the various times after AB was sacked there must have been someone who really wanted the job and who could possibly have either kept us up or even got us back up.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 89
Marinerz93
January 14, 2015, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
i believe we currently have no chairman.

if there was some mad man out there willing to invest, he would of done this by now...

You need stronger glasses, MP invested £1 million and how was he treated, what was the aftermath.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 89
jock dock tower
January 14, 2015, 7:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
How about asking Sacha Baron Cohen to buy into his adopted club?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 89
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 14, 2015, 7:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from jock dock tower
How about asking Sacha Baron Cohen to buy into his adopted club?

Am sure there are people that would sit down and talk about by the sleeping giant (?) that is grimsby town. There are lesser clubs touted with big cash investment so why not us.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 89
TAGG
January 14, 2015, 8:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,970
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from barralad

Out of interest what exactly does the "open market" mean.

FWIW I agree with you about ITV Digital being old hat but from memory there wasn't anybody other than JF who did step up to the plate in the wake of that particular crisis-including the board at the time who'd definitely got us into the mess we were in. I wasn't involved at the time but wasn't that when the initial meetings for The Trust came about because a significant number of fans were very worried about the future.

As in FOOTBALL CLUB FOR SALE

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 89
kingster72
January 14, 2015, 10:44pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Those jumping to the defence of Fenty and stating ITV digital is the reason for our demise, yes it affected us at the time, but it cost other clubs financially too and they are not out of the league!  Only one person can be blamed for the state our club and its non-league status and that is John Fenty and his silent board.  Even the trust members on the board appear to have been gagged, rather than providing a voice for the fans, they appear shackled by controlling Lord Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 89
Nelly GTFC
January 15, 2015, 1:08am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,740
Gold Stars: 31
Did we ever get anyone willing to pump in millions when we was in the Championship at any given time, when we had players worth millions or hundreds of thousands, when we wasn't make big losses every season?

Don't think we did, so whose going to come in and take over when we are losing 200K+ per season with the competitive budget we have now?

New stadium will probally make the club more desirable than at present, if it can at least break even with a competitive budget.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 89
KingstonMariner
January 15, 2015, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I have a lot of sympathy for John Fenty. When the Keep the Mariners Afloat campaign was launched the response was underwhelming. The predominant opinion on the old Fishy (it may even have been the Electronic Fishcake) was "why should we stick our hands in our pockets when we have a multi-millionaire on the board and multi-millionaire lottery winners in the town". This was before the big economic crash so things were not as bad as they are now. John continued to put money into the club as the only significant "investor" for years until Mike Parker came along.

When the Trust was first launched, and for several years, no one gave a monkey's cuss, until Mike Parker donated 500,000 shares and subsequent deals put the Trust within touching distance of the Board.

So really we got the person running the club we deserved. John was right the other week. it is all the fans' fault*.

* slightly tongue in cheek  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 89
KingstonMariner
January 15, 2015, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Having said all that.....despite the concern about not having a competitive budget if John ceases to support the club financially, I'd be prepared to take the risk.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 89
Teestogreen
January 15, 2015, 11:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
Now that sounds like a very promising offer K.M.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.