Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is this bloke on???????
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 260 Guests

What is this bloke on???????

This thread currently has 10,152 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2015, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

I've read Paul's piece in the press and agree with it wholeheartedly.

Your thread is derogatory. Just for a minute put your self in the position of such a rude response. I bet you'd be jumping up and down!!!!!!! And asking for the thread to be removed!!!!!!

The threads about the Manager and players are, on the whole disgusting and signifies a lot of what is wrong with the club.

(Flack jacket on, hear comes another barrage of abuse)

Were in the play offs and within striking distance of the top spot. A slip up on 41 to 45 minutes when we were 1 up. Also their keeper had a very good game, it should have been out of sight by 41 minutes.

That's football.

12 games 2 draws and 2 losses and there's a call for wholesale change. Who's coming to a club that let's a manager go when we are challenging.

Whatever you all think there is massive team spirit behind closed doors. And that's a credit to how the manager actually motivates people. I don't remember Sir Alan Buckley bouncing off the walls in interviews, or making silly promises I about how we are going to cut teams up.  

It's a derby and anything can happen in those. We beat Scunthorpe last year!!!! Didn't we?

What I fear is, we will not return to the Football Leauge anytime soon with all of this negativity.

It's difficult supporting town, I know that to my countless nights lost sleep, but all this destructive attitude is offensive at times and by and large very, very unhelpful.

Players the manager and the board are human they will know just what is being said.

Does anyone out there perform better with destructive and suppressive  abuse as oppose to being properly supported.

Don't give me, as has been said before, that the players should be strong enough to take it and they are paid to take it.

They earn an average wage at best.

Can we please turn the page and give the club, Manger and players your unrelenting support from now to the end of the season.

The 13th man is vital I feel to our success.

Happy New year and best wishes John

And I thought that the supplier should always respect the paying customer. I've only had 25 years in sales and marketing, what would I know?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 71
dapperz fun pub
January 1, 2015, 10:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And I thought that the supplier should always respect the paying customer. I've only had 25 years in sales and marketing, what would I know?

No customers = no business the customer is always right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2015, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

No customers = no business the customer is always right

Well there's going to be even less customers to please at home to Gateshead next week for sure.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
jonnyboy82
January 2, 2015, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

I've read Paul's piece in the press and agree with it wholeheartedly.

Your thread is derogatory. Just for a minute put your self in the position of such a rude response. I bet you'd be jumping up and down!!!!!!! And asking for the thread to be removed!!!!!!

[b][The threads about the Manager and players are, on the whole disgusting and signifies a lot of what is wrong with the club./b]

(Flack jacket on, hear comes another barrage of abuse)

Were in the play offs and within striking distance of the top spot. A slip up on 41 to 45 minutes when we were 1 up. Also their keeper had a very good game, it should have been out of sight by 41 minutes.

That's football.

12 games 2 draws and 2 losses and there's a call for wholesale change. Who's coming to a club that let's a manager go when we are challenging.

Whatever you all think there is massive team spirit behind closed doors. And that's a credit to how the manager actually motivates people. I don't remember Sir Alan Buckley bouncing off the walls in interviews, or making silly promises I about how we are going to cut teams up.  

It's a derby and anything can happen in those. We beat Scunthorpe last year!!!! Didn't we?

[b][/What I fear is, we will not return to the Football Leauge anytime soon with all of this negativityb].

It's difficult supporting town, I know that to my countless nights lost sleep, but all this destructive attitude is offensive at times and by and large very, very unhelpful.

Players the manager and the board are human they will know just what is being said.

Does anyone out there perform better with destructive and suppressive  abuse as oppose to being properly supported.

Don't give me, as has been said before, that the players should be strong enough to take it and they are paid to take it.

They earn an average wage at best.

Can we please turn the page and give the club, Manger and players your unrelenting support from now to the end of the season.

The 13th man is vital I feel to our success.

Happy New year and best wishes John

John when are you going to start looking at YOUR decisions and input as to why we are were we are hey ?

to be honest I am getting quite sick of your posts were you blame everything but you and the choice of managers YOU have employed and the fact that after paul having successive chances of trying to get us promoted but failed you felt he should keep going ..WHY ?

the fans that you accuse of being negative are the ones who are sick to death of deja vu from the way you come on here blaming everyone for being negative to the manager blaming the fans or the referee when we lose a game rather than thinking him or the way his players have played are the reason we lost , well john incase you haven't noticed the man you back to the hill has no connection with the fans or a belief amongst the fans he can take us up they also are the ones who pay £18 who turn up to watch some of the most horrible football to grace Blundell park since your tenure.

yes we can all blame whoever ITV digital or mariners kitchen john but the truth is since you have had the helm we have had season after season of decline and yet you still blame the fans of being negative well im sorry but please forgive us of seeing the same shite on repeat and for me that's a complete cop out, maybe look in the mirror.

