Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is this bloke on???????
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 187 Guests

What is this bloke on???????

This thread currently has 10,094 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
December 31, 2014, 9:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Maringer

Better than you it would seem. 7 home wins, 3 draws, 4 defeats so we haven't drawn and lost more than we've won!    

Close though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 71
Getyourfactsright
December 31, 2014, 10:28am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from TAGG
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....95-detail/story.html

What a load of excrement this bloke talks.
Hurst you are such a mammary.

I've read Paul's piece in the press and agree with it wholeheartedly.

Your thread is derogatory. Just for a minute put your self in the position of such a rude response. I bet you'd be jumping up and down!!!!!!! And asking for the thread to be removed!!!!!!

The threads about the Manager and players are, on the whole disgusting and signifies a lot of what is wrong with the club.

(Flack jacket on, hear comes another barrage of abuse)

Were in the play offs and within striking distance of the top spot. A slip up on 41 to 45 minutes when we were 1 up. Also their keeper had a very good game, it should have been out of sight by 41 minutes.

That's football.

12 games 2 draws and 2 losses and there's a call for wholesale change. Who's coming to a club that let's a manager go when we are challenging.

Whatever you all think there is massive team spirit behind closed doors. And that's a credit to how the manager actually motivates people. I don't remember Sir Alan Buckley bouncing off the walls in interviews, or making silly promises I about how we are going to cut teams up.  

It's a derby and anything can happen in those. We beat Scunthorpe last year!!!! Didn't we?

What I fear is, we will not return to the Football Leauge anytime soon with all of this negativity.

It's difficult supporting town, I know that to my countless nights lost sleep, but all this destructive attitude is offensive at times and by and large very, very unhelpful.

Players the manager and the board are human they will know just what is being said.

Does anyone out there perform better with destructive and suppressive  abuse as oppose to being properly supported.

Don't give me, as has been said before, that the players should be strong enough to take it and they are paid to take it.

They earn an average wage at best.

Can we please turn the page and give the club, Manger and players your unrelenting support from now to the end of the season.

The 13th man is vital I feel to our success.

Happy New year and best wishes John
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 71
Mariner Ronnie
December 31, 2014, 10:33am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Well said John. UTM and happy new year too

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 71
Marinerz93
December 31, 2014, 11:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Your thread is derogatory. Just for a minute put your self in the position of such a rude response. I bet you'd be jumping up and down!!!!!!! And asking for the thread to be removed!!!!!!

The threads about the Manager and players are, on the whole disgusting and signifies a lot of what is wrong with the club.

Were in the play offs and within striking distance of the top spot. A slip up on 41 to 45 minutes when we were 1 up. Also their keeper had a very good game, it should have been out of sight by 41 minutes.

That's football.

12 games 2 draws and 2 losses and there's a call for wholesale change. Who's coming to a club that let's a manager go when we are challenging.

Whatever you all think there is massive team spirit behind closed doors. And that's a credit to how the manager actually motivates people. I don't remember Sir Alan Buckley bouncing off the walls in interviews, or making silly promises I about how we are going to cut teams up.  

It's a derby and anything can happen in those. We beat Scunthorpe last year!!!! Didn't we?

What I fear is, we will not return to the Football Leauge anytime soon with all of this negativity.

It's difficult supporting town, I know that to my countless nights sleep, but all this destructive attitude is offensive at times and by and large very, very unhelpful.

Players the manager and the board are human they will know just what is being said.

Does anyone out there perform better with destructive and suppressive  abuse as oppose to being properly supported.

Don't give me, as has been said before, that the players should be strong enough to take it and they are paid to take it.

Can we please turn the page and give the club, Manger and players your unrelenting support from now to the end of the season.

I think you'll find that the fans of this club have given it loyal support over the last decade and continue to do so more than many other clubs in a similar position. It beggars belief that you are going to blame the fans for fearing that we won't be returning to league football any time soon because of a little bit of negativity. The huge amount of positivity and desperate praying from fans didn't stop us from falling out of the league did it.

We are not good enough at home to attract the sort of gate we should be getting for a team in our position, that's not because of a few negative people, it is the football on show, people voting with their feet.  Do you think we would be getting the gates we do if our away form wasn't so good.  People come to BP because we are up there but on the whole leave disappointed and frustrated, our budget comes mainly from home gates why aren't the players or Hurst grasping that.

You say massive team spirit behind closed doors, why isn't the door left open so we can see some of that team spirit on the pitch, we love players covering each other, supporting each other. Seems we are being fed the old Neweel line of we look great in training.

The comment about it should have been out of sight by 41 minutes, is true but this has been the case in a lot of the games we dropped points in, especially at home.  Should have's don't get you promoted.

