Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

just back

This thread currently has 11,641 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
January 1, 2015, 8:10pm
Guest User
Come on Fenty! if you are reading this do the right thing! The season is over let's not kid ourselves hust is the nearly man, restart for next season NOW!!
Reply: 20 - 69
DocTower
January 1, 2015, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Apathy , but still turned up expecting Grimsby Town to put on a display to put the Lincoln game down to a one off . Same tired players putting in a lack luster performance , thanks Hurst .
Aswad  like Sunday shows he's  not fit or carrying an injury , midfield creates  very little although busy . Pitman Lewis and Arnold appear to have never played together before . What our keeper was playing at I don't know . Just no understanding whatever . 4 5 1 ,  4 4 3  perm any number you want . Macclesfield  weren't  much but played the ball on the floor and looked ok .

Some  complain about no atmosphere  , well Mr Hurst come and sit with us . I don't  know what your looking at , but your glasses must be better than mine . Another 2 hours of my life I won't get back .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 69
Theimperialcoroner
January 1, 2015, 8:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,175
Gold Stars: 102
Been at work all day, so missed things. Can anyone explain why Disley was dropped? This squad rotation balderdash is a massive part of why we are struggling for consistency imo.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 69
ackomariner
January 1, 2015, 8:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Been at work all day, so missed things. Can anyone explain why Disley was dropped? This squad rotation balderdash is a massive part of why we are struggling for consistency imo.

Upset tummy this morning

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 69
DocTower
January 1, 2015, 8:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Was told he didn't  pass a fitness  test . Your lucky to have been at work . Best thing to see was the fireworks behind the Osmond  . Always happens after a Lincoln game .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 69
BIGChris
January 1, 2015, 8:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Didn't play particularly well in the 1st half but we had enough chances to be in a decent lead. Not sure how LJL failed to get anything on his golden chance in the first half and Pitmann too should have scored from the Shops cut back.

How many times in recent years have we conceded goals like their first one? Parslow backed off and backed off allowing their guy to run from 45/50 yards out without any semblance of a challenge. That wasn't experience just gross incompetence. Get savvy, take one for the team but foul him whilst out on the touch line if you have too and take a yellow. Naive in the extreme.

I expected us to kick on in the second half but frankly it was the most inept 45 mins I have seen for a long time. I walked from near the college to the game today. I am convinced I put far more into that walk than Nathan Arnold did in the 2nd half. He strolled his way through it, was never available, didn't attempt to close his opponent down when they had the ball and offered Thomas nothing by way of support.

Many on here campaigned for 4-4-2 yet it is so easy to play against and that is why so few teams line up like that today. As Lincoln did, they had someone between our defence and midfield and we couldn't cope.

The winner? Thomas was pulled to the ground on the refs blind side but I am surprised not to read any criticism of McKeown. I thought he should have done better with both goals.

Pearson is the one shining light. Another very good display. Some have been critical of Toto but god how we have missed him in the last 2 games ( +Magany of course)

IMO Thomas had a better game than of late but our wide players brought nothing to the game. Scott Brown re tweeted loads of stuff from his followers about why he was left out v Lincoln. Again in my view he hardly proved he should be a guaranteed  selection. Wrong choices time and time again.

Strikers missed chances but Hannah struggled to control the ball once he came on.

Very disappointed. The squad needs a shake up, do we trust the manager to do it?

It is the shocking home form that worries me and many others most. I do go to most away games and we look a well drilled organised outfit.
But where it really matters, in front of our fans/paying public we are shambolic, toothless and devoid of attacking flair.

I can stomach a home defeat. That happens in football. It's the manner of the defeats that concern me most

Something needs to change and change quickly.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 69
mariner tommy
January 1, 2015, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ackomariner

Upset tummy this morning

He was on the bench ?.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 69
ska face
January 1, 2015, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,621
Gold Stars: 840
I could've shat with rage at the first goal.

About 35 yards from goal, out on the left touchline, their centre forward is going absolutely nowhere unless we let him. Parslow backs off and backs off until he allows him into the box, from there he's struggling unless he makes great challenge.

That's 4 goals in 2 games that have come down our left with the ball played across the middle. Four. You couldn't make it up.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 69
ackomariner
January 1, 2015, 8:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mariner tommy

He was on the bench ?.

UTM

What Hurst said on the radio

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 69
Nelly GTFC
January 1, 2015, 8:25pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,733
Gold Stars: 31
The players just stand there like statues waiting for things to happen, instead of making things happen.

When we have a throw in their is no movement, and when the opposition are on the ball they hardly stick a foot in especially today.

We never seem to spring a few passes together, and the booting down the channels does naff all, when in attack their doesn't seem enough support, or urgency to move forward either the majority of the time, and when their is we just get hit on the break, like the Lincoln game!

Is this what Paul Hurst instills into the players?  Do we have any specific tactics, because the last two games we didn't seem to have any, and we don't change anything, well from what I see with my own eyes.

Never said anything after the Lincoln game, but I think Hurst must of been watching a totally different game to say we played alright, people in the lower smiths around me all said the same thing today.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.