Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 234 Guests

Go John. Enough is enough.

This thread currently has 10,860 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 16, 2015, 10:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

They stumped up some cash when the club where in desperate need of funds,  no one else offered to.

You mean more than the £500 worth of shares and £50k they are obliged to put forward to have a seat on the board? genuine question

Who is going to give JF money, look what happened with MP.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 89
cleethorpes_mariner
January 16, 2015, 10:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Marinerz93

You mean more than the £500 worth of shares and £50k they are obliged to put forward to have a seat on the board? genuine question

Who is going to give JF money, look what happened with MP.

MP did not leave the club because of JF but for other reasons he explained on tv and the paper and yes they where willing to put in 50k when no one else would,  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 89
LongEatonMariner
January 16, 2015, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well it's like this. If I offered you a house that was worth £1,000,000 for £4,000,000, would you buy it?

So there isn't anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 89
LongEatonMariner
January 16, 2015, 10:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

And you know there isn't because ....

I don't know. I am just waiting for one of these mystery men / women to show themselves. Mike Parker a few years ago does not prove a line of others are waiting in the wings with suitcases full of cash, or indeed no suitcases but an interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 89
LongEatonMariner
January 16, 2015, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker

They stumped up some cash when the club where in desperate need of funds,  no one else offered to.

The fact that they are potentially key decision makers still, illustrates the dearth of potential investors. Don't get me wrong I'd welcome anyone, the present administration have made loads of mistakes but I can't see any other option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 89
Marinerz93
January 17, 2015, 12:00am

Barley Wine Drinker

MP did not leave the club because of JF but for other reasons he explained on tv and the paper and yes they where willing to put in 50k when no one else would,  

In my comments were did I say that MP left the club because of JF.

What I was taking about when I said look at how MP was treated was over the shares issue after he left the board and what happened with the shares he gave to the trust.  That's why no new money is coming forward, a major investor treated in that manner would put the majority of investors off.

The directors had to put up the £50k because that's part and parcel of being a director, they didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 89
BIGChris
January 17, 2015, 8:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6

MP tells a different story away from the media however that is largely irrelevant now as it is today and the future which is vital not the past
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 17, 2015, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

MP tells a different story away from the media however that is largely irrelevant now as it is today and the future which is vital not the past

Except it's what's happened in the past that's put us in the mess we are today.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 89
BIGChris
January 17, 2015, 10:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Except it's what's happened in the past that's put us in the mess we are today.

Might well be but I live my life with the concept that I can't change the past therefore I don't concern myself with it, focus on the now and future because you can possibly influence that
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 89
Marinerz93
January 17, 2015, 11:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

Might well be but I live my life with the concept that I can't change the past therefore I don't concern myself with it, focus on the now and future because you can possibly influence that

No one can change the past Chris but you can repair damage done by admission and putting things right, not manipulating timelines and giving ultimatums.

Private Message
Reply: 89 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Go John. Enough is enough.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.