Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is this bloke on???????
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 204 Guests

What is this bloke on???????

This thread currently has 10,140 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 3, 2015, 5:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer

Glad you're happy.

Who said I'm happy? Why do you think I'm happy to see us fail? Bizarre line of reasoning Maringer.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Maringer
January 3, 2015, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Who said I'm happy? Why do you think I'm happy to see us fail? Bizarre line of reasoning Maringer.

As bizarre as bringing up a jokey post from over 3 days earlier (an eternity in the land of the messageboard), for the sole reason of having a dig?

I'm very comfortable with my comment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
JonnyK
January 4, 2015, 10:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Quoted from rancido
A friend of mine visited BP for the first time in 20+ years to see the Lincoln match. It was he that first got me going to watch town back in 1965 and we used to attend every home match and some away. He told me that he thought town played some decent football, was pleasantly surprised at some of the approach play and the main difference was that they took their chances and we didn't. This is from a guy who regularly watches live Premiersh*t games. Although this is only one opinion it does demonstrate how a performance can be interpreted differently by those watching.
As for those on here who immediately " jumped down JF's throat ( getyourfactsright ) " for his post he, never blamed the fans for the performance , just tried to emphasise the need to keep backing the team and staff. His reference to " negativity " isn't a case of apportioning blame but just trying to keep looking at things with a positive frame of mind. We might have lost a battle but the war isn't over. Judging by some of the attitudes on here back in WW 2 after Dunkirk most of you detractors would have just rung Adolf and said OK we surrender, we can't beat you!

The lincoln game was my first game for a while as well and I too thought it was quite encouraging as defeats go. Never seen lincoln play that well in my years of going and I enjoyed at least seeing us create plenty of chances.

Totally surprised by the macc result though and that really shook my confidence that we were promotion contenders.  To win the league, any team needs a good, long run of form and until the macc game I thought we were in as good a position as any, except Barnet,  to do so. Now I believe it is all about our run to the play-offs. As much as I have finally lost faith with Hurst I think we'll have more chance getting promoted with him than without
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
kingster72
January 4, 2015, 10:45am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
We can write the season off that's for sure. JF's backing for Hurst is crazy, we will NOT go up with him in charge and giving him the transfer window to mess up again, will only make things harder with a new man in the summer.  The squad is strong enough to be matching Barnet already, they just ain't playing to their potentional and that's Hurst's fault! Like WBA & Palace showed, bottle should have been shown before the window opened to get someone in.  An exciting no fear type of boss like Eddie Howe needs to be appointed, not a negative type, who is constantly bigging up the opposition before games, like we have now.  JF again shows he is clueless in understanding GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
JonnyK
January 4, 2015, 10:57am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Quoted from kingster72
We can write the season off that's for sure. JF's backing for Hurst is crazy, we will NOT go up with him in charge and giving him the transfer window to mess up again, will only make things harder with a new man in the summer.  The squad is strong enough to be matching Barnet already, they just ain't playing to their potentional and that's Hurst's fault! Like WBA & Palace showed, bottle should have been shown before the window opened to get someone in.  An exciting no fear type of boss like Eddie Howe needs to be appointed, not a negative type, who is constantly bigging up the opposition before games, like we have now.  JF again shows he is clueless in understanding GTFC.

If Eddie Howe style bosses were 2-a-penny then I'd agree. But they're not, and there's no guarantee that a change will bring success.  

It's ludicrous to say that we can write the season off on the back of 2 defeats ( before the usual 'its been that way all season though!', consider how strong a position we'd be in with those scores reversed). I wouldn't waste even a fiver now on Town to win the league, but surely we have as strong a chance as any to make the play-offs? We've got a track record of getting that far, at least?  It may not be enough for our beloved club to say 'play-offs are the aim', but I couldn't care less if we go up in 1st or 5th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
Marinerz93
January 4, 2015, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from JonnyK

If Eddie Howe style bosses were 2-a-penny then I'd agree. But they're not, and there's no guarantee that a change will bring success.  

It's ludicrous to say that we can write the season off on the back of 2 defeats ( before the usual 'its been that way all season though!', consider how strong a position we'd be in with those scores reversed). I wouldn't waste even a fiver now on Town to win the league, but surely we have as strong a chance as any to make the play-offs? We've got a track record of getting that far, at least?  It may not be enough for our beloved club to say 'play-offs are the aim', but I couldn't care less if we go up in 1st or 5th.

Some good points JonnyK but the frustrations are aimed at our poor home performances and our record of how we have played in the play off's.  

We have been as weak as a poof's fart in the business end of the season, and things don't look like they are going to change. I don't think there would as much frustration if the home / away record was reversed.  Our budget comes from our home gates, the players and Hurst have to grasp this fact.

Also bear in mind that if our home record was great then our away following would be even larger than it is, this could help build momentum and there would be more Town fans than home fans at most away games.

It's not just getting to the play off's, it's the manner of how we get there and what our potential is when we get there.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2015, 11:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Marinerz93

Some good points JonnyK but the frustrations are aimed at our poor home performances and our record of how we have played in the play off's.  

We have been as weak as a poof's fart in the business end of the season, and things don't look like they are going to change. I don't think there would as much frustration if the home / away record was reversed.  Our budget comes from our home gates, the players and Hurst have to grasp this fact.

Also bear in mind that if our home record was great then our away following would be even larger than it is, this could help build momentum and there would be more Town fans than home fans at most away games.

It's not just getting to the play off's, it's the manner of how we get there and what our potential is when we get there.

There's two things that come from this.

1. Hurst/Fenty/whoever need to instil into the players that they need to be at it from the start. We always look second best (particularly at home) in the first 15 minutes.

2. Someone needs to make a decision to somehow organise the fans so that the vocal element are all together as they are at away games. The atmosphere and noise needs to be raised several notches.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
kingster72
January 5, 2015, 9:08am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Quoted from JonnyK

My comments are not based on the last 2 defeats, more the lack of getting results against part-timers that we have done so often, to be 15 points behind at this stage is unforgivable.  We have a good squad that is plain to see, finishing 1st had to be the aim and that looks highly unlikely, even if we were beat Barnet twice now.  Hurst is not capable of getting success in the play-offs.
With a decent manager in control of this squad we would have been top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2015, 6:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer

As bizarre as bringing up a jokey post from over 3 days earlier (an eternity in the land of the messageboard), for the sole reason of having a dig?

I'm very comfortable with my comment.

Well pardon me for not being on the button. I do apologise for having an outside life.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
headingly_mariner
January 6, 2015, 6:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There's two things that come from this.

1. Hurst/Fenty/whoever need to instil into the players that they need to be at it from the start. We always look second best (particularly at home) in the first 15 minutes.

2. Someone needs to make a decision to somehow organise the fans so that the vocal element are all together as they are at away games. The atmosphere and noise needs to be raised several notches.

Just out of interest, how many games have you been to this season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is this bloke on???????

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.