7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 1, 2015, 5:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Left early when their second went in as I knew there was no way back for us. We were even worse than last home game which I didn't think possible.

Not really much else to say as it's the same old story...........…....
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
January 1, 2015, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ginnywings
Left early when their second went in as I knew there was no way back for us. We were even worse than last home game which I didn't think possible.

Not really much else to say as it's the same old story...........…....

If ever a club needed a change of ideas from top to bottom its Grimsby town.

this predictable shite from being done on the counter attack to not being able to take a corner has been boring fans to death for too long now.

And to top it off you have paul hurst to try to motivate you.

oh excrement.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 69
mariner tommy
January 1, 2015, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Fed up totally now, the first half wasn't too bad to be honest, once we got level we pushed them back for the remainder of the half and should have got another.
But the second half, oh dear, what a load of doo doo.
It was almost like a totally different team, and not a shot on target that i can recall.
You just sensed that when it got to the 80th minute that they were going to score, and lo and behold !!
The manager just has to go, there is no defence for him now.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
cmackenzie4
January 1, 2015, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from mariner tommy
Fed up totally now, the first half wasn't too bad to be honest, once we got level we pushed them back for the remainder of the half and should have got another.
But the second half, oh dear, what a load of doo doo.
It was almost like a totally different team, and not a shot on target that i can recall.
You just sensed that when it got to the 80th minute that they were going to score, and lo and behold !!
The manager just has to go, there is no defence for him now.

UTM

Totally agree with this Tommy, I left before the game finished and I very rarely do that, very poor!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 69
headingly_mariner
January 1, 2015, 6:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Not good enough in both boxes today, defence looks really shaky at the moment. Need a couple of good signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
mariner91
January 1, 2015, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
We are now 15 points behind Barnet. I think even the most optimistic of fans will be hard pressed to suggest we have a chance of automatic promotion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
Tommy
January 1, 2015, 6:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I've said before about a lack of evidence during games that we work on any patterns of play and look clueless against a defensively organised team. But what has become just as concerning is the amount of goals we concede on the break when teams seemingly stroll 3/4 of the length of the pitch before the ball ends up in our net.

Another one today sounds like it went that way although I haven't been today so cannot comment specifically on today's game.

Do we not have the players with the mental capacity to realise someone needs to be in position to protect the back 4 in case we lose the ball?
Do we not work on this or at least speak about it to ensure we attack with balance and we don't get all our players ahead of the ball.
Do the players not know what their jobs are as soon as we lose the ball

A concern. However as I said I wasn't there today so will read others' reports.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 69
chaos33
January 1, 2015, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Fenty says we're in 'striking distance' of the leaders. In reality, of course, everyone knows that the race for the title is over because of our appalling home form.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
Mighty_Mariner
January 1, 2015, 6:08pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
We've certainly missed Toto's pace at the back the last 2 games!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
RexFannies
January 1, 2015, 6:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
With these players a decent manager who can understand how important tactics are or just understand tactics would have us top of the league...I don't know who that manager is but i know who it isn't.

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.