Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 217 Guests

Go John. Enough is enough.

This thread currently has 10,861 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
January 13, 2015, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
This is ridiculous, as Stevie Saunders said, he walks and we have no club.
Yeh, that's really sensible that is.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 89
mariner91
January 13, 2015, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
What happened with Aswad's flat?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 89
Garth
January 13, 2015, 6:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 75
I'll be at the next forum, if allowed in the ground and Monday to Wednesday.

I've never hidden behind my fishy username and I won't hide behind political half truths either.

Facts are facts.

John Fenty was chairman when this great club were almost relegated from the football league if not for Luton's 30 point deduction.

The following season, Grimsby Town were the 91st of 92 and were relegated out of the league!

5 years on, we are an established non league Conference outfit.

Hull City lie a universe away, they've got their act together so no issues there. I think they'll go down this year, hope so but they'll be looking at Championship football.

But Scunthorpe, who have been at least a division, mostly two, sometimes THREE divisions above us, I can't abide. It embarrasses me, humiliates our club.

I don't doubt JF had done his best but when is your best not good enough?

I've heared what's happened with Azza and his flat by the way.

Ive got no idea how shooting ones self in the foot would solve anything, agreed things are not as we would like them but 4th in the league is better surely than admin FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 89
CambsMariner
January 13, 2015, 6:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +129
The only people in the way are John Fenty and possibly the banks. There is definitely an air of discontentment around Blundell Park from top to bottom. Something is bound to give in a big way very shortly and if somebody doesn't act quickly the club we love will spiral downwards at a rate we may not be able to stop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 89
nickmariners
January 13, 2015, 6:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
It's true that JF's reign has coincided with our fall from grace, and it's debatable whether he has been a contributing cause, or the primary cause of the situation, or if he is - in context - the club's saviour.  I always felt that the new ground project is a huge decade-long distraction from getting the team properly fixed, and that his passion about GTFC is often dissipated by poor PR skills.

But - he puts his money where his mouth is, and abusive rants about the guy who, along with we supporters, is keeping the club afloat is a self-defeating thing.

Come up with a credible alternative plan and everyone will listen.  Until you have something constructive to say, this kind of lazy commentary doesn't help anyone.

UTM
--------------------------------------
‎You're a big man, but you're out of shape. Me? I do this for a living. Now behave yourself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 89
January 13, 2015, 6:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from CambsMariner
The only people in the way are John Fenty and possibly the banks. There is definitely an air of discontentment around Blundell Park from top to bottom. Something is bound to give in a big way very shortly and if somebody doesn't act quickly the club we love will spiral downwards at a rate we may not be able to stop.

Anyone else willing to roll the dice?

I don't think too many people with cash are willing to work with JF? I've heared that from many sources, though self made millionaires are probably buggers to get into partnerships with.

I'll be clear, the few times I d met John, he's been a gent. I've no problems with the bloke on a personal level but to get my facts right, he was the chairman when we so nearly went out of the football league at Bournemouth, to not learn from that and to be relegated from the football league was and is calamitous. We are not Accrington Stanley (no disrespect). But 5 years later, we are still non league, under his leadership (he speaks for the board, not sure what the CEO Ian Fleming does) and yes had more than a fair crack. He's failed so massively we are two leagues below Scunthorpe.

Alfreton are our local rivals now.
Reply: 15 - 89
gaz57
January 13, 2015, 6:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 75
He hadn't had dogs abuse, honestly I think he has got off lightly. You are talking about a chairman / owner that had taken Grimsby Town OUT of the football league! After a fortuitous reprieve the season before. He has had FIVE years to take this club out of the wilderness. We just get weaker and weaker and more reliant on him. Walk away, the club surely had no value? It loses money every week according to the PLC accounts?

It has no value? I'd like him to state his price for his benign loans, am alone in hearing people will not work with him?

Something has to be done I love this club but can't stand this slow agonizing death much longer. No one has come forward because the club has not been put on the market , you don't sell a car or house before you decide to sell. Mr Fenty or anyone else need to be big enough to admit when they are beaten and look at the bigger picture and do what's right for the club, fans and town. Mr Fenty is not the only one running our club there are other directors and their silence is deafening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2015, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I've heard several stories about people not wanting to work for or with him. I've heard lots of reasons (in interviews) why he doesn't command respect etc. I've nothing personal against him and I'm sure that he has tried his best, but, as BPV says, there needs to be an exit strategy because he's had his time and his best has not been good enough.

The bottom line is the £3million benign loan. I've posted too many times on here about what he means by benign. What's the bottom line? What is the price tag for GTFC?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 89
Marinerz93
January 13, 2015, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
When you sit in the hot seat at any club in the land you get smoke blown up your rear end when things are great and abuse when it isn't.

Is JF to blame for relegation out of the

Championship, no
League 1, debatable
League 2, most definitely
Failure to make us a force in the conference, most definitely.

Frustrations seem to be spilling over, people may claim he has saved the club and in some respects he did.  Others have just the right claim that he has suffocated the life out of the club the way it is at the minute.

I laugh my balderdash off when people cry but who will come in with money, it was claimed at the time that MP joined the board that he was worth 3 times what JF was.  Look at the investment by both when they were both involved at the same time and look at the time line of the train crash that was the shares issue.

Regardless of what people want or demand, the state of the club is in Fenty's hands, it's his legacy.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 89
kingster72
January 13, 2015, 6:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
It is well known that people have tried to invest in GTFC, but won't, or can't if Fenty remains involved.  He has dragged this club as low as he could and absolutely needs to walk away before the good times can return.  Any business that had performed as we have over the last 10 years would, without doubt demand a change of control.  Time to get the Fenty Out signs dusted down, he might go round snapping them though!
  Scunny's new ground plan is moving fast, as someone else said, they have a dynamic chairman who it seems is respected by the local council.  We have a stubborn & childish chairman, who with his politics, is not helping the club get its support from the council and never will whilst he is involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.