John I sincerely thank you for your input to the club with funds and I really do believe you have made decisions out of genuine belief but lets be honest you have yourself to blame for a lot of this in example the neil woods decision just for one ! yet I never hear you say the decisions which YOU made at boardroom level have been wrong.

no its all the fans fault !

jesus christ john can you blame us, this is a club I love that has just sunk and sunk to low after low , well im sorry if I don't have much faith in the current set up I mean after all can you blame me ?

listen when this club starts changing I will return and the fans this club have lost will follow suit until you stop being so stubborn and start admitting your mistakes this club aint going anywere.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
gtfc82
January 2, 2015, 11:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Looking at Getyourfactsright's post, I still don't believe it's Fenty! There's too many mistakes with spelling and grammar for an educated businessman!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
January 2, 2015, 11:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82

John when are you going to start looking at YOUR decisions and input as to why we are were we are hey ?

to be honest I am getting quite sick of your posts were you blame everything but you and the choice of managers YOU have employed and the fact that after paul having successive chances of trying to get us promoted but failed you felt he should keep going ..WHY ?

the fans that you accuse of being negative are the ones who are sick to death of deja vu from the way you come on here blaming everyone for being negative to the manager blaming the fans or the referee when we lose a game rather than thinking him or the way his players have played are the reason we lost , well john incase you haven't noticed the man you back to the hill has no connection with the fans or a belief amongst the fans he can take us up they also are the ones who pay £18 who turn up to watch some of the most horrible football to grace Blundell park since your tenure.

yes we can all blame whoever ITV digital or mariners kitchen john but the truth is since you have had the helm we have had season after season of decline and yet you still blame the fans of being negative well im sorry but please forgive us of seeing the same shite on repeat and for me that's a complete cop out, maybe look in the mirror.

John I sincerely thank you for your input to the club with funds and I really do believe you have made decisions out of genuine belief but lets be honest you have yourself to blame for a lot of this in example the neil woods decision just for one ! yet I never hear you say the decisions which YOU made at boardroom level have been wrong.

no its all the fans fault !

jesus christ john can you blame us, this is a club I love that has just sunk and sunk to low after low , well im sorry if I don't have much faith in the current set up I mean after all can you blame me ?

listen when this club starts changing I will return and the fans this club have lost will follow suit until you stop being so stubborn and start admitting your mistakes this club aint going anywere.

I feel your frustrations and I am sure many of echo them.

I think it is even worse than you say though. It is pretty obvious we are going nowhere under the current regime and the whole place needs freshening up to put it mildly. Changing the manager might have a short term effect (though I don't think it will happen) but the real problem is the ownership.

We need new money men  but nobody will bail him out, nobody seems to want to work with him and we have the dreaded benign loans hanging over us.

The future is bleak until somehow he gets his money back (cant blame him for wanting that - well I can but I am being generous) and we get a new start.

Its not going to happen though, so we just have to plod along I guess.  
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 71
RoboCod
January 2, 2015, 11:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Dec 29th; GTE headline "Grimsby Town boss backs his men after loss to Lincoln City"

Jan 2nd; GTE headline "New signings on the radar for Grimsby Town"

We're floundering and the season ebbs away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
jonnyboy82
January 2, 2015, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from RoboCod
Dec 29th; GTE headline "Grimsby Town boss backs his men after loss to Lincoln City"

Just about sums up what real faith he has in his squad.

If he mentions he wont bring in players for the sake of it then I will point him to Hamish Watson and nicky walker then shoot myself  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
arryarryarry
January 2, 2015, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RoboCod

Sums the guy up for me, we have gone from "we played well" to "I am looking for new players" in two games.

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2015, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I feel your frustrations and I am sure many of echo them.

I think it is even worse than you say though. It is pretty obvious we are going nowhere under the current regime and the whole place needs freshening up to put it mildly. Changing the manager might have a short term effect (though I don't think it will happen) but the real problem is the ownership.

We need new money men  but nobody will bail him out, nobody seems to want to work with him and we have the dreaded benign loans hanging over us.

The future is bleak until somehow he gets his money back (cant blame him for wanting that - well I can but I am being generous) and we get a new start.

Its not going to happen though, so we just have to plod along I guess.  

I suppose when the club is indebted to such a large amount in loans (how benign is benign?) to Mr Fenty then he has the right to call the shots. But then again, is he saying that the paying customer (us) don't have the right to question the decisions and dealings of a board that he has led and chaired/been the custodian of (his words) that has overseen the most catastrophic decade in the club's history?

The negativity is in the club from the top. It's the one thing that Mike Newell was right about. We just keep chucking good money after bad - not just the board but the fans too and now we've added the smokescreen of a new stadium - which would be great if we had a decent team to put on it in a decent league!
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is this bloke on???????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.