Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 395 Guests

Go John. Enough is enough.

This thread currently has 10,828 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
cleethorpes_mariner
January 16, 2015, 7:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Marinerz93

You couldn't write a football story like that without it sounding absolutely flipping insane.  Makes you wonder what goes through the mind of a board that has failed at every turn.  Fenty has the finance, the trust have paid the price but what have Elsom and Chapman done, and what do they bring to the table to deserve their places.

They stumped up some cash when the club where in desperate need of funds,  no one else offered to.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 16, 2015, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 75
He's done his best, but he hasn't delivered a new ground while others have. He's been part, a big part of a board that failed to sack Neil Woods, appointed Neil Woods in the first place, failed to retain Russel Slade, failed to reappoint Russell a Slade, appointed Graham Rodger, appointed Mike Newell when nobody in football would touch him, banned Radio Humberside, got us relegated from the football league, half a decade later we're still humiliating ourselves, continues to value the FA Trophy, made goading comments on the unofficial website, proper amateur style, thinks the fans are responsible and thinks 4th in the conference and 15 points behind flipping Barnet is good.

Any more?

Yep, flags, flasks and a tournament in Devon.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 89
lew chaterleys lover
January 16, 2015, 8:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 75
He's done his best, but he hasn't delivered a new ground while others have. He's been part, a big part of a board that failed to sack Neil Woods, appointed Neil Woods in the first place, failed to retain Russel Slade, failed to reappoint Russell a Slade, appointed Graham Rodger, appointed Mike Newell when nobody in football would touch him, banned Radio Humberside, got us relegated from the football league, half a decade later we're still humiliating ourselves, continues to value the FA Trophy, made goading comments on the unofficial website, proper amateur style, thinks the fans are responsible and thinks 4th in the conference and 15 points behind flipping Barnet is good.

Any more?

I think that will do for now, Vicar.

What riles me is that so much of this sorry list does NOT involve money - the one thing people are afraid of losing.

Surely we could have done so much better with a bit less money and a lot more nous? Fair enough that he was willing to put money in when we most needed it, but you have got to ask at what overall cost to the club? How have we got to the point where one individual, whose financial input years ago was helpful, has ruined the club and has such a stranglehold over it? Most of the money he has put in subsequently has been wasted by not appearing to have a strategy other than the failed new stadium idea, and even that has suffered setback after setback.

Just take one example from Vicars list. As a fan I was thrilled when we got Mike Newell in. At last a "name" who said yes. Trouble was, everyone in football knew of his alleged problems except us. How could that possibly be allowed to happen? Unless he did know but chose to take a risk anyway.

To give Woods the job after so many games as a caretaker with not a single victory was bordering on the insane - it makes you think that we don't have proper communication channels to the rest of football if that was the best option we could come up with (as a manager, but Woods was a great servant and a very good player).

Players / coaches / managers talk to each other of course and I am sure word got round a long time ago that the club is not well run, has no real ambition or plan, and is one to avoid till our fortunes turn.    
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 89
BIGChris
January 16, 2015, 8:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93

You couldn't write a football story like that without it sounding absolutely flipping insane.  Makes you wonder what goes through the mind of a board that has failed at every turn.  Fenty has the finance, the trust have paid the price but what have Elsom and Chapman done, and what do they bring to the table to deserve their places.

John Elsom left the board 18 months ago
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 89
Teestogreen
January 16, 2015, 9:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/club/ownership

Is there just 1 director now then? I do not see any reference to any other directors on GTFC's website.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 89
BIGChris
January 16, 2015, 9:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Teestogreen
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/club/ownership

Is there just 1 director now then? I do not see any reference to any other directors on GTFC's website.

Directors are Messrs; Chapman, Day, Fenty, Roberts and Wood

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/club/whos_who/
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 89
Teestogreen
January 16, 2015, 9:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Cheers Big Chris - saw the heading Back Room Staff - but didn't think the board of directors would be in it. They should be elevated to Front Room Staff i.m.o.   - so we all know who they are - and I believe we should. The directors may collectively benefit from opportunity to relate to their customers and their feedback.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 89
moosey_club
January 16, 2015, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep, flags, flasks and a tournament in Devon.

wooaahhh...the tournament in Devon was a great trip...

apart from a ruined tent due to a heavy storm and the team not bothering to turn up to the final leaving fans stranded and not knowing what was going on....it was great.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 89
Marinerz93
January 16, 2015, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris

John Elsom left the board 18 months ago

Really, I missed that, was it publicised and will his contribution be missed, genuine question.   Reason I asked is because I have never heard of anything they had done to make the club better.

Quoted from BIGChris

Roberts & Wood, are they the trust members?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 16, 2015, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from BIGChris

And the other 4 have how many shares?
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.