You want an atmosphere, open up part of the Osmond to home fans, we have more than enough stewards, it is that simple. An old mentor of mine told me that when managing something you will always get a few moaners, he said when people stop moaning the system is either right or they don't care.

Happy New year and best wishes to you and your family John

Dave

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 71
ginnywings
December 31, 2014, 11:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Let's blame the fans again shall we?

This team and manager talk a good game but don't deliver, especially at home. Only the team can generate a positive atmosphere and they are failing. Lincoln's first away win for months and they beat us at their place when they had just lost about 6 on the spin. Southport got their first away win for a year also at BP.

In a nutshell, the product isn't attractive and people are voting with their feet.

Also, if you and the players don't like what is said on here, then don't log on. It's a fans forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 71
davmariner
December 31, 2014, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75

That's football.

It's difficult supporting town, I know that to my countless nights lost sleep, but all this destructive attitude is offensive at times and by and large very, very unhelpful.

John, my concerns are that Paul thought that we played well and I think many others share the same concerns. There keeper had a good game, granted but we were awful for 50 minutes on Sunday.

People can accept the team had an off day, fair enough we're all human it can happen. It's only one game. It concerns me that Paul thinks that was a good performance and an acceptable standard. Too many players weren't at the races and there is a case for it being down to fatigue or whatever but come on, can you honestly say that was good enough?

Our not particularly great home record since Paul and Rob arrived is a cause for concern and many would ask the question why this is still an issue.  

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 71
davmariner
December 31, 2014, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from ginnywings
Let's blame the fans again shall we?

This team and manager talk a good game but don't deliver, especially at home. Only the team can generate a positive atmosphere and they are failing. Lincoln's first away win for months and they beat us at their place when they had just lost about 6 on the spin. Southport got their first away win for a year also at BP.

In a nutshell, the product isn't attractive and people are voting with their feet.

Also, if you and the players don't like what is said on here, then don't log on. It's a fans forum.

Well said, hit the nail on the head.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 71
moosey_club
December 31, 2014, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220

So...you wholeheartedly agree that the home support has been sent home happy in general this season? Because that is what the article said.
Putting aside your interests in the club and speaking as a true supporter, as someone who watches in the same stands as we do..you have been sent home, from Blundell Park, happy in general this season?  
I would be amazed if you could answer that in anything other than a NO as 3000 others watching the same games, from the same stands have not.
Maybe if someone was lucky enough to only have attended the Alfreton game then YES...but regular supporters? I dont think so.

Of course we all want to get behind the team but statements that are clearly questionable do not help us bond with the club.  

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 71
TAGG
December 31, 2014, 12:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121

You would. Just look on here for a better appraisal of the game.

No its not, stop being a girl.
"jumping up and down" In my 15 years as fisherman and countless years Docking I can assure you mammary comes well down on the jumping up and down league table.

You are what is and has been wrong with this club.

"play off's" this just shows you lack of ambition IMO.
We are not in striking distance of the top and never will be with the way we play football under your Manager.
After we weren't out of sight after 41 minutes why didn't the Manager change things around to try get back on top again????  

That's football.
No its not it more to do with the ineptitude of the Manager. When 1-3 down you lose 3 points I would have more respect for Hurst if he changed things by taking a defender off and bringing on an attacking option. Even if it didn't work and we lost 1-5 (still -3 points)at least we would have been seen to be having a go.

There would be Managers backed up around to the Imp for the job and you know it.

Why mention Sir AB?? Are you trying to take credit for bringing him to club????

More importantly than that Derby defeat  Lincoln have taken 6 points off us this season.

So your blaming the fans, nice one.
The negativity has has been draining down from the very top like water torture over the last 10 or so years.
IMO we wont return to the FL any time soon with you still at the helm.  

Blaming the fans again????

Agree.

Agree.

Whos that down to??????

No.

I have been a "13th man" since 1969 and go to every game I can (all this season)
After the Lincoln game I was going on NYD and see what the reaction from the Manager and players was like and take it from there but not now (after this) I will go back when and if we are a league club again.
Thanks for that Mr Fenty

I wish all the fans and all at GTFC a Very Happy New Year  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 71
petethemariner
December 31, 2014, 1:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
'An average wage at best'really john? Maybe compared to your income yes, but i can assure you that they will
earn far more than the majority of GTFC supporters - certainly me,  we are asked to pay FL prices for a poor non-league
product, so i feel on a Football Forum we are entitled to air our views and frustrations, there  will be views of both
extremes, very often OTT on both sides - live with it, no-one has died!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is this bloke on???????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.